Paving the way to Floor 11

Crozeph covered his mouth with the sleeve of his coat as soon as he saw the mist scatter around them "curses! this poison breath is unto us again" he muttered. Crozeph knew that his HP wasn't as good as it was and the poison breath is just going to make it the worst. Crozeph held his breath and charged at the Orochi. Crozeph aimed at the head Mari attack "such stubborn head" he thought. Crozeph was about to strike it when he was stopped by a sudden cough. Crozeph fell to his knee and began coughing wildly, he inhaled a lot of it as he tried to release his attack "almost there" he thought. Crozeph tried to take another step but failed, he needs to relax first and try to let his breath normal "next one! I can't..." Crozeph coughed "...I can't take another step with this poison I breath in" he told them.

ID: 20526  BD: 3 + 2 - 2 = 3 Fail

Yamata No Orochi 

Head 1 0/20 HP
Head 2 0/20 HP
head 3 0/20 HP

Head 4 0/20 HP
Head 5 6/20 HP

Head 6 20/20 HP
Head 7 20/20 HP
Head 8 20/20 HP

Players
Mari 
78/89 HP  
Poison -2 HP for 2/3 turns
Crozeph 23/61 HP Poison -2 HP for 2/3 turns
Shark 24/71 HP Poison -2 HP for 3/3 turns
Rebekah 42/67HP Poison -2 HP for 3/3 turns

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally snapped back into the motion of things. I couldn't figure out what was causing my lack of focus. This time, I chose to stay to myself before I got more crap from the others for being a hypocrite. Gahh... What's going on with me?! I should get away from everyone when this is over for training and personal mind strengthening. I said as I sized up the remaining heads. Alright, I gotta land something here. I said as I activated my sprint skill and readied my charge skill. I felt good with the start to this attack. I circled the boss a few times and felt a clear opening to attack. I jumped up and pushed off the wall to get some more power. I aimed at the 5th head and swung for the fences. I felt solid contact across the head of the boss. Finally! I got one! I said as I landed on the other side. 

As soon as I landed, I felt my equipment boost and my battle healing skill kick in and replenish some of my lost energy.

ID: 20643, BD 10 - 2 = 8, LD 19

Yamata No Orochi 

Head 1 0/20 HP
Head 2 0/20 HP
head 3 0/20 HP

Head 4 0/20 HP
Head 5 0/20 HP

Head 6 20/20 HP
Head 7 20/20 HP
Head 8 20/20 HP

Players
Mari 
78/89 HP  
Shark 26/71 HP Poison -2 HP for 23 turns
Rebekah 42/67HP Poison -2 HP for 3/3 turns

Shark had snaped back into reality, which was important since he was losing health points at an alarming rate before. She did not want to burn all her health crystals just to keep him alive, so this would stop the bleeding. Besides he killed off a head which was nice, but that dreaded last hit was sure on everyone's mind. Although it would be nice to score another item, she knew that it would be best if they all escaped the floor afterward. Mari had carried them hard in this boss fight, in a party of four people, one of the smallest raid parties ever.

Rebekah turned to the sixth head and struck it with her basic combo that had worked for her continuously throughout the battle. She had simplified a lot of the work in this battle, as the more complex she moves the harder it was for her to land an attack.

[iD=20682]

BD=8+3-2=8 (no crit)

CD=7

Yamata No Orochi

Head 1 0/20 HP

Head 2 0/20 HP

head 3 0/20 HP

Head 4 0/20 HP

Head 5 0/20 HP

Head 6 12/20 HP

Head 7 20/20 HP

Head 8 20/20 HP

Players

Mari 78/89 HP Poison -2 HP for 2/3 turns

Crozeph 23/61 HP Poison -2 HP for 2/3 turns

Shark 26/71 HP Poison -2 HP for 23 turns

Rebekah 40/67HP Poison -2 HP for 2/3 turns

ID: 20897 BD: 7+2-2=7  LD:20 - Rebekah
Katana Slashes: 6 damage on 6-8, 7 damage on a 9 and 8 damage on a 10.

