SP - F7 Climbing Like A Mountain Goat (8th Day of Hunting/Gathering) (Complete)

A flash of blue light appeared at the teleportation circle on the seventh floor settlement of Nimbus as Calrex materialized, fully clad in his Grand Chariot armor. Attached to the back of his hip was a deep-sea blue sword, the Grand Blade, and around his neck was the Ocean's Defense. He gave a small stretch as he got himself loose and ready to go.

"Alright, today I've got three people to get materials for. In addition to filling more of Ariel's order, Oikawa's running low at his shop, and strangely enough Zelrius PMed me about gathering a few materials. It shouldn't be too bad, but let's see what I can procure today."

He swiped through his menu, retrieving the Tuna he had bought from Reu's shop before switching out to his casual combat clothing, quickly wolfing the fish down. "As tasty as usual...although I'm glad I picked this and not that eyeball looking fish he had."

With that he switched back to the Grand Chariot as he made his way towards the settlement's gate.

Consumed Tuna: +2 to LD for thread (Total Bonus: Search and Detect +2 / Item +1 / Temp Buff +2 = 5)

ID: 19395

Loot Dice: 3 (Total Bonus +5) = 8

ID: 19396

Loot Dice: 2 (Total Bonus +5) = 7

ID: 19397

Loot Dice: 5 (Total Bonus +5) = 10

It looked like even with all of the buffs that Calrex added to his searching ability this gathering trip was going to be off to a rough start. After exiting the gate and traveling down the path he didn't see any crystals, plants, or anything that could be proved suitable as a material, "Well, this is great. I wonder if there might be more further up the mountain."

He gave a sigh as he looked upwards, "I'd rather avoid having to go in the direction unless I can confirm there are more materials up there...hm...Roc!"

In a flash of light his blue peregrine falcon familiar appeared as he landed on Calrex's shoulder, "See if you can find anything useful up there."

With a quick flap the bird flew upwards, disappearing from sight for a few seconds before returning...with a small lizard in its talon, "That's..."

Without even a second to respond Roc began to munch down on the lizard, "...not what I was looking for. I guess you were in need of food. Alright then let's split up and look around. Go ahead and look for whatever you need to fill up, but bring back any useful items you find as well alright?"

With a quick tilt of his head Roc soared off as Calrex looked around, "Alright, let's see if that helps..."

Total: 0

Danger Level:

Calrex: 0/3

ID: 19425

Loot Dice: 15 (Total Bonus +5) = 20

ID: 19426

Loot Dice: 19 (Total Bonus +5) = 24

ID: 19427

Loot Dice: 18 (Total Bonus +5) = 23

As Calrex kept walking down the path suddenly he saw Roc land in front of him, dropping something. As the falcon took off again he made note of another small lizard, partially eaten, in its beak, "Well, talk about efficient..."

He knelt down and picked up the object that his familiar had dropped, inspecting it. It turned out to be some kind of plant, most likely from the higher part of the mountains that Roc had flown by while scavenging, "Huh, nice work. This ought to be useful." With a few swipes on his menu he added the plant to his inventory, getting back to his feet. As he looked around he noticed a shimmering surface nearby as he walked over, looking to see it was some kind of precious ore, "Wow, I guess this area hasn't been completely picked clean after all. I bet Oikawa would be able to make use of this."

After adding the ore to his total Calrex scanned around once more, suddenly seeing yet another plant similar to the one that Roc had dropped off a minute ago. Kneeling down and inspecting it Calrex made note that it was in good condition before plucking it and adding it to his inventory, "Alright, well that certainly balances out the complete lack of materials a few minutes ago. Let's see if my luck persists."

Total: 3

Danger Level:

ID: 19431

Roc descended down to Calrex again the blue armored player looked up as the bird landed, seeing yet another piece of a lizard in its beak, "Nice work last time. What'd you bring..."

As the falcon took off once again he looked down and saw a normal branch where Roc had landed. Giving a sigh and putting a hand behind his neck Calrex continued walking, "I might need to bring him out on more of these trips. He certainly needs to work on discerning what's suitable as a material or not."

