[F10-R7] Alchemic Contagion -PK Accessibe

ID:11675    Craft: 9

10 Materials Left

Mari grabbed another crystal base, working quickly. She had one more craft to finish up, and wanted to do so, so she could get back to Kiru. Mari quickly tossed a clear crystal into the fray. This was becoming common practise for her now, and she was able to add the other ingredients without the need to carefully measure them out, with a red poof the crystal was already complete. Mari gave a nod, satisfied with her product. Another healing crystal.

Name: Recovery Crystal I

Effect: HP Recovery Crystal  Heals 5 HP instantly! This does not require a post action
Description: This Crystal glows a soft red and feels tingly and warm to the touch, when you use it you feel as though you just stuck your hands next to a warm, roaring fire. Mmmm toasty!

Mari turned back around to face Kiru, brushing any remnants of dust away from her face with a damp cloth. "Ok. So, what can I do for you Kiru? I hear Azure Brigade are not participating in the boss battle?" Mari tilted her head, rapping her fingers on the counter. Her question wasn't meant to be a mean one, she was just curious. "So I assume you aren't exactly looking for healing items for that. You're one of Aincrad's strongest - so I don't see you using them on yourself. Are you looking for anything else in particular?" Mari gave a coy grin. "I can make you something, a poison, a truth serum, something to send your enemies nightmares, induce insomnia...name it, and I can do it."

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I nearly knocked something over when I heard my name. Instantly I turned around as I held my breath in with wide eyes. "Mari." I breathed with relief, but also fright. The pink bobbed hair was obviously Mari but her eyes seemed different, they were a glowing green. They cut through the dark and nearly illuminated the tent by themselves. I settled a stare and managed to keep it normal, I didn't remember our current relationship. Were we friends? Enemies? I couldn't remember. Knowing that, I forced a small smile and tilted my head. "So, what do you have for me? Anything that you recommend?" 

Mari gave Kiru a coy grin, it was amusing, seeing how adamant she was about showing her strength - and how others feared her, but when push came to shove. Kiru was a skittish girl, who seemed to wear her emotions on her sleeve. "What do I reccomend mmm..." Mari stood from her seated position, moving out from behind the counter. Mari pointed to the right hand side; "Here we have a variety of healing crystals. Good for battle, but otherwise boring." Mari placed a delicate hand on the mid of Kiru's back, guiding her to the left hand side of the tent; where all the potions lie,

"Here - we have some things a little more...interesting. A potion to strengthen ones armour - or perhaps a poison for your enemies." Mari pointed toward the truth serum, "Perhaps you want to pull away the veil of lies, with a truth serum - or send your enemies into a fit of dispair.  Or, perhaps you want to loose yourself to a pleasant dream-like state, with some calming honey."  Mari paused, deciding to add that it was indeed, addictive - as she admired Kiru. "But that last one may just be addictive; you'll be surely coming back for more. At least it's cheap, no?" Mari asked.

A chill ran down my spine when Mari placed her hand on my back and guided me towards her potions. I still wasn't sure what I thought of her just yet. I had the very bad habit of forgetting if I was friends with people. I didn't spend time with anyone besides Keith really so it was hard to tell. Take Zelrius for example. We met by him killing the blob that I screwing around with. He initiated a challenge then left in the blink of an eye. We didn't talk much but I felt that we just agreed on some things. Either way, I was confused. 

I was about to object against Mari's strange potions until my eyes landed on some very weird ones. I leaned forwards and read the description of each of them. One of them caught my eye out of the three. A strangely colored one, reddish orange and glowing. Without a doubt in my mind I pointed to it and hoped no questions would be asked. It would be slightly embarrassing to tell why I was buying it. "Calming Honey?" Needless to say, I was curious if I actually could be under such effects, would they work against my cold manner? Then, I remembered I was low on healing crystals and snapped a finger. "Oh and I'll take two healing potions please."

x2

Name: Recovery Crystal II
Effect: HP Recovery Crystal  Heals 10 HP instantly! This does not require a post action
Description: This Crystal glows a soft blue and feels cool to the touch, when you use it you feel as though you just stepped out of a shower, aahhh refreshing!