It seemed as though the players were finally beginning to pick up their game, and make their moves. Although the majority of them were dangerously low on health. The Orochi lifted one of its large, muscular arms and with it, bought down the large Katana blade that it held down onto the blonde player, known as Rebekah. Her armour managed to mitigate part of the damage, still, the hit was a success - and the poison was ever slowly whittling away at their health. Soon, soon there would be a death amongst the players.

Yamata No Orochi 

Head 1 0/20 HP
Head 2 0/20 HP
head 3 0/20 HP

Head 4 0/20 HP
Head 5 0/20 HP

Head 6 12/20 HP
Head 7 20/20 HP
Head 8 20/20 HP

Players
Mari 
78/89 HP  
Shark 26/71 HP Poison -2 HP for 2/3 turns
Rebekah 37/67HP Poison -2 HP for 3/3 turns

ID: 20899 BD: 8  + 3 = SUCCESS   13 Damage

Mari gave a heavy sigh, it seemed that Shark had FINALLY snapped out of whatever stupour he was in. "About time..." Mari mumbled, as she wiped away the tears that formed at the corner of her stinging eyes. The poisonous gas was overbearing, and never ending. Mari's hunch was right. As soon as the effects would wear off, the Orochi would blast them all again. It was a devious and successful tactic. It was slowly whittling away at the players. Some, more than others. Specifically Shark and Crozeph, whose HP bars had both dipped into the red. Rebekah's was in the yellow. It seemed as though Mari was the only one who still had a healthy green bar of HP.

"Bet ya are wishing you listened to me now mm?" She asked, turning to Shark and Crozeph. "Now ya just gotta hope one o' us girls are nice enough to heal you eh?" Mari shrugged, as she turned to dash toward the Orochi. Once again, repeating the process of using the large boulders dotted around the field to give her the much needed leverage to attack the heads. Her strike hit, cleaving through the fleshy neck of the Yamata No Orochi, it fell to the floor with a loud 'thud'

Just two heads to go.

Yamata No Orochi 

Head 1 0/20 HP
Head 2 0/20 HP
head 3 0/20 HP

Head 4 0/20 HP
Head 5 0/20 HP

Head 6 0/20 HP
Head 7 20/20 HP
Head 8 20/20 HP

Players
Mari 
76/89 HP  
Poison -2 HP for 1/3 turns

Crozeph inched forward, still coughing "it turned on Rebekah now" he thought. Crozeph could see that his health is the one who's in real danger, he's the player with the lowest level in the bunch so there's that and now the Orochi didn't mind him but the poison is doing its job well. Crozeph gave one last cough as he tries to clear his lungs of the poison he inhaled and the battle healing skill he has seem to have stopped it from making him take further damage for now. Crozeph charged forward and attacked the next head, he kept on missing lately and if he did it again "I'd probably have to make another approach on how to kill it off" he thought. Crozeph planted his left foot forward and slashed at the seventh head but failed to sink his katana on the skin of the beast. Crozeph lost balance as he hit air and tried to roll away from the Orochi "I keep screwing up lately" he mumbled and then gave a smile to Mari "I don't really have to defend myself on what you said, neither can I say that you're wrong" he told her "if you'll heal me that would be nice but if not or not yet..." Crozeph kept his eyes on the Orochi "I just have to deal with it" he added.

ID: 20905 BD: 3 + 2 - 2 = 3 fail CD: 12 - 2 = 10

Battle Healing + 2 HP

Yamata No Orochi 

Head 1 0/20 HP
Head 2 0/20 HP
head 3 0/20 HP

Head 4 0/20 HP
Head 5 0/20 HP

Head 6 0/20 HP
Head 7 20/20 HP
Head 8 20/20 HP

Players
Mari 
76/89 HP  
Crozeph 23/61 HP Poison -2 HP for 1/3 turns

I ignored Mari and her rude remarks. I couldn't let her ruin my focus with her foul mouth. It was bad enough that everyone was giving everyone else crap. We should just work together to beat this thing. Not attack each other. This group was falling apart. I won't let anyone down anymore! Let's work as a team now! I said as I charged toward one of the two remaining heads. I tried to swing but missed.

