F7: Searching and Conversing [Zero]

Mari was on the 7th floor, it was her first trek up here. She was in a miscellaneous cavern, she had acquired a small pick axe and was attempting to gain Materials, she had a particular…albeit peculiar customer who kept on asking if she sold Mats. Mari found it somewhat soothing and relaxing last time she went material hunting with Moartea, so decided that maybe- she could have that same effect being alone.

Mari struck against the wall, and naught but rock and dirt crumbled out before her.

"Dang..." 

Loot Dice: 8
Perma Dice Roller #2361

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zero ventured through the seventh floor on one of his occasional solo treks, and slowly began to pass the various mountains and caves on the floors terrain. He stopped at the sound of what he thought was someone mining in one of the caves, and slowly began to approach it. The boy stopped near the entrance, unsheathing his swords, and slowly stepped towards the inside. He held his swords up at the sight of a figure, but lowered them as he realized who the figure was.

"Mari?" He slowly sheathed his blades as he walked towards her, he hadn't heard from her in some time since the incident involving Argumail.

Mari, not being one to give up heaved the tiny pick axe into the side of the wall again. It crumbled away, revealing nothing.  Of course, this will be a very lengthy process. It would take time, heck Mari could be at it all day and not get anywhere. She gave a sigh. Then, after hearing a pebble get kicked, she dropped the axe and whipped out her dagger - Mari was on edge lately, and she had every right to be. 

Yet, the person who appeared, wasn't one she expected to appear - Zero. She hadn't seen him since....since.. Mari turned away from him, she wasn't sure how she could look him in the eyes. "Yeh....Hey Zero..."

Loot Dice: 10 FAIL

Perma Dice Roller #2364

Zero began to take a few steps towars her, but stopped when she looked away from him. Was she ashamed? Did she think he would look at her differently? Or was it all in his head? "Mari..." He started the sentence but found he had no words to use, for once he wasn't sure what to say to her. He gripped his hands into fists, walking towards her again, and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Mari, look at me please... Look at my eyes, don't say a word and just do it." He spoke softly in his brotherly tone, and gave Mari a gentle and concerned gaze. He knew he couldn'tact like nothing had happened, that woul most likely worsen the situation.

Mari shrugged Zero off her shoulders. "They're after me yanno." She began, instead of looking at him she picked up her small axe and struck at the wall, a cracked appeared and a small crystal popped out - Mari picked it up and placed it in the satchel she had around her waist before turning to face him. Her sapphire gaze a mixture of determination worry and fear - all swirling around in her troubled mind.  "The Inquisition, rumour has it a few of its members are after my head - want to straight up murder me." Mari gave a bitter laugh. "Who  can blame them, I was the one who dealt the finishing blow to the great and powerful Argumail after all!"

Loot Dice: 17 SUCCESS

Perma Dice Roller #2537

Mats Collected: 1

Zero listened to Mari and sighed, he knew what she said was true about the rumors. "I know, but it doesn't matter." He placed his hand on her head and pushed her towards the wall. "They try anything, and I mean anything, and I will tear them to shreds." He looked into her eyes, giving her more serious and cold look, and poked her chest with his free hand. "Now don't you dare go turning into this wreck of a person, out of the two of us you're suppose to be the one that's fine in the head."

Mari grumbled when she felt Zero push her head against the strangely cool cave wall. She glared at a crystallized vein, venting her anger at that thread of blue till Zero let her go. "Tear them to shreds eh?" Mari asked dryly as she turned to face him, she noted the cold hard look in Zero's eyes, he was serious - and that didn't impress Mari. Not that she didn't appreciate the sentiment. "I'm not bothered. They don't scare me - I think even if they all attacked, I'd have a fair chance. However..." Mari thwacked the vein with her axe, and another small crystal popped out, she quickly placed that into her satchel too. "Just in case - I am collecting Recording Crystals, I have a customer asking for them - I don't have much Col, and am going to invest in them, sell some and obtain a few teleportation crystals."

She gave a bitter laugh, "I haven't been right in the head for weeks."

Loot Dice: 20 SUCCESS
+1 Performer Material

Perma Dice Roller #2581

Mats Collected: 2

Zero stepped back, turning away from Mari, and began to feel his hand shake. He didn't like how Mari was beginning to act, he liked her old self that hated his pessimistic tendencies, and felt anger swelling up inside him the more Mari spoke. He listened to her laugh about her mind not being right for weeks and gripped his shaking hand tightly. "Stop treating this like a god damn joke Mari! This isn't something that should be taken lightly!" He kept his back to her, trying not to show that her words were affecting him more than they should be.

As Zero stepped away Mari continued hammering away at the wall, her next strike was a failure but she didn't let that get to her too much. Unlike Moartea she didn't easily get frustrated with the lack of materials gained. She felt that 2 in such a short time was more than enough. More than expected. Mari paused her mining when Zero spoke through gritted teeth, begging her not to treat this as a joke. She lowered her head. "How else am I meant to treat it Zero. Two people have died by my hand, and the more time that goes by, the more I realize...how easy it was for me to do....what makes another few deaths on my already scarred soul eh?" 

