[SP-F6]<Calming The Soul> The Crow and the Carrion Crow [Complete]

"So this is the location where the place will take place" Crozeph uttered as he makes his way to the water. The sound of the waterfall was a little deafening for him but it wasn't annoying in his head. Crozeph sat at the edge, the water beside him. There are no danger felt inside the place but Crozeph didn't want to stay off guard so his Crimson Flare is still strapped on his back. The place is quite peaceful even with the noise the waterfall makes as if he could sleep soundly in there. Crozeph felt a calmness upon being there but that's not one of the reasons he's here.

• 2 weeks later...

Crozeph sat near the water and unstrapped the sword on his back. He washed his hands on the water and sat quietly there. For a moment Crozeph felt a calmness he hasn't felt in a while. "I could sleep here forever" he said. Crozeph closed his eyes but he wasn't planning to sleep, he was on a quest and he needs to make sure he successfully does it. Crozeph continued to keep his eyes closed and listened to his surroundings. He could hear birds chirping and the rushing sound of water from the falls. It was a different kind of sound as if he was calm enough to see something or someone which he would normally do. "I'm a calm person but it feels like I still have much to learn when it comes to this kind of things" he thought. "Yes, you still have a lot to learn Crow" he heard himself but it was not him speaking. Crozeph slowly opened his eyes and saw a figure that looked like a shadow. It was grinning at him but its face pitch black and its silhouette similar to him "finally managed to talk to me ehh?" the figure said. Crozeph looked at him with a serious look on his face "oh no, don't be like that, I'm a part of you that you understood" the figure stood up "but hardly accepted" he said, his grin getting wider. The figure was like a phantom. Its eyes circles, a wide grin and its body moving like a cloth but still he looks like Crozeph undeniably. "If you're called Crow..." he pointed at himself "I'm the Carrion Crow" he added. Crozeph knew this figure wasn't the friendly type so he grabbed his sword with his eyes fixated on it "still denying me Christoff?" the figure said its grin changing to an angry one "STILL DENYING ME!?" the figured body began flaring up and a copy of Crimson Flare which is colored black appeared on its left hand "you piece of s***! you created me and now you deny me?!" he began to jump on Crozeph and tried to cut him in half. Crozeph rolled back and unsheathed his sword, the original Crimson Flare "sometimes creators need to destroy some of their creations" he told him.

Crozeph 24/24

5 damage +2 evasion +3 damage mitigation +1 thorn

Carrion Crow 35/35

+2 evasion +7 damage

Crozeph and the Carrion Crow began attacking each other and since its a part of him, the Carrion Crow is as fast as he is "I'm much more better than you" the carrion said "I'll be taking you down using the thing you're good at, your speed" he added. The two of them pointed their sword downward, Crozeph's basic yet fatal stance for attacking opponents and mobs alike. Crozeph and Carrion's sword met as if it was a mirror move "if others have a hard time beating someone like you down, I can make your heart beat fast with fear" the Carrion said. Crozeph smiled at what he heard "because it was from me where you learned to strike fear to others" Crozeph loosened his grip on his sword and spun around changing the direction of his attack from upward to a slash on the head. The Carrion move back and Crozeph saw that its face was cut off "I'll prove to you that I can take you down even if you're my creator!" he said. The Carrion's face grew back to normal and raised his sword pointing it to Crozeph "a horse can kick his master but never will it be able to ride him" Crozeph told him smiling. The Carrion began shouting wildly as if he's frustrated "we've just began Christoff, you can't say for sure and I'll kick you so hard you'll die!" he said.

[iD: 6639]

Battle Dice: [10] critical success

3 base damage +2 weapon damage +2 critical damage

Mob Dice: [6] - [2] = [4] fail

Crozeph 25/25

Carrion Crow 28/35

Crozeph raised his sword ready for another clash. Carrion dashed towards him the same speed he has, a speed that has a higher chance of leaving his enemies no time to react but Crozeph knows those kind of moves. "Reacting to it and fighting back is like accepting your death..." Crozeph took a step back dodging Carrion's attack completelyCrozeph then made an upward slash but failed to hit Carrion as he rolled away fast enough making Crozeph cut through his collar and Carrion failing to deal damage miserably "this is quite a troublesome fight ehh Christoff" Carrion told him. Crozeph just looked at him, his calm expression making Carrion frustrated "that face! I hate seeing that calm face!" he yelled "ever since that girl came into your life you started to forget me..." Carrion's shadowy figure suddenly turned huge a few feet from Crozeph "I'm the only weapon you got Christoff, I'm the only one" he said with his eerie grin standing out "and that girl is my cure" Crozeph replied "using you is quite a blunder on my part, I never wanted to have a phantom of my own" he added. Carrion didn't like what Crozeph said and his wide grin changed into a deranged one "I'll end you Christoff, if I'm going down I'll be taking you with me" he said.

