[F3] Piera's Potent Potions <<Rank 7 Alchemist>> (PK Accessible)

"If you want to be mad, blame Jomei and Lowenthal. They didn't tell me or I would have been the first one out there. By myself, if necessary," Mack rumbled in a low tone, his eyes narrowing slightly. "A babysitter is not negotiable. Chewie, you're staying here now. If Piera goes anywhere I expect you to alert me. I will give you far greater food rewards than she will." Mack crossed his arms over his broad chest and gave Piera a look that very much said that the matter was completely settled, so far as he was concerned. "A kidnapping will not happen again. If you don't like the bear solution then add me to the party that you and Lee are always in, the choice is yours. As for the crystals, I can find other alchemists." Mack tapped through a few more screens and sent Piera the trade request for sixteen hundred col. "Now, decide. The bear or a party up. I'm not leaving until I get my way and neither you nor Lee can inflict enough damage to kill me or have me physically removed."

-1600 Col

+Glitter Potion, 100 Proof Potion, Feline Potion, Werepotion

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

{OOC: Piera's only heard about the Velvet Room disbanding but not KobO absorbing the CB)

Piera blanched at the suggestion that she blame her two best friends. Throwing up her hands in a sign of annoyance she lied, "I don't want to blame anyone!" But when he implied that he did for the fact that he wasn't able to help, she glared. "Lowenthal told me that as soon as he found out about what had happened to us, he set of with Jomei. You didn't even hear about what happened until just now! You'd think the great and powerful Crimson Blades guild would be able to use their connections to realize that dozens of crafters were going missing!" Even as she said it, the alchemist knew she was out of line. Nobody had noticed. It wasn't anybody's fault.

She might have deflated and lost some of her bluster had Mack not immediately continued to press her over the need of a 'babysitter'. "Oh yes, because a twenty pound furry baby is excellent protection. I think I'll pass." The brunette's voice was simply dripping with sarcasm, unaffected by his stubborn gaze. But at his alternative, she did a double take, surprised that he remembered about her constant party with her boyfriend. Her virtual stomach tightened at the thought of watching another health bar being slowly chipped away at, her glare faltering as she winced at the memories.

Glancing up as a transaction window popped up in front of her, the bespectacled woman approved it dismissively before her expression hardened as Mack gave her an ultimatum. "We can't, but I could certainly call in two people that could if I wanted." She threatened with arched brow, knowing that she of course would never make good on the threat, but it didn't hurt for him to know that she wasn't alone in this. Lowenthal and Jomei weren't being this overbearing, so why should he?

"I'm not discussing it in a committee," Mack rumbled, crossing his arms over his chest. "You can either have a bearbysitter who will inform me when you go out and tag along so I can always find you. Or, you can party up," he continued, rolling his head around on his neck with an audible popping sound. "And, if you're referring to Jomei and Lowenthal. I am relatively certain I can beat the former in a duel, and I have beat the latter. Of course, there's also the little matter of Lowenthal being my subordinate in the Knights of the Blood Oath, now anyway. By all means, call them in and we shall see what happens if they want to cross blades with me. I'm not asking you if you want a big brother, I'm telling you that you're getting one. End of discussion. Choose."

Edited by Mack

Unconsciously mimicking Mack's stubborn arm position as her jaw clenched in reaction to his persistence. Usually she would make some sort of joke to the vague Star Wars reference, but she was too angry. Her fingers clenched into her arms as he straight up told her to 'bring it' before dropping the bomb that Lowenthal was his subordinate! And in a different guild at that! The brunette's mouth opened in shock, her arms dropping to her side. "H-He...didn't tell me... Knights? W-What about the Crimson Blades?" The sudden newsflash had the alchemist reeling, her anger dissipating slowly. She had heard a little about the Knights of the Blood Oath before their 'disappearance', but apparently a lot had happened during their absence. Frowning a little as she forced herself to think, the bespectacled young woman realized that there was no simple way to explain the sudden extra party member to her boyfriend and grudgingly said, "I'll take care of Chewie. He better not eat my familiar though..."

