PP-F3: Cerulean Silence Guild Meeting #3

The air was different this time. The previous Cerulean Silence guild meeting had been accommodating; amidst a flat mountaintop with pillows, drinks and food for her guild members to snack upon. This time, there was none of that. Not after last time, where a number of her members became intoxicated. Distracted. She did warn them this would occur. Mari sat on a rock, there were other rocks dotted around in a haphazard circle, amidst the field of dandelions. Just a short 10 minute stroll from the main town. The sun was high above her, it was around noon. The meeting was set to start soon.

Mari wasn’t sure who would show up, if anyone for that matter. She had said some pretty angry things to Kosan  in the field earlier. Now, there was a chance he wouldn’t turn up. She sighed as she looked at the meeting minutes she had written up. He was due for a promotion. Was going to become the leader of the Passive Sect. It would depend on his appearance. If he didn’t show up, Mari would have to assume that he took her angered words to heart.

Mari ran a hand over her forehead and through her pink hair with a sigh. Today was going to be a long one, and it seemed - with that ping. That notification. Kosan was out of the guild. 

"Should have expected that..."

Mari muttered as she crossed his name off the list, and started to rework the guild meeting agenda.

"A meeting eh?" Asen mumbled to himself as he read a notification about a meeting of the guild that he was a part in. Of course he hasn't associated much with the members let alone the Guild Leader, it almost felt like the time of an entire year on being alone. However, he couldn't pass up the fact that he couldn't take on the Floor Bosses by himself as it was pretty much considered suicide. Plus this seemed to be the only guild that'll accept people like Asen himself. Of course its not like he can't take care of himself, its basically because he pretty much wants to not be in solitude anymore.

So he dismissed the notification as he stretched his arms and legs to wake his sleeping muscles up. He was laying against a rather small rugged boulder in the midst of the fields. "Might as well, beings I don't have anything important to do." With that being said to himself he gets up to his feet and begins to make his way towards the rendezvous point. It took about half an hour before he came into view of the meeting. At first all he saw was just rocks dotting the land until he got closer to see that there was already somebody there. The first thing he saw was the orange cursor, of course naturally he would've entered stealth mode to avoid these type of people. However this was the spot he was supposed to go so he pretty much clinged to hope that this player is part of the guild as he continued to walk towards her now. "Kind of a nice day to be looking stressed like that." He spoke up as he had his hands in his pocket though he does seem rather casual and more relaxed.

As the sun was high, and the heat was hot, the same black cloaked man appeared before his guild leader, Ren took a seat as he looked at Mari. "Got the notification about a meeting, I'm here, ma'am." He said to Mari as his New York accent came out, his coat he wore the first time, now covered by a plate of heavy armor, a chest plate with shoulder pads, and a waist guards. A new sword replaced his old one, and his aura was still his usual relaxed and calm one, "So I am the second to appear." "Ello there, the names Ren, don't bother with my avatar name, got it memorized?" He said tapping his temple as he looked at the other member here with him, Ren's red hair flashing in the sun, as his armor was shiny as well, more along the lines of silver, as he leaned forward.

"So ma'am, what is our agenda?" He asked her, wondering if she was stressed from something about the guild or a member, what ever it was, he had no reason to ask her unless he needed to, all he needed to do was be here as a member and nothing more unless he needed to. As his blue green eyes gazed at the pink haired woman in front of him, his black tattoos under his eyes darker as a cloud rolled over and his hair darkened as well. All he now needed was to listen and speak when he needed.

Manta got the notification of the guild meeting and immediately set out for the third floor. She hadnt been doing anything, she had just been sitting at home waiting for Sousuke. He was in the same guild as her though so he would likely be at the meeting too. She wondered what it was about though. Granted they hadnt gotten many materials on the last material gathering thing but that was likely just a one time thing. Was Mari going to kick her out of the guild for only finding one mat? She started to think about all of the horrible possibilities. She reached the meeting place a couple of minutes later, freaking out because she was convinced that Mari was going to be kicking her out. "Please dont kick me from the guild Mari!" She called out loudly to Mari.

Mari turned to Asen, the stark white haired Pker. He was a fairly recent addition to her guild and she wasn't sure how he would act or perform. He was casual with his approach. Perhaps he was so easy going with her Pker status as he had one of his own. Mari offered him a wry smile. "The pressures of societies standards and expectations, and the running of a guild can ebb at even the strongest of wills." She said in reply. Mari sighed, running a hand through her hair.

"We've lost our best blacksmith to another guild, but perhaps it was for the best. I have been meaning to discuss the guild with my members, but that's why I called you all here eh?" 