[iD: 6733]

Battle Dice: [2] fail

Mob Dice: [4] - [2] = [2] fail

Crozeph 25/25

Carrion Crow 28/35

Crozeph saw Carrion raise his sword "a downward attack?" he thought. Carrion's grin grew wider and swung the sword downward. Crozeph moved in closer, avoiding Carrion's sword and gaining enough distance to attack "not quite predictable ehh Christoff" Carrion changed the sword pointing it down instead of swinging it. The ground began to crumble making both of them lose balance. Crozeph slashed before him hoping that his attack reaches Carrion's arm but failed. Crozeph rolled away and used his sword as a shield on the rocks launched by Carrion's attack "are we even wounding each other?" Carrion said as he he pulls out his sword on the ground. Crozeph stood up dusting off the sand on his shoulder. Crozeph doesn't want to get near the water, the land is his domain and no one can take him down easily if his feet are on the ground "I wounded you earlier, till you cowered away from me" Crozeph said. Carrion raised his sword which Crozeph did also "well then Christoff, joking around is over" he said before the two of them dashed at the same time.

[iD: 6804]

Battle Dice: [2] fail

Crozeph 25/25

Carrion Crow 28/35

The two dashed towards each other, Carrion's eerie grin and Crozeph's calm expression meeting with their swords. As the blades struck each other a strong gust of wind blew around them  "so strong Christoff, you're likely to take down an armored player now" Carrion said before spinning around and slashing at Crozeph's arm to his hip. Crozeph almost dodged it making Carrion's attack graze him. Crozeph touched his arm as he feels the wound Carrions inflicted to him "lucky shot" Crozeph said and this time his smile surfaced, a smile almost similar to Carrion "we're not battle-hardened Christoff, don't smile like that wound makes you stronger" he told him. Crozeph stood up, his sword pointing downward "but it makes me feel the fear inside my bones" he replied "and fear makes me more stronger" he added. Carrion looked at him, his circle eyes that shows only white and shadowy figure moving like the bushes around them "yes, we learned to make ourselves stronger with this fear" he told Crozeph grinning.

[iD: 6805]

Battle Dice: [3] - [2] = [1] fail

Mob Dice: [8] - [2] = [6] success

7 damage - 3 mitigation = 4 damage

Craft Dice: [12] battle healing activated

+1 HP regenerated

Crozeph 22/25

Carrion Crow 28/35

Crozeph raised his sword and waited for an attack which Carrion took with eagerness. Carrion made a quick swipe on the ground raising the mud and dust alike making Crozeph cover his eyes to avoid getting blinded. Crozeph twisted the sword to his back and felt Carrion's presence behind him "I'll get you Christoff" he said. Crozeph parried his sword but failed to cover himself completely from being attacked. Crozeph got pushed back and wounding his shoulder as he tries to keep his balance. Crozeph still looked calm even with two successful and dangerous attack from his own self and this made Carrion more frustrated "even your own demon hates you" he told him. Crozeph raised his sword and tried to stand still, he wasn't at his best but he needs to keep himself alive or he'll be done with before the sun goes down.

[iD: 6857]

Battle Dice: [6] - [2] = [4] fail

Mob Dice: [9] - [2] = [7] success

4 damage 

Crozeph 18/25

Carrion Crow 28/35

Carrion charged at Crozeph again, determine to wipe his existence off the game. It was the only chance he got but Crozeph seem to know how he moves and Crozeph isn't taking him seriously. Carrion made a downward swing wounding Crozeph but also losing sight of him after the attack "he used the dust and muds too" he said. Carrion turned around and saw nothing  "down here crow" Crozeph said. Crozeph swung his sword upward, his ever lethal move wounding Carrion cutting through his body made up of shadows but somehow the shadowy figure can feel pain as if its his flesh being cut. Carrion stepped back touching his wounds, it seems Crozeph may not be dodging his attacks but instead gaining a lot of distance by taking his attacks "just give me more time Carrion..." Crozeph looked more calm than ever but still the wounds remain "I'll figure out something along the way" he said.

