[PP - F9] Justice is served!<<Bandit Camp>> (Azide/Oikawa/Crozeph)

After receiving the blow the Bandit's arrogant smile disappeared, being replaced now by hate that showed in his eyes. If killing intent had any offensive force, Ariel might've been in trouble but luckily in this death game such things were only pipe dreams. Among the things that matter, at least to Ariel, were one's skills and the wisdom to use them in the proper time. And now she would put those hard earned skills resulted from her training to use. With practiced ease she would approach her opponent, them make a feint to the left before piercing the Bandit in the right shoulder, making his incoming attack miss by a lot. "What happened? Did you decided to be a gentleman and give this lady a little handicap?" she asked, mocking the Bandit that was regaining his stance. "You just wait there missy, me and my guys will enjoy 'toying' with you. Any moment now my boys will defeat your companions and then it will be your turn."

ID: 11793 BD: 6 MD: 2

Ariel HP: 33/36

Crozeph HP: 36/37

Azide HP: 39/39

Oikawa HP: 27/28

Bandit 1 HP: 11/35 (-8)

Bandit 2 HP: 23/35

Bandit 3 HP: 15/35

Bandit 4 HP: 19/35

*At a nat MD of 10 the Bandit deals full dmg(6 dmg), ignoring mitigation. (extra difficulty)

The bandit hesitated to pull another dagger at the moment, it seems Crozeph has a way of mitigating its damage. The bandit charged at Crozeph again without a word, only faint grunts. Crozeph pointed down his sword, his lethal and basic attack about to be received by the bandit. Crozeph dodged the bandit as it tried swinging down its axe aimed at Crozeph's left shoulder. Crozeph quickly took a step forward leaving no gap between the two closing the distance and no chance for the bandit to attack again. Crozeph raised his sword cutting the bandit from hip to left shoulder and finished it with a kick. The bandit landed on the ground, grunting in frustration hitting the ground with its axe. Crozeph heard the other one talk to Ariel "must be the leader" he said as his opponent struggled to stand "now what will it do next?" Crozeph thought as he keeps his eyes on the bandit in front of him.

[iD: 11797]

Battle Dice: [10] critical

1 base +3 weapon skill +2 Crimson Flare +2 critical

Mob Dice: [1] fail

Bandit 1 HP: 11/35 
Bandit 2 HP: 15/35 
Bandit 3 HP: 15/35 

On the most basic level, the bandit had been able to keep up with the player's unrelenting pace. Indeed, the vast majority of their traded blows were either dodged or deflected, with neither party suffering any injuries.

Taken in isolation, an outside observer might perhaps have thought them to be roughly equal in skill. The dirt well wore the marks of these two combatants, leave a record every step and imprint they had left as they'd charged forward or leapt from side to side. The depth of these prints could even mark where one of them had leaned in one direction to escape the other's swing.

But to the more patient observer, who bothered to watch more than a few vignettes from their duel, would have easily dismissed the notion. They would have noticed the quickly widening rift that separated Azide from the bandit, as the formers health bar stay still, while other latter's continued to plummet. Even if the agile bandit were able to successfully evade his blade ninety-nine percent of the time, he would inevitably lose to the man who could make a claim for a hundred.

And so, after parrying another swing from his opponent, Azide took advantage of a momentary lapse in his enemy's defense. He plunged his blade deep, then withdrew it before the position left him vulnerable. "One more hit," he thought. "That'll do it."

ID: 11844

BD: 8 (Hit)

MD: 5 (Miss)

Damage taken (Bandit 3) = 1 (Base) + 3 (Rapier) + 4 (Weapon Skill) + 1 (Athletics) = 9

Bandit 3 HP: 6/35 (-9)

Or maybe I don't know who I'm dealing with..Oikawa thought as he felt a dagger sink right into his chest. It happened...so..fast... Removing the blade from his chest, Oikawa rushed the bandit. Jumping into the air, he shield bashed the bandit, sending him to the floor. The sank his blade right into the enemies thigh. The bandit yelped in pain, but Oikawa simply leaned on the blade, pushing  it further into the player Mob. "You and your pathetic group have really pissed off a lot of people. It's a wonder that you lot were still alive when we got here." The bandit grunted before using it's free leg to kick Oikawa back. Still clutching the blade, Oikawa went skidding across the dirt. So that's how you want to play it? Fine. I'll make this quick.

