[PP:F5] Landshark! <<Blood in the Sand>> (Mari) Complete

Anna was in dire straits. Her duel with Teayre was less than a day away and she needed to skill up or she’d stand no chance in the arena. Her guild leader had found out her standings within the tournament and Mari did not seem too pleased with the fact that Azazel was not performing well. To help, Mari said that she would quickly run Anna through a quest to see if she might be able to power level the woman a bit thus making Zaz less of a disappointment and more of the type of player that was worthy of being a member of Cerulean Silence.

To make things right, Azazel and Mari agreed that they would take on the sand shark. Anna had been waiting for this quest. Being an avid fan of shark week and silly ass movies like Sharknado, she was all about fighting a land shark. She waited on the edge of the sand dunes of floor five for her leader to come bail her sorry ass out of the mess she’d gotten herself into.

This was not the making of a very good day.

"Goddam I hate this f**king sh*t stain of a floor..." Mari mumbled as she wiped beads of sweat off her face. She knew Azazel was in the tournament, and had bet on her, the last thing she needed to hear was that the one representative from her guild may loose, especially against someone from Absolute Pin. It didn't take Mari long to find Azazel, sitting on a dune - Mari approached her. "Yo." Came her simple response to the other woman. Mari actually didn't mind Azazel's company, it was rare to have someone who was in Mari's age bracket, and rarer for her to share a rapport with someone.

"I've done this quest once before; alas, I never got to complete it - since Zero bailed on me and I was too low a level at the time to do it on my own." She added in bitter annoyance. "So let's get this done quickly, I'm sure you want to rub defeat in AP's face as much as I do." 

Mari approached looking rather hot and sweaty. Anna was not going to hear the end of this is she blew the quest so she had to do her best to be useful and give Teayre the ass kicking her little red friend needed. “Thank you for coming,†Anna said as they began to head out. Zaz felt at ease with Mari, it wasn’t everyday she met a woman more talented or badass than herself. She admired the pretty woman deeply.

Anna smiled at the mention of Zero. It’d been a minute since she’d seen the handsome boy and she was starting to miss him a bit. She wasn’t surprised that Mari and Zero knew each other; she was unsure as to why it made sense, but in her mind it did. Mari spoke of rubbing the win in the face of the censored guild she left behind.

“I would love to do that,†Zaz said and grinned.

"Well then..." Mari said as she leant down, draping herself over Azazel's shoulder, resting her head into the crook of her neck, despite the heat. "I'll help you out here, but at the end of this, I'm calling in that favour." She added with an amused tone. It was clear she was in slightly better spirits than the last time they had seen each other, which had been back during the starter quest, destroying the Nepent.

Mari stood, stretching her back. "I hate this damn floor." She added. "So I'd love to get this over and done with, very quickly if you don't mind. Now - you have the quest information right? Here..." Mari sent Azazel a party invite; "This way we both can gain the rewards from this quest, since last time I wasn't able to beat the damn thing on my own. Now I could practically wipe it out in a single blow." She mused.

Azazel smiled as Mari draped herself upon Zaz’s shoulder and told her that once the quest was complete she’d be calling in her favor. Anna nodded resolutely; she would keep her promise no matter what it was that Mari asked of her. “But of course, I owe you for all you’ve already done for me… even more no,†she explained.

“I know it’s hot… I will do my best to make fast work of this so we can get you somewhere more comfortable so you don’t melt on me.†She laughed. A party request was sent and Anna accepted it. “There… now we’ll both reap the rewards. Now let’s get going… I would very much love to see you kill this thing in one shot,†Zaz never ceased to be impressed by Mari’s skills. The lady was just ridiculously overpowered, and it was pretty censored great.

Mari gave a small nod, eyes glancing to the top corner of her vision; to see Azazel's health bar. She had grown stronger. Considerably so. "That's good to see. I almost don't see the reason why you are stressed over this battle in the arena." Mari noted. "You're stronger than when we last spoke. I'd have to watch my back." Mari joked, as she started the slow descent down the sand hill toward the spawn point of the Shark. "I'll have to watch my back, can't have a guild member surpass me now can I? What sort of leader would I be then mmmm?"

Mari gave a small snicker, wiping another bead of sweat from her brow. "Speaking of which, I should look at appointing a 2IC at some point eh?"

BD: 9 (7+2 acc) HIT +6 DMG to Sharky

MD: 5 (7-2 Eva) Missed, Savvy activated

Zaz hurried after Mari and followed her downhill into the sand dunes where the sand shark lived. Mari said she wasn’t sure why Anna was so worried about the tournament, but Anna knew she had every right to be. The woman went even further to tease that she’ll have to watch her back, but Zaz never had any intention to harm Mari, ever. Women like them needed to stick together, not fight each other.

â€œI have level… not skill. I haven’t been able to balance the two, not yet. Teayre has been at this much longer than I, and she has skill and level. I’ve only gotten lucky in one fight so far, so I need to do better. Also, you won’t have to watch your back, I’ll grow stronger and watch it for you…â€She explained to Mari.