"The Blades have merged with the Knights of the Blood Oath, a few weeks ago," Mack replied, crossing his arms over his chest as Chewie continued to nose around the shop looking any and everywhere for both food and trouble. It was, most assuredly, his way. The ginger giant listened as Piera made her decision and nodded. "Chewie," he barked in a sharp tone, "Heel!" Dutifully, the bear came scampering over from where he had been and settled back on his haunches. Mack then sent a party request to the grizzly, who tapped it with a clawed paw and looked up at his master. "You are to stay here with Piera. Do NOT try to eat her griffin, it is NOT chicken. Any time she leaves this shop you are to go with her and you are to inform me. If she gets into any trouble, I am to be informed immediately, and you will bring me back to the spot. I will reward you with dragon steaks, do you understand?" Shockingly, the bear stood up on his hind paws and held his right forepaw to his forehead in a fair imitation of a salute. "Bill me for the prodigious amount of food he can eat."

At Mack's explanation of the guild's merger, Piera blinked rapidly as she processed this information. What to even say... She knew he had built the Crimson Blades from the ground up, was the founding member and leader, the glue that held them all together. But it sounded like he hadn't lost any members, simply gained new ones under a new name. Still... "I'm sorry." She wasn't sure what she was sorry about, or if it would mean anything, but the words came regardless. 

At the redhead's booming order to his familiar, the alchemist flinched slightly before watching Chewie scramble over to the axeman. He gave rather specific orders and Piera wondered if he'd really be able to follow them all. She wasn't sure of a familiar's full capabilities but Mack had certainly been with Chewie for long enough. If anyone could train that silly bear, it'd be him. A small smile was coaxed from her lips at the familiar's attempt to salute. It was rather adorable. Glancing back up at the large man, the bespectacled young woman nodded, though then paused in slight worry. "How much could one bear cup possibly eat?" Dear lord, what had she gotten herself into? A crease formed between her brow as Piera hesitated before stating, "Be safe Mack." It was a pointless thing to ask of someone in this situation. Any one of them could drop dead at any second even if they hadn't done anything wrong after all. But she could hope. 

• 11 months later...

ID: 79528
CD: 2+1=3 (Bad Item)
LD: 20
EXP: 1
Mat Salvaged

ID: 79529
CD: 6+1=7 (Good Item)
EXP: 2
-1 Mat

ID: 79530
CD: 3+1=4 (Good Item)
-1 Mat

ID: 79531
CD: 8+1=9 (Uncommon Item)
EXP: 3
-1 Mat

ID: 79532
CD: 9+1=10 (Rare Item)
EXP: 5
-1 Mats

ID: 79533
CD: 10+1=11 (Rare Item)
-1 Mat

ID: 79534
CD: 1+1=2 (Fail)
-1 Mat

Edited by Piera

It was around sunset and Piera was restless. She desperately didn't want to think but her options for things to keep her body and mind busy were few. Jareth trailed by her feet as she made her way down the stairs that separated her home from her shop. Though lately her shop was more 'home' than 'shop'. Business was slower than slow. It hadn't quite trailed to a complete stop in the past months, but she would go nearly a week without a customer sometimes. She could try harder. Craft more, get more materials, try to get some new connections... But she didn't want to think about any of that right now. Right now she just wanted her mind to be quiet. So the brunette took out several varying materials and began cleaning, cutting, grinding and preparing them overall while she hummed a song to which she could no longer remember the lyrics. That inevitably got her thinking about Jomei and she abruptly stopped. Her sigh drew a concerned trill from her owl griffin, who she simply petted distractedly as she stirred her cauldron. For one blissful hour, she was able to craft without thinking about anything. No friends dead or dying, not seeing Lee's health bar dip into the red. Not being forced against her will to craft crystal after crystal... Rubbing her face vigorously, Piera exhaled shakily before sending Lee a message and then quickly departing the now dim building and not returning until well into the night.

