[SP-FL1] What Lies Within [COMPLETE]

What Lies Within

There have been rumors lately that have been causing people to become concerned over going into the forest alone.  People have been seeing things that seem like foxes, raccoon's, and other creatures that don't seem to attack the player, more than play tricks on them.  This wouldn't really be a problem, if some of those tricks didn't turn into full on deathtraps.  A hunt would have been made, if the people of the first floor weren't so scared to even fight.

Taking only his Anneal Blade and Wolf Pelt Vest, a warrior in wolves attire would be the one to take on the denizens of the forest.

Edited by Hirru

I found myself going through the forest on a message that there were creatures out here that would trick people into following them.  Reports also say that some were able to lead players into deathtraps that would kill the players.  I don't know why I entered on my own, maybe I wanted to know more about these monsters that could trick anyone into following them.  As I walked, something about the woods didn't seem right.  I pulled my sword from its sheath.

"What goes there!"

A small fox like creature stepped out from behind a tree and stared at me.  It looked like a blue furred fox, with what looked like small wings.  It came bounding towards me, but it didn't look like it was going to attack.  When it finally came into focus, the cursor and name indicating that it was an enemy.  Held my sword between me and it, but it continued towards me.

At that moment, something moved at the corner of my eye, and my instincts told me to swing my sword up.  As I did, a small creature that looked like a raccoon lunged at me, but my blade caught it first and flung it off course into a tree.  It hit the tree in a comical manner before falling to the ground.  I guarded myself from the two, but the fox had disappeared by that time.

[ID = 27204][BD = 9][MD = 1-1=0]

[Hirru = 25/25]
[Rakkun = 9/13]

Edited by Hirru

I kept my eye on the creature that looked like a raccoon.  It's name popped up showing a rather hilarious name, Rakkun.  It's like someone was too lazy to name it the actual thing, or someone wanted to make it cuter than it already is.  I wouldn't lie, it kind of was.

It rushed towards me, but I caught its attempt to attack me with a well timed <<Slant>>.  It was thrown back into the same tree and looked at me with solemn eyes before it raised a paw to wave goodbye.  My eyebrow raised before the floor under me broke to reveal a shallow pit of thorns.  I instantly took damage from them before I could get out.  Before I could, however, the Rakkun jumped on my shoulder and rubbed its head on my cheek before jumping back to the surface.

"I'm deeply confused"

[ID = 27208][BD = 10][MD  7-1= 6]

[Hirru = 24/25]
[Rakkun = 4/13]

Edited by Hirru

"Do you want to attack me, or just cause me deep confusion?"

I asked it, but since it was a monster, it wouldn't really respond.  In the meantime, it came towards me more cautiously this time.  I didn't know what to do about it, and decided to let it get near.  It didn't really do anything as it came towards me.  It stopped before my leg and started rubbing itself on my leg.  I don't know if it was the amount of adorableness in this creature, or the battle healing skill, but my HP recovered to full.

"Well, aren't you the weirdest one.  Usually, monsters try to attack me when I hit them."

[ID = 27212][BD = 3][MD  4-1= 3]
[CD = 10] +1 HP

[Hirru = 25/25]
[Rakkun = 4/13]

Edited by Hirru

As I talked to the little guy, something felt off.  Not the rakkun, but something else within the forest.  It was then that the instincts of a wolf hit me which made me move out of the way of a spiked log that came flying by on vines.  The Rakkun scurried away from me as I made the sudden movements.

"Either you're trying to kill me with adorableness, or something else is trying to kill me with thorns.  I don't know which one, but I won't allow either."

[ID = 27215][BD = 5][MD  6-1= 5]

[Hirru = 25/25]
[Rakkun = 4/13]

Edited by Hirru

It was then that I remembered what those reports said.  These creatures would lure someone towards a trap, or stall them long enough for a trap to ensnare them.  It would make sense as these monsters had a more likable appearance and could easily trap someone in a sense of security, if they didn't know any better.

Figuring that this is the case, I readied my blade against the Rakkun.  It came towards me cautiously again, but I wasn't having any of that.  My blade flashed forward hitting the Rakkun, making it roll backwards.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not dying because of an adorable trap."

((That came out wrong))

[ID = 27217][BD = 6][MD  3-1= 2]

[Hirru = 25/25]
[Rakkun = 1/13]

Edited by Hirru

I watched as the Rakkun tried to come towards me again, and yet again, my blade found its mark.  The poor creature squeaked before bursting into a bunch of light shards.  I looked around for anything else before letting my guard down.  The fox was still out there, and could be the one that was messing with me while the Rakkun was distracting me.  I needed to keep my concentration up unless I get attacked again.

At that moment, I got a notification for the Rakkun that I killed.  It appears that I got something out of it.  Looking at the item, I had to chuckle a bit.

Name: Kun Fur Hat

ID: 27226

Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/8554-sp-fl1-what-lies-within/?do=findComment&comment=408817

Item Type: Leather Armor

Quality: Uncommon

Enhancements: Evasion +1

Description: A hat made out of the hide, fur, and tail of a Rakkun.  An uncanny instinct to scurry away from danger can be felt from the fold of its fur.