ID: 19432

Loot Dice: 20 (Total Bonus +5) = 25

ID: 19433

Moving further down the path Calrex gave a quick look around to see if there was anything that would be useful as a material. To his luck as he moved a couple pieces of rock out of the way he saw two more hunks of the shimmering ore he had seen a couple of minutes ago. Grabbing both of the pieces he added each of them to his inventory as he got back to his feet, "Alright, about seven more and I should have enough to fill part of Ariel's order. After that I can focus on Oikawa and Zelrius' amounts."

Total: 5

Danger Level:

ID: 19440

Loot Dice: 8 (Total Bonus +5) = 13

ID: 19441

After proceeding further down the path Calrex continued scanning left and right, occasionally using his <<Reveal>> skill to try and see if there was any useful materials lying about. Unfortunately as he came to a stop a few minutes later he gave a sigh, as there was no useful objects amongst the landscape, "Well, I guess I'm getting further away from the actual bountiful area. I wonder if I should give going up the mountainside a try."

ID: 19442

Loot Dice: 17 (Total Bonus +5) = 22

As Calrex turned back to face the mountain he looked as his blue falcon familiar landed in front of him again. This time Roc had caught something larger than the smaller lizards he was munching on previously, a small bird that was probably flying higher up the mountainside, "Well...it's no wonder your classification is a bird of prey. What did you find?"

Kicking the item he had found up on the mountain onto the ground Roc adjusted the prey in his mouth before taking off again, landing some distance away in order to dine in private. Calex looked back to see what another branch with berries on it, "Huh, nice work there." He knelt down and picked the berries before adding them to his inventory, getting to his feet, "Okay, it seems like we're going at a good pace. Let's keep this up."

Total: 6

Danger Level:

ID: 19447

ID: 19448

Loot Dice: 12 (Total Bonus +5) = 17

Upon reaching the face of the mountain Calrex gave a calming breath, drawing his Grand Blade in a reverse grip, "Alright, there appears to be a ledge over there. Let's see if there's anything on it."

He stepped up so that his feet were on a stable surface before stabbing his sword into the stone, pulling himself up on it. Finding another couple of stable surfaces to place his feet on he moved the sword upwards, slowly scaling the face of the mountain as he made his way towards the ledge. After what seemed like a half hour Calrex pulled himself up onto the ledge, looking to see a couple of plants similar to the ones he found at the start of this trip growing out at the point where the ledge ends. After doing so he gave a calming breath as he looked over the side, "Well, if I fall it's not a large drop, well at least not anything that the Acrobatics skill couldn't handle."

ID: 19449

Loot Dice: 9 (Total Bonus +5) = 14

Roc flew over to the ledge as Calrex leaned back to allow his familiar a landing spot to set down. Since he had filled himself up on the small bird he had caught earlier Roc was only carrying items he thought were useful for materials. Both seemed to be good candidates, with one being another branch full of berries and the other a talon full of plants. Unfortunately both were infested with insects, rendering them useless for materials. Calrex gave a nod, "It was a good attempt. Look for stuff like thus, but not touched by bugs next time."

Roc gave a nod before taking off into the air once again.

Total: 8

Danger Level:

ID: 19464

Loot Dice: 13 (Total Bonus +5) = 18

ID: 19465

Loot Dice: 20 (Total Bonus +5) = 25

After giving a quick rest Calrex dusted himself off as he looked further up the mountain towards the top. Since it seemed there were some cloud starting to block his view he gave a calming breath as he activated the <<Reveal>> skill, the clouds turning transparent, allowing him to locate a nearby ledge about the same distance as it was for him to travel to the one he was standing on. 

Grasping the Grand Blade in a reverse grip once again he started his ascent towards his destination. There was a point where he lost his footing for a second, but it was quickly solved when he found another foothold that he could make use of. As he pulled himself up onto the new ledge he saw a couple of small plants that were fruiting with berries. After inspecting both to see if they were suitable he added the berries to his inventory, "Alright, another two down."

