[PP-F11] Paving the way to Floor 12

Nikki looked up at him a moment or two before looking back out at all the other players that had now gathered. The group was large, almost as big as the one from floor 8. They were all much more powerful now too, able to handout much more damage. The boss really didnt stand a chance in this case. However she still had her own reasons to be afraid. Not for herself though. She had spent hours determining the best build she could muster. Every skill point had been meticulously placed to allow for maximum protection. Her gear had been hunted down and sought after to compliment her mitigation. She had begun to fashion herself into a more efficient tank. Miaki had practiced his skills, often staying up late to become better, but when he slept that's when she went to work. She would slip out late at night and fight with as many creatures as she could, allowing them to attack her over and over. This helped her retain the proper tank mindset, as well as helped her refine her new style of blocking.

"I'm fine" She said with a smile to answer his question. She wasn't afraid now in fact she was more than ready. She had really just wanted to avoid the crowd for a moment. Nikki knew she was going into the room first. Her job today was simple, go in and lure anything that wasn't the boss, to the far side of the room. She would keep their focus, and dance with them while her team tore them apart. It was really very simple. But she did have to remain focused, her new tanking style required it. She couldn't afford to get pulled into conversations with other players until after.

She stood in silence for a moment before she unequipped her cloak sending it back to her inventory. As it pixelled away it revealed her form fully. She looked almost the same as she had from the floor 8 boss, though now she didn't carry a weapon. "So I'm going to open the door and lure all the small mobs to me. That will free up the boss for the clearing party." Her smile broadened a bit as she spoke. "Im not using a weapon because I know you and Zel will destroy everything for me." She knew also that Miaki and Zel would be safe as they would have no Hatred. Nothing would be interested in them until later. In truth this would be a very unstressful boss fight.

"Just remember what your in their for." She raised a hand placing it on his cheek for a moment as she spoke. "I know how protective you are. Just remember, I'm going to get hit, a lot. It's my job. Keep focused and everything will be fine." She leaned in and gave him a quick kiss before pulling away. He really was a sweet man, and his heart was bigger than anyone else she had ever met. This meant that she knew he would worry about her, and fight to not break rank when she started to get attacked. But she also knew he was a good soldier capable of following orders to the letter. "There is more waiting for you after we are done." She said licking her lips as she pulled further away.

Her smile had become Devious as she turned away from Miaki and trailed off through the crowd. Her long shield making it more difficult as she slipped past players making her towards Zelrius. "Hello Sir, Could I get some additional Mit?" She asked with a gentle head nod. Zelrius handed her a Crystal, and Nikki quickly used it and checked her stats. Her armor had raised by 9 points, bringing her total up to 63. She was that much closer to being untouchable. "Thank you for that."[/color she said with a smile before walking off to stand by the door.

Updated Stats

Level - 20
HP - 80
ENE - 20
DPS - 1
Mit - 54+9=63
Regen - 6
Thorns - 4
Paralyze - 1

Heavy Armor - 1
Block - 4
Howl

Meditation - 0
Disguise

Breast Plate of the Unbreakable (Armor) +9 Mit
The Razor's Edge (Shield) +4 Thorns, 1 Paralyze
Sanguine Gauntlet (Armor) +6 Regen

Teleport Crystal x1

Edited by Nikki Styx
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The blonde walked over to the small group that have gathered here, as she remembered the names, Ariel, Calrex, Teayre. This was going to be a strong group among them against the third boss. She knew that all three of them were stronger than her, as the weak link of the group but she was going to buff herself out to make her as strong as they are. "Good luck everyone," Rebekah says. It was the first time that she has worked with Teayre, but she knew Ariel and Calrex from a long time ago. How times have changed, she still remembered a long time ago, she was stronger than all three of them, but nowadays things are different. Zelrius was talking about something about consumables, which reminded her, she was now going to have her french fries. She wondered was there a battleplan for their group, or just to hit hard and take out the boss immediately.

Consumed: Rosemary French Fries (+2 ACC)

ACC: 3 + 2 = 5

Takao stared at the lemon that was placed in his hand and glanced up at Zelrius. He'd brought plenty of energy restoring items for himself, and had distributed plenty at his shop prior to his attendance, so he simply stowed the odd item away into his inventory and shrugged it off. While his inventory was open, he retrieved another item - a crystal. Despite having already buffed himself earlier before coming, he wasn't quite satisfied yet. He glanced down at the glittering crystal and tightened his grip. The item shattered in his hands, turning to the familiar colourful fragments as the effect was applied to him. His gaze turned skyward as he looked beneath his health gauge, noting the pair of icons that displayed the effects he was under.

