[PP-F8] Meeting of the Strong (KoC & AB)

It was a bright and warm day on the 8th floor and I was finishing my daily routine of checking in on all the players and their safety. I stopped by the local pub and picked up some food and drinks for the meeting between the 2 strongest guilds in all of Aincrad. I had messaged Zelrius with where to meet me for the meeting. I made my way to the upstairs room of the Pub I was in. This should be a comfortable place to host a meeting between the 2 strongest guilds in Aincrad. Neutral ground with no hostility and favoritism towards a specific side. I said to myself as I reached the room. I proceeded to set down and layout the food and drinks so everyone felt welcome as they came in. 

I opened my guild menu and told everyone where the meeting was taking place and that I would like everyone to show up and contribute to the meeting. I also mentioned that I have food for everyone at no extra charge. I hope people show up so we can have great discussion about this new alliance. I said in my head as I sat and awaited for the players to show up.

I hung up this Banner over the door frame so people knew that this was the right place and knew what was going on (if they hadn't already)

post-206-0-30034000-1435857430_thumb.jpg

A bright flash emitted from the gate as a caped blonde stepped away from the platform. The murky air of the eight floor never seemed to bother him much, however; the pungent smell of swamp water left a very unpleasant impression on the players senses. The wooden flooring of the town was remniscent of a giant tree house of sorts. Surprisingly, the analogy wasn't far off considering the "village" was suspended over the vile water below by way of trees.

Looking around, Oikawa kept his eyes peeled for a certain Pub that Zel had mentioned to him. Supposedly, there was to be a guild meeting between the members of the Knights of Christ and those of the Azure Brigade, To his knowledge, Oikawa had never encountered nor heard of the Knights of Christ. None of their members seemed familiar in the least although they were rumored to be one of the stronger guilds. I wonder where they've been then. Are they actually a powerful group. Sigh. I could ask these questions later I suppose. The better question being why they were having a meeting in the first place.

Ignoring the thoughts roaming around his head, the blond made his way to what he thought was the correct pub. The place was maybe about two stories high and not very large in the least. Though for a meeting of about 14 people, give or take, the pub would certainly make do. Pushing the door open, he hesitantly gazed about the room. Scanning for a familiar face or indicator of the meeting spot. Nothing seemed to denote a meeting being held, so the blonde intended to take his leave and keep searching. Suddenly, a player who seemed to have just finished a large transaction for some food and drinks by the look of it, pushed past Oikawa and made his way upstairs. Intrigued, the blonde followed the player and arrived at the top of the stairs. Glancing past the hanging banner above, he realized this was in fact the meeting place for the guilds.

Walking over to the player from before, Oikawa offered his hand as he introduced himself. "I assume you're a member of the Knights of Christ yes? My name is Oikawa. Commandant of the Azure Brigade. A pleasure to meet you."

I finished setting out the food and waited for people to show up, next thing I know, a player entered the room and introduced himself as one of the Commandments from Azure Brigade. He extended his hand in a pleasurable manner. I reached my hand to his and shook his hand in a friendly manner. Hello there, my name is Shark and I am the Leader of the Knights of Christ. Thank you for attending this meeting. I said as I let go of his hand and returned to my spot at one of 2 chairs at the head of the table. There is food and drinks available to all in attendance today. so please, help yourself. I told Oikawa as I motioned towards the array of food. 

I made a plate for myself and began to eat before anyone else shows up. I was happy at least one person showed up. that helped me know that more will come in time and this alliance attempt wasn't a waste of time. I sat and waited for the others to show up while I ate my plate of food. 

I looked at Oikawa, You must have heard of me somewhere. I used to be a hot topic back in the day. I helped clear almost every floor. I said as I continued to eat the food in front of me.

Tristan gandered around the somewhat pungent atmosphere of Floor 8, trying to find the pub that was mentioned by Zelrius for the meeting. He wondered on why they had chosen this particular floor among the several that were to hand, but didn't dwell on it and moved on. He finally found the place, with the banner that was plastered above the door that had their own and the logo of Knights of Christ. He walked into the pub, walking by the bar and fetching a pint of ale he bought for himself and went to a spot somewhat close to Shark, plates of food already out.

Tristan smiled and offered his hand to Shark saying "Hello again, we fought together against the Hydra. I would have fought also the Orochi, alas I was on a break from frontlining due to personal issues." he smiled gently and sat down with his food, lightly eating on it.

Between bites he said "So, if we can forge this alliance, we should be stronger. Plus Azure Brigade would have a mutual relationship with the Knights of Blood. Either way, I for one am really excited about this."

I smiled as I watched Tristan come in through the door and started to get some food like it was second nature. He walked up to me and extended his hand, Why hello there Tristan. Glad to see you came. I said as I reached for his hand and shook it. I'm thrilled that this is actually going to happen. This could be huge for our 2 guilds and really get our names out there for everyone to know who we are. I told him as I let go of his hand and looked around for some new faces. 

A few minutes later, I got a notification saying that the boss room on the 11th floor was found. Oh boy. I thought to myself. This is one more thing that I need to discuss with everyone now. I told myself as I started to think about how I want this meeting to go.

I started to wonder when Zelrius was going to show up but then I remembered that he always shows up fashionably late. I also wondered where my guild mates were. It's not like them to be this late. I sent them a message, just reminding them about the meeting and that they needed to show up. 

She was running late to the meeting, only to have read the important message just a few minutes ago, as she made her way to the random pub in room eight. When she got there, she was glad that she was not the last to arrive. Rebekah carefully looked at Shark go see if he has recovered from that terrible floor 10 raid that took place earlier in the week. As she was guildless before the fight bit became part of Azure shortly after the fight, she had no idea what this was about. There was nothing else but to say hi to everyone as Rebekah was not one to talk but one to listen and think.

There was one thing that she wondered, would there only be 3 of them and one of Shark in this urgent yet important meeting. Maybe the others are running super late, and she sat down near the rest of the group.

It wasn't before long that another Commandant of Azure, managed to straggle into the upstairs meeting room. Oikawa's favorite redhead beanpole, entered with a few chummy words to the man who had introduced himself as Shark. While looking delicious, the blonde didn't indulge in the delicacies just yet. Opting more for a sit and watch role at the table. As Shark and Tristan chalked it up, another Commandant entered the room. It was Rebekah. A female blonde with a build similar to his own. In fact he would actually credit her with idea of his build seeing as her, Azide, and himself all had plans based around it. 

As he heard a pause in their conversation, Oikawa too the time to reply to Shark. "I think I may have heard you like once. Around the time of the Hydra fight if I recall correctly. outside of that, your name doesn't ring a bell for me. My apologies." Looking toward the entrance, he expected for Zel or other members of the Knights of Christ to be entering soon enough. This meeting needed to get started soon and Oikawa had other obligations to attend to afterwards.

I looked around the room and noticed a familiar face enter the room. Ah s***, I thought to myself. I wonder what Rebekah thinks about me. Probably not very much after that charade earlier this week. I said to myself, feeling guilty and stupid upon looking back at the boss fight. I just turned away as Oikawa replied to me, Hmm... well that is not good, nor bad... so I guess it doesn't really matter. I told him as I chuckled a bit. The Hydra was more of my well known fights but even then, things didn't go as planned. I said as I glanced around the room. 

I looked around for one specific person as well as some of my guild mates. I was really surprised that Zero hasn't shown up yet. You give the kid a title and he acts like he does't even have it. I said under my breath as I looked for the rest of the players that were supposed to show up. I saw nothing but Azure Brigade members, Does anyone know where Zel is at? I asked as I kept looking for the other players.

There was a silence as Shark spoke. Rebekah knew that Zel had told them to start without him, but it felt as nobody in the group knew about it. "Let's not waste anymore time, we will start without him," the blonde spoke to the rest of the group. If they were just going to wait for everyone, then it will take forever and nothing will be done. Especially for Rebekah, she was not too pleased at either Tristan for semi-mocking her with that duel, and Shark for basically being useless the last boss fight. But even then, she did not talk to Oikawa for a while, so the quietness was annoying her.

Zero knew he had been late to the meeting, not that it worried him much as Shark could handle most negotiation situations. He quickly made his way to the meeting point once he'd finished his own personal affairs, and gently knocked on the door before coming into the room. His eyes went over the faces present, a total of four players, his guild leader Shark and three members of Azure Brigade, two of which he knew somewhat and a third he didn't quite recognize. "Sorry for the late arrival, I was held up elsewhere taking care of some personal affairs." He placed his arm across his chest diagonally and gave them all a slight bow, a sly smile forming on his face. "I do hope I haven't missed anything important, wouldn't do for the Vice-Captain to be unaware of something regarding his guild after all."

• 4 weeks later...

After careful evaluation of the players that gathered at the meeting today, I have decided to move along the meeting and proceed with what was initially planned. I looked around the room, Has anyone seen Zelrius at all? He told me he was coming. I said as I was about to move along with the meeting. Please send him a message that we are starting soon and he needs to be here. I couldn't keep everyone waiting any longer but I needed Zel to be present so we can work this out with the major guild members present.

• 4 months later...

Life showed up to the guild meeting, apparently there was a lot to discuss including the merger of the Knights of Christ and the Azure brigade. He wasn't sure what to make of the situation considering he was technically a 'new' recruit to the Knights of Christ. Since Azure brigade was one of the strongest guilds, he was wondering why exactly they wanted to merge with a guild like theirs. He noticed shark and a few others, but no Zelrius. "Greetings everyone. I assume we have important things to discuss soon. Where is Zelrius?" Without the meeting, Life wasn't sure how anything was supposed to get done and into order.