Damn!

I said as I went back to the group. Hearing that Crozeph needed to be healed. I know we stuffed up and didn't bring potions but please heal him. We do not want anyone to die in this fight.

I knew my health was low too, but I would make it up to my team. Even if I had to sacrifice myself to do so. I just hoped that one of the girls would listen and heal him.

ID:20908 , BD 5 - 2 = 3 , LD: 7

Yamata No Orochi 

Head 1 0/20 HP
Head 2 0/20 HP
head 3 0/20 HP

Head 4 0/20 HP
Head 5 0/20 HP

Head 6 0/20 HP
Head 7 20/20 HP
Head 8 20/20 HP

Players
Mari 
76/89 HP  
Shark 24/71 HP Poison -2 HP for 1/3 turns

The boys had asked to be healed. However, with two heads left, she knew this was not the time to heal them. If they were to drop below two-tenths of their healthy, she would heal them, as she been monitoring everyone's health bar the entire time. It was rare for her to keep focusing into that, but that was because she has been the other primary damage dealer in this fight, being able to consistently put up her fair share. The other two however, had been struggling for most of this fight, and while she could not blame them, they need to focus more, especially Shark, a veteran of these fights. If she recalled correctly, this was both Mari and her second floor raid, and Cro's first.

[iD=20937]

BD=1

CD=1

Yamata No Orochi

Head 1 0/20 HP

Head 2 0/20 HP

head 3 0/20 HP

Head 4 0/20 HP

Head 5 0/20 HP

Head 6 0/20 HP

Head 7 20/20 HP

Head 8 20/20 HP

Players

Mari 76/89 HP Poison -2 HP for 1/3 turns

Crozeph 23/61 HP Poison -2 HP for 1/3 turns

Shark 24/71 HP Poison -2 HP for 1/3 turns

Rebekah 35/67HP Poison -2 HP for 1/3 turns

ID: 21088 BD: 3 LD: 9 - Mari
Katana Slashes: 6 damage on 6-8, 7 damage on a 9 and 8 damage on a 10.

Yamata was getting impatient, it was down to two heads and none of the players had fallen yet. It was a wonder if it was ever going to kill any of them at the rate it was going. The Orochi lifted it's katana arm high above the players below it and with an empowered swing the shrill of its blade pierced the room aimed directly at the disdainful pink haired leader. It put so much force into it's attack that it had diverted to the wrong side and with a mild misjudgement the attack missed completely, only serving to cause a gust of wind to blow across the battle field and shake the ground the players trespassed on. 

Yamata No Orochi 

Head 1 0/20 HP
Head 2 0/20 HP
head 3 0/20 HP

Head 4 0/20 HP
Head 5 0/20 HP

Head 6 0/20 HP
Head 7 20/20 HP
Head 8 20/20 HP

Players
Mari 
76/89 HP  
Rebekah 32/67HP Poison -2 HP for 1/3 turns

ID:21162   BD:5 + 3 = 8 SUCCESS  13 Damage + 3 charge = 16

Mari gave a heavy sigh, all three....all three of them missed. How? HOW? Mari covered her mouth, coughing  into her cupped hand, the poison still wreaking minor havoc on her body. It was a minor nuisance. The others were all flailing around in the dark, without the Night Vision skill it was a wonder that they could hit anything. Mari bit her lip. At this rate; the battle would be over, and at this rate - she'd loose again, by a single hit. 

Last time Zelrius had stolen the hit from her, this time? It may just be Shark or Rebekah. Mari furrowed her brow, gritting her teeth. She lowered her body as it looked like the Yamata no Orochi would attack her. She braced herself for an attack, but it missed. Mari blinked, there was a rumble, followed by a few moments of silence before the sounds of her footsteps broke the silence, as she charged; finally activating her charge skill - her dagger sunk deep into the flesh of the beast, and it gave a large roar as she had almost wiped out a head in a single blow. It wouldn't take long now.

