PP - F1: "A Potential Recruit" [Syo]

Mari was tapping her foot, covered in a thigh high, black heeled boot. Her arms were crossed over her chest, she wore her usual Pink, spiked armour - her spiked pink gauntlets and ripped pink skirt. Her facial features were worn; it was clear the woman hadn't had much sleep as of late, and why would she? She had a lot on her plate, she had somehow found herself chairing and now leading the raid on the 10th floor boss; she had somehow found the ire of the Azure Brigade - despite assuming she was on good terms with them; Alkor was dead.

There was little going for Mari right now; and quite frankly, her guild was not at the forefront of her mind. Still, when an avid young member showed interest- she figured she would be frank - and meet up with him. She agreed to meet him on the outskirts of the first floor; she would watch him fight - and then take him up to the higher floors. 

He wasn't quite in her guild yet. Gone were the days where Mari haphazardly accepted anyone. Mari closed her blue eyes, and gave a small sigh. Today, would be a long, long, day.

81MQ2yz.png

Syo just finished training and stands in front of the entrance of Starter City and was about to head in, then he suddenly stops with a concerned expression. W-Wait.. Was the recruitment for that guild today?! It can't be.. She's not waiting for me.. Is she? he thinks to himself, as he slowly walks towards the city, but quickly turns around and sprints towards the outskirts of the First Floor. Please.. don't be waiting by yourself.. alone.. Damn it.. I should have known.. I'm the worst. he thinks, as he runs past the many many trees around the wilderness. Hoping that she was safe and not hurt by the leveled monsters in the area. 

He could see a streak of pink hair and he starts to feel relieved and runs up to Mari panting, "A-Are you o-okay? I-I mean.. Did you wait long?" he asks, as he start to catch his breath. Syo stands straight up with his hand out to shake with a smile on his face. "Oh.. I forgot. Heh. My name is Syo! It's nice to meet you." he said.

Mari uncrossed her arms, raising her eyebrow at Syo as he approached. He looked to be young. At least, a few years younger than her. He wore an outfit comprised of white and blue and his eyes - wide and blue still held a bright and endearing innocence to them. Oh how he had picked the wrong person to tousle with.  "Actually, Syo - you're on time. I just have a habit of being early." Mari gave a small smirk. Leaning forward, "Aww, worried about lil' Ol' Mari?" She asked, as she placed one hand on her hip. The other pointing up toward her orange cursor.

"I'm the 8th strongest in level within Aincrad, and a PKer. I don't think you need to be worried about me. 'Preciate the sentiment, but worry about yourself first."

Mari shrugged, as she wrapped an arm around his shoulder, pushing him forward to walk with her. "But enough about me, why do you want to join my guild. It isn't the biggest- nor the friendliest."

81MQ2yz.png

Syo felt relieved, as Mari tells him that he was still on time. She's fine.. I'm getting worked up over nothing. he thinks to himself, as he gives her a smile. Syo backs up a bit when Mari leans forward and teases him. He stares as the orange cursor, Mari pointed out to him. She k-k-killed someone.. he thinks, as he gulps. Syo shakes his head, ignoring that she killed someone. "Of course I was worried!" he said in a nervous tone, as he rubs the back of his head. Syo takes a look at her from head to toe and could see that she's well prepared for anything. He looks at himself and changes his expression from amazed to disappointing.

From disappoint to shocked, t-the eighth strongest? I'm in the presence of someone who is far superior to me.. he thinks to himself. Syo now knew he was worried for nothing, but still had to shake the feeling of being weak off. "S-Still.. I have to worry, because if something were to happen. I mean.. It's not safe to be by yourse-.. Well you see.. Ah. Forget it." he said, jumbling a bunch or words in his sentence.

Mari wraps her arm around his shoulder and pushes him forward. "Why do I? Well, first off, I don't care about the size of your guild. If your guild is full of people who can't get along well, I-I'll just put up with it. Secondly, I want to have the feeling of people to be by my side when I need them.." he answers. Syo was alone for a long time and now he was finally able to interact with someone else.