She looked up at his back, she wasn't sure what he was going through or feeling, but she felt she should thank him for that day. "Thank you - for helping. I felt like I just...snapped seeing Argumail treat that Celes... Celesh? Seeing him do that to her."

Loot Dice: 10 FAIL

Perma Dice Roller #2589

Zero clenched the hand that was shaking into a tightened fist, and looked down at the ground as let his shoulders slouch putting aside his usual rough exterior. He listened to Mari closely, though he hated what she was saying he remained quiet, and when she had finished he let go of his hand letting it shake freely. "Don't you give me that load of crap... Don't you god damn dare say that Mari. I heard all about what had happened with your first kill, that is not your fault, and it is not a blemish on your soul. As for Argumail, I'm sure if there is a higher existence it'll understand you defending someone from danger."

He felt his entire start to shake, and his heart begin to race. He hadn't experienced in a long time, but it seemed Mari had broken off a piece from the very barrier she had repaired. Along with it came the mind stressing headache and whispers in his head. He walked up to the wall of the cave, and gently passed his hand over its cool surface before suddenly slamming his head into it repeatedly. "Why can't you people just live in the light like your suppose to god damn it!"

Mari struck the pick against the wall again the sounds of the small 'tink' tink' 'tink' echoing as the two fell into a odd silence. Giving up Mari focued her attention on Zero agian, noticing his demanour change. His fists ball up - his entire form shaking. Was he going to attack her? He did say he was a gamble after all. Zero snapped at her, turning to face her - face contorted in rage, spit flying from his mouth as he chastised her, telling her not to give him that crap. Mari flinched, glancing away.

"I wasn't referring to.....that.....I was reffering to how easily ....*ahem* defeating Argumail was, it kind of scares me - but - Life has told me, helped me realize I shouldn't run from that feeling, I should accept it and - Hey..hey HEY!" Mari shouted, as Zero slammed his head against the wall. "What the censored is WRONG with you?" Mari screamed as she placed her palm in the way so the third time he slammed his head he hit her hand instead of the wall. Mari slowly pushed herself in front of him till he had head butted her instead of the wall. Mari winced.

"I don't know what you are on about this 'living in the light' business but you need to stop that right now. I don't need you to disappear on me too. Dammit Zero."

Loot Dice: 9 FAIL

Perma Dice Roller #2596

Zero looked at Mari for a few seconds then looked down at the ground, and let out a slight sigh. His head felt heavy, and his mind somewhat clouded more and more by the passing second. The boy felt his entire being shake and hugged Mari tightly, almost as if he were afraid. "Don't listen to him, don't. That feeling is like a poison, look what it does to people like Argumail, Zelrius, and even Daeron. It makes you numb, makes you into a monster, and when next you realize it you're left alone because of it..." He felt his heart race more and more, and didn't want to let Mari fall into the same pit as him. "Do this and you'll lose yourself as well as the majority of those you hold close, because you'll realize too late that they will be your prey..."

Mari did not like being touched, and so her first reaction was to attempt to push him away - but he was taller than her, and physically stronger. Mari sighed. It was the Sinon Scenario all over again. At least Zero wasn't crying into her chest. Zero begged Mari not to listen to him, not to listen to Life's sadistic and twisted words - yet she felt torn. She trusted Life, she trusted him more than she trusted Zero. Even if his attitude had changed. "If that feeling is like a poison perhaps I'm just toxic." Mari murmured, resting a hand on the back of his head. "I've met Daeron - he seemed nice. He gave me rations and shared a drink with me. Zelrius - I don't know his past. He just seems arrogant. And Zero..." Mari pulled him away to look into his eyes. "I'm disappointed you'd ever think I'd end up acting like trash such as him." She brushed white strands of hair out of his troubled face. Attempting to soothe him. 

"I'm not a monster, we all have that tiny ball of darkness, twisted inside of us - it's in all of us, it's what makes us human." Mari tried to console him, by repeating the words that Life had told her, but she wasn't aware just how dark and horrid they sounded. Or what effect Life's words would have on Zero.

"I'm not alone. I have Life, Alkor, You - My guild, I don't ever see me drawing my blade on any one else, any time soon. I'd rather avoid it."

"You're not toxic... Not yet, but soon... Soon you will be... Just hear youself, listen to the words your uttering. They are nothing but proof that you're being poisoned..." Zero spoke softly, holding Mari more tightly, and slightly laughed when she spoke of Daeron and Zelrius. "You don't know Daeron and Zelrius, trust me. As for the Argumail part, I'm not wrong. The way you think will make you dig a pit of darkness that you'll never be able to crawl out of." He looked at her eyes when she pushed a strand of hair from his face, and slightly smiled at the gesture.

