[PP-F6] A Rose in the Spring (Mari)

Invisible strokes painted a waterfall against the dark canvas of his mind. He breathed in deeply and welcomed the life-sustaining substance into his lungs. There, the precious breath was held, until it could be held no more. Only then was it released- returned to the air from whence it came.

His hands felt clammy, and he was faintly aware of of the misty layer of moisture which coated them. But the rumble of running water drowned out the bulk of this awareness, along with most other sensations.

It'd been quite some time since he'd last visited this place. "I'll admit, I'm not sure why I don't visit it more often. Perhaps it's because the last time I came here, I was forced to literally face my demons." He exhaled again, and felt his troubles slip away, as if being carried by some unseen force. As if being washed away in the river of time.

He opened his eyes, and gave himself a moment to take in the beautiful sight that stretched before him. Water coursed forward through smoothed, black boulders before flowing off the edge of the cliffside. At the base of the falls existed a pool of water as clean and as blue as any he'd ever seen. Beyond that lay the luscious greenery of the jungle, which glowed with the vibrancy of life.

"It's certainly quite a view, isn't it?" asked Azide. A faint hiss served to answer his question, as Lucifer snaked its way through the sleeve of his coat, and began to coil around the length of his arm. The creature adjusted its long and slender body so that it first locked eyes with its owner, then peered out over the water's edge.

He closed his eyes once more as a smile crept its way across closed lips. "Hopefully our friend Mari will find this place just as lovely as we do."

The verdant serpent turned its head as it was spoken to, and simply flicked its tongue in reply.

Mari wasn't one to receive many messages, and when she did - they were often death threats. Requests for bounties, or bodyguard work. So when she received a message, from Azide of all people. It left her somewhat curious. The last time she had seen him would have been during and after the events that occurred on the first floor, if you did not include a very brief meeting during a young boys birthday celebration. Mari had the impression that Azide did not look upon her too fondly.  Which didn't exactly bother her, it appeared that no one looked upon her in such a way. Even Daeron, who claimed to love her - tended to treat her with a cold hostility.

Mari stepped on an overgrown root, being sure not to trip over; as she made her way to the meeting point. Is this what the world had come to? Such cold hostilities? A world where pleasantries were but a mere illusion. Was it the mental anguish caused from being trapped within an online game, or was this the true face of gritty reality? 

The pink haired players nose wrinkled at the scent of moisture in the air; she knew she was close. She had been following the sounds of a waterfall for some time now, seemingly circling around an area of dense vegetation. Azide either wanted their meeting to be private; or perhaps he just wanted to annoy her with setting a difficult to find location as their meeting place. Mari sighed. She couldn't place all the blame on him. She was, after all, horrendous with directions. 

Pushing away a low hanging branch she found him. Azide sat casually upon a smooth rock by the side of a bubbling creek; the waterfall cascading just mere metres behind him. His eyes focused on a snake that had coiled around his arm. 

"Interesting place." Mari said as she approached him, "Almost as interesting as a message from you is intriguing." She said again. Locking azure eyes with his before turning her gaze away; glancing around for a place to sit. She found a rock, almost directly opposite Azide. She sat down, one leg straight the other curled up against her chest as she wrapped her arms around it, placing her chin on her knee. "Which brings me to the question, why did you message me?"