ID: 11847 
BD: 10 (Hit) (Bleed Activated)

CD: 7
MD: 10 (Hit)

Damage taken (Bandit 4) = 1 (Base) + 2 (Rapier) + 3 (Skills) + 2 (Hyper Critical Damage) = 8

Damage taken (Oikawa) = 6 (Base) *Ignores mitigation = 6

Oikawa HP: 21/28 (-6)

Bandit 3 HP: 6/35
Bandit 4 HP: 11/35 (-8) BLD [2/2]

She smirks at the mob's words after while taking a look at her party's Hp bars."I think you got it wrong old man, MY teammates are about to send your pals into oblivion but don't worry, I'll help you join them soon enough." she said while making a couple of steps and attacking the bandit. He tried to parry her strike with his sword and they clashed weapons, that lasted only for a second as Ariel overpowered the mob and landed her stab into his left shoulder while evading his descending blade. She takes a glance over her shoulder and sees Oikawa with a knife in his chest for a second before he pulls it out like it was a toothpick and jumps his opponent: "Are you OK? Don't get sucker stabbed like that, you're making me look bad in front of this guy after what I said to him."

ID: 11793 BD: 8(5+3acc) MD: 4(6-2eva)

Ariel's HP: 33/36
Crozeph's HP: 36/37
Azide's HP: 39/39
Oikawa's HP: 21/28 

Bandit 1 HP: 3/35 (-8)
Bandit 4 HP: 11/35
*At a nat MD of 10 the Bandit deals full dmg(6 dmg), ignoring mitigation. (extra difficulty) 

Crozeph saw the bandit pull out another one of its dagger "planning on using your kitchen knives again?" he told the bandit who replied with a short laugh and a grin "I'll wipe that grin off your face, like dust on my coat" he said. The two began moving forward at the same time with Crozeph's eyes on the weapons of the bandit "which ever comes first, it doesn't matter..." Crozeph pointed down his sword as he continues to charge at the bandit "...daggers only move at one direction" he thought. The bandit hurled his axe at Crozeph who dodged it by an inch wounding his right shoulder this time and in just another second it hurled the dagger next. Crozeph dodged it again but it made a shallow cut on his left cheek. The bandit panicked, Crozeph barely received any painful blow, it was only child's play for him to dodge projectiles "not gonna let you pull out another dagger" he said. Crozeph ducked in front of the bandit and all of a sudden raised his sword, slashing upwards and almost launching the bandit in the air. The bandit fell to the ground and rolled, writhing in pain as Crozeph left a deep wound on its chest "someone's gotta pay for hurting my guildmate and since I don't like interfering with fights, you'll be the one paying it" he said while glaring at the bandit.

[iD: 11893]

Battle Dice: [9] critical

1 base +2 Crimson Flare +3 weapon skill +1 critical

Mob Dice: [8] - [2] = [6] success

4 damage - 3 mitigation = 1 damage

Craft Dice: [11] battle healing activated

+1 HP gained

Ariel's HP: 33/36
Crozeph's HP: 37/37
Azide's HP: 39/39
Oikawa's HP: 21/28 

Bandit 1 HP: 3/35
Bandit 2 HP: 8/35

The soul was a fickle thing. Its nature was always changing in the hearts of men. At first it had very much been a certainty- like the heart or the hand. Ambiguity arose as the tide of progress rose up to sweep away the tales of yore, bringing with them a much colder science. And now, once again, progress brought back the question of the soul.

This bandit he found- this man, did he possess a soul to call his own? "Perhaps," Azide entertained. But even so, it could not compare to his own, and so it had ceased to be. After weaving past a few careless jabs, the player leaned forward and thrust his blade straight through the man's chest. He looked into the bandit's eyes, curious of what he would find in them. Seeing only anger and pain, he realized the artificial man was closer in spirit to a beast than human. He tore his blade from its fleshy enclosure, shattering his mechanical soul.

He dropped his arm so that his rapier was pointed toward the ground as he walked toward Oikawa and his opponent of choice- a fellow that bore a strong resemblance to the one he'd just erased. The man was dressed in tanned leather armaments; his face was framed by a scraggly knotted beard, lacking the decency of a regular shave. His eyes were narrow, and his expression was wily and pointed, like a weasel's.

ID: 11937

BD: 5 (+3 Accuracy) = 8 (Hit)

MD: 2 (Miss)

LD: 9 (Nothing)

Damage taken (Bandit 3) = 1 (Base) + 3 (Rapier) + 4 (Weapon Skill) + 1 (Athletics) = 9

Crozeph HP: 37/37

Oikawa HP: 21/28

Bandit 1 HP: 3/35

Bandit 3 HP: -3/35 (-9) [Dead]

*1 material acquired.

((Since Oikawa's inactive I'll pass him this time

While awaiting his response Ariel took a quick at the others, all of them were doing good..too good. Azide even finished his mob already. Without wasting a breath she turned around to face her opponent and grinned : "Sorry pal, I'd like to chat with you some more but I can't fall behind that guy. It's a matter of pride, you wouldn't understand." and with that she aimed her sword towards the bandit's abdomen to be sure she hit. Usually she would aim for the head but this one hit was something she needed to land!. Her aim was again true, striking the mob a little lower of his sternum. The bandit tried to mutter some last words but dissapeared instantly, leaving behind only the usual loot. She picked it up and then shouted towards the others. "You guys make sure you don't miss this last shot or *she looks at Azide* WE'LL finish it for you, like it or not."

ID: 12104  BD: 6 (2+3Acc+1BD<<Concentration>>) MD: 1 LD: 19

Bandit 1 HP: -5/35 (-8)[Dead]
Bandit 3 HP: -3/35 [Dead]

Loot: 2 Materials && 175 col

Oikawa watched from the corner from his eye as two of his comrades dropped their opponents. Turning them to digital dust and collecting the loot. "Well ain't that something? Guess I'm not as strong as I thought." The bandit snickered and twirled his knife, slowly pacing around the player. Oikawa turned his attention back to the Mob before him. Clenching his rapier, he bolted forward. In flash a three quick jabs, Oikawa sheathed his rapier as the bandit dropped to his knees. Clutching his chest, the enemy muttered a few curses before dissolving into polygons and dropping a loot bag. Collecting his loot, Oikawa turned to see how the remaining person in the group was doing.

ID: 12105

BD: 10 (NAT) (HIT)

CD: 6

LD: 5

MD: 6 (-3 EVA)= 3 (MISS)(Thorns Activated)

Damage taken (Bandit 4) = 1 (Base) + 2 (Rapier) + 3 (Skills) + 2 (Bleed) + 2 (Thorns) + 2 (Hyper Critical Damage) = 12

Bandit 1 HP: -5/35 [Dead]
Bandit 4 HP: -1/35 (-12) [Dead]

(Oikawa - The Faint received 1 material)

Crozeph stood still as the bandit's eyes widened, Crozeph has been overpowering him not with strength but Crozeph's gladiator like fighting style "didn't expect to be defeated by a boy who likes watching wars in movies?" he said, his ever so calm smile inflicting a much more terrible fear on the bandit. It has always been like this everywhere, the strong lives and the weak dies but Crozeph didn't really abide to it always "the strong will meet their end soon and the weak will get stronger" he thought. The bandit let out a hysterical scream, full of fear as if Crozeph was the monster of them two "too bad, you've meet your end" Crozeph disappeared before the bandit's eyes and saw him again on his side "fear blinds anyone who succumbs to it" he whispered. Crozeph stabbed the bandit in the neck and spun around chopping the head off. The head shattered in the air then the body as it fell on the ground lifeless. Crozeph sheathed his sword and nodded in satisfaction of how well he fought the bandit "slowly getting better, may not be the most efficient style but quite an effective one" he said before looking to the others who seemed to be finishing the battle also.

[iD: 12121]

Battle Dice: [10] critical success

1 base +2 Crimson Flare +3 weapon skill +2 critical

Mob Dice: [2] fail

Bandit 1 HP: -5/35 [Dead]
Bandit 2 HP: 0/35 [Dead]
Bandit 4 HP: -1/35 [Dead]

(ooc:sorry for the late post, got lost in the woods yesterday)

Azide found himself pleasantly surprised to see Oikawa wrap up his little spat with a clean and decisive strike of his sword. He threw a quick thumbs-up to his guild mate, then turned to see that the rest of the bandits had been dealt with in a similar fashion. Sheathing his rapier, he dusted his gloves against each other and moved to the approximate center of the three.

"Call it justice, call it business- call it whatever you'd like. In any case, it looks like we're just about finished here," he remarked, giving the camp a quick visual sweep. The shelter was abandoned now. He wondered how long it would stand like this, unoccupied. What had been a crude shelter for a rowdy band of rogues just this morning had now become a grim reminder of the massacre thad had taken place today. Each tent was like a makeshift grave marker, and this place was filled with the silence of a graveyard.

He returned his attention to each of the other three members of the party and nodded at each of them. "Either way, good job today, everyone. We were a picture of efficiency today."

Ariel let out a smirk seeing both of the remaining fights ending the next instant after she released her 'threat' of stealing their respective prey opponent. She turned towards Azide already put away his sword and acted in a casual manner: "You do know this is an open PVP area, right?" she said while raising  her weapon to her face while adopting a low stance, pointing towards towards him and letting out a mischievous smile. She stood a few seconds(around 10-15) like that in a threatening pose with the most serious poker face she could manage only to burst in laughter afterwards while sheathing her black rapier. "I'm just messing with you but I won't forgive myself for placing second in these fights." She then turned towards the other two: "You've improved since I last saw you. Onee-san is pleased." she started chuckling again at that thought before continuing."How about we head back to town and have ourselves a nice 'warm' meal. Oh and by back to town I mean 'Snowfrost Village' I'll always take the cold that's out there instead of this heat. It's on me of course since I invited you." Upon hearing the word 'meal' Kimba decided to make her presence known by a loud roar, she of all of them wanted to go back to someplace cooler.

