Paving the way to Floor 11

Finally, all the guardians were easily defeated. As Rebekah turned to face the heads, both Cro and Shark had missed their attacks completely, thus making her think are these heads really that strong. As she heard Shark talk, she could not think but feel a bit annoyed. Rebekah does not like listening to other people tell her what to do, especially in these boss raids, when it was something as simple as let's continue chunking it down bit by bit. This was especially after he had zoned out the last few attacks in this raid. But she was going to show her frustration at all, there was no time for internal conflicts, but rather to put up with it and continue. As she faced the heads, she thought about being the first to find a way to land an attack on them, but similar to the other two, she was having no luck. Perhaps these heads are too strong, making all of them miss three attacks in a row, or they have not found a weakness to exploit.

[iD=17211]

BD=1

CD=10 (+1 HP)

Yamata No Orochi

Head 1 20/20 HP

Head 2 20/20 HP

head 3 20/20 HP

Head 4 20/20 HP

Head 5 20/20 HP

Head 6 20/20 HP

Head 7 20/20 HP

Head 8 20/20 HP

Players

Mari 82/89 HP

Crozeph 47/61 HP

Shark 37/71 HP

Rebekah 52/67HP

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NB: The Yamata will hit whoever the loot dice lands on in sequential order. Mari:1, Crozeph 2, Shark 3, Rebekah 4. Etc. etc.

ID: 17298  BD: 10 LD 12

Armor Buster: Ignores armor defensive effects on the roll of a 9 or 10.

Katana Slashes: 6 damage on 6-8, 7 damage on a 9 and 8 damage on a 10.

The Orochi did not seem fazed or bothered by the eventual downfall of its Guardians. It simply took two steps forward, towering down over the blonde known as Rebekah. It lifted up its Katana's in two, large, bulky hands and thrust them down upon the girl. Deep red gashes appeared on her lithe body, as the attack tore through any sort of armor she may have possessed. The Orochi remained close, its heads each focusing on a different player. Ready for their retaliation.

Yamata No Orochi

Head 1 20/20 HP
Head 2 20/20 HP
head 3 20/20 HP
Head 4 20/20 HP
Head 5 20/20 HP

Head 6 20/20 HP
Head 7 20/20 HP
Head 8 20/20 HP

Players
Mari  
82/89 HP
Crozeph 47/61 HP 
Shark 37/71 HP   
Rebekah  43/67HP   

ID: 17299 BD: 10   13  + 2 critical = 15 damage

Mari felt a wave of relief, and satisfaction run over her when she watched the final guardian fall. She didn't even seem bothered as the Orochi stalked forward, its massive form towering high over them. It's target wasn't her, she could see that easily. It's movements were big, and wide - almost slow moving. Still, it packed a very powerful blow. Mari made a mental note to be mindful of it. 

The Orochi was too close for her to initiate her charge attack; not that it mattered. Unlike the guardians, who were seperate entities. Mari only had one chance to charge the Yamata, and she wanted to save it for when the beast was on lower health. She had put in so much work into this battle. Crafting up health crystals, damage crystals, she had even dealt the most damage thus far. She was not going to have another incident where the final blow would be taken from her, with Zelrius killing the Hydra, dealing the final blow of a single hit point.

No...that was not going to happen again.

Mari sprinted forward, scrambling up onto one of its massive arms. She reached its shoulders , before the beast tried to fling her off - Mari just managed to catch her dagger into the base of one of its many necks. It tore a big gash down the side of its scaly hide before she dropped to the floor with an 'oof'

Yamata No Orochi

Head 1 5/20 HP
Head 2 20/20 HP
head 3 20/20 HP
Head 4 20/20 HP
Head 5 20/20 HP

Head 6 20/20 HP
Head 7 20/20 HP
Head 8 20/20 HP

Players
Mari  
82/89 HP
Crozeph 47/61 HP 
Shark 37/71 HP   
Rebekah  43/67HP   

ID: 17391 BD: 9 Critical 

9 damage

Crozeph moved his left arm crazily, he was trying to pull himself together as he watched the others attack. The boss seem to have so many heads that it can focus on anyone anytime it wants to. Crozeph stood up and gripped the hilt of his sword tight "I'll try finishing that head off" he said. Crozeph moved forward, fast enough and his sword ready to sink in on the head Mari just attacked. His speed starts picking up as he draws nearer to the Orochi and then suddenly... Crozeph jumped and tried aiming at its eye "just a little mor..." Crozeph spun around, hoping to dodge anything that it might throw him and slashed at the head wounding it with a fatal blow. Crozeph landed on the ground rolling away from the Orochi "did I hit it?" he said as he began breathing fast.

