[PP-F4] Saving Valentine

It was the flurry of the storm coming through key locations of the fourth floor. Snow had crept its way onto rooftops and began stacking up on the ground forming crystalized layers that shimmered under the sunlight. Clouds swarmed the skies to cover up the blue that was showing above every now and then. For a rather nice looking day, the weather spoke differently, especially for Sir Five.

The time had struck noon and he began to worry, unable to find the one he loved. The one whom he wanted to spend the Day of Love with. Beginning to think that she may be missing, he had left his cottage to go into the main city of the fourth floor, Snowfrost Town. "Help! Help!" he cried out, in desperate need of someone to come to his aid. "Please! Somebody  help me!" he cried once more as he was now on his knees begging random players to come to his aid. At this point he was willing to give up the cry for help and admit to himself that he had lost the lover of his dreams.

Sighing and sitting, Sir Five was now crying. Sir Five's brown hair and green eyes were covered with crystals and glittering features due to the snow. His tears burned through the snow until it sunk deep enough to freeze as a pearl of ice.

Mari was outside of the fourth city, she had retreated straight to the forth floor after the death of Alkor. At least here, she could attribute the cold, numb feeling to the snow. The way her hands shook - the way her breathing was ragged. It could all be blamed on the cold. And not a soul would dare disturb her or question otherwise. Her eyes were bloodshot and red. She was angry. She was angry at every single person during that battle. Selfish, horrible bastards. She had done the right thing, she had healed those who needed it in her squad - but the others? What the f**k was their problem. Daeron complained when Rue died - yet Alkor was standing right there. Right there in his own damn formation, and Daeron did nothing. Nothing! Mari knew Daeron hated Alkor, but would his hatred go as far as to have the man needlessly die?

Mari wiped fresh tears away from her face with the back of her sleeve, she wasn't sure what to do now. Before...before...she hadn't seen him often, but when she did, it was like a breath of fresh air, with simple words - a gentle touch - hell, just the smell of lingering ash and charcoal from him was enough to set her jumbled mind at ease. He was the first thing, and the first time she was able to truly feel something other than bitterness. She let someone in close and this is what happened.

A shout, from within the town distracted her, it sounded feeble, jarred and urgent, the words 'Help! Help!' echoed, as a man stumbled out of the town. Falling into the snow, crying. Was he an NPC? Or an actual player in need?

"Please help me!" he continued to shout as his feet trembled beneath him with each step he took. It wasn't until he made it near the outskirts that he began stumbling and falling over his own feet until he fell outside of the walls. A player standing there with pink hair and pink eyes, the Cardinal System registered "Mari" as a player killer. Triggering the event that was coded into this NPC, he crawled to her.

"Please, can you help me find my lover?" he cried with tears still streaming down his face. "She is my everything, my world, my life. Without her, I won't make it." he said as he began to stand up, clearing off the snow that was on his body from when he had fallen. The game had put fine detail into these things, snow that sticks, and how some of the snow actually melts into the clothing causing it to become slightly wet and moist from the water that had formed from the melting.

tNPC, it had to be an NPC, no other person would willingly crawl up to her like that. Even someone as distraught as he seemed to be over his lost lover. Mari bit her lip, a brief look of heartbreak crossed her features, this - this was cruel. This was a sick joke, too soon. It was too soon to be participating in something like this. "You won't make it?" Mari scoffed. Kicking him off of her as he tried to clamber up her legs in distress. "What a load of sh*t." she muttered. "You've lost her? Maybe she doesn't want to be near you? Maybe she left you because you're being an overemotional, clingy wreck. Maybe she died." Mari added.

"What do I get if I retrieve this lover of yours?"