[iD: 6908]

Battle Dice: [8] - [2] = [6] success

3 base damage +2 weapon damage

Mob Dice: [9] - [2] = [7] success

Crozeph 14/25

Carrion Crow 23/35

Carrion never really understood what Crozeph meant but it seems he's gaining advantage of the situation "of course, people who can sense their death becomes disoriented" he said. Crozeph didn't react, he kept on being quiet letting Carrion do all the talking. Crozeph walked towards Carrion, his sword low and his face as calm as he can be. "Come get some creator" Carrion said. The wind blew and before Carrion knew it Crozeph disappeared "what the..." Carrion raised his sword quickly but before he could react, Crozeph passed through him like the wind. Carrion fell to his knees while using the sword to keep himself up. Carrion looked behind him and saw that Crozeph is looking at him, back turned and his glare getting through him "you know why I deny you already?" Crozeph said. He turned around, pointing Crimson Flare at Carrion "you've run out your usefulness" he said. Carrion stood up his hand on his belly "you scum" he said. Crozeph made a grin which Carrion usually does "you were made to tame me but then you failed" he said still pointing his sword at Carrion "now stand up and let's get this over with" he added.

[iD: 7113]

Battle Dice: [8] - [2] = [6] success

Mob Dice: [5] - [2] = [3] fail

Craft Dice: [13] battle healing activated

+1 HP regenerated

Crozeph 15/25

Carrion Crow 18/35

Crozeph continued walking towards Carrion who is now feeling fear himself. "I'm your demon, I can kill you right now if I want t..." Carrion raised his shield blocking Crozeph's sword but it was too strong he was pushed back and before he knew it, Crozeph is already beside him "I hate your small talk" Crozeph slashed at him so strong that he was launched in the air. Carrion fell on the ground his sword faded away as soon as he lost grip of it "how did you..." Carrion's circle and blank eyes widened. Crozeph was grinning, his glare going well with it "I always was the violent and wicked son my father had" he told him "you were the other side I show people, but it seems even you is hating on me" he told him. Carrion's grin disappeared on his face "I hate you even more" he said "of course, I always get that everywhere from anyone" Crozeph replied. Carrion stood up and created a fake Crimson Flare again "then I guess I have to take you down Christoff" Carrion said "may the best dark side win" he said.

[iD: 7114]

Battle Dice; [10] critical success; modifiers nullified

3 base damage +2 weapon damage +2 critical damage

Craft Dice: [11] battle Healing activated

+1 HP regenerated

Crozeph 16/25

Carrion Crow 11/35

Crozeph raised his sword with one hand and saw that Carrion is already charging at him. Crozeph rushed forward, his sword still raised and waiting for the right distance and timing to attack Carrion "timing is essential, it may not be everything but is essential" Carrion began his attack fast paced and continously. Crozeph then moved back and parried some attacks and dodged the others rendering Carrion's attack useless "and there's an opening..." Crozeph moved in when Carrion tried to stab him "it is easy for someone like me to dodge stabs than slashes" he told Carrion. Carrion tried to move back but Crozeph has gained a good distance and slashed upward sending Carrion back "stand up" Crozeph said pointing his sword at Carrion who is now lost for words on what's happening "stand up and die already" Crozeph added giving him a glare.

[7115]

Battle Dice: [9] critical

3 base damage +2 weapon damage +1 critical damage

Mob Dice: [2] fail

Crozeph 16/25

Carrion Crow 5/35

Crozeph and Carrion's eyes met, it seems the battle is coming to its end. "Looks like you're going to win this battle Christoff" Carrion told him. Crozeph didn't flinch, he didn't even knew this side of him existed. A phantom he never really liked or knew he created but he understood him enough. Crozeph aimed his sword at Carrion and the shadow did the same "this is the final clash we'll have, any last words for me Christoff?" Carrion said. Crozeph smiled, replacing his grin and set his sword on his shoulder "nice try killing me Crow" he said. Carrion then smiled too at what he heard "I was indeed the one you always show to people but after this what will you do? no one wants an insufferable, calm person like you" Carrion told him "I've got Aya's words to remind me of that" he said. Carrion raised his sword, this may be the last time their swords will meet and thus they should put their all to it "I really don't need you anymore, you can go wander somewhere" Crozeph told him then aligned his sword to the center of his body "let's get this over with" he told Carrion, his voice calm as he was a while ago. The two moved at once and made their basic yet lethal move...a slash upward, spinning as if creating a circle. Crozeph and Carrion skidded then stood still for a second then Crozeph sheathe his sword after a few seconds but blood started coming out of his lips as his left shoulder began bleeding badly that his sword is drenched by his own blood that came out of his sleeve. At the same time Carrion's arm fell off, the one close to his heart. Carrion fell to his knees. There was no blood, he was a phantom making his wound look like cloth that got teared off.

[iD: 7116]

Battle Dice: [8] - [2]= [6]  success

Mob Dice: [10] Critical Success; can't be modified

7 - 3 damage mitigation +2 damage 

Crozeph 11/25

Carrion Crow 0/35

Carrion fell on the ground face first, the battle was a close one but Crozeph managed to shake off the fear which Carrion used to him. Crozeph staggered as he walks towards Carrion who lie flat on the ground, his left arm gone and cut clean from their last clash of swords. "Your life will be much more complicated Christoff, I'm telling you" Carrion told him. Crozeph didn't flinched, he was never really that easy to be moved by such words "I've been living a complicated life since my mother died" Crozeph told him. Carrion's body began to slowly shred away "looks like you're already suffering, I guess I have to make myself stronger the next time we meet again" he told Crozeph. Crozeph turned his back, Carrion's words were'nt that useful for him. Crozeph pulled his coat closing it and leaving the waterfalls. Carrion slowly drifted away with his grin remaining and his circle eyes looking at Crozeph "I'll be back Christoff, and the next time we meet I'll destroy you for good" he told him. Crozeph didn't turned his back, he has already won so what's the use of listening to the words of someone who lost "I've got better things to do with my time" he said to himself as he walks away.

Crozeph walked almost aimlessly outside the floor, he felt like himself for a minute there. Never giving a care to anyone unless he receives something back "I just miss her, that's all" he told himself. It wasn't the best attitude he could ever show someone and he chuckled upon remembering the things he has done to everyone around him. He remembered assaulting his father when he brought home a new wife, a little girl, and two twin brother. He was never really the good guy in the first place but somehow he didn't even expect himself to be affable enough and be everyone's friend. A boy who only cared for himself most of the time and what few treasure he had, he would cherish till his death. As Crozeph walked back to the forest he heard animals around, others ran as if they've seen the apex of the floor and others eyeing him scornfully like he's some kind of critter. He didn't care at all, he has defeated his other side who introduced himself as his dark side but in the end it was he himself covered in darkness "how pitiful this darkness can be" he said. The sun lit the path towards the settlement where he would confirm his quest's success and he felt that there was no success to what he did. Carrion was put to slumber but still he felt his own heart trying to tell him something which he forgot. Carrion reminded him of who he was but Carrion was nothing compared to who he really is, after all he created him to be the one whom people will remember. Crozeph looked up, his eyes where almost close to being soulless but as the light of the sun and sky met his eyes and let it glimmer for a second Crozeph remembered who he is now. He smiled, a few months after the death game was announced he acted as a laidback, happy-go-lucky person everyone knew. He could still be that person but it would also make him suffer of caging his true self. Crozeph closed his eyes and began sayin something "Calm I shall keep, temper I must control and..." Crozeph heard Aya's voice finishing the lines she taught him whenever he loses control of himself "...sanity I should cherish" she said. Crozeph smiled and for a moment he saw her smiling back at him "you're not bad at all, some people only see the darkness you have but to me there's always light when there is darkness" she added. Crozeph opned his eyes and saw that he was still in SAO "I told Carrion, I have Aya's words to keep me sane" he said to himself smiling. Crozeph then continued his way to the settlement on floor 6 and finish the quest he took not just for the reward but also to remember who he really was and still is "a crow who's very presence is like its shrill cry" he said.