Spoiler

ID: 79827
CD: 11+1=12 (Perfect Item)
EXP: 8
-1 Mat

ID: 79828
-1 Mat

ID: 79829
-1 Mat

ID: 79830
CD: 7+1=8 (Uncommon Item)
-1 Mat

ID: 79831
-1 Mats

ID: 79832
-1 Mat

ID: 79834
CD: 3+1=4 (Good Item)
-1 Mat

Edited by Piera
  • 3 weeks later...

Walking into the shop he hasn't been with before, only slightly heard odd upon the third floor, Macradon would approach the Alchemy shop, even though he had been in many others, he wanted to try something new. "Let's see ... what do I really need ..." Macradon thought as he would approach the door. "Maybe I'll just ask what the owner can do" he would ponder and enter the small shop out on the outskirts. "Hey, is this an Alchemy shop?" Macradon would ask as he would enter. The not too tall knight would walk in, clad in red and white steel armor from top to toe ... actually maybe not top, maybe more something like torso to toe, as he weren't wearing any helmet. The insignia of the KoB were scattered many different areas upon the armor, shoulder pad, vambrace, poleyn and so on. It was unusual for someone at his level, 60, to come visit anywhere below the frontline's territory, but it was mostly because Macradon had his own shop down on the first floor where he mingled with many low and high leveled players alike, he wanted to give this shop a try if he could make any recommendations himself.

Piera was currently doing absolutely nothing productive, trying to distract her mind currently via playing with Jareth. She wasn't sure if it was just his programming or if the familiar somehow sensed her mood (it was a nice if fantastical thought) but he was very playful today, providing some much needed entertainment. The alchemist was currently dragging a string down the stairs that lead from the small balcony hallway down to the alchemy shop, the owl griffin's talons skidded on the wooden floors in an attempt to stop before running into the legs that weren't there a second ago and failed a little, face booping the white and red greaves.

"Oh. Um, hello. Jeez I'm sorry about that." A brunette approached the well armored player, string still dangling from her hand as Jareth shook his head and jumped to flap his wings and settle on his favorite perch, his mistress' shoulder. Said owner looked a little surprised at the intrusion, the green eyes behind the oval glasses lingering on the player's very telltale armor signifying most assuredly what guild he belonged to. The fact that a member of the Knights of the Blood Oath surprised her slightly more than the man's obvious level (how could that be in question considering his gear?). Though she had to admit, it certainly had been quite a while since anyone near his level had ventured into her shop. She had mainly been getting by selling to lower leveled players just getting by. No longer the top alchemist that frontliners put in multiple requests to.

At his question, Piera blinked dumbly before mentally shaking herself, "Yes! Sorry sorry, welcome to Piera's Potent Potions, this is definitely an alchemy shop." She gestured with a polite smile to her many displayed wares. "I'm Piera, er, probably already figured that out though..heh... I'm a rank six alchemist. Can I ask what you're looking for? If I don't have it in stock, I could still whip up what you need."

@Macradon

Edited by Piera

It had been a while since Shield had gone shopping through new stores. After all, most of his consumables came from Beat, and the few Beat couldn't make he got from Zandra, granted at a restrictively high price. He stepped into a shop that bore a name he recognized, wondering if it was owned by the player he suspected.

"Ah, Piera," he exclaimed, catching sight of the bespectacled shop keeper. "I hadn't expected to run into you so soon, but I can't say I'm unhappy that I did. I was wondering if you could take care of a few items for me." He handed over a piece of paper with a few items listed and the desired quantities of each. "I'd prefer to pay in Col, but if you're short on materials, I can cover you until you're able to restock. Neither money nor materials are any object, but time may be."

He opened a transfer window to pass her a few materials to get her started, waiting for the first batch to determine how much Col he would owe.

[Safeguard potion x 3]

Spoiler

Name: Safeguard Potion
Your Profession: Alchemist
Your Rank: [Leave Blank]
ID: [Leave Blank]
Roll: [Leave Blank]
Item Type: Potion
Tier:  1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancement: Safeguard
Description: [A description of the item]

[Mitigation Potion x 3]

Spoiler

Name: Damage Mitigation Potion
Tier:  2
Enhancement: Damage Mitigation

[Over-Health Potion x 3]

Spoiler

Name: Over-Healt Potion
Tier:  2
Enhancement: Over-Health

[-3 T2 materials]

"I'll also be buying a few of the items you already have in stock," he said, glancing over the selection before picking out five of the antidote crystals. "Those will be easy enough to pay for up front."