"You would think that a Rakkun would be smarter than to just run straight into a blade?  Oh well, I got a new hat!" ~

I equipped it immediately, which appeared on my head.  It fit snugly and comfortably as though it was truly made for me.  Moving my head from side to side, I could feel something on the back of my neck.  Feeling with my hand, I found something furry hanging from the cap.  Pulling it into view, I could see the distinct features of the Rakkun's tail, in fact, it WAS the Rakkun's tail.

"I better not have any Rakkun's thinking that I'm a friend anymore."

[ID = 27226][BD = 8][MD 5 -1= 4]
[LD = 19] Uncommon Item Get! + Mat

[Hirru = 25/25]
[Rakkun = 0/13]
[Mats = 1]

Edited by Hirru

Even more so now, than ever.  I could feel the natural instincts of an animal from the fragments of armor that I have obtained.  Nothing seemed to be coming at me, so I decided to search for it.  There was a fox out there that was going to have a big problem once I found it.  If I find it, that is.

As I rounded another tree, I was jump at by another Rakkun.  These guys must love me, if they keep coming at me like this.  I moved out of the way of the beast while driving my blade along where I stood.  It caught the kun along its side as it continued its decent towards the ground.  It landed quite well and faced me with the cute little face that only a cold hearted person wouldn't love.

Unfortunately, I was having none of that!

[ID = 27241][BD = 6][MD  5-2= 3]

[Hirru = 25/25]
[Rakkun = 10/13]
[Mats = 1]

Edited by Hirru

I kept my eyes on the enemy as it edged closer to me.  The Rakkun stopped where it was before it held out its paw in a show of apology.  I don't know what this thing wants, but it couldn't be good.  As I reached my off hand towards it, an inkling of danger crept through me and I pulled my arm back.  I wasn't fast enough as another tree trunk slammed into my free hand causing damage plus thorned damage.  Was everything thorned?

The Rakkun looked at me before running up and stealing a snuggle.  I simply batted it away with my sword.  I was having none of that right now.

[ID = 27246][BD = 8][MD  9-2= 7]

[Hirru = 23/25]
[Rakkun = 7/13]
[Mats = 1]

Edited by Hirru

As if by clockwork, the Rakkun tried again to get my attention.  I leaned in slightly before leaning back thinking that something would be hurtling my way.  Nothing happened.

"Hmm, I guess it only happens when I'm fully engrossed in whatever you're doing, huh."

Saying that made its head cock to the side before inching towards me again.  A good golf swing of the blade knocked it back a few paces.  This was becoming a little sadistic on my part, and I didn't really like it.

[ID = 27274][BD = 8][MD  4-2= 2]

[Hirru = 23/25]
[Rakkun = 4/13]
[Mats = 1]

Edited by Hirru

As I wasn't really having any of trickery, I did not want to have an image of myself being a killer of cute animals.  Though, the kun hat and wolf vest kind of defeats that purpose.  I kept my eye on the little critter before I noticed my health rise from my battle healing skill.  If it wasn't for that, I would probably have a hard time.  Though, by now, these traps have been doing barely anything to him.

"Come on you blue-furred cupid winged canine!  I'm not having any of your Kun distractions!"

[ID = 27312][BD = 2][MD  3-2= 1]
[CD = 10] +1 HP

[Hirru = 24/25]
[Rakkun = 4/13]
[Mats = 1]

Edited by Hirru

I was getting tired of this game that we were playing.  After a long while of staring at this Rakkun, I seriously don't think that it wants to hurt me, but every so often the trap seems to come from interaction with the critter.  Maybe, whatever is causing this was having fun toying with me in the shadows.  It was having a grand ole time, at my expense.  I was having none of that, and shouted out to the forest,

"Is this a game to you?"

"Squeak?"

"Not you, Rakkun!"

[ID = 27318][BD = 2][MD 4-2= 2]

[Hirru = 24/25]
[Rakkun = 4/13]
[Mats = 1]

Edited by Hirru

I listened for anything to tell me what is going on.  Why they wanted to make me suffer?  Why this world wanted to make me a sadistic critter killer.  I quickly shook that last one off.

"I am not sadistic...am I?"

"Squeak."

"Thank you Rakkun, you are quite helpful."

By the gods and goddesses above, I was talking to a Rakkun.  I have finally fallen off the deep end of the mind game pool.  If I hadn't cracked before, I had now.  I needed to end this somehow, or not.  Who knows if this was really in my head, or I was really getting f**ked with.

[ID = 27334][BD = 2][MD  5-2= 3]

[Hirru = 24/25]
[Rakkun = 4/13]
[Mats = 1]

Edited by Hirru

Sure enough, to answer my deepest wishes, another log came hurtling at me.  If it wasn't for the fact that I didn't want to be hit, I would have embraced the thorn covered log with my face, but I instead moved out of the way of its trajectory.  As I moved out of the way, the Rakkun took this time to scurry up my leg and onto my shoulder.

"Fine!  Only if you can tell me where this stupid fox is!"

"Squea?"

"No, I guess not, huh."