Head 1 0/20 HP
Head 2 0/20 HP
head 3 0/20 HP

Head 4 0/20 HP
Head 5 0/20 HP

Head 6 0/20 HP
Head 7 4/20 HP
Head 8 20/20 HP

Players
Mari 
74/89 HP  

Mari dealt another painful blow on the head, the opposite of what happened to them. He knew he had to finish off that head before it could attack them or finish him off. Crozeph raised his sword and ran towards the dying head "too dark but I hope I can hit something" he told himself Crozeph made an upward swing and to his dismay, his sword cut through air and the momentum of his attack led to his sword going down on the floor too. His sword bounced off as it struck the floor and Crozeph almost lost balance as he stepped back "another blunder" he thought. Crozeph looked at his glove and sighed "the stat boost wasn't enough" he thought. The disadvantage, the most obvious one seem to make him look incompetent in battle, even add up his HP who's at a critical level now. Crozeph remembered that he bought one potion but hesitated to use it yet, his battle healing successfully fought the poison from taking away another part of his HP "using it now is not the right time yet plus..." Crozeph grinned "...I only have one, this battle is still far from over" he thought.

ID: 21206 BD: 5 + 2 - 2 = 5 CD: 12 - 2 = 10 

battle healing +2 HP

Head 1 0/20 HP

Head 2 0/20 HP

Head 3 0/20 HP

Head 4 0/20 HP

Head 5 0/20 HP

Head 6 0/20 HP

Head 7 4/20 HP

Head 8 20/20 HP

Players

Mari 74/89 HP  

Crozeph 23/61 HP 

I looked around at everyone and tried to make sure I had everything taken care of that was bothering me to make sure that it never happened again. â€‹I do want to apologize to everyone for my poor actions and mindset. I will do my best not to fail you all and make sure we all return safely. I said as I tried to patch things up for the remainder of the battle so we could work as a team. 

I did not want this team to fall apart just because of me. I knew what had to be done and how to execute it. I readied my charge skill and sprint skill and dashed around the boss. I focused hard on finishing the lowest head. I felt a huge opening to attack and get closer to beating the boss. I didn't care what they thought of me, I just wanted to make sure that everyone was safe and sound. 

I felt my sword cut clean through the head of the boss. Yes! I got it! I screamed as I came down on the other side, by the rest of the group. Alright team, we have one head left! Let's show this thing who's the boss! We can do this, just work together and no one will die. I said as I tried to get everyone rallied up and eager to finish this fight.

ID: 21357 BD 8-2=6 Success

Head 1 0/20 HP

Head 2 0/20 HP

Head 3 0/20 HP

Head 4 0/20 HP

Head 5 0/20 HP

Head 6 0/20 HP

Head 7 0/20 HP

Head 8 20/20 HP

Players

Mari 74/89 HP  

Crozeph 23/61 HP 

Shark 25/71 HP 

And then there was only one head left. This boss battle was finally going to be ending soon, before the rest of them would head their own way. She looked at the last head, and knew that she needed to deliver consistent damage in this fight. This was what she looked to do, as she had been more of a liability in her first floor raid, knowing this was time to show her improvemnt since then. Night vision was something that was a pain to deal with, as she should have invested into that skill, but it was not something life threatening to any of them. It was just annoying to miss a few extra attacks than she would have liked to.

She turned to Mari, "it's all yours." Fully knowing she had left enough health on it for Mari to kill it for the last hit if she can land her attack.

[iD=21458]

BD=5+3-2=6

CD=5

Head 1 0/20 HP

Head 2 0/20 HP

Head 3 0/20 HP

Head 4 0/20 HP

Head 5 0/20 HP

Head 6 0/20 HP

Head 7 0/20 HP

Head 8 12/20 HP

Players

Mari 74/89 HP

Crozeph 23/61 HP

Shark 25/71 HP

Rebekah 30/67HP

ID:20309 BD: 6  LD: 14

Poisonous Breath (Only usable every 12 player turns): An AOE attack that inflicts temporary poisoning to all players in the room causing -2 HP for 3 turns.