Grougularaham was next to arrive, his red hair dancing softly in the wind - he was adorned in a dark coat and did not hesitate to take a seat in the haphazard circle of rocks that surrounded Mari. He introduced himself to Asen - before asking what the agenda was. Mari wasn't going to repeat herself. "I will start when the remaining members arrive. No use in repeating myself."

Manta was next to join, a member Mari was admittedly hesitant to keep on. She seemed rash, and untrained. She didn't seem to think before acting - or even speaking. Granted Mari had some of those mannerisms but she held a level of respect for others. Mari winced as Manta called out ot her, begging to not be kicked form the guild, "I'm not kicking anyone out at this moment. But I can give you a tip; calling out loudly like that - ain't a good start. I want to steer Cerulean Silence into a new direction. I will discuss it when others get here." 

"True on that." Asen admits as he has his fair share of constantly being hunted down, and there were times where he wished he could have a break from them at least. At least that was his method of his stressful situations which is probably nothing compared to what Mari has on her plate. Nonetheless he takes a seat on one of the rocks near Mari as he simply leans back and lays on the rock while looking up at the sky. He went ahead and switched his <<Hiding>> skill on so that his presence can't be traced. Last thing anybody needs is a bunch of Player Killers crashing the party all because they're trying to get the bounty on his head. He just stared up at the sky, watching the clouds slowly drift by as he certainly seemed relaxed and casual. Of course, that's his usual expression of late. After all he's been through one could wonder why he don't shield himself from others, yet he's not all that dangerous or at least doesn't give off the vibe that he is anyways. "I'm sorry that you lost a good blacksmith, but hopefully someone of similar talents could come along as well."

Then when the guy with the red hair shows up, though Asen doesn't really look but relies on his hearing that for one the voice sounded male and two that male voice was getting closer. When he felt he was being directed to by this Ren he simply waved at the man as his way of saying his greetings. He would introduce himself to Ren, but Asen was still having the habit on keeping his presence as unknown as possible. So he decided to wait for more people to show up since it would take less time to introduce himself to the guild. Though Asen can remember when he was in a guild, Knights of Christ. That was an old guild now that he used to be part of and participated in the frontlines to the Fourth Floor and help defeated the Floor Boss on Floor 4. Of course he painfully remembers how much of a pain that dragon was when Shark and he faced the creature.

His mind came back from the past when he heard another voice coming in their direction, this time it sounded more of a female. A loud one at that as he pretty much cupped his left ear with his hand since he doesn't really take loud noises all that well to begin with. Regardless he let's out a sigh as he sits up on the rock still rubbing the back of his stiff neck as his silvery white hair gently blows with the wind. "I suppose I should introduce myself as well, the name is Asen." Asen introduced himself mainly back towards Ren but also to the girl that had just arrived before laying back down. He didn't add the fact that he was a Player Killer nor should he since his cursor gives it away as clear as a beacon of light in complete darkness. He wouldn't be surprised if some members would happen to have swords at his throat, though he would hope that such unpleasant situation doesn't rise since he really isn't the mood for a confrontation like that yet.

Ren sighed as the woman talking to Mari was quite rash, he spoke, "If you were going to get kicked, you wouldn't have gotten the call to be here miss." He said as he looked at the man who spoke, calling himself Asen, and Mari speaking to the young lady as well as the rustle of the wind. Ren gave a sigh as he nodded to Mari speaking to him, "Yes ma'am, I understand." He said to her, as with that, Ren pulled out a book to ready, hoping to pass the time away, for if no other members showed up, this was going to be a short meeting, Ren spoke once more, "So ma'am if you need a blacksmith, I can gladly take up the profession to do so." "Or I can go out and recruit a person who is one to our guild, as I can try other professions... wait do we have a chief in the ranks?"

He said as he looked up from his book and gazed at the pinkette, his blue green orbs dancing in the sunlight, "I mean... there are plenty of Blacksmiths around, but rarely any Chiefs, ohhh Spicy Tuna Rolls sounds good right now." Ren said with a grin, as he leaned back and looked at the sky, not sure whether to pick the Blacksmithing or the Cooking profession now, either one would be good to aid the guild in this time of need. As the tail of his coat fluttered below his feet, and his armor gleamed in the sunlight, his sword clanking as he shifted his position, as his hair also danced in the breeze of the cool air.

(People who do not reply to this thread will be booted from the guild: Manta you are in danger of being booted as I cannot, and do not want to wait on Rpers. Cereulean Silence will only have active guild members)

Mari was beyond disappointed with the turnout. Three. Three damn people showed up and one of them was already getting on Mari's nerves. Mari watched as Asen seemed to conceal himself. Mari saw little point in it, rather - it was pretty stupid to do such a thing in her guild meeting, and being one that speaks her mind. Mari said as such. "Don't be an idiot. You're here for a meeting." 

She shrugged at his comment about loosing one of her best, if not the best blacksmith she had within the guild. "His loss. He won't be welcome back." And it was true, Mari did not have the time nor patience for someone like Kosan in her guild. Ren spoke next, stating the obvious - reassuring Manta - where Mari had not. Stating that if Mari wanted her out, she wouldn't be in the guild meeting in the first place. What Mari found odd, was that Fallen had yet to arrive. Nor had she heard from him since their adventure out collecting Materials. Had she scared him off?

"If you want a profession I'd suggest an Alchemist." Mari said casually. "I don't see many of them around lately, and they'd be quite profitable. Naturally. The decision lies with you." Mari turned her gaze to Asen. "You're a blacksmith right? I'll give you mats, and you craft stuff for the guild? Not that there is much of one left at the moment."

"I know that i'm in a meeting, but at times like these I would have to be careful." He speaks from experience as one time before he was in a meeting and they were ambushed by a bunch of Player Killers. All because they were after his head, which was rather dumb in his mind since even with twenty five of them they were way to weak to hope for a chance to hurt him much. However he doesn't want to press his luck this time so he activated his stealth mode not to hide from the guild but to hide from his pursuers. Plus if anything he doesn't want to involve everyone in the guild that he's in with his own problems when he can sort it out himself someday.

Then Mari pointed out the fact that he was a Blacksmith and he nods to confirm it. When she asked if he could contribute his crafts to the Guild in exchange they'll be able to present him the Mats that he needs. Of course he has one Mat currently, but he was planning on getting more as well. He thought about it since he was planning on picking up his Blacksmithing again as he finally nods in agreement. "I don't see why not. Though i'll be setting up a shop shortly based on my profession so I could contribute both the crafts and the Col that I earn by selling it or craft a personal weapon. Not that Col really matters to me, so the Guild can get the full 100% of it if you want to. As for the crafts I don't see a problem with it." He went ahead and explained what he was planning on doing. As well as already setting up the contribution order. One could also say that his shop that he'll be opening up would be the Cerulean Silence's territory.

With Mari telling him about Alchemist being one the guildcould use, he sat up, "Well ma'am, to be honest, I was hoping to be sometime useful to the guild, and if you suggested a Alchemist then I will pick it." He said and then leaned back, "I did some thinking abuot it to, blacksmiths are people that make weapons and armor, but once a player has all their gear then the Blacksmith has nothing else." "Same goes for Tailors and Artisans, but Cooks, Performer, and Alchemist, they have a unlimited supply of things players can buy." "Making them an ideal profession for getting Col, as players are always buing their products due to the one time use effect the items they use." He said that and looked at his Guild Leader, "So with that fact stated I think and Alchemist, Cook or Performer would be good, but if I remember Ma'am, you are a performer."

He said as his blue green eyes gazed at her then shifted to Asen, "Asen... I know your hiding because of e rumor I heard about you having a large bounty from the dark guilds, we are safe out here, our guild leader isn't one to let any of her possible resourcful members be killed, you can calm down pal." He said to him, and returned to his view of the clouds, "I also think that we need some beas tamers in the guild, ones that can help in battle like support, I think I could o and get mine." Ren said as he closed his yes slightly and then rolled onto his stomach and yawned, "So ma'am if nothing else, afer this meeting, if I may, may we go out and try to learn abou one another, I think since I am in a guild with others, I shuld try to learn about my fellow members, and perhaps gain my prfession or my familiar in the process?" He asked her, his blue green eyes being covered by his vivid red hair, that now of all times drooped over them.

(Manta you are now out of the guild I've waited twice now for you to post. To no avail. I am going to have this reach 21 posts and end it. As it stands it looks like you two and Jubei will be the only members in the guild.)

Mari turned to Asen, "You shouldn't worry though. You seem to be a decent level, and with you and myself - I very much doubt that anyone would come and attack, any time soon. Even if they did, En Masse - I'd see them fall back and run, tails between their little legs."  

Mari shrugged, dropping the matter. There was little to no point berating him.She'd rather keep the few useful members of the guild, in the guild, and Asen seemed to be one of them. Asen stated that he didn't care about Col. That it would all go to the guild. "That's useful." Mari mused. "I am not sure if we will get Guild Headquarters any time soon. But if we do - it will be very useful, as I'm sure any housing or buildings would cost a small fortune. When you need Materials let me know. The Guild bank has a small amount. I have a few myself too."