[ID = 27336][BD = 5][MD 7-2=5 ]

[Hirru = 24/25]
[Rakkun = 4/13]
[Mats = 1]

Edited by Hirru

Walking throught the forest, I had to keep my focus away from the Rakkun that was now sitting in the Kun Fur Hat.  As soon as I was about to call it quits, another Rakkun appeared.  I sighed as I stared at it.

"A friend of yours?"

The Rakkun on my head moved a bit, and the other Rakkun waved at it, making me think that they were waving at each other.  The other Rakkun slowly inched closer.  I instantly pointed my blade at it, making it step back a bit.

"Oh no!  The seat is already occupied!"

[ID = 27388][BD = 2][MD  5-2= 3]

[Hirru = 24/25]
[Rakkun = 4/13]

[Rakkun = 13/13]
[Mats = 1]

Edited by Hirru

I kept my blade pointed at the little guy as it inched forward.  I meant what I said when the one on my head was the only one allowed on right now.  If anymore were to ride on top of me, my strength would fail me.  I don't think that I have that kind of build, anyway as I'm mostly a mix build of STR and AGI.  That's what people kept telling me from when we talked about stats.

The Rakkun came closer to me and I had to make my demands known to it.  My blade raised slightly for it to run underneath, before the blade was brought right back down.  The Rakkun scurried back away from me and stared at me.  The one on my head poked my forehead with its paw.

"Squeak squeak!"

"I don't know what you said, but it sounded like you're about ready to get thrown off."

It buried itself in my hat after I said that.

"I thought so."

[ID = 27397][BD = 9[MD  2-2= 0]

[Hirru = 24/25]
[Rakkun = 4/13][On head]

[Rakkun = 9/13]
[Mats = 1]

Edited by Hirru

At this point in time, I was pretty much prepared for what was going to happen next.  Finding myself with another Rakkun meant that something was bound to happen.  I knew it wasn't the Rakkun's fault anymore as the one on my head was doing nothing, but ruffle my new fur hat.  In fact, I probably wasn't going to care if it did climb up my pant leg and onto my shoulder, if something came crashing down towards me.

Something caught my ear and I swung around to find something flying by my ear, where my head used to be.  A sound behind me drove me to look and see an arrow stuck to the tree before it shattered.

"Squeak!"

"Squea Squee!"

"I already get it!"

[ID = 27422][BD = 2][MD  7-2= 5]
[CD = 10] +1 Health

[Hirru = 25/25]
[Rakkun = 4/13][On head]

[Rakkun = 9/13][Shoulder]
[Mats = 1]

Edited by Hirru

"Please tell me that there are not more of you guys.."

I asked the two Rakkuns that were now perched on top of me.  They seemed to like it there, or they couldn't get enough of the hat.  Either way, they were a menace no matter.  I would have to get rid of them somehow, before more of them start to pile on as well.  

The only thing that seemed right was a piece of wood about the size of a fair sized log.  It was covered in thorns, which meant that it was one of the logs that had been thrown at him before.

Moving towards the log, I had inadvertently moved out of the way of another arrow.  What ever wanted me dead, was certainly failing in their job; they should be fired for their actions.  I shook that thought from my head as it felt quite foreign.  I raised my blade and cut into the log and got a material piece out of it.

"Neat!  Anything else that you guys want to show me?"

[ID = 27430][BD = 2][MD 6-2= 4]
[LD = 15] +1 Mat

[Hirru = 25/25]
[Rakkun = 4/13][On head]

[Rakkun = 9/13][Shoulder]
[Mats = 2]

Edited by Hirru

The one on my head pointed outward to one side while the other one pointed to the opposite direction.  From what they were squeaking about, something was in both directions, but were in disagreement with each other.  One would squeak while another hissed, and before I knew it, they were fighting on top of my head.

Having none of that, positioned my sword so that it was pointing that which ever was on top of my head, and stabbed through it.  Another saddened squeak sounded out before my head was showered in the light of the dead mob.  The other one that had survived had taken its place on my head.

"Last time, I'm warning you!  No more riders!"

"Squee!"

[ID = 27477][BD = 10][MD 1-2= -1]

[Hirru = 25/25]
[Rakkun = 0/13][On head]

[Rakkun = 9/13][On head]
[Mats = 3]

Edited by Hirru

I walked on towards that direction that this Rakkun was pointing me to.  Sometimes, it would point towards a tree, but once I got there, it would point towards another farther down the line.  I was pretty sure that this thing was lost at this point, and was about to throw it off when I heard the same noise that came whenever an arrow was coming.  I turned to avoid it, but it slammed into me before I could act.

A brief ounce of pain shot through me.  When was that a thing?  There shouldn't be any pain experienced in this world, unless you psychologically felt it.  No, this was real, and it hurt quite a bit.  Pulling the arrow out, I threw it to the ground causing it to shatter.

"Where are you?!  Quit hiding in the shadows like a coward, and fight me!"

"You would like that, wouldn't you.."

[ID = 27478][BD = 1][MD 8-2= 6]
[CD = 10] +1 HP

[Hirru = 24/25]

[Rakkun = 9/13][On head]
[Mats = 3]

Edited by Hirru