ID: 19466

It seemed that Roc was further away this time and not returning just yet, so Calrex tried to look around for any more materials on the ledge he was standing on. As he did he saw a strange plant on the edge of the ledge. He carefully reached over to try and retrieve it, but his hand slipped and accidentally loosened the ground it was planted in, the plant falling off and down to the ground. Giving a small sigh Calrex got to his feet, "Alright, let's keep moving up."

Total: 10

Danger Level:

ID: 19478

As Calrex began his ascent further up the mountain he thought he saw a useful material poking out of the side, held there by its roots. With a couple of swings he made his way towards the plant, but right as he reached forward to grasp the plant the anchor of the Grand Blade gave way as the rocks crumbled out from around it. "Gah!"

He was able to quickly recover, but the plant had fallen out of his reach. Calrex gave a small sigh as he began to move up once again. "It's too bad there's no climbing equipment in this game. It'd probably make traversing these areas a little bit easier."

ID: 19479

As Calrex stabilized his position all of a sudden Roc flew over and landed on his shoulder, "Not a very goo..."

Before Calrex could finish his sentence the bird extended one of its talons, revealing it had gathered the plant from above. Calrex extended his hand as the bird dropped the plant off in his palm before taking off once again, "Huh, well I guess he is getting the hang of it after all."

With that Calrex added the item to his inventory before continuing to make his way to the next ledge he had spotted earlier.

ID: 19480

After pulling himself up on the ledge Calrex scanned around to see if there was any particular objects that would be useful for materials. Unfortunately this particular ledge was empty, without even hints of a plant in growth, "Guess I can't have all the luck right? Ok, let's see which way I should head next."

Total: 11

Danger Level:

ID: 19487

"Alright, let's see if there's another ledge further up..."

Calrex got to his feet as he used his <<Reveal>> skill once again, scanning around to see if there was another ledge within close proximity to the one he was standing on. Unfortunately the closest one was a good distance upwards, meaning that he could be climbing for a significant amount of time, and likely tire himself out. He gave a sigh, ignoring the idea of other materials near his immediate position, "If it's that high up I'd best avoid the chance and start making my way back down."

ID: 19488

Loot Dice: 1 (Total Bonus +5) = 6 (Danger Level +1) 

As Calrex landed on the ledge below the one he was just standing on he looked up as he heard a screech, turning to see Roc fly down to him at his maximum speed as he landed on the young man's shoulder, "What the? What's going on?"

He could hear the shifting of rocks from above, as if something large was descending from the top of the mountain, "Oh great. Best get back down. Roc follow me lead."

He leapt off of the ledge before impaling the Grand Blade into the rocks as he slide his way down, with Roc following in tow behind him. After some distance he ended up back at the base of the mountain, a few paces away from the path, "Alright, that should throw it off our trail for a little bit."

ID: 19489

Loot Dice: 12 (Total Bonus +5) = 17

After returning to the path Calrex sent Roc off to look for more materials further away as he began to look around. Upon reaching the crossroads which led in various directions around the area he saw a single plant growing at their intersection, "Huh, an interesting place to put a material. Well I guess I might as well make use of it."

He plucked the plant from the ground as he added it to his inventory, looking at the intersection, "Alright, now which way should I go?"

Total: 12

Danger Level:

Calrex: 1/3

ID: 19502

Loot Dice: 14 (Total Bonus +5) = 19

ID: 19503

Deciding on the left most path Calrex began to walk down it, looking left and right as he tried to keep aware of whatever creature was pursuing him and Roc on the mountainside. They had ditched it in the meantime, but that didn't mean the monster didn't have their scent, especially since the AI detection system of the game was fairly brutal once an enemy has targeted you.

"There's only one other game I can think of that could be so harsh, but I think the story I heard about it was a bit odd. Something about a character being chased across the entire world map by a single enemy. Sounds more like a revenge film than a video game."