Mari had to agree with what the red-haired player with the ridiculous name had to say. He was right really, there was only so much demand for blacksmiths and tailors. She gave a small scoff at his comment on Performers. "My Shop doesn't make any money. At all. No one ever goes in it." She bought up her HUD. "Hell Even I can't go in it. It's in the middle of a damn town, but the NPC who runs it hasn't contacted me." 

It was at this stage, Ren started going on about Beast Tamers - then quickly shifted to yet another topic. One Mari was not impressed with. Getting to know his fellow Guild Members. "You'll learn quick smart I won't open up to anyone, really." Mari commented on that, dismissing his request to get to know her better.

"Well I know that but there's really no end to stupidity either. Granted most just run away after threatening them once or twice but sometimes they get bold. But anyways..." He was willing to drop that subject as he was more interested on what they were discussing. Though to be honest he was a little disappointed on how little this guild suddenly got as almost like in no time the numbers were reduced to bare minimum. It's more like a trio now, and since he was actually just more interested in this group.

"There's no denying that, as there is pretty much always a competition between the Blacksmiths and Tailors. Alchemy would be the better profession since potions and such are a one time use so they'll be coming back to buy your potions and crystals. But that's just my opinion." Asen points out trying to give insight on the professions since he himself is a blacksmith and he's not all that great at the moment. He kind of cocked a brow at Mari when she said that she doesn't open up to anyone. Though he's the same way since he developed a stone wall around his emotions and doesn't necessarily trust anyone. However if he was going to be part of this guild he'll have to trust these two.

Mari crossed her arms, giving a small nod.  Asen was right. She had experienced it herself, there was that group of kids who chased her from the second floor all the way up to the 8th - till one fell to his death and the other two died by Mari's blade. Mari sighed, reminiscing - she pulled out her dagger and twirled it around in her hands. Half listening as Asen went on to discuss the competition between Blacksmiths and Tailors. Mari honestly wanted to change her profession, but at this stage knew there was no way in doing so. At least, she had her violin. Well...her sphere of symphony at least.

"A wise opinion." Mari stated, turning her blue eyes to look up at Asen. "Asen, here.." Mari opened up her HUD, setting up a trade to Asen.

Mari -5 Materials
Asen +5 Materials

"It's not much, but it's better than nothing." Mari added. "As guild leader I need to look after my members.

Ren just sighed as he turned over, "Whatever you say ma'am." He said wit a mumble in his tone, and rested on his arm, "So if no one else joins us, am I free to leave as this seems pointless if we are the only three here." He said as he turned back over and gazed at her, his blue green eyes duller with color as he was clearly bored with the situation at hand, and from his perspective this was a waste of time. What was the point of a meeting if just three members in total showed up, to him this was almost becoming a waste of his own time, he gave a yawn and then rolled back onto his back and stared at the sky.

-Sorry for shortness, not much I can say here.-

Mari gave a small scoff, "If you leave now - you can consider yourself cut from the guild." She gave a dismissal wave toward Grougaloragran. "If you really feel its pointless, even with three members then by all means go." She said, her tone curt. The red headed kids words pissed her off. He showed impatience and insolence, and a clear disregard for current company. 

"I don't need impatient impudent members. So by all means go."

Mari cleared her throat, turning her attention back toward the group in general. "Now, that has been dealt with." Mari sighed. "I'm shifting the guild in a new direction. From here on out, I want a small unit- focused on strength. I stand by my previous statement, we are only as strong as our weakest link. In this case our weakest member. A large guild isn't powerful. Numbers most certainly are not everything."

(Sorry for the lateness, life is catching up on me)

"Thank you Mari, and I do agree with that type of motive to be driven by. At least you have something to keep you going with a goal in mind." Asen complimented though he was just pointing out facts as he accepted the trade. He wasn't the best blacksmith as of yet, but that doesn't mean he's not willing to try either. For he will definitely give it his best shot at it, though the red haired guy was right about one thing is that since there really wasn't any durability around here there's pretty much only a limited number of times that people come back to buy stuff unless they're just really good friends. Asen just might be tempted to maybe switch professions, but as of right now his presence is being called to the forge.