Mari gave a curt laugh as Syo, clearly flustered - was adamant about his concern. It was...somewhat refreshing to have someone so...untainted by the harsh realities of Aincrad. He was clearly nervous, the way his voice broke, how his aqua eyes darted to and fro - how he seemed to absently fidget. Then, his eyes travelled up to her orange cursor - they widened in what Mari could only assume was fear - or shock. He gave his head a small shake, and tried to change the subject. 

"Here." Mari said, pausing; and in a rare act of kindness - she had opened up her Guild Storage; her current guild members didn't need it, and it was just dead weight right now. She had opened up a trade window; offering him a near-full set of equipment. "Where we are going, you will need it. Ignore the cliche'd names, my old Blacksmith wasn't exactly the best at naming equipment."

Item Name: Ninja Gloves
Item Type: Light Metal Equipment
Description: a grey-ish pair of gloves which protects its user from serious harm .
enhancements: +2 damage mitigation

Item Name: ninja armor
Item Type: Light Metal Equipment
Description: a black armor which protects its user, making him more agile (guild)
enhancements: +2 evasion

Whilst waiting for him to accept the trade Mari shrugged. "You learn pretty quick no matter how close you are to someone, be they family or a loved one they all die." She said in a dark tone. Unwittingly placing emphasis on the words family and loved one, to someone who was perceptive, it'd be clear she was speaking from experience. "I can't say if my guild can offer such feelings of companionship - you're being hypocritical. You say you want a feeling of people by your side, but then say that if there is a guild of people who can't get along you'd put up with it. Don't do that sh*t. Pick something and stick with it."

81MQ2yz.png

Syo shakes his head to get his hair back to place, after Mari giving him a small shake on the head. "Hm?" he said in a questionable tone. A trade window popped up in front of him and his eyes widen from the equipment Mari has placed in the trade slots. Syo hovers his hand over the accept button, hesitating from hitting the accept button. S-She's giving me these equipment.. and we just met. There is no one like her, is there? he thinks to himself. Syo shakes his head and hits the accept button.

"Let's see.. I'll equip these right away... This and that.. There." he said, as he clicks on the equipment that he has just received from Mari. The grey-ish pair of gloves start to form around Syo's hand and the black armor replaces his white cloak. "H-How do I look? Wait.. I mean. Thank you very much, Mari." he said, as he swipes away his inventory menu. The names of the armor weren't bothering him, but the color was indeed out of his taste.

Syo looks at Mari with a concern look, when she emphasizes the word "family" and "loved one."  "M-Mari.." he whispers to himself. There was something that made her emphasize those words, but he had no place to ask her about that. Mari begins to call hypocritical and she's right. Syo is hypocritical. He was always alone and never had anyone to criticize him. Syo begins to smile at Mari, "I guess.. I want to have people by my side." There was nothing he could argue about to her, because she's right and there was nothing he could do to change that.

Mari watched as he nervously accepted the items, Mari sighed. "They're not going to do anything to you." She muttered in an annoyed tone. "It's just armour - frankly it's just dead weight, collecting dust in guild storage. You look like someone who may, just may not die today." She said curtly, before pursing her lips, finally adding a strained "You're welcome." 

Syo whispered something, but Mari didn't catch it. She wasn't one to bother questioning people on what they whispered to themselves. She gave him a small nod, "There. That's a decision you made, good job kid. C'mon, We're heading to the 4th floor. I'm going to pin you against some snow wolves, or whatever comes along your way. You shouldn't die; I'll step in before that happens. I want to see how you fight. Naturally; Cerulean Silence has two sections, the Militant Sect and the Passive Sect. Militant are trained for the front lines, Passive simply collect materials - and craft items. Should you join what do you think you'd be suited to?"

It was clear that Mari wasn't exactly used to being civil to people, nor was she good at normal social interactions, that fact had only worsened with the death of her own daughter - and had become non existent with the death of Alkor.