Yamata No Orochi

Head 1 0/20 HP
Head 2 20/20 HP
head 3 20/20 HP
Head 4 20/20 HP
Head 5 20/20 HP

Head 6 20/20 HP
Head 7 20/20 HP
Head 8 20/20 HP

Players
Mari  
82/89 HP
Crozeph 47/61 HP 
Shark 37/71 HP   
Rebekah  43/67HP   

The boss fight was going very smooth and all acording to plan minus my little hiccup that neary got everyone killed. I knew that after that, I had to focus and make the best out of a bad situation. I needed to get back in the zone and play my part in this boss battle. I readied my charge skill and just stared in the boss' general direction... or so I thought. I made a rather cautious approach and listened to the boss movements, just like I have been practicing. 

ID: 17393, LD 14

I went for a swing at the boss and missed terribly. After my little hiccup, I couldn't really focus right. Every chance I have had to attack these past few chances, My little episode has gotten into my head and causing me to lose focus. I began to doubt my ability to lead if this is what is going to happen every time. I looked around at my allies and felt guilty. Sorry guys, I'm letting you down. I don't think I am fit to be a guild leader anymore. I said as I went back and sat up against the wall. I saw my health bar go up very little because of my battle healing skill.

Yamata No Orochi

Head 1 0/20 HP
Head 2 20/20 HP
head 3 20/20 HP
Head 4 20/20 HP
Head 5 20/20 HP

Head 6 20/20 HP
Head 7 20/20 HP
Head 8 20/20 HP

Players
Mari  
82/89 HP
Crozeph 47/61 HP 
Shark 38/71 HP   
Rebekah  43/67HP   

[OOC: On mobile, sorry for not copying the font (bold) for the duration of this boss fight]

As she turned to face the monster, it had struck her once again. As she looked at the rest of the battle group, Mari was the de facto leader of the group, being not only the strongest player, dealing the most damage while taking the least. She knew that she had a long way to go, as the gap between them in power was far apart. As she thought about it some more, Rebekah should just give up her goal of trying to be the vest female player with the mocking maverick and the pink potion player killer.

However, Rebekah was stubborn, and would have to settle for somewhere down the pecking order. She would like an unique weapon, but she knew that Mari deserved this one the most. All she could hope for was to pick up most of the slack. She turned towards the second head and strucked it with herbrapier for nearly half of its health. "Maybe they are not so invincible after all, since they could be attacked."

[iD=17447]

BD=5+3-2=6; Damage=9

CD=12 (+1 HP)

Yamata No Orochi

Head 1 0/20 HP

Head 2 11/20 HP

head 3 20/20 HP

Head 4 20/20 HP

Head 5 20/20 HP

Head 6 20/20 HP

Head 7 20/20 HP

Head 8 20/20 HP

Players

Mari 82/89 HP

Crozeph 47/61 HP

Shark 38/71 HP

Rebekah 44/67HP

ID:17640  BD: 5 + 2 = 7  LD:10-Target Crozeph

Katana Slashes: 6 damage on 6-8, 7 damage on a 9 and 8 damage on a 10.

The Orochi violently shook its heads as it was attacked, only half the attacks managed to land and do any sort of serious damage. The Orochi's heads were still divided, one watching Mari, two watching Crozeph, two watching Shark, and two on Rebekah. It lifted its heavy blades once again, and bore them down onto Crozeph. Without skipping a beat.  The last head, hung limp, swinging side to side on the ground.

All the while, purple smoke poured from its nostrils.