The brunet reached over his shoulder and tightly grasped the handle of his sword. He slid it from its scabbard and held the blade outward with the flat facing him. The matte black spine obscured the mirror-polished steel, only permitting the edges to cast a reflection. "This'll be the biggest, baddest dude we've taken on yet." His thoughts began to wander as his gaze shifted from his reflection in the blade to the group that had gathered. He counted twelve or so, a much better turnout than how he'd heard the last boss fight to have had. The crowd was lacking a few faces he'd been expecting to see, though their absence hadn't worried him any more than he already was. A light chuckle escaped his lungs amidst an uneasy breath. "The more I think about it, the more nervous it makes me... So no more thinking, just... be chill." His scrambled thoughts began to settle, and his breaths became smooth and easy. The waist tall blade was turned and placed point-down beside him, with his glove clad right hand loosely hanging over the cross-guard.

- -

«Damage Crystal 3» used. +3 Damage

Seeing as all of them were finishing their respective preparations Ariel decided to continue with hers as well. Summoning her inventory once again she produced a short rod, about twenty centimeters and pointy in each end and thicker in the middle, about seven centimeters thick. It is was red like a ruby and tiny pieces of the same material and color as the crystal is floating around it. 'Okay Zandra, I'll be using it as you told me. Even if you won't be here in person, your support will help us take the Crusader down.' she ended that thought with a sigh and a smile, firmly grabbing the thing in her left hand and then slamming the crystal against her right vambrace, dyeing the crowned lion logo from white to red. Her HP bar has also gained additional length as she felt a light tingle throughout her body.

To her surprise, yet another familiar...almost nostalgic figure joined the raid boss team. She returned the wave with a smile and trailed Kiru with her silver eyes as she went to talk with Zelrius.."Its been a while...neechan" she softly muttered to herself. She then proceeded to removing her 'Guardian Cloak', it's served its purpose.. making her allegiance clearly known. Wearing it during the actual fight will hinder her moves. Even if the Guardians were almost extinct she would proudly wave the bluebird banner until a clear decision about disbanding will be made. She went by Rebekah's side and nodded to her, while her senpai was appointed 'Kaicho/Captain' of her team after the planning meeting, Ariel would appoint herself the rank of 'Fuku Taichou or Vice captain / Lieutenant' simply out of a hidden desire for a clear ranking system. Some of the people present were already at the door, wanting to take point in the assault, while her team was ... she didn't knew exactly, perhaps the rearguard or the jack of all trades that could switch from attacking to boss with helping the dreg team. She cared less for the actual plan since people would still most likely act on their own will, as they did with the Cupid fight a 'long' time ago.

Updated HP: 153    

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Teayre’s head turns up as she sees a man clad in his full armour, smiling slightly she recognises it at Tristan. As he speaks about consumables Teayre sighs waiting for him to finish his small speech before walking over to him. Looking at him directly in the eyes Teayre points to the statue of the chibified Tristan by Zelrius feet. “I don’t think anyone else would want that overhealth Tristan so you’d better use it. Whether you think you need to or not, like you said we need to keep the tanks alive and that’s the best thing I can do for it. Oh and keep the statue afterwards.” Turning on her feet she heads over to Zelrius, “Zel, could I grab one of the Extracts of Devastation.” As the blonde hands it over to her Teayre nods at him drawing the Oikawa Kanashiki for a moment to apply the crystal to the blade. As the blade’s edge glowed a brief red before dimming Teayre sheathed the weapon again as she placed a hand on her stomach.

Walking over to Calrex she holds out her free hand for his. Squeezing gently she gives him a hug. “Remember your promise okay Cal?” A taking a few breaths she releases the hug still holding his hand and nodded at Ariel and Rebekah. “We all know I’m probably greenest player here so sorry if I drag us down.” She looks up at Calrex from the corner of her eye, her brow furrowing as her lips became a thin line.

Extract of Devastation Used (+2 DMG)
DMG:
14 (9 + 3 + 2)

Miaki listened to his wife lay the hard facts down for him. She was a tank and tanks took the damage. It was their job. But when for first time Miaki saw the bruses on Nikki's body their dinner date the night after the 8th floor boss fight it made him sick to his stomach. He was horrified by what they did to her and held her gently with care. He was protective. As her husband it was part of his life oath to her. To protect her til either they were free of this virtual world or death claimed them. And if they made it out of Aincrad then his mission for Nikki would continue til that life ended.

But here in Aincrad it was more Nikki protecting him. He was the sword but she was the shield. Their battle together against the boss proved it. She took blow after blow from the posionous plant guardian and never complained. Never waivered. Even when she was losing faith in herself from not being able to block it all, Miaki never doubted her. His faith in her twice was proven. The first was in the boss room. When the guardian bore down with the greatest might, the very room trembled from the power of the landed blow. Dust had been kicked up and no one could see what had happened. When the dust settled Miaki stared in breathtaking awe as Nikki stood firm, unmoved. The unstoppable force that had been the guardian struck the immovable object. And that immovable object was Nikki <<the River>> Styx. The very woman who accepted his proposal of marriage that night and now was his loftly wedded wife. "I trust you Abigale." He said in this private moment.

As far as he was concerned, Nikki, his wife, was the commanding officer. If she said swing. He swung. If she said duck, he'd kiss the floor hard. If she said run, he'd sprint like an olympian and trust she was saying it for a reason. Trust. That is what they had. Complete and unbreakable trust. Although his eyes would be glued to his wife's HP bar, there was no helping that, he would do whatever she needed from him. Nikki would do her best to draw the attention of the mobs so that he and Zelrius could attack them without concern. Miaki would kill as many as he could to lessen the load off of Nikki. She told him that. "You know it!" He said with a clunch of his fist. No way he would forgive a souless mob for striking his <<Blue Beauty>>.

Nikki leaned in and gave Miaki a quick kiss. He closed his eyes for the brief second of intamacy they shared. As she pulled away Miaki watched her lick her lips seductively. This time it was she that got the jump on him before the boss fight. Now he was ready! They would step into that boss room and show the world what they were made of as a team. "Wow! I'd better not play with my food so we can get onto the dessert." He smiled with a wink. Miaki followed Nikki out to the crowd and over to Zelrius. "Can I get one of those DPS boosts?" He asks his brother in arms. Miaki took the item and tapped it with a finger that revealed a small window of opetions. He selected <<consume>> and the item vanished and brought up a buffed icon in the corner of his field of vision. He then followed his wife over to the door and took a deep breath while muttering aloud for only his wife and anyone close enough to hear. "Hold on to yer butts."

Miaki reached into his pocket and took out a blue ribbon that belonged to Nikki. This was her token to him her chosen knight. Although she was the knight to be accurate, the meaning of the token held. He carried it everywhere with the ribbon tied securely somewhere on his person. Never left anywhere without it. And during fights he wore it around his fighting hand. He wrapped the slightly faded blue cloth to his wrist and tightened the knot with his teeth. "I promised you this would be with me in every fight."

"Zelrius..." I began, not sure what to even say, he gave me a reaction I never thought I would receive. The happiness and ease I felt while talking with Zelrius slowly faded, as did my smile and excitement to be here and fight alongside Zelrius. Anything I usually felt while talking to him just stopped. It was like blowing out all the candles on a birthday cake, except the cake was my mentality and the candles were the flames of passion that drove me to continue searching for Keith. Zelrius was the one who lit them for me in the first place and unfortunately the one whom had blown them out as well. Zelrius had built up any hope I had at finding him when Keith first went missing. However in this very moment he was striking all of that down, as if he were trying to say that I didn't see him. As I searched his eyes my confusion and sadness turned into anger by each passing moment. I knew he was self centered and didn't care much about feelings sometimes but I knew how much Keith meant to him. Zelrius wouldn't just throw him away like that, he wouldn't just abandon him like that would he? "Zelrius." I hissed, clenching my fists at my side as glaring at him. "Don't give me that crap."  I said, lowering my head with a small smile, a couple tears began to fall from my face and onto the ground. "That can't be true...you were one of his best friends. You couldn't just not care about him could you? What would you do if I was the one who went missing and Keith was the one seeking your guidance?" I asked, wiping my face and looking him dead in the eye. For a second I could have sworn I saw tears building up in his eyes but he put on his helmet before I could look long enough. "After this battle I'll leave straight away, this invite is still extended to you and only you." I said in a lower tone as he walked away from me, leaving behind him a trail of confusion and disappointment. 

I sniffled once and took in a deep breath before checking my equipment and proceeding towards the group. I needed to get his words out of my head right now or else I'd be off my game in the fight. I walked over to Tristan. Just his presence made me the slightest bit happier. "Good luck today." I said to him and set my eyes towards the doors. 

The burger had been decent, but not excellent- perhaps a solid three stars out of five; to be fair, however,, that particular sandwich had been commissioned nearly half a year ago. If it weren't for the explicit absence of such a thing in Aincrad, he would've sworn that it was by magic that the item had remained edible. He made a mental note to give his kudos to the chef, if he were to ever run across Alyss again. Like many others, the girl had faded from the public eye after a point, and he had neither seen nor heard from her since then.

On the other hand, he was glad to see so many faces here today which had not disappeared- and not only because it implied a higher chance of survival in the coming raid. Of the assembled crowd, he was admittedly most familiar with the group which contained Calrex, Ariel and Rebekah. Rounding out the squad was a red-haired girl carrying what appeared to be a katana; he was not particularly familiar with this player, although he felt as if he'd seen her around in the past.

"Kiru," called Azide. He waved weakly as he made his way towards the girl with the two-toned hair, reminded that he himself had been assigned to a group. On some level, there was a bit of resentment on his part that these efforts had been so totally dominated by the Azure Brigade- he did not forget which guild would've likely been leading this raid had things gone more accordingly on the tenth floor. He shook the thought from his head as he came to a stop next to the commandant, noticing how intently she stared at the double doors. "I reviewed the plans we received from Zelrius, and it looks like you'll be leading our group today. I wish you the best of luck- there are rumors that this guy will be the toughest one yet.  And hopefully, we can manage to sneak by without too many casualties." A casual smile had painted his face throughout, and yet the last few words had tempered it slightly.

[OOC: I'll add onto it soon.]

She looked at Teayre, and told her, "do not worry about that, if anything I am the weakest one among this group. Let's hit hard and finish quickly," knowing a healthy mentality was what is important in this game. In this group, all of them including Calrex the tank, were all strong players, as she also put on her vanity Azure cloak. She was more worried about Kiru in her own group, but realized that her group will easily be able to back her up, and most of Rebekah's focus should be on the 3rd group instead. Rebekah also let Ariel know that it is also her job to hit as hard as possible. They should not have any problems, if at all tonight between the four of them. She was more worried about the rest of the group, but figured the earlier they finish their part, the more help they can be of to the others later on. But she believed there must be something strong in that third boss, as this was effectively the strongest boss group out of the other two.

Rebekah Blueberry Muffin II (+6 MIT)

MIT: 5-->11

Edited by Rebekah

Returning his fiancee's embrace Calrex gave a nod as he smiled, "Of course. You stay safe too alright? We're on the same team with Rebekah and Ariel, so let's watch out for each other."

Since there appeared to be nothing else he could discern for the group with his <<Reveal>> skill he figured to finish up with his preparations. Swiping on his menu he retrieved the last consumable he was planning to use before the raid, Clarence's Rank 3 Damage potion. As the vial appeared in his hand he held the Grand Blade diagonally so that the tip was facing towards the ground, not unlike the way one would see many swordsman grasping their swords when preparing to cleanse them with water. Pouring the contents of the potion over his sword, the liquid ran over the length of the blade, splitting up into separate paths along the way down. As it reached the tip the traces of the potion vanished as his sword flashed for a second with a faint blue light. He took note of the similar feeling he had when he undertook the <<Bandit Camp>> quest on his own some time ago, as the blade felt lighter, allowed him to swing harder.

Lowering his sword arm he looked over and gave a nod to Rebekah and Ariel, "I'll be counting on you two, just like before. Let's get this done."

Added Active Modifier: +3 Damage

Total Base Damage is now 12

Edited by Calrex

Mack swirled the contents of the rum bottle in his hand as he wandered over in the direction of Kiru. He'd met the girl once before, however briefly, and while he didn't know her in any sense of the word, he at least knew who she was. Similarly, he had adventured with Ssendom many times and felt confident that he knew the other man at least as well as he knew anyone else that was taking part in the raid today and he'd sold Azide the knife that, he assumed, would be used for the raid today. So, everyone on his squad was someone that the gargantuan man was at least familiar with on some level and that was nice. Reaching Kiru's side, the red-head took up a position slightly behind and to the right of her, assuming his position in the squad before planting the now highly over-powered axe of his in the ground and leaning upon the blade. "Rum, Captain Kiru," he asked, holding out the bottle to Kiru even though he'd already taken the status effect from the drink so now it would only be a vanity drink for her. "Captain Kiru sounds a lot like Captain Kirk... I don't want to be the red shirt."

Lowenthal tapped his foot in anticipation. it seemed everyone hadn't eaten before coming to the boss fight. They were most likely buffs, but the fact that they weren't 'fantasy' related food items but instead items like cheeseburgers and other real world food items. Fed up with bis anticipation and nervousness Lowenthal stepped over to Zelrius. "Yo, hand me one of those damage buffs. Seeing as I'm attacking the boss and all." He said, taking the crystal from Zelrius and applying it his weapon. Lowenthal's weapon shined for only a second before returning to it's normal grey and black sheen. Lowenthal spun his kunai on one finger before turning to Takao. "Hey, you excited as much as I am?" He asked, whispering so that only the two of them could hear their conversation. Lowenthal stopped sinning his kunai, and clutched his kunai. His hands shaking. "Man, I've never felt so pumped before in my life. I mean, it seems like only a week ago I just got off my ass and started this whole 'adventuring' thing. And now, here I am." Lowenthal said, a nervous smile appearing on his face.

[Damage Buff: +2: 7+2=9 Damage]

The time for preparation was quickly nearing its end, and he certainly didn't want to be the one to hold the group up. With one last glance into his inventory, Takao procured a treat he'd been saving - not particularly for any special occasion, just because he was rather forgetful and only just now noticed it amidst the list of items. It materialized in his hand from a dull flash of light, and after snacking on it, he was granted with yet another buff. Takao's gloved hand wrapped tightly around the handle of his sword and raised it from the ground, opting to rest the blade over his right shoulder instead. "Haha, yeah... I'm pretty stoked for this. Pretty nervous too, honestly." he said after casting a glance toward Lowenthal. "I know what you mean there too. These past few months just flew by."

- -

«Manju» used. +9 Damage Mitigation
( 21 
»» 30 )

Nikki nodded to Zel as she turned to face the giant doors. Looking up at them was enough to fill someone with a sense of dread as you wondered what might be hidden behind them. Everyone here knew that something terrible sat waiting for them on the other side, something new and terrifying. That up until now no creature had been fought that could rival the power of whatever waited just behind these door. Nikki had an idea, having survived floor 8. The creature was no doubt big, larger than life, with an attitude to boot. She looked over her shoulder again wondering how many of these people had actually crossed a boss before. She let out a quiet sigh as she unequipped her cloak and pressed her hand on the door. It was solid and looked as though it would be heavy, but as she pressed against it, it swung open surprisingly easily.

She gave one more look over her shoulder to the people waiting behind her. They had all grouped up and were waiting for her to kick things off. "Time to get this started." She walked slowly into the room, her heels clicking loudly breaking the still silence of the room. It was dimly lit, with a few odd torches casting eerie shadows, and stained glass ceiling where most of the light seemed to come from. The air smiled of incense, nothing that she had ever smelt before. It was uneasy to say the least. She also noticed several confession booths, all with dark crimson curtains. To make it worse they all seemed to pull open as she entered into the room revealing a single shadowy figure in each one.

Edited by Tristan, it was posted that the enemy would make the first move, which is exclusively controlled by the enemy.

Nikki Styx
80/80 HP

Edited by Tristan Delaney
See note

(Sorry for the delay, had weird technical issues when it came to posting rights on account)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWDYAJ2-Y1E

ID: 34048, 34049, 34050, 34051 34052

LD: 19 (due to no hate, using own table): Tristan hit

MD: 5 (Miss), 4 (Miss), 9 (9x8=72, -69=3, Thorns & Flame Thorns activated), 7 (8x8=64, -69=1, Crit Flame Thorns activated), 1 (Miss)

The inside of a rundown cathedral is the scene found within the boss room, the strong smell of some form of incense in the air. Confession booths line the sides of the room while stained glass covers the ceiling allowing the room to be illuminated, though barely, the glass demonstrating the image of a crusader falling into a pit of flames.

At the back of the room stands a walking giant of a man, strong in appearance and with a body demonstrating the experience of a hundred battles. He wears a worn and tattered Crusader armor, carrying a bloodstained and rusted sword in one hand, a cracked and worn shield in the other. His hair which was most likely once brunette is now a dark red and his skin which was light in color now covered in grime and dust. His eyes hidden within the darkness of his helm, though their gaze is easily felt, and what appears to be a cross is impaled into his back.

The boss smashes the sword against their shield, a clang ringing out to the room and five «Endless Knights». Silent and menacing figures adorned in old crusader armor. If looked at it appears that they are empty suits of armor, but in fact hold the souls of condemned crusaders within themselves. These terrifying figures carry nothing but a bloodstained long sword. The enemies did not hesitate to start on the offence, their swords glowing with that of a sword art. All of them attacked with «Blades of the Accused»:, but only some met their mark on Tristan.

«Blades of the Accused»: The mob runs towards the target, swiftly swinging its blade up in a diagonal direction from left to right before bringing the sword down diagonally from right to left forming an 'X'.

Boss Room Effect: 

«Fumes»: The incense filling the room causes 2 damage to a player every time they move (post) and causes them to lose all enhancements that affect dice rolls. The damage effect is negated by survival, but the latter effect still applies.

«Forsaken Crusader»

«HP»: 330/330

«Mitigation»: 40

Endless Knight: 165/165 (15 Mitigation) Energy 26/33

Endless Knight: 161/165 (15 Mitigation) Energy 26/33 (2 dmg Burn, 2/2 Turns)

«Endless Spirit of the Warrior»: Whenever an «Endless Knights» is defeated they are resurrected 4 posts after their death.

Nikki Styx 80/80

Zelrius 140/140

Miaki PENDING

Tristan 126/128

Takao 125/125

Lowenthal 85/85

Persephone 60/60

Kiru 60/60

Ssendom 106/106

Mack 96/96

Azide 117/117

Rebekah 122/122

Ariel 153/153

Calrex 165/165

Teayre 125/125

Forsaken Crusader Appearance:

YITJy0s3uUrYmposk2ZYgxhXEnKfVZ5VyGlgBPWl

Endless Knight Appearance:

607s3GLocwSjLih0sZ5pIVgzPve0EBE52Q5f5yUo

Edited by Forsaken_Crusader

One by one, people came up asking for Items from the stock. And as they did so, he nodded in agreement to some being taken. He would, of couse, agree to everyone asking for some. They only had to ask him so that he could keep up with moderation and distribution of the items. Nonetheless, He took a damage crystal out of his inventory and applied it to himself. That would add a hefty 5 when coupled with the Potion he had drank earlier. 

As the door burst open, Zelrius pulled his hood up over his Hydra skull and lowered his head. Charging forth, the boy powered up his strongest Sword Art that he could. The original plan had been that he would kill the Dregs, But it was decided how much of a waste of time that would be, So instead, he used <<Legion Destroyer>> to attack 3 of the Dregs and the Forsaken Crusader himself. Don't fail me now Darkness Blade. Using the skill Charge, The boy burst forth to attack his targets.

Mitigation is Halved on this attack due to Darkness Blade.

ID: 34166 BD7 HIT (11*[9+2+3 = 14+4 CHARGE = 18] = 198 Damage) 

«Forsaken Crusader»

«HP»: 152/330 (BURN BABY BURN; 2BD/t 2 Turns)

Endless Knight: -DEAD- (15 Mitigation) Energy 26/33

Endless Knight: -DEAD- (15 Mitigation) Energy 26/33 (2 dmg Burn, 2/2 Turns)

«Endless Spirit of the Warrior»: Whenever an «Endless Knights» is defeated they are resurrected 4 posts after their death.

Nikki Styx 80/80

Zelrius 140/140 Energy: 13/35 {HATE: 1}

Miaki PENDING

Edited by Zelrius

"Here we go again..." Miaki mouthed to himself as Nikki placed a hand on the heavy stone doors. This was the first time he knew nothing would be on the other side of the door. It didn't matter. Whatever was inside wasn't going to be there for long.

Miaki's physical demeanor had shifted into combat mode. His eyebrows furrowed close together as he cut out everything around him. To him the world now appeared void of details. All that was clear and in full detail was himself, Nikki, Zelrius, the door, and what was beyond it. The rest of his surroundings were silhouettes of players and objects. He didn't know any of them and they were not important to him at the moment. He wouldn't have admitted it aloud but to him they were simply absorbing some of the damage output that Nikki wasn't soaking. Adequate meat shields for himself and his team. It was cold. But it was appropriate since they're lack of speed in clearing the game without help was so abysmal. They would have to prove themselves to gain his respect.

The heavy stone doors swung open from Nikki's forceful shove. The room was dimly lit and held an eerie silence. Miaki held the top of his sheath with his offhand and readied his stance. Nikki began to move forward followed by Zelrius. The lights came up indicating the spawning of the boss and its minions. Darkly clad knights that reminded him of ones he saw once in a rather cruel and unforgiving game his father used to play. Miaki wasn't gonna allow that to happen here.

Miaki waited til the enemy mobs were almost on top of Nikki before he made his first move. Once he started his momentum there was nothing that would stop him. he took a few strides forward, picking up the pace with each step. By the fifth or sixth step he was into a full out sprint. Rushing forward towards the enemy ready to make the first strike. The <<Endless Knights>> surrounded Nikki just as she intended. But a clean flaming arc swept right through their ranks that came to a surprise to Nikki. It also took a second for the mod AI to register the attack too because the next moment later three of them erupted into flames and burnt to a crisp. Zelrius changed the plan and went right after the boss, hitting only what was in his way. Two enemies remained up and on Nikki's position. That was what he would target now. He was closing the gap between him and the mobs fast. Almost in attack range.

OOC: Im relearning this whole system and didn't mention Im using a sword skill. Sue me.

OOC: Sword skill Amatsu no Homura activated, 2 Energy loss from Miss
ID: 34291 BD4 = Miss

«Forsaken Crusader»

«HP»: 152/330 (BURN BABY BURN; 2BD/t 2 Turns)

Endless Knight: -DEAD- (15 Mitigation) Energy 26/33 (2 dmg Burn, 2/2 Turns)

Endless Knight: 61/165 (15 Mitigation) Energy 26/33 (2 dmg Burn, 2/2 Turns)

Endless Knight: 70/165 (15 Mitigation) Energy 26/33

Nikki Styx 80/80

Zelrius 140/140 Energy: 13/35 {HATE: 1}

Miaki 137/137 Energy: 31/33

Nikki was skipped for not replying within 24h of her turn and received 10 damage

ID: 34293

CD: 1, Battle Healing not activated

The Forsaken Crusader roared as they received a powerful attack from Zelrius, sending their body aflame and also damaging his Endless Knight comrades, the armour of the enemies clattering to the floor in a heap with the sword. It was a rather ungraceful sight, but the boss was far more concerned about the enemies which were dealing considerable damage to him. The boss AI was not advanced enough to think its own thoughts, however if it did then it would have thought that these players were far more powerful than had been anticipated for this floor, meaning they probably had levelled a lot on the same floor.

The Forsaken Crusader had not attacked at all, but instead took one of the knights from the ground, their large figure meaning their enormous hand grasped them like a mouse or rat. The hand then crushed the enemy, letting the now not possessed equipment fall to the floor with their fellow fallen comrades. The ghost of the Endless Knight travelled through them and infused into the bosses body, giving enhanced defensive capabilities against these players. Strengthened, the Forsaken Crusader awaited the next attack from the players.

«Blessings of the Fallen» active, the next attack damage received will be totally negated, not including 0 damage moves. Heal 15 HP.

«Forsaken Crusader»

«HP»: 167/330 (2BD/t 2 Turns)

Endless Knight: DEAD/165 (15 Mitigation) Energy 31/33 Returns in 3 turns

Endless Knight: DEAD/165 (15 Mitigation) Energy 31/33 Returns in 3 turns

Endless Knight: DEAD/165 (15 Mitigation) Energy 24/33 Returns in 3 turns

Endless Knight: DEAD/165 (15 Mitigation) Energy 24/33 Returns in 4 Turns

Endless Knight: 165/165 (15 Mitigation) Energy 31/33

Nikki Styx 70/80

Zelrius 140/140 Energy 13

Miaki 137/137 Energy 31

Tristan 126/128

Takao 125/125

Lowenthal 85/85

Persephone 60/60

Kiru 60/60

Ssendom 106/106

Mack 96/96

Azide 117/117

Rebekah 122/122

Ariel 153/153

Calrex 165/165

Teayre 125/125

ID: 34299
BD: 10, 2 Boss Hate created, Blessings of the Fallen takes effect and no damage dealt