With the transfer window already opened, he passed her the requisite Col.

[-3000 Col, +5 Uncommon Antidote Crystals]

Edited by Shield

Piera looked up from where she was crouched, repositioning the various multicolored potions and crystals on display, Jareth doing the same from where he was dozing on the counter. Two sets of eyes focused on the tall player that entered the small shop as she greeted with warmth and surprise, "Oh, Shield. Hello." It was a little odd to her that he had just stumbled upon her in her shop like this, mainly because the concept of a high leveled player looking for a decent crafter on a low level floor was odd more so than he had simply been looking for her. But she wasn't about to turn her nose up at a customer!

Stepping closer to accept the sheaf of paper, she began reading through the list while simultaneously listening to the tank explain that col and mats were no issue. It was all rather...nostalgic, as was obvious by her expression as her eyes took on a faraway look for a moment before a pinch formed between her brow as they refocused on the items listed before her, putting two and two together finally.

"...This is for a floor boss fight, isn't it?" Green eyes flicked up to meet Shield's, all business behind her glasses now. "How soon before they start it? Any guess?" She needed to know what sort of time frame she was working with before she accepted. She hated not being able to send out a customer that had been counting on her properly prepared. "And I don't require any up-front payment for goods. You buy them when you pick them up. If you don't pick them up within a certain amount of time...well someone else is bound to eventually. And...I have to admit, I don't have any tier two materials at the moment, but I'll work on getting some to complete your order." It may look bad, but she preferred to be honest.

Nodding in acceptance as Shield stated that he'd also be buying a few of the items that she currently had in stock, the brunette swiped open her menu, noting a few things down before starting a rough draft of a message. Once he had picked out the Antidote Crystals, she nodded once more before asking, "Do you have a Teleport Crystal yet? I'll sell one to you half off if you want." She never liked the idea of any frontliner not having one when going on a boss fight.

[+3,000 Col, -5 Uncommon Antidote Crystals, +3 Tier 2 Materials]

@Shield

Spoiler

Name: Antidote Crystal
ID: 34752 CD: 8
Alchemist Rank: 6
Item Rank: Uncommon
Effect: Protects user from status effects for a short time.
Description:
A green rectangular crystal that negates the next status effect applied to the user. This works as a counter to status ailments such as Bleed, Paralyze, Burn or Poison.

ID: 35177 CD: 9
Description:
A green rectangular crystal that negates the next status effect applied to the user. This works as a counter to status ailments such as Bleed, Paralyze, Burn or Poison.

ID: 35181 CD: 9
Description:

ID: 35182 CD: 9
Description:

ID: 35508 CD: 9
Description:

Edited by Piera

Looking down on the small Owl-mix-kin that had just booped onto him, Macradon would smile and giggle lightly. "No need to worry" he would reply to the apology. He had been taking way harder hits that that and still be able to walk away without any major damage, so it was no big deal at all. Nodding in amusement as this was indeed an alchemy shop, Macradon would look through the list of items he was in need of. Damage potions. “I’ll be needing 6 potions in total. 3 Tier 2 Damage potions and 3 Tier 2 Mitigation potions” Macradon said as he would scroll through his inventory and find the things he needed to pay with. Extracting a small pouch with 24 Tier 2 materials, Macradon would hand them over. “I got these from the 20th floor’s labyrinth … those monsters were quite … dangerous, so I guess I should prepare myself some better with these potions, they’re definitely a great investment” he said with a smile.