The Orochi was finished, and it knew it, without a dead body to show for it either. The group had done well this battle but it wasn't going to go down without giving every last bit of energy it had left. The noxious gas began to bubble at the pit of it's stomach, brewing with spite. It's final head stood, scarred and battle worn as it's other heads laid limp beside its body like the dead petals to a fallen flower. The Orochi heaved it's body back as the gas began to rise from it's core. With a tremendous effort its final head lunged forward over the players, jaws opened wide and with a blood curdling hiss it spread it's poisonous breath over the battlefield for what it assumed to be the last time. 

Yamata No Orochi 

Head 1 0/20 HP
Head 2 0/20 HP
head 3 0/20 HP
Head 4 0/20 HP
Head 5 0/20 HP

Head 6 0/20 HP
Head 7 0/20 HP
Head 8 12/20 HP

Players
Mari 
74/89 HP  
Poison -2 HP for 3/3 turns
Crozeph 23/61 HP Poison -2 HP for 3/3 turns
Shark 25/71 HP Poison -2 HP for 3/3 turns
Rebekah 30/67HP Poison -2 HP for 3/3 turns

ID: 21529 BD: 10   Damage: 13 + 2 Crit =15

People were picking up the slack again; Crozeph and Shark had snapped out of whatever stupor they were in; and joined the fray for the final push. Hit after hit landed onto the Orochi- till it had one final head remaining, more poisonous fumes seeped from the head - but they weren't nearly as effective as its previous noxious clouds, with only 1 head to its name. Mari grinned; "My, how kind o' ya Rebekah." Mari mused as she gripped her dagger tightly. Sprinting forward to the Orochi, the thought that she may, just may get the last hit in was almost exhilarating.

Mari lunged her dagger into the beast; and it screeched - the cavernous walls shook with the vibrations of the ghastly screams, as it finally fell back, with a deafening thud. Mari was breathing somewhat heavily, did she do it? Did she win? She lowered her stance into that of a defensive one, waiting to see if she had succeeded.

No.

If they succeeded.

Yamata No Orochi 

Head 1 0/20 HP
Head 2 0/20 HP
head 3 0/20 HP
Head 4 0/20 HP
Head 5 0/20 HP

Head 6 0/20 HP
Head 7 0/20 HP
Head 8 0/20 HP

Players
Mari 
72/89 HP  
Crozeph 23/61 HP Poison -2 HP for 3/3 turns
Shark 25/71 HP Poison -2 HP for 3/3 turns
Rebekah 30/67HP Poison -2 HP for 3/3 turns

Crozeph was still wiping his eyes and coughing, looking pathetic as the battle drags on. He kept his sword raised just in case the Orochi slices him with its weapon. The sight he caught was Mari sprinting towards the Orochi and then she disappeared before his eyes, probably the poison's cause as it began clouding his position. As he tried to dissipate the poison in him, he heard a loud screech followed by screams as if some wild animal is nearing its death. Crozeph coughed and ran forward, he needs to follow up on the attack. The Orochi wouldn't scream like its running for its life if Mari didn't put it in that kind of situation. Crozeph opened his eyes and it widened, He saw the Orochi fall and made a loud thud as its back touched the floor "w-wait, is it dead?" he asked followed by a violent cough "kick it just to make sure, you know...double tap" he told Mari.

The Orochi was done for just as it thought without a head count to show. It was over. For now at least. Yamata No Orochi's final head wavered, eye's viciously locked on the players in front of it. It's health bar slowly drained as the pink haired player chunked more than half it's health and dropped it to zero also effectively cutting through it's neck. It let out one final screech which echoed around the room before it's head fell to the floor and it's body dissipated into a mass of golden particles. The floor clearers had done well, for now. 

Congratulations!

~All players in this thread get 48 hours to explore the 11th floor.

