Hello SAO,

It's been years since I last built a PC, after realizing how many times lately that I need a 64-bit system as my 32-bit system can't do the things I want it to or play the games I want to play, I need a new PC.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Erroneously/saved/JxYCmG

Above is a link of the parts of what I had in mind. For you PC savvy people, what do you think of what I've chosen thus far?

Looks good to me, although if you plan on using the PC for other things I would maybe recommend getting a hard drive as well. I use my SSD as a boot drive/for games and my HDD for everything else like recording and renders and stuff, since they tend to really chew through disk space quick. My old build had an 8350 so I think you'll really be happy with that, but I don't remember it being particularly good with overclocking. I've heard good things about the GTX 960 too.

Edited by Takao

That build is rather nice, and quite similar to mine. I personally use an AMD-6300 6 Core, But have heard good things from Eight Core users. I am not sure about that fan too much, I personally just use Water cooling on my custom, But it's whatever you think is best. As for the Motherboard, I use Asus, As I do not like ASrock ones all to well, I have just had some bad experience's with them personally. (Things like easy shortout and denying certain RAM cards) I am more of a Nvidia fan, with my fancy TI 960, Though Nividia tends to have driver compatibility problems with some popular games, It is easily overlooked for their performance and price. Memory, SSD is a great choice as it loads faster than Disk, But the price is generally way higher.  As a person who does personal coding, Mega 13-20 hour gaming sessions (Tons of mods included) I couldn't survive with anything less than 700 GB, However, far too often do people pay too much for memory they will never use, so That is completely up to you.

All around for a $1k build it is pretty great, and I am sure will be mostly efficient. I vote it a good build.

• 4 weeks later...