81MQ2yz.png

Syo equips his sword and nods in acceptance. "Snow Wolves.. No complaint here. If that's what you wish for, Mari." he said. There is no way in hell that he would back out of this fight. He gave her a smile, as he assures that he wouldn't die as long as she's around. "I'll do my best to make sure you won't have to save me." he states with a confident tone, even though the monsters on the fourth floor are strong, he needs to do his best to make it into the Militant Sect. Militant Sect.. If I'm able to land myself in that position, I would be able to complete my goal faster. he thinks, as he looks towards Mari and said, "If I were to join, I would like to be assigned to the Militant Sect." 

Even though the Guild Leader of Cerulean Silence wasn't exactly a leader of some sort, Syo still believes that she'll take this guild far someday. There were things you could say, but you must think twice before you speak to Mari. I can't be useful, if I can't defend myself from a couple of snow wolves. I need to show Mari that I can protect myself.. he thinks to himself, as he prepares for the trip to the fourth floor.

The two headed toward the teleportation pad outside of town. "If you were to complain, I'd leave you here now." Mari said simply, without sympathy toward Syo. She gave him a curt nod of acceptance as he gave her a warm smile, determined to ensure that Mari wouldn't have to save him. Mari was admittedly surprised when Syo mentioned he wanted to join the militant sect.

"Ya don't look the type." Mari said with harsh honesty. "You'll hafta train a lot more. I won't be lettin' ya join any boss battles at the level you are currently at. You'd just be cannon fodder."

Mari paused as they arrived at their destination. Mari stepped onto the pad, turning to Syo. "Still, if you're serious about it. I won't deny you your wishes. 4th Floor -outskirts."

And with that, she was teleported away to the 4th floor; Mari quickly stepped off the teleportation pad; not wincing or showing any forms of discomfort at the sudden and vast drop in temperature. It was snowing, and the thick white blanket crunched under her feet as she took a few steps away from the pad, before waiting for the guild recruit.

81MQ2yz.png

Mari had a shocked expression on her face, but Syo was used to people giving him weird expression. Surprised. I don't look the part, but I'll do my best to show you I can hold myself. I won't disappoint you. he thinks to himself, as he looks over at Mari. Syo isn't the type of person to lead anyone, despite the fact that he was alone most of his life time.

Mari was being quite honest with Syo, but he took it like he did when he went to school. "Yeah. I'm never a "type" of anything." he said with a friendly tone. He knew he couldn't go into boss run, but it's not going to stop him from getting stronger.

Mari fades from the teleportation pad and walks on it after she completely fades. "Yeah.. Thank you, Mari. Fourth Floor, Outskirts." and away he goes, leaving behind Starter City and onto the fourth floor.

Syo fades in and finds Mari standing a few meters ahead of him. The cold weather hits him, but he winces and moves on with it. That was a sudden change in the air. he sighs, but looks at Mari with a smile. "Shall we move ahead, Mari?" he ask in a soft zone. The snow starts to fall onto his fair pale skin and he shakes the snow off, and wipes them off the top of his head.

(On phone will edit format when home sorry if reply is short)

Mari watched Syo approach, he looked at disdain at the snow that surrounded them. "2 wolves." Mari said simply, "then we move onto the 9th floor. I want to take you from extreme cold to extreme heat. Finally we will end on the 10th floor, in my shop."

Mari said, revealing what she had planned for him. Mari would make sure Syo wouldn't die. Syo asked if they should go on ahead and Mari gave a small nod. "Of course."

Mari walked on ahead at a steady pace, every so often glancing toward Syo to ensure he was keeping up. "Harsh climates are to be expected, you need to learn to fight on a blistering blizzard - almost burning fires- and in total darkness."

Soon, they happened upon the first wolf; and Mari stopped. "alright Syo. Time to show me what you can do.

Wolf: 8/8
Deals 2 damage

81MQ2yz.png

Syo's plan has been laid down for him and he gives Mari a nod, "Got it." he states, and proceeds to walk along the whitest place he's ever seen. Syo finds himself fascinated about the snow and a Snow Wolf appears before the two. Syo sticks his hand out towards the wolf and his weapon begins to materialize in his hand. He takes a deep breath and initiates first, but fails to land his attack on the wolf.