The pair didn’t have to go far before Anna noticed something odd about the sand. There seemed to be movement, where there was nothing there. “I think it’s found us…†Anna said with a smile as she pulled Azurewrath from her sheath. A thin line of sand rustled toward her and Zaz plunged her rapier down into the ground. The ground moved beneath her and a hole formed revealing the creature as it tried to snap at her. Zaz pulled her rapier from its back and kicked at the damn thing as it tried to bit at her.

“Well isn’t that something,†she said eyeballing the gigantic tan shark.  

Azazel 48/48

Mari/ 91/91

Sharky 44/50

ID:23834  BD: 6 + 3 =9   9 Damage + 5 Charge = 14

"Really?" 
Mari asked. "Well, I suppose I haven't had to think of skill - since that was what I worked on first, then my levels slowly caught up." She gave an idle shrug, "Now look at me, one of the, if not the strongest player in Aincrad." She gave a small, bitter laugh as she shook her head. "A certain someone would be proud, if he weren't six feet below."

Mari gave Azazel a puzzled look as she said she'd grow stronger to protect Mari, "why?" She asked, honestly confused at the sentiment.

There was no time for Azazel to reply, she quickly charged at the first sign of movement in the sand, successfully striking the Shark, Mari followed suit. Knowing its habbit of diving back under the sand. She wanted to get it before it disappeared again - she activated her charge skill, then smirked.  As she landed a direct hit, pulling out her ornate dagger before the mob disappeared under the sand.

Mari cracked her neck, hardening the grip on her dagger, "Tch...not quite used to the blade yet..."

Azazel 48/48

Mari/ 91/91

Sharky 30/50

BD: 10 (7 +2 acc+1 saavy) +6 dmg to sharky

MD: 0 (2-2 acc) Missed, savvy activated

Anna smiled as Mari asked her why Azazel would want to watch her back. She would have to explain, just not now. The giant shark was her first priority. While Mari had it busy with her attack Anna went in and slashed the thing again. Her blade Sliced cleaning against the gills and the large creature. “YES!†Anna hissed as this was going far better than she thought. With so much help from Mari she and the woman were crushing the beast without any real effort.  The shark snapped at them, but both women were far too fast for the damn thing to catch them.

Azazel 48/48

Mari     91/91

Sharky 24/50

ID:23836 BD: 2 + 3 = 5 FAIL

"Well, would ya look at that, the lil thing is down to half its health."
Mari said as she admired Azazel's fighting form.  The brown haired girl deftly dodged the Shark, as it rose up and out of the ground again; it's mouth snapping with row upon row upon row of razor sharp teeth, glinting in the harsh sun of the desert. 

Mari had almost forgotten to charge at the mob, being too preoccupied with watching Azazel's movements, "Ah, sh*t." she swore - as she realized that the shark had already dived back under the sand.

Azazel 48/48

Mari     91/91

Sharky 24/50

BD : 9 (6+2 acc+1savvy) +6 dmg to Sharky

MD: 4 (6-2 eva) Missed! Savvy activated

“Don’t worry about it!†She told the woman, “You’re amazing!!!†Anna grinned as thinking how much she loved to watch Mari fight, “So is that amazing blade of yours… I don’t think you were using that the last time we went into battle,†Anna said looking at the shiny piece curiously wondering if Mari would let her inspect it after the fight. “We’ll still crush this thing in no time.† With the creature at half health in only three hits from the pair, they were doing rather well.

Zaz moved in and ran her rapier into the creature again cutting down more of its health. She supposed she was doing so well because the one she admired so greatly was watching her. The Shark rose up onto the sand to try and clamp down on Azazel with its huge jaws but the woman hopped back to safety.

Azazel 48/48

Mari     91/91

Sharky 18/50

ID:23843  BD: 5 + 3 = 8

Azazel lashed at the Shark, throwing a compliment Mari's way, Mari followed suit, quickly striking the beasts underside. The Shark's HP dipped well into the red. "Well..." Mari mused, taking a more relaxed stance once she jumped back from the shark. "That didn't take a lot of work, one more hit, at least from me, and it's as good as dead." 

She looked down at her blade, tilting it from side to side. "Oh, yeh. Azazel, you hadn't heard?" Mari asked, offering the other woman a somewhat cocky grin. "I was the last to land the strike on the Floor 10 boss, and might I had I was also the one to find the Floor 11 boss."

Azazel 48/48

Mari     91/91

Sharky 9/50

BD: 5 (2+2acc +1 savvy) MISS

MD: 3 (5-2 eva) Missed savvy activated

“You did what?†Azazel was mid attack when Mari told her she’d taken out the floor ten boss. She was so stunned by Mari’s words and actions that she overshot the shark  as it sanpped up  at her, but also missed and ended up in the dirt. Zaz popped up and dusted herself off.

“You’re so amazing… that’s awesome Mari…†she was so stunned she had no idea what to say.

