SP - F8: AMBUSH! Sugar, Spice and everything Not Nice. COMPLETE

Running

Mari was running, fast – and there were several other players hot on her trail. She had her dagger out, breathing ragged as she slashed at the overgrowth in front of her – creating a makeshift path through the thick jungle, she could see a ledge nearing; skidding to a halt she turned a sharp corner. How did this end up happening? More so..why was she even running? She had encountered the trio of players on the second floor, during her usual time where she would place flowers at her daughters resting place – they had picked a fight with her; seeing that she was a PKer. Judging from their equipment they were all low levelled players. Still. They had followed her to the 8th floor.

Mari could hear a rustle, followed by the haggard breathing of another player – she noticed her health go down, ever so slightly as one had attacked her.

-1 HP

It wasn’t even worth the worry. They had clearly invested nothing in their attack strength, nor bothered to get anything above the standard beginner equipment. Mari hit another edge and went to turn, but had found that they had closed in. “Too late killer…” The voice was seething with contempt, hatred. Mari sighed as she took a step forward toward the three players, a step away from the edge. She wasn’t about to be pushed off today.

Mari 50/51 HP

There were three of them. Two guys and a girl, they looked young; still in high school Mari assumed. The one in the middle, who seemed to be their leader, had short brown hair, and chestnut eyes to match. He wore generic beginner clothing; burlap colored shirt and pants with cotton shoes.  He gestured to himself.  â€œI am Cinnamon; and this is Sugar, and Spice.” He gestured to the two girls either side of him.

Sugar; had short blonde hair tied up into high pigtails with blue ribbon and stark green eyes; she wore the same attire as Cinnamon and had an equal look of disgust on her face. Spice; the youngest of the three, or if not the youngest – the shortest had light green eyes and her skin was freckled – she had ginger hair. Long and flowing down her back. She was the only one of the three who appeared to have any sort of equipment. She had a light armor chest plate and clutched tightly to a spear, hands shaking.

Mari 50/51 HP

“So…Are you the spice girls?” Mari asked, tilting her head to the side.

“SHUT UP!”  Cinnamon screamed. – his voice breaking. Yup. He was definitely younger, going through puberty. Mari sighed, having now caught her breath back. She shook her head in disappointment. She had hoped to break the tension between them. They had barely spoken a word when the three first attacked. “Look – I don’t know what you hope to achieve, but I’d really rather not have anyone die today.” Mari said sincerely, raising her hands to show that she had not equipped her weapon. She took a step forward, and Spice took a step back – the other two held their ground. Mari’s brows furrowed as she noted their steadfast stance. Normally, Mari would admire such a thing, but these guys – they were attacking her, shouting insults and death threats at her. Mari had tried to shake them off but they were persistent.

“You don’t get to say such things monster!” Sugar had shouted back in a shrill voice. “You’re a Player Killer! You Killed someone! How could you do such a thing! If we die here, we DIE in real life!”

Mari crossed her arms, at least they were now talking – Mari had asked them why they attacked her out of the blue earlier but got nothing but  cuss words and insults, primarily the overuse of the word ‘monster’ “I know.” It was all Mari had to say, she had been fighting with herself for a long time, and had only recently come to terms with her actions.

“There is NO excuse for that!” Sugar said, clenching her fists and brandishing them at her. Perhaps she was a physical fighter? That was somewhat interesting, it was a shame Mari wouldn’t be able to get a word in, or even have a decent discussion with them. “You’re right. There’s not.” Mari muttered, glancing away from the trio. She damn well knew that. She didn’t need a bunch of kids telling her what she already was aware of.

Mari 50/51 HP

“That’s why we are going to kill you!” Cinnamon shouted. Slapping his chest in some sort of macho display. “We members of the cooking club joined this game to have fun! It’s bad enough we are trapped here, we don’t need people like YOU killing others.”

“Isn’t that..a bit hypocritical of you? You don’t want people to die;  but you’re willing to kill to justify that?” Mari asked, her blue eyes darting back to the kids. Her voice turning cold. Perhaps she could still convince them to run off, if she insisted on injecting the fear of death into them. “That’s just it, you can die. What makes you think you three could fight me and win? If you want to do a half HP duel and let off steam I’m more than-“

“Raaargh!” Cinnamon attacked – clearly having enough of her words, or perhaps Mari’s words had the opposite effect. Rather than push him away, it just egged him on.

Mari 50/51 HP

Cinnamon charged, equipping a two handed sword – “Shut up, shuddup SHUT THE HELL UP!” He screamed at her. Mari didn’t even dodge the strike.