Yamata No Orochi

Head 1 0/20 HP
Head 2 11/20 HP
head 3 20/20 HP
Head 4 20/20 HP
Head 5 20/20 HP

Head 6 20/20 HP
Head 7 20/20 HP
Head 8 20/20 HP

Players
Mari  
82/89 HP
Crozeph 44/61 HP 
Shark 38/71 HP   
Rebekah  44/67HP   

ID:17643 BD: 8  13 Damage

Mari had her fair share of talking during this fight. She wasn't sure what had shaken Shark so much. Or why he assumed he had taken the lead in this battle. Mari was the one who had first arrived, Mari had found the boss floor, she chaired the meeting. Mari was the one who had lead the others into the room, and into the fray. 

However, she wasn't going to assume responsibility for the others. She wasn't going to be as bull headed as to claim herself undisputed leader. Each person came here of their own accord. They, and only they, were in charge of their own actions. Mari took a deep breath and blew a puff of air, blowing a strand of hair out of her face. 

"If he wants ta go sit and mope, then he should just leave." Mari muttered. She then ran toward the Yamata  No Orochi - Aiming for its second head now - She had to kick up off the ground, her jump barely landing her high enough to dig the dagger into the nape of the neck on the second head. Still, it was a successful hit. The head stuttered, before coming crashing down, just like the first. 

Two heads down.... six to go.

Yamata No Orochi

Head 1 0/20 HP
Head 2 0/20 HP
head 3 20/20 HP
Head 4 20/20 HP
Head 5 20/20 HP

Head 6 20/20 HP
Head 7 20/20 HP
Head 8 20/20 HP

Players
Mari  
82/89 HP
Crozeph 44/61 HP 
Shark 38/71 HP   
Rebekah  44/67HP   

Crozeph let out a deep breath as he stood a good distance away from the Orochi after the attack he just received. He knew that his unrefined movements will soon be one of the reasons the Orochi will take as an advantage and right now it even manage to hit him leaving no choice for Crozeph to at least act. He pointed his sword down and charged, aiming at the next head they need to kill. Unlike what he did earlier, he didn't want to be predictable in the eye of the Orochi. Crozeph rolled down and slashed upward wounding one of the Orochi heads landing a weak but clean blow. As soon as he finished attacking, Crozeph raised his sword like a shield, ready for defending himself fron the boss.

ID: 18062  BD: 8 - 2 + 2 = 6 success

8 damage

Yamata No Orochi

Head 1 0/20 HP
Head 2 0/20 HP
head 3 12/20 HP
Head 4 20/20 HP
Head 5 20/20 HP

Head 6 20/20 HP
Head 7 20/20 HP
Head 8 20/20 HP

Players
Mari  
82/89 HP
Crozeph 44/61 HP 
Shark 38/71 HP   
Rebekah  44/67HP  

I sat and took some deep breaths so I could get my head back on straight. I saw my health casually increase so I know I would live through this battle without an issue. I looked at my equipment and saw that they were still in top notch condition. I looked around and saw everyone else doing a number on the heads. I realized that I haven't done much in the overall fight due to my lack of concentration and awareness. This  was the first time that a boss room wasn't lit up, the situation and pressure is different from that of training in the dark. A lot more is at stake in a floor boss fight. Lives are on the line, the mental strength for different players are starting to peak, etc... Alright, I think I got this now. I have done my yoga and am back in this fight now that I have straightened out my mind. Let's take this son of a **** down! I said as I tried to encourage and push forward the participants of this fight. I charged up my sword and readied my charge skill. I ran to the boss and swung as hard as I possibly could, hoping to land a critical hit and take a good chunk of health away. 

I swung and felt nothing but air. Damn it, I need to land something. I started feeling bad that I couldn't land a hit. I felt that if anyone died here, then I would have to take full responsibility for their death. I knew that Mari wouldn't because she just cares about herself and wouldn't worry about the lives of others. I wanted to keep everyone's spirits up so I turned to look at the players, Don't give up quite yet guys. We can take this thing down with health to spare. Keep your heads on tight and stay focused. One slight lack of focus can spell disaster, I just got lucky is all. We can do this! I said while keeping a determined look in my eyes.