~All players except shark (due to being skipped 3 times) obtain 3 SP and receive 1667 Col

~Player Mari has the option of choosing between two items:

-Kusanagi: A blade that matches the wielders highest ranked weapon skill. The weapon looks similar to that of the Orochi's katana. The blade is blood red and curved at the tip. The hilt resembles multiple snakes coiling around each other with heads flourishing out as the guard of the weapon.

Stats: (On an 8-10 natural roll it induces -2 HP Bleed for 2 turns and +2 Damage)

-Magatama: A necklace that grants the wielder great agility. The necklace looks like a long black snake with blood red ruby eyes beginning to consume the other end of it's body; creating a circular shape. The tail of snake running from the head represents the evasiveness of a snake and the head of it represents the accurate and precise nature of it's attacks.

Stats: (Grants +2 Accuracy and +2 Evasion)

Mari turned her eyes to Crozeph; quirking her brow at his odd reference. Was it from a movie? She wasn't sure. The whole 'double tap' thing sounded familiar but she couldn't exactly pick where from, nor how. "That ain't how bosses work." She muttered to him. 

Then, there it was; the congratulations - followed by a message - asking her to choose between a weapon and an accessory - Mari didn't hesitate she knew exactly what she wanted.

Mari twirled the blade in her hands; having picked the Kusanagi, her thumb and forefinger carefully tracing the bodies of the overlapping snakes as they coiled around each other, in a sort of double helix pattern, her finger then went to the blade - stained a deep red. The colour of spilled blood. It was almost fitting for Mari to carry such a weapon. The tip of the small dagger was curved, uncommon for a dagger -  it simply made the weapon look all the more menacing. "Not too bad I guess." Mari muttered as she equippped it, before placing it into her inventory.

There was nothing more to say to the group of people, Mari didn't feel like celebrating; She was never good with words, so she wasn't even sure how to bid them a form of goodbye - she turned her back to the small group, "Bye." It was the only words she offered them. No congratulations, no good job, no barbed words or insults. She stepped past the final resting place of the Yamata No Orochi, and up the stairs to the next room, before promptly disappearing through the door.

-Mari leaves the thread

-Kusanagi: A blade that matches the wielders highest ranked weapon skill. The weapon looks similar to that of the Orochi's katana. The blade is blood red and curved at the tip. The hilt resembles multiple snakes coiling around each other with heads flourishing out as the guard of the weapon.

Stats: (On an 8-10 natural roll it induces -2 HP Bleed for 2 turns and +2 Damage)

Rebekah sees Mari heading up the steps, and she says a quick goodbye before dashing out, trying to beat her to the first person out. She was not trying to form a scouting party, but rather to explore the floor. That was something that she wanted to do, the scouting party can be left for another day when there were more people, besides she was exhausted. She deserved some rest all by herself over the next few days before the next cycle of training would begin. She knew the gap between Mari and her were too far, and she managed to catch up to the gap between her and Shark in between the last boss raid. She wanted to know where she would stand between the players, and this was the time to do so.

Rebekah also leaves the thread.

The battle went well for Crozeph as a first timer on the front-lines. He sheathe his katana on his back and looked at his surroundings, there was still a few clouds of the poison and he looked as Mari picked up the spoils of the battle. He then sighed as she moved up and didn't say anything to them "why am I not surprised?" he asked himself followed by a faint smile. Crozeph pulled up the hood of his coat and stood still and between him the door back to the lower floors and the other leading upstairs where Mari went "decisions, decisions" he mumbled. He then glanced at the others one who fought alongside them "good job" he told Rebekah and Shark followed by a nod before turning around. Crozeph could still feel his heart beating fast as he survived the battle with his health at a critical level "beginner's luck I guess" he thought. Crozeph then took a step and began re-evaluating his life inside Aincrad and the next thing he should do now that the battle is finished. There was no time for him now to just waltz around, sooner or later the next floor battle will take place and he should make himself ready if that happens again "one step closer" he thought, lowering his head.

Crozeph leaves the thread.