-1 HP

So he was the one who had attacked her back earlier. Cinnamon tried to strike again, but Mari wasn’t going to have any of that, she stepped to the side and that’s when Cinnamon – who wasn’t paying attention to where he was going slipped and fell off the edge. He gave a startled cry. As he started to fall. Mari’s uncaring demanour quickly changed as she turned around, reaching out to try and catch him.

She watched him fall, hand outstretched as he screamed, tears in his scared brown eyes. He didn’t want to die – that was clear, so why? Why attack her? Why be so careless. “Hey! Wait!” Mari shouted as she uselessly tried to catch him. He fell, presumably to his death – there was no lower platform beneath them for him to land on, and even if that were the case – she doubted he had enough HP to survive the fall.

“You PUSHED him!”

Mari 50/51 HP

“What?” Mari couldn’t believe the idiocy of Sugar’s words, did she not see that Cinnamon just foolishly fell to his own death? Spice tried to speak, “I-I-I-Don’t think…she….ah….” Spice started crying, falling to the ground, her cries weren’t silent either. They were loud. She bawled and cried. “He’s De-eeaaaaaadddd….whyyyy why did we dooo thisss? I just wanted to leave her a-a-aloohhnnnneeee…”

“SHUT UP SPICE!” Sugar hissed at her so called’ friend’ As she approached the crying girl, kicking her when she was down. “SHE pushed HIM!”

“Hey!” Mari shouted, finally equipping her weapon. “You’re supposed to be friends, you had your team mate just die in front of you – and you are going to kick her down when she is crying?”

Mari 49/51 HP

Sugar turned to Mari, spitting in her direction.  “You just PUSHED Cinnamon! You KILLED him in cold blood.” Sugar held her fists up toward Mari, continuing her tirade. “So you have NO say in this matter!”

Mari sighed, as she literally face palmed, slapping her face with the palm of her hand. “Please…try to understand.” She murmured. Mari was frustrated and angry. She didn’t have time to deal with the shock of watching a player fall right before her eyes. How could she when she was being attacked – and a seemingly close knit group of friends had turned on each other? “I did not push him…” Mari continued, “you were watching – he missed his mark – I tried…” Mari glanced away. “I tried to catch him….I just….couldn’t….” She turned her cerulean gaze back to the two girls. “If you want to blame me for that, then do so, but you can’t say I pushed him. When you watched him fall.”

Sugar angrily shook her head, blonde pigtails shaking to and fro. “Shut up shut up SHUT UP! I don’t believe you!” She screamed, angry tears in her eyes. “He was OUR FRIEND! He- He-“ She choked, hands shaking. “He was…I-I.-Loved him….”

Mari sighed as she put her dagger away, crossing the gap between them, placing a reassuring hand on Sugar’s shoulder. She wasn’t sure what to say or do – the three had come after her, wanted to kill her- and normally that would be enough to warrant Mari to attack, but they seemed so … so young, so vulnerable. 

“I’m sorry I-Gah!”

Mari’s eyes widened as she watched her health bar go down; this time by more than a sliver.

-3HP

Mari turned around to see Spice. Shivering and crying as she clutched the pole arm in her hands, it’s blade pointed at Mari.

Mari 46/51 HP

Spice seemed to be the strongest of the three - at least physically. Mentally and emotionally she was a mess, and Mari couldn't blame her, they just watched their friend fall. "Hey, look I don't want any trouble here - I'd rather not attack anyone; seeing your damage, you won't last very long in a fight to the death. Again, you want a half HP duel you got it."  Mari said, attempting fruitlessly to diffuse the escalating situation. She held her arms up to show that she meant no harm, and had moved away from the edge, and the other two girls. She on purposefully placed her back against the trunk of a large jungle tree.

"See, no harm."

"Liar!" Hissed Sugar, pushing Spice aside, who landed on the ground with a large thud. Sugar seemed less concerned with Spice and more concerned with her angry tyrade toward Mari. "You KNOW you can't win that's why you are trying to talk us out of it! It's STILL two against one!"

Mari took a deep sigh, it was clear she wasn't going to get anywhere with the two. Mari contemplated taking out her dagger and swiping at one of them to show them that she could pack a heavy punch, but she wasn't sure if it'd kill the players or not. She had no way of telling what their levels were. She just knew that they weren't hitting very hard and had little to no equipment.  