He leaps back to safety and slides next to Mari. Well.. That's a bad start. Tch.. I won't lose here.. Not now. Not ever. he stands up and prepares to strike once again at the wolf.

[Syo 15/15 HP]

[Mari 73/73 HP]

[snow Wolf 8/8 HP]

11962 9 7 4 Syo 2015-03-05 18:03:09

OOC: It's okay. I don't mind the reply. I'm the one with the short replies anyways..

Syo paused; before running straight into battle. He steadied himself and his breathing. That was a good sign. An inexperienced fighter to just run into a battle without any thought or attempts to steady themselves was just acting the fool. Syo however managed to somewhat steady himself before charging. Mari watched as his foot fell into the heavy snow; he misplaced his balance and missed the strike. Luckily he managed to slide back to safety besides Mari. 

"Gotta watch your surroundings." Mari instructed; stepping in front of him as the wolf attempted to charge. Mari easily blocked it with her thorned gauntlets, the wolf bit down hard on them before giving a yelp and retreating. It seemed that her thorns injured the beast. Mari kept to her word; she ensured that Syo wasn't going to die.

"Try again." 

Mob Dice: 6-2= Miss.

[Syo 15/15 HP]

[Mari 73/73 HP]

[snow Wolf 6/8 HP]

81MQ2yz.png

Mari protected Syo from the Snow Wolf's attack, but he needs to show her that he can do some damage himself. Syo relaxes himself in order to keep focus on dealing some damage on the wolf. Syo scans the area around him before running towards the wolf. Right.. Surroundings.. I need to make sure I don't misplace my foot once again. Syo takes off towards the wolf, taking pre-caution, he slashes his sword at the wolf. His sword is able to land its first strike on it, leaving a red mark on it's side.

The Snow Wolf whimpers and distance itself between Syo and Mari. "It's almost over, Mari. I'll try and finish it off quickly." he states, as he walks over to Mari.

[Syo 15/15 HP]

[Mari 73/73 HP]

[snow Wolf 4/8 HP] - 2

OOC: Sorry for the inactivity.. I was moving in.

The wolf lunged; and again; Mari stepped in to ensure that Syo wouldn't get hit. Of course, she wouldn't always do this for him, but this was his first battle in the snow it seemed. Mari would allow the second wolf to attack him, and step in only if she felt he needed to be healed. The wolf stopped its attack as it realized Mari was in the way of its primary target, it stopped just short of her, bristled hair standing on end as it snarled at her.

"Go on then, you still have a few hits before it's dead."

Mob Dice: 5 FAIL

81MQ2yz.png

Syo still looking like a fool, trying to slay the wolf. Focus, Syo.. This is in front of your future guild leader.. He thought to himself, as he prepares to strike down the Snow Wolf. Frustration blinds him, causing him to attack the wolf without a chance to think. He swings his sword, as it was about to strike the wolf, it evades his attack. Syo's sword his the snow, failing to hit the wolf. "Heh.. I'm not so much of a Potential Recruit.. Right?" He said to Mari, but in a soft tone. He dashes back to Mari and positions himself to ready his next attack.

12745 5 9 13 8 Syo Msg_hover2.png 2015-03-15 22:20:45

OOC: Aren't I pathetic? I didn't post for five days.. Sorry..

Mari sighed, as he failed to hit the wolf again - this was a little more time consuming than she first thought. Perhaps she would break down her trials into three different groups; allow Syo time to rest. "Try again." Mari said simply. "Don't give up, and keep moving. A stationary target, is a dead target." She said simply, again stepping in front of Syo as the wolf went to attack. It bit down on her arm, hard. However her damage mitigation eroded all but a single point of damage. Mari flung her arm forward - and the wolf dislodged his teeth, jumping back as it growled at the two.

"Aim between it's eyes." Mari suggested toward Syo.

Mob Dice: 10-2=8 Critical Success

Mari: 78/79 HP