Name: Calming Honey
Effect: This liquid helps soothe uneasy feelings. Feelings of doubt, sadness and fear. If you drink it you will feel calm and strangely content. This lasts for 10 posts. Warning: Calming Honey is an addictive substance, continued use will cause addiction
Description: This strange liquid is a blood orange colour, it smells like cinnamon, but tastes like honey? Weird! As you drink it you feel very warm and calm. There is a small warning label on the side; that says that it is an addictive substance, but how can that be true?

Mari collected the items that Kiru wanted; and walked back over to the counter, placing them on the dark, wooden surface before shuffling behind the counter herself; sitting down behind it. "Just be warned Kiru, I'm saying this to you as a-" Mari paused, she didn't feel she had any friends in Aincrad, still, she felt she was on somewhat positive terms with the girl. "-As a companion, Calming Honey is made to be addictive, chances are - if you ingest it, you will want more. The substance itself is not addictive, more so the feelings that it induces. In saying that..." 

Mari quickly calculated everything; tallying up a total. "That will be 700 Col; or 7 Materials. I am happy to do a mixture of both if you prefer."

My cheeks reddened a little when Mari hesitated, I knew we weren't necessarily friends. But, I was shocked when she said we were companions. At least she didn't conclude me as a threat. I nodded my head at Mari's words and tried not to look surprised. "I understand. I will not be coming back for this potion for myself. Thank you for telling me that." I said, staring at one of the odd pillows on the ground. What was Mari doing out here? I felt out of place here, guilty even. "It's Alkor. I thought with a tiny frown. I looked up at Mari, and replied. "I don't go mat hunting I'm afraid....So here." I materialized 700 col into a small pouch and placed it onto the dark wooden table. I added the potions to my inventory and turned to leave the tent. Just before leaving I turned back at Mari with a hesitant glance. "Mari? I uh..if you ever want to talk we can grab tea sometime...maybe. Thanks." I left quicker than I entered, leaving a question in my head: Why did I even speak with her?

10,331 - 700 to Mari

9631 col remaining

+2 Healing Potions

+1 Calming Honey Potion

Mari's hand swooped up and out, deftly collecting the Col, and depositing it into her own inventory. Kiru still insisted on purchasing the honey substance, and who was Mari to judge? Mari was just playing around with concoctions, potions, brews and crystals. Mari didn't mind that there were no mats, she would raid the guild storage for some once Kiru had left.  Mari gave Kiru a quizzical look, as the brash girl left Mari's tent.

What did she mean about grabbing tea sometime? "Not that I can...I'm A Pker." Mari mumbled, bringing up her HUD. Sure enough - there was a hefty amount of Materials in the guild storage. Mari withdrew them all, Groug was on a material hunt, and the two could divvy up the spoils amongst themselves. That'd make it fair - and it would mean Mari would not have to wait.

+17 Materials from Guild Bank.

27 Materials Left

ID:11747   Craft: 6

26 Materials Left

Mari cracked her fingers; now that Kiru was gone, and that she had more materials - it was time she got to work. She decided to make another 'Calming Honey' since Kiru had bought her last one, Mari didn't expect it to be popular, so she thought about upping the price to 150 Col. Heck, if it continued to sell well, she my just have to have a TBA on the price, and change it on a case by case basis. 

Mari again, scooped the thick, golden Queen Wasp Jelly into a vial, once heating it up - then again- placing in a red essence of one of the bats to help thin out the substance so it was actually drinkable. Finally, a puff of crushed blue butterfly wings; the liquid turned a blood orange and Mari knew she was successful. 

Effect: This liquid helps soothe uneasy feelings. Feelings of doubt, sadness and fear. If you drink it you will feel calm and strangely content. This lasts for 10 posts. Warning: Calming Honey is an addictive substance, continued use will cause addiction
Description: This strange liquid is a blood orange colour, it smells like cinnamon, but tastes like honey? Weird! As you drink it you feel very warm and calm. There is a small warning label on the side; that says that it is an addictive substance, but how can that be true?

ID:11748   Craft: 12

25 Materials Left

Mari waltzed over to the  potions cabinet and gently placed the Calming Honey inside; she headed back over to her work bench and grabbed a crystal base, Daeron said he wanted people, no, Alchemists to attempt to gain healing items - Mari decided she would best play her part. She repeated the process she had done for her previous healing crystals, and sure enough - this was a total success. Mari again, chose to make a party wide healing crystal. If she could somehow manage to make 4 of those. Then each group could have one. 

There would be no casualties this time. 