As he went over and searched underneath one of the rocks he saw a couple more of the shimmering ores he had found previously, adding them to his inventory, "Alright with that I've filled another part of Ariel's order and some of Oikawa's."

ID: 19504

Loot Dice: 7 (Total Bonus +5) = 12

As Calrex returned back to the road he saw Roc there munching on a small insect the bird had caught, or at least it looked like an insect from a distance. Upon getting closer he saw it was a centipede. However its head and tail were already consumed by the bird, rendering it harmless, "Geeze, you don't cease to impress Roc. No wonder you were in the highest ranks of your flock."

Looking down he saw shimmering ore much like the ones he had seen before, but as he picked it up and inspected it he saw it had veins of common rock and dirt running through it. With a small sigh he nodded to his familiar, "Nice try, you were close on this one. If you find one without these things I can use it."

Giving a quick nod with a bit of its meal hanging from its mouth Roc took off into the sky once again, "I guess I should feel kind of bad that I'm keeping him at a distance, but I can't afford to get close to him, not like how Teayre was with Beleram..."

Total: 14

Danger Level:

ID: 19505

ID: 19506

Loot Dice: 6 (Total Bonus +5) = 11

As he temporarily reflected on the past with Beleram's loss Calrex was distracted as he wandered past another deposit of the shimmering ore he had picked previously.

"I wonder if things are going in a direction I intended for it to be. Am I still sticking to the plan I had set for myself when I first set out into the fields, or have I lost myself a little bit on the way? Hm...I guess that's something I'll need to ponder once I get back from this trip. For now I need to focus on finding those objects suitable for materials. I've been doing this since I was a single digit in level, and I don't intend to stop now."

With that he gave a calming breath as he centered his mind, resuming his task.

ID: 19507

Right on time as Calrex began looking around again Roc flew down and landed in front of him. This time the falcon didn't spend much time waiting around as it took off into the air once again, "Huh? I guess he's really sure about what he found this time."

As Calrex walked over and inspected the item he noticed it was an unblemished plant similar to the ones he had found previously. It was in great shape and would probably prove to be a useful material in some kind of craft, "Well I guess he really is catching on."

He swiped and added the item to his inventory before getting back to his feet, looking around, "Let's see, if i keep heading in this direction I'll likely get into more dangerous territory, but as long as I keep my wits about me I should be able to avoid any danger."

Total: 15

Danger Level:

ID: 19431

Calrex continued down the path as he activated his <<Reveal>> skill to try and see if there were any potentially useful elements in the environment for any particular profession he understood off hand, "Let's see, there's gotta be..."

As he was about to finish his sentence his eyes fell upon a strange hunk of wood that seemed on its own, "What in the world? This seems out of place..."

Upon further inspection he found out that the hunk of wood was actually fairly solid, probably useful for it one were carving a wooden statue or the like, "Hm...maybe Teayre can make use of this for some kind of lucky charm..." With a swipe on his menu the wood disappeared into his inventory.

ID: 19432

ID: 19433

Suddenly he heard the familiar screech of Roc as he looked up to see the bird flying by at its fastest speed, which was like watching a miniature supercar moving at full speed fly past him. Peregrine falcons, after all, had the highest swooping speed at over 200 miles per hour. This means that whatever was pursuing him was something to fear. Calrex turned to hear the sounds of movement as he turned and used his <<Sprint>> ability to quickly dash further down the path before sliding to a stop.

Suspected he passed at least ten or more materials on the way down he gave a sigh as he looked around, "Well, I hope there's more this way..."

Total: 16

Danger Level:

Calrex: 2/3

ID: 19553

After avoiding a close encounter with whatever was pursuing him and Roc Calrex looked around as he activated his <<Reveal>> skill once again to try and scan for materials. As he did the scenery turned transparent as he walked along, but unfortunately there appeared to be no materials around as he gave a small sigh, "Well, no luck so far. Alright then I'd best keep moving along then. There might be more around further down the path."