He listened to what Mari said about the new objective for the Cerulean Silence and he was liking it as he first intended to join this guild as a source of frontline material or better to do stealth operations since his Hiding is actually about average right now and very few players that he's seen invests their time in the Search and Detection skill. Could be used as a scout of sorts to find out what's up ahead or just sneak around to a device of some kind. Sure he's not much of a hitter, but he makes up for it in other areas at least. "I have no objections here, though I wouldn't be so hard on Ren here. There are bound to be times when some players in the guild would feel impatient about something since that can't really be helped. Besides..." He used his upper arms while placing his hands on the rock underneath him that he was laying while in an attempt to leap in order to flip his body backwards since the front of him just drops off to the ground as he plants his feet on the rock while in a crouching position. "If we're going to take on bosses such as the Monthly ones or even the Floor Bosses we're going to need a few more members, strong ones preferably to reduce the casualties. Of course Ren is always growing and leveling so he'll be up in our alley soon. Though I think it would be best to maybe get two more of decent levels to carry out these objectives that you declared. Do keep in mind however that this is only a suggestion, so its really up to you Mari if you wish to take up to it or not though I have a feeling you were already thinking of that." Asen was just stating his concerns and also his thoughts on the matter onto her ideas to help it become a reality. Naturally his presence is still hidden from viewers from far distance, and his tone was still rather casual as he was thinking strategic scenarios of upcoming events that could or may not happen. Some might call it a survivor's sense, which is quite natural to Asen since the environment he's endured for the past year now.

Ren looked over his shoulder as he had his back now turned to them both, "Boss raid, pff, not my concern, I don't plan on doing those, I got nothing much back home to return to." "Better off staying here in this blasted game world." He said to the boy that spoke, as Ren mood suddenly changed, and not for the best, as his wild mood swing just kicked in, he clearly was stating he cared little about the floors. Or rather clearing them, Ren was usually able to keep them under control, but he was now not in a good mood at all, and usually he just ignored all things around him, and or left the area. Once he went like this, it was rather difficult to get him back to his normal self, then he turned his body and looked at Mari, "I'm nothing more than a material gatherer, I have no use to fight, nor am I any good at it." He said to her, telling her how he saw himself, and then he turned back over, "Just keep me out of the fray, and I won't be a burden." He said to them both as now he was trying to relax, his neck and body were hurting and he could only feel the bone in his neck ready to pop.

• 2 weeks later...

Ren's attitude was pissing Mari off - but she had to bite her tongue to stop her from saying anything negative, rather - she had to admit to herself that she admired that he was being truthful on the matter, not everyone would want to go fight a boss. "That's fine Ren. After this meeting, I'll need you to go hunting for materials then." Mari opened up her HUD and with a few quick gestures deleted everyone from the guild barring the three of them. 

"There. Now Cerulean Silence has 3 members. The others, are gone. I have no need for people who waste my time, nor the time of others." 

Mari stood up, it was clear their meeting was coming to a close, still she would allow the others to speak, if any of them needed anything or wanted to contribute something to the conversation. "Meanwhile, I'll need to do preparations for boss floors. Asen, you are a blacksmith, do you mind crafting us gear? I'll pay you with the required materials out of my own pocket if need be. Whilst I do agree that 3 members isn't exactly anything to be proud of, I am in no means - concerned by the lack of members. Cerulean Silence had its time, where it was the leading guild for a few short months, but you know what they say, those who burn brightest, burn quickest. I'd rather have a strong foundation."

Asen nods in agreement towards Mari when she asked if he could craft some gear. "I'll do my best, and will probably go on Material Hunts myself occasionally. However I do have to admit that I haven't practiced my blacksmithing in a long time so i'm not sure if i'm going to be able to pull off an incredibly rare item right off the bat just yet." He informed her as he's still considered to be a Beginner Blacksmith since he never went back to his blacksmithing career after he turned orange. However that wasn't going to stop him from trying to pull his weight around. "Though in case of Boss related battles, i'm not saying that no one is suitable, but my strongest aspect around here would be fighting stuff especially Floor Bosses."

Ren looked over at them both, "Fine by me." He said to her, getting up and standing, his red hair flowing, and his eyes once holding a vivid blue green, but now dull and depressed, as he looked up. "What materials are you looking for, I'm not going out into the field without knowing what to get." "I don't like just running around without a defined goal." He said to her, as he was more concerned with the kind of mats rather than the job at hand. He wasn't going to just diddle daddle around, and not be sure in what he was looking for, finding the mats and where he could get them was the key info he cared for. "And one last thing Ma'am." "How many, and what floor can I find the materials on?"  He said, being blunt as ever, wanting to get this day over with, and start another one, his black coat under his shiny armor fluttered as the wind picked up, along with his hair.