((Okay guys last posts, make them count. Then I'll post the final closing one with the rewards. or if you guys want to continue I'm OK with it:D.

Oikawa returned Azide's thumbs-up and sheathed his own rapier. Haha I just realized three fourths of our group are rapier users. Hmm guess the weapon is more popular than I thought. He then watched as Ariel teased Azide about the nature of their location and the results it could yield. After a fit of laughter from the Crowned Lion, both her and Azide gave thanks and complimented the group on their work.

Oikawa didn't have much to say for once. He just followed along as Ariel brought up the topic of food. "While I hate for for a lady to pay for my meal I will not turn down free food at this point. I'm famished and I'm sure King could use a bite too. Isn't that right?" He asked as he petted the leopard who had managed to stay atop his head the whole time. The little blue-eyed cub let out a small roar and continued to rest where he was. "Well after you milady." Oikawa said as he gestured for Ariel to lead the way.

Crozeph sheathe his sword as soon as he finished off the last bandit and took a step back before turning around to face his other party members "I'd call it cleaning of trash" he told Azide, arms crossed and a smirked seen on his face "these bandits only is good at slowing other players down" he added. Crozeph has been always dreaming of being a vigilante even before he entered SAO and it seems he felt a little satisfied that he did it even for once. Crozeph looked at how his companions are using rapiers "rapiers are quite in demand nowadays" he said. Crozeph never really put some thought on using rapiers, he can't even do a simple powerful stab ending for him to use curved swords and katanas which are quite useful to cut through any flesh. "So Ariel will just go back to the village to get the quest rewards?" he asked. Crozeph looked around and saw that the campsite is now quiet, nothing more than an abandoned place"well it looks like this place will be a good place for other players now" he said.

A laugh escaped his lips, and he wore a slight grin as he turned his head to face Crozeph. He clapped his hands together in a manner resembling the steady patter one might expect from a learned golfer. "Hats off to you, Crozeph. Cleaning of trash it is," he replied, with a nod of his head.

"They were never of any real significance," he thought, picturing the rogues who'd stood here in this valley. The four of them stood upright in ghostly projections, unmoving and still. "Nothing but trash. Junk data that was always going to be erased." He closed his his eyes, and he found his hand clenching shut. But in spite of it all, none of it changed the fact of how quickly they'd perished. "They were just artificial intelligences," he reminded himself. In fact, he'd never forgotten that. But their human appearances acted as a morbid reminder of the fragility that came with each and every player in this world. This was a mad realm, and he was one of the loons.

His eyes creaked open like rusty doors, and he found himself staring at his companions once more. Ariel, in particular turned her sword to him. He said nothing, and his eyes looked elsewhere as the moment dragged on before offering a faint chuckle at her joke. "You did well, Ariel," he answered plainly, in response to her remark of placing second. "But there's only room for a single number one," he added, a bit of his vitality returning to him. Azide crossed his arms and gave her a look that was both amicable and challenging. "So we'll just have to wait and see who it's going be."

At the mention of a free meal, he shook his head. "I'm all up for a meal, but I hope you won't be offended if I pay for it myself," he replied, fiddling with his gloves. A bead of sweat dripped from down his heated forehead, and he wiped it away with the back of his hand. "But either way, I'd like to get out of this place sooner, rather than later."

Ariel enjoyed Azide's reaction, through a bit dull. She would have expected him to do the same and next they would make a mock duel. But that was the warrior part of her thinking. She ignored his taunt and chose to hear him offer offer to pay for diner, with a smile she replied:

"Fine by me." she then turned towards Oikawa: "You should already know by now I'm not your regular 'lady' but I get where you're coming from. Okay Crow, since you're so anxious to get the rewards, lead the way!" She said while going in front herself, leaving the 3 S1 members in behind, Kimba quickly came by her side and they went to this floor's main city to collect the rewards then to "Snowfrost Village" to get a something to eat.

((Crow had a LD of 12 and a loot of 1 mat and 175 col, in the post where he finished the bandit. Next time post that as well.

Mission Reward Roll: [12363] LD: 3 (not my best roll)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------The End----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoils:

Gold Gained: 275 (each)  {[400+ 175 + 175], (750 + 75)/3}

SP Gained: 2 SPs (each)

Materials Gained:  1 (each except Ariel who gets 2)