ID: 18164, 5 - 2 = Fail, LD 16

Yamata No Orochi

Head 1 0/20 HP
Head 2 0/20 HP
head 3 12/20 HP
Head 4 20/20 HP
Head 5 20/20 HP

Head 6 20/20 HP
Head 7 20/20 HP
Head 8 20/20 HP

Players
Mari  
82/89 HP
Crozeph 44/61 HP 
Shark 39/71 HP   
Rebekah  44/67HP  

As the battle dragged on, she had been wondering about Shark. He did not look at all like himself, but was rather having a pretty bad day. In fact, most of them were feeling the same thing in this boss raid. This had to be one of the smallest raid parties ever to take on a boss, and while she could start to loosen up a little, she still needed to pay attention. She could not recall the number of times she was able to successfully land an attack was a lot less than what she was normally accustomed to. However, Mari was not having any difficulties so she should not be worried just yet. Besides, 2 of he heads were already dead, and just a few remained in front of them.

What Rebekah lacked was her ability to land the critical attacks when she needed to in crucial situations. As she looked at the 3rd head, she put all her effort into trying to kill it, but even with her landing a critical strike, she was just short. She wanted to swear, but decided to hold it in, as that would be unladylike.

[iD=18190]

BD=10+3-2=11; Damage=9+2=11

CD=9

Yamata No Orochi

Head 1 0/20 HP

Head 2 0/20 HP

head 3 1/20 HP

Head 4 20/20 HP

Head 5 20/20 HP

Head 6 20/20 HP

Head 7 20/20 HP

Head 8 20/20 HP

Players

Mari 82/89 HP

Crozeph 44/61 HP

Shark 39/71 HP

Rebekah 44/67HP

ID: 18194 BD:8  

Poisonous Breath (Only usable every 12 player turns, ): An AOE attack that inflicts temporary poisoning to all players in the room causing -2 HP for 3 turns.

Two of the Orochi's heads were now hanging limply. It took a deep breath - ensuring its distance was kept from the others. Most were becoming far too complacent. The hardest hitters were the females of the group. The pink one, and the one with hair the colour of the sun. There was a moment of silence in the room - before a loud hiss  began to escape from the Orochi's nostrils and mouths - as thick, purple mist once again began to fill the room. 

It was a noxious, toxic gas - and the best way to afflict all the users present with a deadly poison, inhibiting their attacks and slowly whittling away at their health.

Yamata No Orochi

Head 1 0/20 HP
Head 2 0/20 HP
head 3 1/20 HP
Head 4 20/20 HP
Head 5 20/20 HP

Head 6 20/20 HP
Head 7 20/20 HP
Head 8 20/20 HP

Players
Mari  
82/89 HP  Poison -2 HP for 3/3 turns
Crozeph 44/61 HP Poison -2 HP for 3/3 turns
Shark 39/71 HP   Poison -2 HP for 3/3 turns
Rebekah  44/67HP  Poison -2 HP for 3/3 turns

ID:18196 BD: 5 + 3 = 8 SUCCESS

Mari couldn't help but roll her eyes at Sharks speech. "Don't give up?" Mari asked as she turned on her heel, walking backward toward the Orochi. She wagged a finger at Shark, almost as though she was chastizing him. "Now, now Sharkie you were the one who was slumpin' against the wall going on about being a failure. Stop flip flopping around. It's such a bother." She turned back to the Yamata No Orochi, covering her mouth with her palm, not that it did much against the noxious fumes. The closer she got to it, the harder it became to breathe and see. Her eyes stung. Mari stifled a cough as she swiped at the base of the Orochi's neck - and as it would seem, yet another head fell.

3 heads down, 5 to go. They were very quickly defeating the Orochi. Mari still had her charge skill up her sleeve for this boss too. It was only a matter of time till it was killed.