-24 T2 Materials

Mildly encouraged by the otherwise intimidating warrior's giggle, Piera smiled slightly, still feeling slightly awkward with the member of the Knights, wanting to ask several questions but knowing probably none of them were very appropriate to ask suddenly of a stranger. Straightening as he got down to business, the alchemist quickly opened her window to write down the information, fingers flying over the hovering keys. She noted that he requested potions and not crystals. Which showed that he was an experienced enough player to understand that for these type of items, crystals weren't really needed. She was just about to ask him something when he handed her something, prompting her to automatically accept without thought. But as a small message popped up to inform her that she was now twenty four times richer in tier two materials, the healer's green eyes bulged behind her glasses, mouth gaping like a fish. Jeez, she thought these days were behind her, not that she was complaining! "I-! Uh, yeah!" Blinking rapidly, she cleared her throat and her mind, shaking her head before replying coherently, "Wh-What makes you so sure I'm a good investment though? Not that I'm not! It's just uh...I've never had a stranger just throw mats at me, heh. Oh um, speaking of which, what's your name?" She held out her hand to shake his. "Don't worry though, I'm as good alchemist as I am healer. I won't let you down, or let your materials go to waste. Um, but I do feel like I need to mention...this is a bit of an unfair trade? For just six potions that is..."

@Macradon

Spoiler

ID: 81733
-1 Mat

ID: 81734
-1 Mat

ID: 81735
-1 Mat

ID: 81736
LD: 20
Material Salvaged

ID: 81737
CD: 12+1=13 (Perfect Item)
-1 Mat

ID: 81738
-1 Mat

ID: 81739
CD: 5+1=6 (Good Item)
-1 Mat

Edited by Piera

Looking at the young girl, Macradon would let out a slight chordle in glee “Well … you could say you’re a good investment. When I buy items from you, you gain experience in your field when crafting, which in turn makes you a better alchemist which also means you’ll get better items quicker which then in turn makes it faster for me to get the items I need and so on” he said with a smirk. Quickly raising an eyebrow, Macradon had forgotten to really introduce himself “Oh yeah, I forgot. I’m Macradon, Vanguard Commander of the KoB” he would say and let out his hand for hand shake. Quickly glancing at the pricing tags, Macradon would look confused at the young alchemist “Isn’t that the price, though? 4 materials per perfect potion. So 6 potions at 4 each makes 24 materials. Unless there’s something I’m not getting?” Macradon would say. “You say you’re a healer, right? I think I could ‘borrow’ your time at other occasions, then” he said with a smile.

At Macradon's circular but still understandable logic, Piera smiled warmly with a chuckle. "Touche. I guess I'm a bit rusty having customers again, don't mind me." Smiling brightly and only slightly dimming as Macradon introduced himself, including his rank and guild, the healer shook his hand firmly, meeting his eyes. He seemed a decent teen, she shouldn't be so hesitant just because of what guild he was in. He probably didn't even have anything to do with the matter, she was being silly.

Staring blankly up at the tall armored young man as he explained about the materials, Piera blinked once before wincing at her own stupidity, bringing her hand up to her forehead quickly in a fairly universal symbol of a facepalm. "Nnn, yes yes. You're right of course. Sorry, english major. Math was always the bane of my existence." Looking extremely embarrassed, the brunette shifted under Macradon's gaze, futzing with her hair. But as his rhetorical question about her healer status that she nodded to anyways, her head tilted in curiosity. "Oh? I'm always willing to lend a hand." Then suddenly realizing something, she stated, "But uh, I should be clear that I'm only level 17... Not exactly frontliner material..."

{OOC: @Macradon - "young girl" lol. Not sure if I should be flattered or mildly insulted. I'll settle for amused. Piera's 25, bout six years older than Mac haha. }

