[PP-F9] The Knights(Shark)

Stepping out of the teleportation gate into the main settlement of Volcan on the ninth floor. It took Kurou a moment to adjust to the heat. Who builds a town over a volcano.... he thought to himself. Having only been to the ninth floor once previous, it took him a minute to get his bearings before heading for the main and only entrance to the city. A few days prior while frequenting his favorite tavern in the city of Nimbus, Kurou had herd the story of a guild that dedicated itself to helping others. After inquiring with several information brokers about the guild. He learned that they did regular patrols of the floors as well as acquired a few basic descriptions of some of their members, which was ultimately what brought him to the ninth floor. As far as Kurou new, Volcan was the only city among the ones in the unlocked floors with only one entrance and exit. Which meant if the guild was patrolling here they would have to pass right by him if he sat at the gate all day.

After arriving at the gate, Kurou took a position leaning up against a near by wall and began to people watch. After standing there for several hours, he was just about to give up and go get some lunch when he spotted a peculiar player. Standing tall and proud, the player seemed to stroll through the crowd as if he owned the place and judging by the other players reactions around him, Kurou wasn't the only one who noticed the players demeanor. Opening up his menu and tabbing over to his notes, he quickly scanned the descriptions of the guild members he had gotten before stopping at one in particular. Looking back up at the player to try and confirm his suspicions, Kurou was stunned for a moment. Although he had been hoping to run into someone of note within the guild, he didn't expect that he would bump into the leader.

Pushing himself off of the wall with his back, Kurou confidently walked towards the player before opening his mouth. "Excuse me Sir... but you wouldn't happen to be the leader of the guild Knights of Christ would you?" Pausing for short moment to collect his thoughts, he quickly continued. "The name is Kurou and if you are in fact the leader, I would like to officially announce my interest in joining your cause." Having said what he needed to say, Kurou now waited patiently for the players response.

I was just finishing my patrol on the 9th floor when I walked through the main gate... A certain player approached me and introduced himself as Kurou. Hello there Kurou, I am in fact the Leader of the Knights of Christ. The name is Shark, Pleased to meet you. I said in a gentle and friendly tone. Kurou then expressed his intrest in joining my guild and helping the cause of what I dedicated this guild to, the protection and aid of any player in need. I'm happy to hear you are interested in joining my guild. I am always looking to boost my numbers with strong yet young players that are always looking to help anyone in need. I told him as I motioned him to follow me. 

We got in the teleporter and went to the 8th floor. After exiting the teleporter, we made our way towards a local pub that I showed interest in. It's lunch time so you must be hungry, how bout lunch? I asked as I held the door open for him to enter through. We made our way towards a far back corner table and waited to place our orders. In order to get into my guild there is but one challenge that you must pass. I said as I rested my head on my hands with my elbows on the table.

After the player had confirmed who he was, Kurou proceeded to follow him down to the 8th floor and listen to him as he spoke. Happy to hear that he was always eager to accept new members, Kurou liked his chances of getting into the guild. After all.... who's more dedicated to helping people then me? he thought to himself. Accepting the players proposal to get some lunch, he followed Shark into a pub he was unfamiliar with before taking a seat at one of the back tables. Looking around for the waiter as the player talked, Kurou found himself getting distracted away from the conversation because he in fact was quite hungry. Man, I should of brought some snacks with me to the gate. After waiting all that time for Shark to show up I could eat a cow. Turning his attention back to Shark who was sitting with his head resting in his hands, he finally spoke. "Hmm, you'll have to excuse me because I kinda got distracted looking for the server. But did you say I will need to pass some sort of challenge to join your guild?" he asked with a quizzical look on his face. 

Just as he had finished his question, the server arrived at their table. "Hello there"  he said greeting the server "I would like one of whatever your best sandwich is please along with a pint of Honey Dew Brew."  Turning back to look at Shark, Kurou asked if he had ever tried the drink before and explained how he herd it was one of the best ales in the game and only found on this floor. Waiting patiently for Shark to place his order before picking up the conversation again, he inquired further about the challenge he would have to face. "So...about this challenge. What exactly is it that I have to do?"

I had just mentioned that there needs to be a challenge that must be passed before joining the guild. The waiter finally came and Kurou placed his order, I then looked at the waiter and signaled him to double the order. Kurou then asked about this challenge that had to be passed. I looked at him and smiled, The challenge isn't hard but it's not easy. I smiled and proceeded to tell him about this challenge, So for this challenge, you must lead an adventure with me and prove that you have strong...ish leadership qualities. Upon finishing hat sentence, our food arrived and I dug straight in because I was so hungry after my patrol. 

I looked at my food that was already halfway gone... Good selection with the meal. Really good today. I said as I took a sip of my drink. I then looked at the player and asked him what he thought about the challenge. So what do you sya? You wanna take it or run away? I said as I went to finish up my meal.

Leadership qualities..... Kurou thought to himself as he listen to Shark speak. To be honest Kurou had thought joining a guild would be more about being a follower, but if it was leaders he was looking for Kurou felt confident in his chances. Having played basketball all the way though college, he had been elected a captain on nearly every team he played for.

Finishing up his own food he looked Shark in the eyes and spoke. "Of course I accept! I'm a natural born leader... you'll see!" he exclaimed. "So... are there any requirements for this adventure I must lead us on or can it be anything?" He asked in an excited tone.

((Sorry for the short reply, Work has been crazy and haven't had a lot of time this week. Should be back to normal this weekend.))

I smiled at Kurou as he graciously accepted the challenge and called himself a natural born leader. At that moment my face changed from laughing to a serious look. Leaders aren't born... I said as I gave him the death stare, They are made. It is the sole essence why I always look to better myself in everything possible.I said to Kurou as I payed for my meal and stood up. 

I waited for him to make a move but he just looked right at me like I was about to give an order. What are you waiting for... Lead the adventure. I said as I began to follow Kurou.