Yamata No Orochi

Head 1 0/20 HP

Head 2 0/20 HP

head 3 0/20 HP

Head 4 20/20 HP

Head 5 20/20 HP

Head 6 20/20 HP

Head 7 20/20 HP

Head 8 20/20 HP

Players

Mari 80/89 HP Poison -2 HP for 3/3 turns

Crozeph 44/61 HP Poison -2 HP for 3/3 turns

Shark 39/71 HP Poison -2 HP for 3/3 turns

Rebekah 44/67HP Poison -2 HP for 3/3 turns

Player Crozeph is skipped and looses 5HP + 2 poison Damage
Shark has 24 hours to post

Yamata No Orochi
Head 1 0/20 HP
Head 2 0/20 HP
head 3 0/20 HP
Head 4 20/20 HP
Head 5 20/20 HP

Head 6 20/20 HP
Head 7 20/20 HP
Head 8 20/20 HP

Players
Mari 
80/89 HP Poison -2 HP for 2/3 turns
Crozeph 37/61 HP Poison -2 HP for 2/3 turns
Shark 39/71 HP Poison -2 HP for 3/3 turns
Rebekah 44/67HP Poison -2 HP for 3/3 turns

I had been trying to get focused on the battle so I could land some strong hits to help get things going when all of a sudden Corzeph didn't even budge. I was wondering what had happened, then I remembered when I zoned out. Maybe it's best to leave this one alone since it seems to be a little mind space. I said to myself. I looked around and saw Mari and Rebekah trying their hardest, Here goes nothing! I said to myself as I bolted around the boss. I charged my sword and prepared for an attack.

ID: 18421 Miss

I swung in the air and caught nothing but. I was starting to get furious that I couldn't hit anything. I lost my concentration when I had that hiccup and it has been bugging me the entire time. I needed to try to forget about what happened and stay positive. one negative comment could make the difference of life or death. Let's go guys! We can do this! Don't give up hope. Mari, Rebekah, let's take this thing down quickly and go get some drinks on the next floor! I said as I tried to stay level headed and not screw up everyone's concentration.

Yamata No Orochi
Head 1 0/20 HP
Head 2 0/20 HP
head 3 0/20 HP
Head 4 20/20 HP
Head 5 20/20 HP

Head 6 20/20 HP
Head 7 20/20 HP
Head 8 20/20 HP

Players
Mari 
Crozeph 37/61 HP Poison -2 HP for 2/3 turns
Shark 42/71 HP Poison -2 HP for 3/3 turns

As Rebekah turned to face the last five heads, she thought what was up with the guys today. Their performance today was rather lackluster to say the least. Yet another round of battle with only the two girls dealing the majority of the damage. As she turned to face the boss, she wondered, was there anything she could do to wake them up? She faced the next head, by now she had already zoned out of anything either Shark or Cro was saying if they said anything at all. They were beginning to feel like a liability in battle, but they offered then an extra few targets for the boss to attack to say the least. They were about halfway done with these heads, and she turned to strike it with ease. This is how a battle should be for high level players such as this group, but those two were having a lot more trouble than they should.

[iD=18455]

BD=8+3-2=9 (no crit); Damage=9

CD=2

Yamata No Orochi

Head 1 0/20 HP

Head 2 0/20 HP

head 3 0/20 HP

Head 4 11/20 HP

Head 5 20/20 HP

Head 6 20/20 HP

Head 7 20/20 HP

Head 8 20/20 HP

Players

Mari 80/89 HP Poison -2 HP for 2/3 turns

Crozeph 37/61 HP Poison -2 HP for 2/3 turns

Shark 39/71 HP Poison -2 HP for 3/3 turns

Rebekah 42/67HP Poison -2 HP for 2/3 turns

ID: 18468   BD:8 + 2 =10   LD: 18 - Crozeph
Tachi Slashes: 5 damage on a 6-8, 6 damage on a 9 and 7 damage on a 10

The Orochi stepped forward - bringing down one of its large swords hard against the player that idled. Foolish players - that made two now...who had lagged behind in the battle. What fools, if they weren't careful- they would die. The Yamata had collided with Crozeph, and satisfied with its hit. Took a step back.

Its few remaining heads turning to look at one of the large barrels that had been idly resting by it's side for the duration of the battle. The Yamata No Orochi picked it up, and held it high over its heads. It began to drink from the item. And a HP bar appeared above the barrel. 

Healing Rum: Grabs one of the two kegs and drinks its content, healing 5 HP on its turn until the kegs are destroyed by players. Kegs can't be hit while not in use by the boss. The kegs HP is 40 each and Orochi cannot be hit while it is healing. Players cannot heal themselves or use healing items while the Healing Rum is in use. 