ID: 81820
CD: 4+1=5 (Good Item)
-1 Mat

ID: 81821
-1 Mat

ID: 81824
CD: 1+1=2 (Bad Item)
LD: 12+1=13
-1 Mat

ID: 81825
-1 Mat

ID: 81826
CD: 8+1=9 (Uncommon Item)
-1 Mat

ID: 81827
CD: 12+1=13 (Perfect Item)
-1 Mat

ID: 81828
CD: 5+1=6 (Good Item)
-1 Mat

ID: 81829
LD: 16+1=17
Mat Salvaged

Edited by Piera

He would nod, understanding the issue of being a lower leveled player. “I’m not really in need of frontline material” he would say with a smile. "Your level wouldn’t really be something I’ll look upon as a hinderance. I’m level 60, and I should be more than capable of making monsters focus me over you, so if you just heal me, I think we’ll be able to go through most dangers that doesn’t involve a boss with AOE attacks” he would say with a wink. If these to would become partners in crime, clearing quest by quest by quest, the two would be able to reach the top in no time, as well as her to reach the capabilities of what the frontlines needed. Macradon had been away for quite some time from the lower floors, so it was about time he began helping those that weren’t fit for the frontlines yet. He would show a thumbs up at the alchemist and smile "It won't be a problem at all, I'll sure to keep the pesky monsters away!" he said and would laugh just slightly at that notion.

Piera would listen carefully as the more experienced player assured her thay he wasn't really looking for frontline material, just a healer. Smiling hopefully at the opportunity, the alchemist nodded at his reassurances. "And an AOE boss isn't likely. ...right? Heh..." She just wanted to make sure she had all her bases covered. At Macradon's enthusiastic thumbs up, the brunette would chuckle a little. "Good. Er, thank you. Well besides crafting, my schedule's pretty clear. So just let me know whenever you want to go out and where."

He had been looking for an available shop that sold potions and crystals at his tier level for some time. It was hard enough trying to build up some funds to purchase gear but when you wanted to but consumable items it always seemed extremely difficult just to find ones you could actually use. Spotting the alchemist shop "Piera's Potent Potions" he decided to step in and try his luck. Though, he didn't actually expect to have good luck with the fact that the owner's chose of alliteration led him to believe they probably focused on the tier two consumables.

It was quite a happy surprise for him to see that this Piera person did in fact have tier one consumables. Damage and Mitigation ones in fact. Not caring too much about the quality, he quickly picked out a couple of the potions and looked to the girl, "I'd like to get these items if I could. I'm planning on doing a lot of mob grinding and I'd like to be able to not worry too much about running out of energy or even low on health." Opening a trade window, he offered the necessary Col total as he looked further at the crystals. Spotting an interesting one, he pointed it out to her. "I'd also like to get that Healing Sweep. Maybe it'll come in handy during a boss fight or dungeon raid."

(-5,200 Col; +Items Below)

Name: Damage Potion

Your Profession: Alchemist
Your Rank: 6
ID: 79531
Roll: 9
Item Type: Potion
Tier: 1
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: Damage
Description: A triangular shaped clear vial filled with purple liquid with the odor of fresh tree sap and the taste of plums. After consumption, gives player plus one damage for a single thread.

Name: Essence of Bulk Up
ID: 79533
Roll: 11
Quality: Rare
Description: A round glass vial filled with cloudy white liquid with the odor of fresh milk and the taste of a protein shake. After consumption, gives player plus one damage for a single thread.

Name: Ssendom's Bloodrage
ID: 79832
Roll: 12
Item Type: Potion Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Description: A tall rectangular glass vial filled with dark red liquid that has the tang of an energy drink combined with the bite of iron. After consumption, gives the user plus three to their damage for one thread.

Name: Infusion of Ironbark
ID: 79532
Roll: 10
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: Damage Mitigation
Description: A square vial filled with dark grey sticky liquid that smells of dirt and tastes like tree bark. After consumption, gives player plus 18 damage mitigation for a single thread.

Name: Infusion of Chitin
ID: 79830
Roll: 8
Item Type: Potion Tier: 1
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: Damage Mitigation
Description: A oblong vial of sticky orange liquid that smells of salt and tastes of an odd combination of oranges and stale bacon. When consumed, gives player nine damage mitigation points for one thread.

Name: Healing Sweep
ID: 79829
Roll: 12
Item Type: Crystal
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: Mass HP Recovery
Description: A large rectangular red crystal that when activated, instantly heals the user and the user's entire party for forty five HP.

Edited by Vargas