Azazel 48/48

Mari     91/91

Sharky 9/50

ID: BD: 6 LD: 1 No Loot  +1 Material

"To be honest, it wasn't hard, just frustrating, Shark was a mess in that battle, a complete and utter useless annoyance, missing his attacks, wandering over to lean against the wall and complain..." she sighed "You don't do that sh*t in a floor boss raid, he's lucky to be alive." 

Mari paused, to strike as the Shark rose up, bearing its teeth - "Not this time." She muttered as she got in the final strike. It burst into a series of polygons.

Mari sighed, as she grabbed the single material that the Shark had spawned, she was hoping for some extra col...or something....then there was that potion, Mari didn't even look at it - she just chucked it straight toward Azazel. "I don't need it, I can make  better things. There. Now that wasn't so hard now was it?" She said as she turned to face the brown haired girl.

Despite not taking any damage, or exerting any energy whatsoever Mari's breathing was ragged, from the constant heat of the floor.

Azazel 48/48

Mari     91/91

Sharky 0/50

Mari destroyed the heck out of the shark like it was nothing. The pair of women totally destroyed the shark before it could do anything to them. It was really kind of sad. The ended rather quickly, and now there was nothing for them to do but chill. Mari picked up the material and brought it to Anna.

“Thank you,†she said.  “Why don’t we get you out of here? I think there’s a hot spring on this floor, want to go? It’ll be my treat!†Anna said with a smile.

GIVEN: +1 Material

Mari groaned, she didn't exactly want to spend any more time than she had to on this floor. "Ugh...fine...since its with you." She muttered dryly, not meaning to take her aggravation of being on the floor out on Azazel. The two headed up back  toward the main settlement, but Mari, being a PKer had to take the long way around. There was a smaller settlement, Player Made; in which the hot springs resided. It took a good 20 minutes of walking till they had arrived. In their trek; Mari explained the details of the battle to Azazel, her annoyance at Shark, and how she was somewhat impressed with the way Crozeph and Rebekah picked up the slack in the battle, despite their lack of 'Night Vision' and how it was the main reason Crozeph was accepted into Cerulean Silence.

The two arrived at the hot springs, and Mari wasted no time in de-equipping her armour and clothes, not caring if the other woman saw her nude; she stepped into the springs with a long, low sigh. 

"ONly damn thing that is worth anything on this floor..."

Anna was glad Mari accepted the invitation. As Mari was a marked player, they had to take the long route but she didn’t mind; Mari was worth the trouble. The two walked awhile and eventually found themselves at the hot spring. Before Zaz even knew it Mari had disrobed and was in the water. She smiled as she checked out Mari before the pink haired woman got in the water. All in all this wasn’t a bad experience.  Zaz clicked hrough her inventory, putting everything up until she was undressed as well and joined Mari in the hot spring.

“This is rather pleasant isn’t it?†she said as she relaxed into the water.

Mari watched as the other woman dis-robed, almost slowly, almost on purposefully slow. Mari tilted her head to the side, raising an eyebrow at the woman. Who simply smiled back at Mari as she joined her in the water. Az asked if it was pleasant , and Mari shrugged, "Mmm, I guess so." She said, glancing to the side. The last time she was here, she was with Daeron, and he had continually tried to make advances toward Mari. Which she didn't really appreciate. 

Mari gave a long sigh, after a few moments of silence. "Ugh....sorry. I'm not good with....this...socializing  thing. It doesn't really work with me. People are too bitter, too easily offended - or too busy running, or plotting against me. It gets f**king annoying. Yes. This is nice." She muttered. 

There was another small silence, before Mari broke it. "Do you feel like you are set for the arena battle?"

“It’s fine. To be honest, I don’t socialize much myself, but I feel rather comfortable around you… so you know…†Anna said as she moved closer to where Mari was so they could talk. She sat a few feet from the pretty pink hair lady and stole a side glance at her bare form. She was lovely. Mari spoke againand Zaz averted her eyes so that she would not be caught staring. Mari’s question was a rough one.

“I’d like to say yes but I’m censored. Teayre hits harder than I do, but I can probably get new armor to deflect her attacks. She’s much swifter than I am as well. Especially since I’ll be losing my evasion bonus I gained from my armor for better protection from her hits. If I can get precision, I can cancel her speed, but that still doesn’t leave me looking good… barely breaking even. It might be as good as I can get in so small a time though.†She explained  the situation carefully.

Mari absently made ripples in the water with her hands, as she listened to Azazel talk, it was an innocent action; that would almost be considered 'cute' if you did not know her. "I see..."

Mari pulled out her dagger. "You know...this has a very interesting description; stating that it adheres to whatever your highest weapon skill rank is. I thought it odd. Considering it is called a Kusanagi, now I ain't smart when it comes to weapons, but I am pretty sure that's a f**king Katana." Mari turned the blood red blade in her hands, fingers gliding over the snakes that covered the handle. She opened up a trade window with Azazel, and placed it into the trade slot. 

"This is not a gift." Mari warned, "I want to test something, accept it, and equip it."