Name: Health Halation Crystal

Effect: Mass HP Recovery (Crystal only):This effect takes 3 enhancement slots. This effect mass heals the whole party, healing each player in the battle for +5 HP.
Description: The Crystal glows a bright, beautiful golden colour. It feels warm in your hand, and you know using it is not only going to help you, but those around you. What a good Samaritan! 

ID:11748   Craft: 12

ID: 11749  Craft: 2

24 Materials Left

Mari had accidentally left her burner on, with another crystal set in place. Mari had gone to lock her newest creation away in the crystal cabinet, when she turned to a loud 'SNAP' Mari turned with a start, noticing that the crystal had overheated, and broke into two. "Ah! Sh*t!" She exclaimed as she rushed to attempt to save it, but it was all for naught. She was left with a useless pile of plain dust. With a heavy sigh, Mari brushed it off the bench. That would teach her not to be so careless.

ID:11750   Craft: 8

23 Materials Left

"To hell with crystals today." Mari muttered, as she finished cleaning up her Alchemy Table. She was quite meticulous and always had it very clean, making sure it was pristine after every craft. Mari decided to give the masses what they wanted, Calming Honey. Mari was working on a more potent version; but what she had would suffice for now. She sighed. Somehow, there were rumours spreading about this stuff already. It had only been a day since Kiru had bought it. "Just what did that girl get herself into...." Mari muttered as she held up the completed vial to the pale light of the tent. Examining it with glowing green eyes. Slowly turning the vial around in her hand.

ID:11845  Craft: 2

22 Materials Left

Mari was ready for a new day of crafting. Sadly, it seemed that she wasn't entirely focused on the task at hand. Mari quickly cleaned down the bench, and set the bunsen burner to a low heat - or so she thought. Mari grabbed a crystal base and placed a clear quartz into it. Planning to make more healing items, however as she bent down to get the ingredients she heard a fizzle, then a crack. The Crystal had blown up. leaving behind nothing but a scorch mark and useless dust. "Ugh.." Mari muttered.

ID:11846  Craft:10 

21 Materials Left

Mari quickly swept up the mess that was left behind from her last failure. Deftly placing another crystal case down; then a clear quartz into that. Mari knew this recipe like the back of her hand, only ever so often would she make a slight variance of it. Mari set the purified water to drip onto the crystal - and added the crushed butterfly wings. Finally, adding a pinch of gold coloured dust, and POOF! She was left with a decent quality item.

Effect: HP Recovery Crystal  Heals 5 HP instantly! This does not require a post action
Description: This Crystal glows a soft blue and feels cool to the touch, when you use it you feel as though you just stepped out of a shower, aahhh refreshing!

ID:11849  Craft: 3

20 Materials Left

Mari wanted to try something new; this time, instead of using a clear quartz - she decided to use a red crystal she managed to acquire from the 9th floor. It felt warm to the touch. The pink haired woman set up everything just the same; carefully placing the crystal holder above a low burning flame, then placing the crystal in it. Mari had planned to use a blue sap from a tree, but before she could add it, the crystal exploded. Mari gave a sigh, noting that perhaps; the crystal didn't need to be heated -as it was already warm.

Still; it was an experiment to put on the back burner for now.

400 Col or 2 mats

Description: This Crystal glows a soft red and feels tingly and warm to the touch, when you use it you feel as though you just stuck your hands next to a warm, roaring fire. Mmmm toasty!

ID:11601   Craft: 10

400 Col or 2 mats

600 Col or 5 mats

Name: Health Halation Crystal
Effect: Mass HP Recovery (Crystal only):This effect takes 3 enhancement slots. This effect mass heals the whole party, healing each player in the battle for +5 HP.
Description: The Crystal glows a bright, beautiful golden colour. It feels warm in your hand, and you know using it is not only going to help you, but those around you. What a good Samaritan! 
ID:11671  Craft: 12

Name: Thick skinned Potion I
Rank Uncommon
EffectDamage Mitigation Increase (Potion): Adds +1 Damage Mitigation (Ignoring Enhancement Caps). This potion will add +1 Damage Mitigation to the user for the duration of the next battle. Takes a post action to use.
Description: Why does it look like chocolate? Why does this smell like chocolate? Why does it taste like chocolate? Who knows! But once you drink it you feel thick skinned, like you can take on the world!