ID: 19554

Loot Dice: 11 (Total Bonus +5) = 16

ID: 19555

Loot Dice: 10 (Total Bonus +5) = 15

Suddenly Calrex looked over as Roc appeared once again, carrying two objects in his talons as he landed on the ground in front of Calrex, delivering the items before immediately taking off again. "I'm surprised there wasn't another piece of food in his mouth this time."

He knelt down and looked at the two objects, immediately recognizing them as the shimmering ores that he had found further up the path. However, unlike the ones Roc had brought before these were in great condition. "Huh, nice work Roc." With that he added the two items to his inventory.

Total: 18

Danger Level:

Calrex: 2/3

After finding the two items Calrex gave a sigh as he processed a thought through his head, "I wonder if I might need to rearrange the orders. Oikawa said he was in desperate need of materials, and going with his current demand and crafts he can do per day..."

He gave a signal to Roc, who quickly returned back, "Alright, let's head over and drop off Oikawa's order before returning."

The bird promptly gave a nod before dematerializing as Calrex rushed back over to the settlement's teleportation circle. After arriving he swipes on his menu, selecting the first floor as he vanished in a flash of light blue light.

Left Floor, Danger Level Reset

After making the delivery Calrex returned to the seventh floor, immediately heading out of the gates, "Alright, let's keep this going. Roc..."

His familiar materialized once again, already understanding the plan as he took off in search of materials. Calrex walked back down the path he was heading previously. By this point the sun had reached the apex of its ascent, starting to make its way back down towards the horizon line.

Total: 4

Danger Level:

ID: 19819

ID: 19820

Loot Dice: 16 (Total Bonus +5) = 21

ID: 19821

Out of the gate it seemed like Calrex's luck was better this time. A few minutes after arriving back on the path he found two more shimmering ores like he had found previously, adding them to his inventory, "I guess these items are the most plentiful. I'll need to keep that in mind next time I need to look for more blacksmithing materials."

After getting back to his feet he turned as he heard Roc touch down behind him. The bird had brought another plant, which looked to be in excellent condition. Calrex gave a nod as he picked the plant up and added it to his inventory, "Nice work. Let's keep this up."

Rock immediately took off into the air as Calrex scanned around, "Alright, where are there likely more to be found?"

Total: 7

Danger Level:

ID: 19856

ID: 19857

ID: 19858

A few minutes after Calrex had resumed his search a ping popped up on his menu as he stopped looking for a second, "Huh?"

With a few swipes it pulled up a PM that appeared to be from Lowenthal, requesting some materials for his shop, "Huh, I guess word is getting around about my little side-job. Alright then, six materials isn't much. I can probably drop those off now, then come back and resume completing the rest of the orders."

After taking note of the total amount he needed Calrex began scavenging around once again. Since Lowenthal was a tailor as well he figured he'd need to look for materials similar to the ones he'd need for Ariel's order. After spending some time looking around he saw a couple of plants that seemed to be self-producing their own silk-like excretion. He knelt down and plucked the plants, adding them to his inventory.

Within a few seconds of him procuring the plants he turned to see Roc swoop in, placing an object on the ground as he promptly took off into the air once again, "Oh, what'd he find this time?"

Calrex looked down to see a strange looking handful of cotton-like balls. He gently picked one up and pulled some of the cotton away. Peering inside he could see what looked to be some kind of worm, "Huh, I guess these are the game's equivalent of silkworms. Alright, well then these out to be suitable as well."

Picking up the handful he added them to his inventory, "Alright, I'll make a quick stop to the Albatross and Finch, then come back and keep looking."

He got to his feet and began making his way back towards the gate into Nimbus.

Total: 10

Danger Level:

After making a quick stop on the first floor to deliver Lowenthal's materials Calrex returned back to the seventh floor, giving a small sigh of relief that he managed to full the order so quickly. He had switched back to his casual clothing for the delivery , but as he exited the gate of the Nimbus settlement he switched back into the Grand Chariot, his sea blue eyes becoming masked by the flat eye indicators of the Grand Chariot armor, "Alright, let's see how much we can gather. Since i've gotten Oikawa and Lowenthal's orders done that leaves part of Ariel's order and Zelrius'. I guess since it's less, I'll focus on Zelrius' order for now, that way I can get it done and focus on Ariel's."

