[OP-F1] Secret Medicine of the Forest

Rolled 4 on Battle Die

Rolled 8 on Mob Die

Jun saw yet again that the mob was low on health, it had taken quite a beating, he ran at the plant again and swung his sword, Jun was unsuccessful as the plant swung one of its thorny vines at him and batted him away, again it left thorn sized marks in his chest. He groaned and stood up, â€‹"Sorry guys, I just can't manage to hit it, it keeps getting me with the vines." Jun decided to rethink his strategy, he would try to go at it differently next time, next time he'd try and go around the side of it rather than attacking head on, which hadn't worked for him so far.

Jun Health: 9/17

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, Ourian studies the plant with pain-staking detail. If it had any kind of secret, he was hell bent on finding out what it was. As he watched the others charge in, he paid close attention to the Ovule. As soon as they were within range, the vines sprung to life. As the vines swung and stabbed, something caught his eye. Only certain vines acted as whips and the others acted like lances. Determining which ones would be which when he attacked again, however, would prove difficult. 

"There must be something I'm still missing..." Ourian muttered, examining his target further. Finally he saw it; the leaves on its left shook when the whip-like vines attacked and the the leaves on its right shook when the lance-like vines attacked. Taking this into account, Ourian charged at the enemy.

[4682]                                                    

[bD] 10 (-1) =9 {Epic Critical} 4 Dmg (Avoidance doesn't affect Epic Crits, if I'm not mistaken)

[CD] 7                                                    

[LD] 18                                                  

[MD] 10 {Epic Critical} 5 (-1) =4 Dmg

As he got close, the left leaves shook. 

"Whips..." Ourian said to himself as he side-stepped each of the three whip attacks. Now the right ones shook.

"Lances..." Ourian muttered as he stepped back as a set of three vines struck up from the ground before him. Getting in perfect position, he got into a crouching position, his sword arm crossed over his body. His sword began to glow.

"Step Sword!" Ourian shouted, leaping into action and at the Ovule. As he passed alongside it, he slashed at the plant and stopped right behind it with his sword arm extended away from his body. Sheathing his sword, a large gash appeared on its head.

Unsheathing his sword once again, he turned around for the kill, however he saw something that he didn't plan on. ALL of its leaves were now shaking...

Suddenly, the vines grabbed him by the wrists and ankles, immobilizing him. Then, with a shake of its right leaves, three lance-like vines pierced his chest. As he was tossed away, Ourian coughed up blood as he clutched his chest. 

"It missed my heart by inches... Damn this thing is nasty!" Ourian coughed, wiping the blood from his mouth with his gauntlet.

---

Arthonnen: [/////////////][13/13]

Crozeph: [/////////////////] [15/17]

Crusher: [///////////////] [15/15]

Jun: [/////////////////] [9/17]

Ourian: [/////////////////] [11/17]

Sosuke: [/////////////////////////] [27/27] (sorry. didn't read your skills lol)

Little Nepent's Ovule: [///////////////////////////] [2/30]

Perma-Roller 

ID:4691

BD:8

As he saw it was close to death, he launched for it. As he attacked it went to defend its self wildly. However he chopped through the vines, and sliced through the creature. Standing there as it busted into pixles, he sheathed his sword. "Well. It is dead" Looking around he smiled. 

Arthonnen: [/////////////][13/13]

Crozeph: [/////////////////] [15/17]

Crusher: [///////////////] [15/15]

Jun: [/////////////////] [9/17]

Ourian: [/////////////////] [11/17]

Sosuke: [/////////////////////////] [27/27] (sorry. didn't read your skills lol)

Little Nepent's Ovule: [/////////////////////////] [0/30]

Perma-Roller 

ID:4692

Loot:8+2=10 

(1 Material each) 

150 Col (Total)

Crozeph sat on the ground after the plant shattered "nice job everyone" he said. Crozeph never expected something like that to take longer than he expected, the plant had a decent speed that kept it from being attacked constantly resulting for a gruesome battle. Crozeph let out a sigh before accepting his share "at least it was worth it" he said. Crozeph looked at Arthonnen "so is there anything to do after that plant took a lot of strength from me" he said grinning.

"Haha, well we have what we came for"  Holding up the , Â«Little Nepent's Ovule» . "We could always check the area for a chest. Since the beast was quite difficult, some one might have been hiding somthing near by. Or it could have spawned on all on its own. -Looking around as he said so-(OOC- You guys should check out my Blacksmith shop, :D http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/5263-shop-f1-the-indomitable-forge-good-deals/page-2"

Jun sighed, all that effort for nothing, 150 col, but at least he got the material. He sat down and looked at his surroundings, the cave was actually quite beautiful when he wasn't fighting some mad plant. Jun placed the items in his inventory and turned to the group, "Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun, even if the plant was a pain to fight. Sorry about missing it so much." He laughed and rubbed the back of his neck. Standing up he turned, "We could look for a treasure chest, I don't see the harm in doing so."

Seeing jun was a little bothered with the reward "Well, Dont forget , We still all get to claim the Anneal blade." (OCC, and if we Finnish 3 pages, that is 400 col per page (1200 col) "Well lets look  around for the chest," As he started looking around the cavern, Noticing all the beautiful scenery, "Hmm". Jumping into the water he swam behind the waterfall and called "back here!" . Seeing that there was a small opening behind the waterfall. When he climbed up he looked around. There was a Chest with an Ornate lock on it and it was glowing softly, Like an unclaimed quest item does. After you kill a mob. "hmm.. Well lets see what we have here.."

4714: ID

Loot: 15+2=17 Loot!

LD: 15-20 - Great Success!
(50 Col (For everyone each) and +2 more materials)

-Calling back to the group he shouted "Hey Look back here!, I found a chest!

( OCC)http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/4646-general-game-guide-rules/#entry343292

As he got to the mouth of the cave, Ourian realized that something didn't feel right... like something was missing. Finally, he reached for his neck to find that his necklace was missing. 

"Damn it! Must've fell off in the fight..." He swore, returning to the cave to retrieve the necklace. As he returned to the battlefield, he noticed that everyone else was searching for something as well. Ignoring them for the time being, Ourian continues to search for his necklace. Finally, he finds it at the edge of the cliff. As he goes to grab it, he hears Crusher shout something about a chest. Picking up the necklace and putting it on, he walks over to where everyone was gathered.

"Guess it's a good thing that I almost lost my necklace... Almost missed out on the chance to get some decent loot." Ourian smiled, crossing his arms and waiting for Crusher to open it. As he did, everyone received 50 Col and 2 more materials. As he collected his loot, Ourian decided to wait and stick around. Hmm... maybe I should stick around after all... Might find some interesting stuff... Better than being bored at home...

Crozeph walked towards the guy who found the chest "nice job,er..." Crozeph looked at him "I didn't get your name" he said. Crozeph took up his share of the loot and loaded it to his inventory, today was a nice day and he's enjoying it so far. "So are there anything else that we could do, if the chest is the final thing that will show up..." Crozeph stopped and sat down on the ground. He needed to take a little rest, he used up a lot of strength keeping his speed up to avoid receiving too much damage from the plant "I'm not lying, I need a little rest" he said then fell on his back looking up "nice job on the plant" he said.

Jun put his col and materials in his inventory, he had gained a decent amount of stuff, he could do a lot of crafting and probably make a good profit in forms of orders. He laughed, â€‹"Well, this was fun, even if I didn't do much." He waved and walked towards the exit of the cave, "I'll catch you guys later! Try not to die!" He hadn't really made any friends here but he'd had some fun distracting himself from his mundane activities of everyday SAO.

Crozeph stood up now, he's wasting a lot of time lying around. "where do we go next?" he asked them. Crozeph sheathe his sword ready to follow them if there is anything that needs help. With the loot that was his share given to him he might be able to forge new weapons and armors to get himself ready for any dangerous encounters. "Nice job on the plant Crusher" he said. Crozeph met new people today, whom he had fought alongside to take down a plant that has been too troublesome if they fought it alone without a plan. He looked around to see if everyone is ready to go somewhere further.

"Yes its a blade" Arthonnen said taking what he needed from the dead corpse of the planet monster as its body shattered into fragments. "Thanks for the help this thing was a lot.....harder....than I thought it would be. I suppose all the easy mobs that drops the item have already been snatched up." He would put away his blade walking over to the chest to collect his few col and materials passing a nod crusher way before he started to walk off himself back to town.

Eventually Arthonnen would make his way back to the quest giver handing over the medicine as his world slightly phased around him as he saw NPC's becoming healed stand up and thank him before they were fit enough to walk out by himself. Arthonnen would leave the little hut with a new sword, but slightly little satisfaction. Not like he was saving a real life, just NPC's who would respawn in time.

• 6 years later...