CD: 3, Battle Healing not activated

Tristan breathed a deep breath, focusing for his next attack. His main dilemma was that he is the main tank, but did not have the most hate in the group. He knew that he could not settle it like that, so should be using Howl to get his Hate up. However there was also the second option, which was to go defensively with Parry and halve the damage received, to put him in a much safer situation and take far less damage than usual, which was the easy way out. The third option was to attack, since his damage was pitiful anyway so it made sense for him to negate the effect of Blessings of the Fallen and get rid of the damage negate.

Deciding to gamble for it, Tristan ran forward with his spear and used Focused Strike, a simple thrust which was aimed at their most vital area. It was his weakest sword art, but it was intentionally so since his damage output at this point did not matter. As anticipated, his weapon was bounced back violently by a barrier which dissipated with his attack, meaning the opponent was open for attack.

"Alright Takao, go for it!" Tristan shouted as he put himself back into position to defend, which he should be with the next attack from the boss, hoping for the best that they missed.

«Forsaken Crusader»

«HP»: 167/330 (2BD/t 2 Turns)

Endless Knight: DEAD/165 (15 Mitigation) Energy 31/33 Returns in 2 turns

Endless Knight: DEAD/165 (15 Mitigation) Energy 31/33 Returns in 2 turns

Endless Knight: DEAD/165 (15 Mitigation) Energy 24/33 Returns in 2 turns

Endless Knight: DEAD/165 (15 Mitigation) Energy 24/33 Returns in 3 Turns

Tristan 126/128 Energy 31

Takao 125/125

Lowenthal 85/85

Persephone 60/60

The doors were forced open by Nikki and players began filing into the room. His green eyes set upon the far end of the room, staring at the largest of their opponents. The Crusader slammed his sword and shield together, calling on five monsters to file in and take up their ranks. Their numbers were the first factor he took into consideration - five was more than a single area of effect skill could target at once. Zelrius charged forward and managed to take down what he could, striking down three of the monsters while simultaneously hitting the boss for an impressive amount. As Takao watched the health gauges quickly fall, his eyes narrowed. Something didn't sit right about how easy it was to drop the Boss down that far, but the battle was already erupting around him before he could put any more thought into it.

Tristan's voice grabbed his attention after removing the «Blessings of the Fallen», thus affording him the opportunity to attack. The original plan had been for him to focus his AoE skills on both the boss and the dregs, but with Nikki's failure to pull their hate toward her his confidence in being able to draw in their hatred for himself had diminished entirely. Instead, he refocused on the boss and pulled his arm back to position the blade slightly behind him. "On it!" he called out as the metal edge began glowing purple, a clear sign of his successful positioning. He felt the tug of the system begging for control and relinquished his avatar's movements. The system lead him through an elaborate chain of movements that resulted in nine individual hits landing on the «Forsaken Crusader», the last of which inflicted a temporary stun. "Alright, it's stunned!" he said, momentarily struggling against the sword art's post-motion state of rigidity until he was able to back off and place a bit of distance between himself and the Crusader.

- -

ID : 34313
BD: 8

«Forsaken Crusader» *Stunned*
«HP»: 54/330 (2BD/t 2 Turns) - [[ 16(DMG) + 1(Charge) * (9*1) - 40(MIT) = -113HP ]]

Endless Knight: DEAD/165 (15 Mitigation) Energy 31/33 Returns in 1 turns
Endless Knight: DEAD/165 (15 Mitigation) Energy 31/33 Returns in 1 turns
Endless Knight: DEAD/165 (15 Mitigation) Energy 24/33 Returns in 1 turns
Endless Knight: DEAD/165 (15 Mitigation) Energy 24/33 Returns in 2 Turns

Takao 125/125  |  «Nova Ascension» used. -12 Energy (19/30)  |  [[ «Forsaken Crusader» Hate : 1 ]]
Lowenthal 85/85
Persephone 60/60
Kiru 60/60