Mari pulled out her Blooming Rose dagger, it was a dark dagger with a steel blade, which had a soft hue to it. If one were to run their fingers along the blade they'd shiver, as it was ice cold to the touch. "My blade does +2 damage - and has frost touch, I strike you with this, and there is a strong chance you'd freeze." She pointed to her chainmail armour, "This armour may look pretty n' pink - but it mitigates 2 damage." Her eyes darted toward the girl who used the spear. "When you struck me, you hit me for 3 - so suffice to say you pack a decent hit at 5 base points. Still, 2 of those are rendered useless." She held up her hands, showing her gauntlets. 
"These gauntlets not only increase my accuracy, but provide me with Life Steal. If I'm lucky, I zap your HP, and heal myself. Now, looking at the two of you, you don't have anything useful equipped. Still think I'm playing?"

Sugar scoffed, narrowing her green eyes as she raised her fists. "Ha! I may not look it, but I'm level  15! I put all my skills into defence so just TRY to hit me b*tch!" She scoffed, Spice had tried to speak up. Pushing herself up off the ground, she was the only one who seemed to have any form of common sense. "B-but youre n-"

"SHUT IT JENNY!" Sugar hissed, using the girls real name. 

Mari could take a shot in the dark, and probably guess right. Sugar was completely full of it. There was no way she'd be at level 15 and deal so little damage, or have absolutely no armour, if they were a group of level 15 players, on average. There was no point in them hanging out around the starter town. Mari sighed, rubbing her temple. "Please - Sugar, Jenny - Let's not be too hasty here k?" Mari asked, but Sugar had none of that she charged forward with her fists raised. Attacking Mari, who didn't even move. Sugar's fists landed on Mari's armour.

-1HP

She punched Mari again.

-1HP

Mari sighed, of course, if this was any sort of duel or fair fight, the girl wouldn't be able to hit her multiple times in a row but Mari was forfeiting her move by standing there and taking no action. She had hoped that Sugar would let off some steam. It wasn't like Mari was in any danger of dying any time soon.

"Are you done yet?" 

Mari 44/51 HP

"H-Hannah....I think we should stop...." Spice said, using Sugar's real name now. Mari guessed formalities and respect went out the window. The two school girls before her were in such turmoil and despair. Mari really didn't want to hurt any of them. They had lost a friend. Granted that friend had died attempting to kill her...but still... to have someone so close and so dear to you disappear right before your very eyes?

Mari shoved Sugar aside, with a rather hard push. The blonde girl fell back, landing hard on her Cossack. "Ow! What the hell was that for?" She asked, as though she had done nothing wrong, despite attempting to beat Mari into submission moments before. Mari slowly shook her head, placing a hand over her heart. Her chest ached. She wanted to sympathise with these two girls, but she was afraid. She was afraid she wouldn't get anywhere with them. She was afraid that if they were left alone they'd keep hunting her down. If not her, would they hunt other PKers down?

Mari had to doubt that others would be as kind or patient as herself, if they had ran into Daeron would he have struck them down and laughed it off? Or Zelrius?

Mari rose her head, tears stinging the corners of her eyes as she raised her tone, voice breaking. "PLeaSe!! Just....JUSt...stop....just stop....hasn't there been enough death for one day?"

"Hahahaha! You'd like that wouldn't you!?" Sugar sneered, pushing herself back up off the ground. Her hair was dishevelled. No longer did her hair sit neatly atop her head in two cute puffy pigtails, one had unravelled, and the other was dirtied. Riddled with mud, leaves and debris from the forest floor. Sugar looked almost maddening, emerald eyes wide - she cackled again. "You'd like for us to go on our merry little way!" She said as she walked up to her friend, "Then...when we least expect it...POW!" She bought her hand up and punched Spice, who fell to the floor, her HP dipping. 

Spice gave a surprised cry, and shielded her face, new tears streaming, "Why? Why! Don't HIT me!"

Mari pushed herself off the tree, standing between the two; she was furious. She held fast onto her dagger. Fist shaking as she this time, gently pushed Sugar back and away from her friend who was down on the floor. "What the HELL is your problem?" Mari hissed, "That girl is your friend and you can DIE in this game! Do you have ANY IDEA what it feels like to loose a loved one? DO YOU?" Mari dropped her dagger and grabbed hold of Sugar's collar. Blue eyes wide. Racked with guilt, pain and anger. "Do you KNOW what it feels like to KILL someone you LOVE? Even if it was an ACCIDENT?" Mari shouted, spit flying into Sugar's face. She was livid, the brats didn't know what they were doing.

And she was crying, their actions, and their carelessness were bringing up memories and emotions that Mari thought she had forgotten.

Mari 44/51 HP
Sugar Lv 3:  9/9 HP
Spice Lv 4: 10/11 HP

Sugar choked, tiny hands clutching at Mari as she tried to pry the stronger womans hands off of her. Mari let sugar go. Sugar stumbled but regained her composure, without hesitation she tried to punch Mari but Mari dodged the attack. The attack landed on Spice. Who cried out in shock.

"S-Sugar! Stop! STOP! ITS ME!"

Sugar told Spice to shut up, and if she continued she would go ahead and kill Spice herself. This sent the ginger haired girl into a fit of tears. Mari grabbed Sugar by her shoulder. Pulling her back away from her friend. "Are you saying you plan to kill your last friend within this horrid world?" Mari asked. Sugar laughed in Mari's face, "She's my friend! I can do what I want with her!"

Mari 44/51 HP

Spice Lv 4: 9/11 HP

"Is that so? Is a human life so meaningless to you?" 

There was something different about Mari's words, her tone and her persona in that instant. It was as though all the white noise in her head had dissipated; her eyes were dark. Bloodshot and puffy from her tear fuelled outbursts. Her words were cold and threatening. The tone even made the two girls stiffen. As though they were only just now realizing that going after a PKer was wrong. 

Sugar bought her fists up in front of her, ready to fight Mari. "W-we can still take you!" The blonde turned to face Spice, "Get the hell u-" Her eyes widened as she choked on her words. Her HP bar quickly depleting to zero.

Battle Dice: 6+3=9 SUCCESS!
Perma Roller ID #5172

Mari 44/51 HP

Spice Lv 4: 0/11 HP

Sugar's eyes widened as her face slowly turned back to Mari. Mari thrust the blade in deeper; lifting Sugar off the ground with it deep in her chest. Mari stared at the girls wild, fearful green hues with dark, listless blue oceans of her own. "This is the death you so easily wish on others."

Mari pulled the blade out and watched her fall to the floor. her HP now at 0. "This is the death you so readily thrust upon yourself."
Her words were cold, Mari was done trying to reason with the two. Spice had run to her friends side, shaking Sugar. "This is the death you so easily threatened your friend with."

Mari 44/51 HP

Sugar Lv 3:  0/9 HP   DEAD

"Hannnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

The scream was loud and shrill, as the ginger haired girl ran to her friend. Sugar - the overzealous child. A girl who was probably just alone and scared, someone who had tried to kill Mari, who had threatened to kill her supposed friend. Were those words just a mask? Did Mari truly have to do anything at all? Or would they have eventually left her alone to mourn the death of Cinnamon? 

"WHy? WHY DID YOU DO IT?" Spice screamed at Mari as she hugged Sugar close to her. "SHE WAS JUST SCARED! SCARED OF MONSTERS LIKE YOU!" Mari didn't say anything, how could she? She just killed....again....maybe there was something wrong with her. Sugar burst into shards of pixels, and Spice screamed again, hands clutching the sides of her skull.

Mari 44/51 HP

Sugar Lv 3:  0/9 HP   DEAD

"I don't want to be here....not without her...not without him....I can't...I can't..please...please..."

Spice had completely lost it, she was practically ripping out her ginger hair, "PLease..please..." Her words were  choked between sobs, she stared at the ground where Sugar disappeared, repeating over and over again. "PleAse....PlEAsE....please...please...please..."

Mari didn't know what to be more worried about, the fact that she had just killed again, the way she wasn't hurting with sympathetic pain for the girl, or the small urge to simply reach forward and embrace the girl. To comfort her and to wipe away her tears, but such an action...it was too far away for Mari. Mari wondered if she should bother saying anything at all. Not knowing what to do Mari simply stayed silent. Cerulean eyes looking upon a mourning highschooler; who had just lost the two people she held closest to her. The last remaining threads of her sanity.

Mari 44/51 HP

Spice looked up at Mari, "Please...please just kill me."

Mari's eyes widened as she realized what the girl was saying. Spice had shuffled forward on her hands and knees. "PLease...please just kill me too..I don't....I don't want to live here any more...not without them."

Mari felt conflicted, and her words were stuttered as she took a step back, trying to shake the girl off of her leg. "I..I can't..."

"WHY NOT!" SPice shouted. "You killed Spice! C...C...Cinnamon fell! I don't...I can't! PLEASE!" Sugar began grossly sobbing, clutching onto Mari's leg. Mari rose her dagger above Spice's head, wondering if she could do such a thing. She had once before...performed what others called a mercy killing...but could she? Could she do it again so easily?

Mari wavered. "I...you have people on the outside...look...if I can help you in some way...maybe we could-"

"If you DONT You REALLY ARE AN EMOTIONLESS MONSTER!"

Mari 44/51 HP