His smile faded when he heard Mari utter words that simply made him feel anger. "Keep walking the path you are on and you may not be able to say you won't raise your blade against us. Mari, look at me and see that I am telling you the truth. This is not a path you want to venture, please stop while you can because I don't want to lose someone else I lo- care about..."

Mari wasn't sure what Zero meant. "Zero, I'm only repeating what Life told me, and he is a dear friend. I trust him with my life." Mari sighed, hearing him speak of Daeron and Zel, in a sense he was right. Daeron had mentioned that he enjoyed killing that he did it so easily and only because he wanted to. Mari knew that; but she also knew he was attempting to redeem himself. Mari shot her head up, pushing Zero off of her; clearly agitated that he again compared her to Argumail; a feeling that made her sick.

"I said DON'T compare me to THAT CANCER!" She yelled, tiny hands balled into fists. Breathing heavily; tears threatening to burst from her eyes. "Stop? Paths? Do you hear yourself Zero!? You're assuming I am going to turn into some sort of monstrous killing machine!" Her voice lowered, and was pained, as she glanced away. "I'm not going to be like that...do you really have that little faith in me?"

"Well that 'friend' of yours seens like a horrible influence..." Zero muttered still angered by the words. He knew what they would lead to, what a person could become through those type of words. He watched Mari push him away, and slowly transform into something near an emotional breakdown from what he could tell.

"It isn't a matter of faith, but a matter of knowledge. It takes a bloodthirsty monster to see one, what that person Life said will lead you to a way of thinking you'd rather avoid, but if you really trust him that much then I won't stop you. Soon you'll be thinking of killing again, and you'll try to find a reason to justify it." He rested against the caves wall, and slumped down with a sigh. "I care about you a lot Mari, maybe more than I should, and I want to try to make sure you stay healthy and alive, but if you don't think you need that from me then I'll stop. It's your life to live, though I'll be here if you need me."

Mari shot Zero a small glare. "He's really helped me, if it weren't for him - or for Alkor, I'd probably be a snivelling mess. OR dead."

Zero seemed to be quite heated as well, but he kept his words level. Faith and knowledge, they were sound reasons but his words suggested that he was a blood thirsty monster and Mari simply didn't see that in him. You're implying you are a bloodthirsty monster." Mari laughed. "You. Cottonball." She shook her head. "I'm sorry Zero, I don't see that in you."  Mari watched as he slumped down and followed suit, the two were now sitting opposite each other in the small space - Mari straightened her legs either side of Zero, for if she didn't she'd be placing them on top of his and she felt that wasn't the best course of action.

"You what?" His sentiment took her back; Mari felt awkward- she turned her gaze away from him. "I enjoy your company Zero - but not romantically."

"I doubt they helped you, but you have to be reasonable and realize that this place changes people..." Zero looked at Mari then at her legs, trying to keep himself calm.

He was angry, frurstrated, and nervous all at the same time now, but he knew he had to stay calm. She didn't believe he could kill, it was understandable since he had kept himself in check but she was poking his buttons and soon should could accidentally hit the wrong one. "Fine, don't see it in me. However, it is true and when we encountered Kazuya and the rest is proof enough of this fact. I wanted to shred him and his annoying companions apart, but Alkor stopped me because he knew what I would do..."

"Not like that geez... I meant like a sister, or more like the person who filled the hole left inside me when so many I knew left and disappeared..." He explained himself, though it was noticeable in his now red face that he felt slightly what Mari had suggested. Was this what they called 'Love', or was it just his imagination?

"They did help me. Alkor helped me realize..." Mari trailed off, giving a small smile as her voice grew soft, almost sentimental. "That. What I did, whilst it was bad...I was protecting people - he helps me keep a level head." Mari bit her lip "Life...he is making me realize that this world is filled with horrendous people." She turned her eyes to Zero - her deep blue eyes, usually filled with such emotion, had a deadpan look. "Those people are a cancer." 

Mari sighed, before shaking her head. "Sometimes Zero...it feels like my insides are fighting with themselves. But Honestly... I have no desire or want to hurt or kill anyone right now, its nice - to see someone look at me in such a way, even if I am not good with emotions and cannot return those sentiments."

"I see... Alright then do whatever you like Mari. I won't get in your way then." Zero knew it would be pointless to keep going, and looked at his legs. He could see that his words were a broken blade bashing against the shield that were the words of Alkor and Life. "Horrendous people he says..." He laughed slightly hearing that, and leaned his head back. "What a nice lie that would be, there are morons, fools, idiots, and the like here, but horrendous? That only fits with a very few people Mari, now I know that Life's full of it but I won't persist since it is pointless of me to do so..."

He looked at her, her blue eyes the only thing he could focus on, and sighed looking back up as she spoke. "I really am a fool... Guess my sister wasright when she said I was still naive regarding that. I hate it when she's right..."