Healing Rum

40/40

Yamata No Orochi 

Head 1 0/20 HP
Head 2 0/20 HP
head 3 0/20 HP
Head 4 16/20 HP
Head 5 20/20 HP

Head 6 20/20 HP
Head 7 20/20 HP
Head 8 20/20 HP

Players
Mari 
Crozeph 33/61 HP Poison -2 HP for 2/3 turns

ID:18469  BD: 5 + 3 = 8      13 Base + 3 charge = 16 Total Damage

Mari was impressed with Rebekah, mildly impressed with Crozeph - although that quickly fell with his lull in the fight, and just plain pissed off at Shark, and his continued attempts to rally the players. Despite his own failure and constant slacking off in the fight. Mari sighed, as she scratched the side of her cheek. She stiffled a coughing fit as the poison mist continued to whittle away at her HP, it had done the most damage to her thus far. 

The friggen poison was affecting her more than any attack had.

Mari watched as the Yamata attacked Crozeph, she wasn't too bothered. That was, until - the Yamata picked up a barrel and started to drink from it. It's HP slowly began to recover,Mari grit her teeth. It would appear they had to attack the rum barrel first, before being able to attack the Yamata again. 

Mari decided she may as well use this chance to heal herself- but as she tried to do so, she realized she couldn't. Mari's eyes widened as she came to a realization. "Ahhh...We can't heal, until that barrel is destroyed. Nor can we attack the Yamata. That's fine by me." She said, as she lowered herself into a stance, ready to strike. she was still going to save her charge on the Yamata till it only had a few heads left. But this stupid keg of what Mari assumed was rum? That was toast. 

Mari sprinted forth, charging at full speed, darting under one of its arms she threw her dagger hard into the keg. It struck, dealing significant damage before falling back down, Mari caught it in her hand, and backtracked to the small group of players. The battle just got longer.

Healing Rum

24/40

Yamata No Orochi 

Head 1 0/20 HP
Head 2 0/20 HP
head 3 0/20 HP
Head 4 16/20 HP
Head 5 20/20 HP

Head 6 20/20 HP
Head 7 20/20 HP
Head 8 20/20 HP

Players
Mari 
78/89 HP Poison -2 HP for 2/3 turns
Crozeph 33/61 HP Poison -2 HP for 2/3 turns

Player Crozeph is skipped and looses 5HP + 2 poison Damage
Shark has 24 hours to post

Healing Rum

24/40

Yamata No Orochi 

Head 1 0/20 HP
Head 2 0/20 HP
head 3 0/20 HP
Head 4 16/20 HP
Head 5 20/20 HP

Head 6 20/20 HP
Head 7 20/20 HP
Head 8 20/20 HP

Players
Mari 
78/89 HP Poison -2 HP for 1/3 turns
Crozeph 26/61 HP Poison -2 HP for 1/3 turns
Shark 42/71 HP Poison -2 HP for 2/3 turns
Rebekah 42/67HP Poison -2 HP for 2/3 turns

I looked around and saw Mari's expression as Crozeph has done the same thing I have done in this battle. I then realized that I probably wasn't the most liked person in the room besides the Boss. I had to start worrying about myself and not the others. Mari clearly likes to do things her own way and not worry about anyone but herself. I however am a person who looks out for others before I look out for myself. 

I looked at the boss then looked at ,my health. I saw him drink a barrel so I thought this would be a good chance to strike. I charged my sword and activated my sprint skill to give me the evasive advantage. I ran around the boss until I felt an opening. I ran and jumped at the boss but missed completely. Upon landing, I noticed my health go up a point because of my battle healing skill. Gaahh... I can't land a thing and no one wants to worry about anyone but themselves... just great. I said to myself as no one was worried about anyone else in the fight. C'mon Cro, we can still turn the tides on this fight. I told Crozeph as I tried to get him to focus before he gets himself killed.

ID: 18635, BD- 2, LD 16

Healing Rum

24/40

Yamata No Orochi 

Head 1 0/20 HP
Head 2 0/20 HP
head 3 0/20 HP
Head 4 16/20 HP
Head 5 20/20 HP

Head 6 20/20 HP
Head 7 20/20 HP
Head 8 20/20 HP