"Roc."

His blue peregrine falcon appeared once again in a flash of light as it materialized, "Let's get to work."

Total: 4

Danger Level:

Calrex 0/3

ID: 19969

Loot Dice: 7 (Total Bonus +5) = 12

Out of the gate Calrex wasn't able to see any items of particular usefulness as he scanned around the area, "Hm...no real good here so far. I guess I should keep moving along for now."

"It's likely that they haven't respawned just yet. It still hasn't been a full day, and from what I can tell the bare minimum is that long for the materials to start appearing again."

With that he continued further down the path, starting to make his way back to where he had left off previously, using his <<Reveal>> skill to see if there were any materials hiding behind in the shadow of rocks and other things that might block them from his view.

ID: 19970

ID: 19971

As he reached the part of the path he had previously stopped at he looked up to see Roc come swooping in once again. It appeared the falcon had grown hungry once again, as he had another small lizard in his beak as he released whatever he was carrying in his talons before taking off into the air once again, "Huh, let's see what he found this time."

Upon inspected Calrex saw that Roc managed to procure more of the cotton worms from before, still wrapped up within their soft cocoons. It appeared to be enough for two handfuls as he added them to his inventory, getting back to his feet, "Alright, this should put be close to filling Zelrius' order. Since from what I remember he doesn't have a storefront I'll have to hold onto them until I see him in person again. Once this is complete then I'll work on the second part of Ariel's order."

Total: 6

Danger Level:

ID: 20007

ID: 20008

After proceeding further down the path Calrex looked around the area once again to see if there were any more materials in his current vicinity. "Hm...I wonder if there are any of those pumice stone imitations on this floor. The last time I saw them were on my past trips. I'm sure that those are great for softening clothing so that it's easier to manipulate."

As if the game had read his sentence he looked and suddenly saw a small pile of the said stones behind a nearby boulder. He immediately rushed over and began inspecting the pieces, finding two of suitable size and condition. "Alright, well that's good to see. Okay..."

ID: 20009

As Calrex got to his feet he turned around to see Roc landing on the ground as he set an object in front of him. Once the falcon took off Calrex was able to glance the small piece of lizard in the familiar's mouth, "I guess he's hungry again...guess that reflects in what he's able to find."

He knelt down and inspected the object Roc had put in front of him. It was another branch full of berries, but these were either rotting or partially eaten by bugs. "Well, it was a nice try Roc."

With that he tossed the branch aside as he walked further down the path.

Total: 8

Danger Level:

ID: 20337

Loot Dice: 16 (Total Bonus +5) = 21

After looking around for a few more minutes Calrex managed to find a small deposit of what looked to be a collection of precious stones, being able to get a good handful from the deposit. With a few swipes he added the materials to his inventory as he got to his feet, "Alright, I wonder what else there is to find in this floor. So far there seems to be an even spread among all of the different professions in terms of what materials are available."

"Wonder if Roc's had any luck further up. Since he's able to see more from higher in the air, he should be having an easier time, unless he's still got food on the brain or something."

ID: 20338

Loot Dice: 4 (Total Bonus +5) = 9

ID: 20339

As if the falcon had heard Calrex's thoughts Roc suddenly swooped by, dropping what looked to be a useless branch once again. However, Calrex also noticed that he continued flying further down the path, already guessing the reason why his familiar had opted to not stop and directly drop off the branch. He was being pursued again. "Alright, best get moving then."

With that Calrex used his <<Sprint>> ability to quickly dash down the path, following Roc's flight a good distance before stopping, looking back with his <<Reveal>> skill to see if there was anything pursuing them.

"All good for now. Let's just hope this area has more in terms of materials."

Total: 9

Danger Level: