[SP-F10] Economics for Crows <<Earning a Living>> [Complete]

After a few minutes of walking, Crozeph stopped at yet another plant that seems to live without sunlight. Crozeph looked at it and tried searching for a few fruit if it bears any and managed to find some, rotten fruits. Crozeph picked one and took a bite and then spat it out quickly "damn that was bitter than loners on valentines day" he said as he sticks out his tongue and dropped the fruit on the ground "there's no way that's edible" he said "even if we put gallons of spices it won't help" he said before walking away from the plant "I guess I'll just stick on finding ingots" he mumbled.

• [iD: 11730] LD: [2] no loot

Crozeph sat down on the ground after his last attempt left a bitter taste in his mouth and his pride. Yomi was already a few miles away from him. How long was he walking? what would he say to the old man as he failed to get a few materials? Crozeph scratched his head and closed his eyes, still sitting down on the ground. The place was cooler than the previous floor, it seemed nice for a moment "looks like you took the material gathering seriously" a familiar voice was heard. Crozeph opened his eyes only to be surprised. The old man appeared, wearing a black cloak almost as same as Crozeph "you can go back if you want to" he told Crozeph who was still dismayed by how his mat gathering turned out. "I've got to tell you something" he told the boy "a simple thing involving this kind of profession" he added.

Crozeph turned his head to the old man, his eyes calm as it always is. "I don't really have anything to teach you" he told Crozeph who was almost surprised. "You can learn everything along the way, I don't really think you'll be stupid enough on this" he added. Crozeph just smiled "you really like messing around with young people" he told the old man who replied with a laugh "because you lot seemed to adapt well on this kind of environment that you forgot how old you really are" he told Crozeph. The old man handed him a key "this is the key to the shop, it's yours now so run it well for me" he said. Crozeph stared at the key for a moment "so it's my shop now" he said.

The old man stood up and patted Crozeph on the head "you may not like how the shop looks but it's yours now, you're free to change it anyway you want" he told Crozeph who stood up after the old man "nahh I like it the way it is, it just need a few arrangements" he said. The old man gave a hearty laugh at Crozeph "you remind me of my younger days, it would surprise me if you were my grandson in real life" he said "nope, I'd be injured always if you are my grandpa" Crozeph replied. The two began to laugh and then after a few seconds they shook their hands "I'm sure you know how I want some things to run in the shop" the old man said "make deals favorable to both sides" Crozeph replied with pride, it was the only thing he learned and it is what will give him an edge in this profession. The old man gave a last wave of his hands before stepping to the teleporter, who knows when they'll meet again but for now he's only happy about one thing "he gave me the shop, time to get to business" he said before walking back to the rundown shop.

Crozeph entered the shop, it seemed old but it was still sturdy...maybe. Looking at both sides, Crozeph inspected a few things that needs to be fixed and only saw a few things to do and the best part was yet to come. Crozeph took off his coat and lied down on the floor, the table in the center and the counter behind him. This is his shop now and he's wondering how he'll run it with just holding on to "favorable at both sides" ideal but it was a start. Crozeph closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep and when he wakes up later, he's going to start fixing and running his shop.