[F10-R7] Alchemic Contagion -PK Accessibe

ID:11997  CD:3
Materials: 20

Mari blinked, when she had noticed that another had come into her store. Her alchemy tent was far more popular than her Performer store ever was. It was a player she did not recognize, but he had left her a note with a donation of two materials. Calrex. "Mmm..." Mari wasn't sure what to think of the gesture. It was kind, and it was useful knowing she could now contact him, to retrieve more for her. It might be worth paying him to hunt down some materials for her in the future. 

Sadly, as well intentioned as it was, he made Mari loose site of what she was working on, and a loud 'BANG' followed by a cracked, and a stream of profanities from Mari, showed that the girl had just lost a material due to her carelessness. 

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID:11998  CD:10
Materials: 19

Mari cleaned off the bench, a failed attempt - but her loosing one material in exchange for being donated two? She could live with that. Mari brushed her hair back out of her face as she deftly went to work. Knowing what she wanted to do - make another Recovery Crystal. It was important to get as many of these out as possible. Mari wasn't sure if Azide was working as hard as she was with his crafting, but she hoped he was. Mari easily created another crystal and set it aside. Cracking her fingers. She still had a few crafts to get through today. If luck was on her side; she'd rank up; and be able to squeeze in an extra, valuable craft.

Name: Recovery Crystal I

Effect: HP Recovery Crystal  Heals 5 HP instantly! This does not require a post action
Description: This Crystal glows a soft blue and feels cool to the touch, when you use it you feel as though you just stepped out of a shower, aahhh refreshing!

ID:11998  CD:10

ID:11999  CD:10
Materials: 18

Mari pushed that Recovery Crystal to the side. This was going exceptionally well. With what Daeron had bought, and what she had in stock - she was certain that no one would die in the boss battle, she had two in stock and had just finished another, that made 3 basic recovery crystals in total, and one full party healing potion. That is just what she had on her; Daeron had more. "If only we were this well prepared last time..." Mari muttered darkly, as she created another successful Recovery Crystal. She gave a small sigh, pushing it to the side.

At least she levelled up her Alchemist skill, that would give her another two available crafts today.

Effect: HP Recovery Crystal  Heals 5 HP instantly! This does not require a post action
Description: This Crystal glows a soft blue and feels cool to the touch, when you use it you feel as though you just stepped out of a shower, aahhh refreshing!

ID:11999  CD:10

ID:12000  CD: 5
Materials: 17

Satisfied with the amount of Recovery Crystals she had made today; Mari decided to work on Daeron's request. To go blonde. Mari pursed her lips, wondering how to go about it. A potion would be better than a crystal, but should it be one he drinks? A spray? would that work? "UGh.. Daeron..." Mari muttered disdainfully. scratching her head in frustration. She promised she would craft it. 

Mari started off with aloe extract; in the bottom of a small cauldron. She then placed half a cup of coconut oil. Mari gave it a stir, contemplating what to do next. Blonde...a lightener would need Hydrogen Peroxide, but Mari didn't exactly have a bottle of that laying around. She'd need an oxidizing agent. Mari bit her lower lip. "He damn well better appreciate how hard this is.." She muttered. A Semi-Permanent dye would have been easy. But this? This was harder - and it would only last whilst he was in Aincrad - the moment they escaped this? He'd be back to his regular chestnut haired self. 

Mari decided to place some hardened magma into the pot, and placed it on a low heat, it began to bubble and boil as she stirred, Mari began to add dandelion leaf after dandelion leaf, till the entire mixture began to turn a golden yellow colour. She allowed it to cool before putting it into a much, much larger vial. The mixture was thick, and was not made to drink. Still, it was a success. Mari smirked as she wrote the description for the dye, before contacting Daeron.

Name: Blonde Hair Dye (Permanent)

Effect: Permanently changes your hair to a dusty blonde!
Description: Instructions state to smother your hair in the thick, creamy yellow goop. It tells you to leave it on for an hour before washing it out. When you uncork the large bottle you smell a mixture of sulphur and flowers, what an odd- uncomfortable smelling combination. Still, one has to pay a price to look this fabulicious!

ID:12000  CD:5

ID:  CD: 7
Materials: 16

The Blonde Dye was a success; and Mari felt confident - and started playing around with various ingredients - with no real intention of what to make in mind. Mari contemplated making more Calming Honey but with two still in stock - she didn't see the need to right now.  Mari had a vial and started throwing in various ingredients. Crushed mandrake root, crushed amethyst dust. Purified water, tree sap... Mari allowed the mixture to bubble and boil, she gave it a sniff; but it smelt awful. "Bleh... Ugh..." She placed a handful of lavender, then a handful of rose petals. With a 'poof' a potion was made. 

Mari knew exactly what this was going to do; the effect was there; Mari simply elongated it for ease of use. This would be an interesting one to give to someone.

Name: Absolut' Greed

Effect: Makes you greedy; makes your desires well known and forces you to do whatever it takes to get it. No matter the cost, it may have negative effects as users tend to ignore any repercussions this potion may cause, even if you obtain what you want you find yourself always wanting more. Lasts 20 posts/turns
Description: This lavender coloured  potion tastes like delicate roses; it is very sweet to the taste and goes down smoothly. As you drink it you feel a tad dizzy, then suddenly very focused. Ferociously so. You're on a mission! No one will get in your way! No one....

ID:12000  CD:5

Daeron entered the shop, after he had been contacted to pick up his purchase. When he found the bottle, he opened it just to smell it, only to find that the smell was rather detesting compared to a usual smell. "Make your jokes now, because they aren't gonna last once I set a new fashion trend." he said pretending to sound feminine. He then remembered one more thing that he needed to do before he left the shop.

"Also, I am here to purchase as many potions as you have for the boss fights. With the limited numbers that we have, it's going to be on rough battle, and with me tanking, I'll need the HP and that Banner from the new quest." he said as he placed down the initial 200 Col that she made it out to cost in the end. "Now I need this blacksmith to make me that armor ASAP. Otherwise I'll need to get materials myself, where I'll need to craft it up myself. I need to get prepared and fast too." he stated as he waited for her to bring out any and all remaining healing potions and crystals.

Mari gave Daeron a small smile as he walked into the tent "Hello blondie." Mari remarked, despite his hair still being brown. "Somehow, I don't see you being at the forefront of fashion." She remarked back in a mock-snide tone.

The conversation shifted, as Mari swooped up the Col Daeron had given her for the dye. "Yes- yes- I have plenty more actually. 4 Rank 1 crystals, and another party healing crystal. That would total 2,200 Col. If you wish to buy them." Mari gave a small shrug. "Even if you don't purchase them, I'll bringing them to the battle myself. At this stage you're just giving me Col to bring items to battle yourself, rather than have me take them." Mari grinned as she placed her elbows on the counter. Resting her chin on interlaced fingers. 

"Of course, I wouldn't complain if you did that," She said with a wry grin.

ID:12052  CD: 12
Materials: 15

Mari cracked her neck then her fingers; it was time for another day of crafting; and with a hefty 5 crafts ahead of her she wanted to make them count. Mari deftly grabbed a crystal base, and started working; placing component after component, as the purified water dripped - with each droplet and component the once clear quartz began to change colours, and with a small poof - she had a perfect quality crystal. Mari had made yet another party healing crystal. With three in total in the upcoming battle she was satisfied that no one, would die.

Name: Health Halation Crystal
Effect: Mass HP Recovery (Crystal only):This effect takes 3 enhancement slots. This effect mass heals the whole party, healing each player in the battle for +5 HP.
Description: The Crystal glows a bright, beautiful golden colour. It feels warm in your hand, and you know using it is not only going to help you, but those around you. What a good Samaritan! 
ID:12052  CD: 12

ID:12053  CD: 3
Materials: 14

The  budding young Alchemist was quick to start on her next craft, a little too quick, and a little too enthusiastic it seemed. She did everything as per normal. Placing the crystal base on the stand - but then -Mari managed to somehow completely miss the stand as she carelessly tossed the clear quartz into the fire. Mari watched as the entire scene seemed to happen in slow motion, as the crystal bounced off its container with a small 'tink' and burned up as it fell into the flames.

ID:12054  CD: 5
Materials: 13

Mari decided, after her embarrassing faux paux to shift her attention to a potion. Mari had recently been dealing with a lot of personal issues - ones that bore scars that tore deep into the plexus of her being. She gave a wistful sigh as she decided to work on a new potion; she started with purified water; as usual. Then started adding in different colours of crushed up light crystals. Mari also added several different coloured butterfly wings; yellow, white, golden, and blue. The solution looked like a clear myriad of glittery shimmery diamonds. Mari was not done yet. She scratched her chin. "mmmm....." She wasn't sure what to add, but it needed that one last ingredient. Mari found some midnight coloured flower petals and added them into the concoction, then with a poof. It was a success.

Name: Starry Eyed Illusion
Effect: Whoever drinks this will find themselves staring at their hearts desire, is it a person? A food? Or do you hear a song? The effects are vast; but are fleeting. You can tell if someone is under the influence of this potion as it appears that there are stars in their eyes. This lasts 10 posts.
Description: The liquid itself looks like a galaxy, if you shake the liquid it looks like a galaxy is forming. You almost do not want to drink it, but you do - and you feel as though you just jumped into a cool, pure spring. Your eyes cloud and you find yourself before what you desire most; forgetting for the briefest of moments that it is all just an illusion.

ID:12055  CD: 6
Materials: 12

Another successful craft. Mari stretched and yawned - feeling happy with what she had accomplished today. A perfect craft; and a new item for her store. Mari had a few more crafts up her sleeve and was debating on what to do with them. Make an entirely new concoction? Stock up on the calming honey? Perhaps make another truth serum...

"Spoiled with choice..." Mari said with a forced tone of whimsy. "What-ever shall I do?" 

Mari wanted to focus on building up her profits. Thus far;  not many had come into her store - mostly since an entire guild was not attending the boss fight so her profits in regards to healing items would be low - despite Daeron buying her out every chance he got. Still; he did  mention something about a hair dye. Should she make something for others? It was difficult - as most new users wouldn't travel as far as the 10th floor, and they would be the type of person to buy that sort of vanity item. 

Mari shrugged; deciding to make another Truth Serum

Name: Truth Serum

Effect:  The Player who drinks this is unable to lie for the duration of the thread
Description: This vile is filled with a clear liquid that has no taste or smell, however the small label on it states 'Truth Serum - sometimes, lies are kinder than the truth - use with caution' Do you dare use this? 

ID: 12056  CD: 2
Materials: 11

Mari went to make another potion, more so - Calming Honey to be exact- however, she hadn't put away her previous creations and the table become cluttered, rather than creating a successful, calming elixir she created a sticky mess. Mari gave a frustrated sigh - as she carefully mopped everything up; before standing and placing everything back on their shelves.  "What a day..."   She had screwed up two crafting attempts; that was more than usual, and she was running low on materials. She decided she would message that youth who came in, and commission him to obtain more for her. Mari sent a quick message off to Calrex before taking a seat behind the counter again.

Kosan entered Mari's shop once again ... he now needed 2 "potions" ... they might seem weird , but he wanted them for a reason .... As he entered the shop he walked to the counter , speaking a little bit more nicely this time .. "Hey Mari ... I would like to buy something ... I heard something about Calming Honey ... Can you give me one of that ... Also , could you make me a potion that could change the color of my left eye in Red ?... " he asked her , kinda shy to say so ... It was weird for someone to change only one color of the eye , but he didn't cared or give any moment thinking about it , or what people will think about this ..."Tell me how much that will cost , and message me when they will be done.." he said as he waited for an answer before leaving the shop .

Mari shot Kosan a dangerous look when he entered her store again. He hadn't exactly left her store on the most friendliest of terms. He was also quite rude. This time however; it seemed as though he heeded her words. Speaking in an overly, forced, friendly tone. His requests were different this time; Mari' eyes flashed when he mentioned the words 'Calming Honey' It seems as though he reputation was preceding her. Mari flashed him a devious smile.

"Of course." She shifted out from behind the counter and grabbed the Calming Honey, placing the warm vial in his hands. "I do hope you enjoy it." She said with a sly undertone. "That will be 150 Col." 

The Col exchanged hands; and then - the boy had another request. Mari raised her eyebrow. "I can do that, but if it is a permanent change I'll be asking for 600 Col. I gotta make a livin'." She said with a shrug of her shoulders. "I will contact you when my order is done."

ID: 12079  CD: 8
Materials: 10

Mari turned to her crafting table, not caring if Kosan was still there or not. She decided to craft his odd request. She sighed, what was it with people wanting to change their appearances these days? Mari gave her head a slight shake as she placed a vial in a secure place above a low burning bunsen burner. she allowed the evaporated water to start dripping into it. Mari found some elderberries, and crushed them up, placing them in the mixture. It made it lumpy. This wouldn't be a pleasant drink. Mari didn't mean for it to be so...bad texture wise; she was just attempting to make an odd request.

Next up came a fine red powder; from the outskirts of a volcano on the 9th floor. Mari wrinkled her nose, it smelt foul - but she added it into the mixture, and began to stir. The mixture was a dark red colour, thick and clotted; for a final hope to somehow make this less vile Mari added in sugar, and cinnamon - it wasn't the most pretty looking thing. But she had finished it.

Name: A real eye -changer

Effect: This potion will permanently change a single eye colour to red; when first using it the eye that changes colour will cause blurred vision for the next 10 posts in the thread.
Description:

This potion looks and smells disgusting, its a thick, lumpy mixture that smells like sulphur. The vial is warm to the touch. Just what the HECK is this? When you drink it, you realize it doesn't taste as bad as it looks and smells. It has a slightly cinnamon after taste, as though someone tried to fix the way it was meant to taste. Once you drink it you will feel an itch in your eye, you can't see properly out of it, but you know that you now have a single; fancy, red eye! Just like your favourite animoo character!

ID: 12082  CD: 10
Materials: 9

Mari contacted Kosan; to let him know his order was ready to be picked up. Now that was done and out of the way she figured she would ork on a recovery crystal. She deftly went through the steps of placing the crystal container down, then the clear quartz - followed by all the restorative ingredients and then the small 'poof' of smoke to show that she had been successful. Mari gave a small nod. "Right. 2 down, 3 to go."  Mari was becoming quite adept at crafting items.

Description:

This Crystal glows a soft blue and feels cool to the touch, when you use it you feel as though you just stepped out of a shower, aahhh refreshing!

ID:12083   CD: 2
Materials: 8

Mari continued straight onto the next one; she wanted to push out another recovery crystal. Doing everything as per usual she began to do her work - but got distracted by a message from Calrex - the man who Mari had commissioned to go on a material hunt for her, since she was running low. Mari had replied to him - almost forgetting about the volatile substances she was working with until she heard that loud 'crack' which meant that it was too late...

She had broken the materials she was working with. "Ah...dammit.." She muttered. Clearly annoyed.

ID:12084  CD: 3
Materials: 7

Mari never worked well when she was annoyed; and this was definitely one of those times. She chose to work on a new potion concoction; a potion that made people angry. That'd be entertaining. Sadly; Mari wasn't able to get it right, the mixture was a sloppy, thick mess - and as it burned it created a thick black smoke. Mari took it off the heat. Deciding that this was definitely another 'failure' two failures in a day? How unlucky. Mari needed to pull her head out her as* and work harder.

ID: 12086 CD: 2
Materials: 6

Mari grumbled, as she pushed the mess to the side; she would clean up later. Right now she wanted to focus on attempting another craft. She wanted to make more interesting potions that messed with the brain, the psyche. She wanted to push the limits of this game as far as possible. But. Luck was against her today, after a third failure Mari gave a frustrated cry. Shoving all the failed and broken materials off her desk in a frustrated fit. "F**k this sh*t." She seethed. 

She would have to clean up the mess later...

Kosan entered the shop again , he came with the 600 col he needed to pay for the potion .. "Hey , i heard its done ... give it to me so i can head to my own business" he told Mari as he entered the shop once again ... He knew she might still be angry at him ,but he wasn't sure ... He wanted to remain buds with her , but when he saw her last time it was like her mood was not good at all ... "Also , how's Alkor ?.. Haven't saw him around lately .." Kosan said as he looked around .. "I mean .. i thought you might know ..." he added .. Kosan didn't knew who died at the last boss fight , he just heard some died ...

-lost 800 COL per total