ID: 11062   Craft: 10

400 Col

400 Col

300 Col

+  600 Col

1,700 Col - Total Cost

Daeron entered the shop he had once heard about before. Mari had said that she was an alchemist to him before and now that it was nearing time for another big fight on the next floor, Daeron was finding himself looking form some additional healing crystals/potions that could help him and his allies in the fight to come. Seeing the pink haired girl working hard, Daeron cleared his throat to capture her attention for a brief moment.

"I'll purchase these 4 Potions" he said as he placed down 1,700 Col on her counter. Daeron hadn't spent much of his Col in a while, so spending it on something that would help in future boss fights was perhaps the best way to go as he wanted to go for a tanky support role, as well as capable of dealing damage.

"Also, before I go. I'd like to know if you can make a hair dye potion. I'd like to change my hair color to blonde, so this way I can cut it. I'm tired of having this long brown hair in my face. I'm gonna go for a new look. Something that'll hopefully change the way people may see me. I'll pay whatever price you ask for." he asked kindly adding in that he'll cover any cost it will require. Daeron was sure he wanted to do this before he asked, so this was the moment of truth. Finding out.

ID:11850  Craft: 10

19 Materials Left

Mari decided to stick with what she knows; she deftly created yet another healing crystal. Figuring it would be useful to have them in the upcoming boss fight. 

Just as she had finished it, and her last craft of the day, she turned to the sound of a customer coming in. Mari knew Daeron was talking about coming to purchase healing items. Still...to see him here in her store. "Daeron...." Mari uttered, tones of familiarity, with hints of warmth in her voice as she greeted him with his name. 

She went over the items he wanted to buy; "I have another health halation crystal in stock now too, if you wish to purchase that as well - if not then chances are, I will be taking it to the boss battle anyway. I will have a few basic health crystals in stock too."

Mari collected the Col from Daeron, pursing her lips at his odd request. "You want to change your hair to blonde?" Mari asked, somewhat sceptical. "I think you're an idiot for changing the way you look for others." Mari said flatly, being brutally honest. "I can do it, and I'd charge 200 Col for something permanent, but I won't ask for payment until I manage to craft it." Mari lifted her shoulders in a shrug, as she closed her eyes. "I don't know why you're so concerned with how people perceive you. I mean, I like you. But hey, you want me to start calling you blondie, that's fine by me." 

Kosan entered a alchemy shop.. He needed some health potions or crystals.. He didn't knew who owned this shop nor he cared... As he opened the door he said in a kind of annoyed time "hey.. Came to buy some health crystals or potions .. Do you have any ?" As he walked inside , seeing a girl dressed from head to toe in pink.. "Tsk.. Its Mari" Kosan said to himself as he awaited for an answer from her..

Another entered her store, this time. It was the familiar hooded figure that was Kosan. It seemed he was still very bitter. Mari frowned at the orange cursor above his head. She simply did not approve of the path he had taken. Mari leaned forward on her elbows, as he addressed her in an annoyed manner - as though stepping into the shop was a hindrance to him. Furthermore, he seemed to utter her name with such disdain, tisking her, in her own store. 

"An attitude like that in a store, won't do you any favours." Mari began. "I'm sorry but my healing crystals are reserved for the time being, only for those who are participating in the battle to clear the 10th floor boss. As you are with Azure Brigade, I know you are not allowed to participate. Until the boss is defeated; I cannot help you with healing crystals." 

Mari twirled a pink strand of hair around her finger, "Generally, I'd offer an exception, at an increased cost - but I'd rather not. I don't want anyone to die in this battle."

Her tone was unusually calm and collected; and despite Kosan offering her naught but annoyance and hostility Mari was amicable with her words. It was true, Kiru managed to purchase healing materials right before Mari implemented it; and whilst she did have some more in stock - there was a high chance Daeron would purchase it again.

"In short, yes I have them in stock, but I won't sell it to anyone not participating in the Floor 10 boss battle."

Calrex popped his head into Alchemic Contagion. Since he had recently taken the Night Vision skill navigating his way wasn't difficult in the least. As he looked around the shop he noticed that the person that appeared to be running the shop was busy with another customer.

"Alright then, I'll just drop these off and be on my way."

He placed a small bag and left a note on the counter before taking off.

Hey Mari, here's something to help keep your business busy! If you ever need more materials and don't have the time to go out and get them feel free to let me know! It's not an official profession, but hey it'll help other players nonetheless! Hope things are going well!

Your Friendly Gatherer/Hunter Calrex

Donated 2 Materials