[PP-F11] Paving the way to Floor 12

The doors slowly opened as a party member Lowenthal barely knew pushed against them. The first thing he noticed was the overwhelming smell of incense. He was told about it, but he didn't think the room was completely covered in it. It was almost like a thick fog or perfume. Lowenthal was also sure that if he didn't have his <Survival> skill, he would be choking on the gas right now. Then he noticed the boss emerge. Lowenthal took a few steps back, if only to appreciate it's size. "D-Damn! He's a big guy isn't he?!" Lowenthal called out, almost dwarfed by the size of the boss. The boss looked very, plain. Only thing that struck as unique was the cross imbedded in it's back. The boss, now known to Lowenthal as the <<Forsaken Crusader>> clashed his sword against his shield, which summoned minions of the sort. Lowenthal ignored them, and quickly shifted his attention back to the boss. The dregs weren't his problem, he had faith that his team would stick with the plan.

Just as the battle started, he could see Zelrius charging forward. And then dealing about half of the bosses HP, and killing three of the dregs in a single swipe. Lowenthal stood there, staring blankly. He had heard that Zel was strong, but that strong? That was like the stuff of legends. After that, the knight picked up one of his knights, and crushed it in his hand. Lowe could notice what seemed like a shield or barrier appear around it. Tristan lunged forward, and quickly pierced it, causing the shield to dissipate. Lowe couldn't tell if it was the lack of the tank's damage, or the barrier's effect. Cause he didn't see a shift in its HP gauge. Then Takao ran past him. Takao dealt an impressive amount of damage, and even managed to stun the boss.

Lowenthal reversed the grip on his kunai. "Alright, now it's my turn!" He said, as he rushed to the stunned knight. The lack of dregs in his way, and the miasma barely affecting him. It made the knight easy pickings for him and his dagger. Lowenthal's sword art activated, first with a horizontal swipe then quickly followed with a kick. Another well placed kick launched Lowenthal off of the boss, and back into a safe distance. Lowe turned back, and noticed that he had dealt barely any damage to it. He stared at it in disbelief. He gritted his teeth, and clutched his kunai tightly in his hand, cursing himself in his mind. Calling himself foolish for even thinking that he could compete with the players here, and with a floor boss. Lowe looked, and noticed that three of the knights had respawned. "Hey guys! You got more incoming!" He called out, hoping that he was at least useful in that manner.

- -

ID : 34356
BD: 8

«Forsaken Crusader» *Stunned*
«HP»: 40/330 (2BD/t 2 Turns) - [[ 9(DMG) * (3*2) - 40(MIT) = -14HP ]]
«Mitigation»: 40

Endless Knight: 165/165 (15 Mitigation) Energy 33/33 
Endless Knight: DEAD/165 (15 Mitigation) Energy 24/33 Returns in 1 Turns
Endless Knight: 165/165 (15 Mitigation) Energy 31/33
«Endless Spirit of the Warrior»: Whenever an «Endless Knights» is defeated they are resurrected 4 posts after their death.

Takao 125/125  |  Energy (19/30)  |  [[ «Forsaken Crusader» Hate : 1 ]]
Lowenthal 85/85 | Energy (15/21)  | [[«Forsaken Crusader» Hate : 1 ]]
Persephone 60/60
Kiru 60/60

Edited by Lowenthal
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the moment the damn doors opened and Lisa saw what was awaiting her team, the young woman was in awe. Never had she witnessed anything like this. It was all really too much for her to comprehend. The thing had started and Zelrius practically smashed his way inside, damaging the boss to half life and taking out several minions in one blow. It was no wonder that he was the one leading the charge on the monster. One by one the others fought their best, but few managed to do even half as well as the one leading the battle.  Not even sweet Lowenthal managed to do very much. There was no way that she could do anything to the boss at all. She could try to stun him, but that wouldn’t do too much instead she decided to do what she was assigned to do: heal the hottie tin man, Tristan Delaney.

Tristan’s health barely had a few points shaved but it didn’t matter. If those two points were the difference between life and death, she’d rather he was at full than leave him as he was. She used her turn to heal Tristan’s slight damage. Pulling bandages from her bag, and activating her skill, she set to work applying the bandages. She successfully healed the man for the two hit points he lost, bringing his bar back to full health again. If all went well, and the boss was to be finished off in the next round or two, then she would be the worst of anything she’d have to try and recover for another player and for that she was glad.

CD: 11

Heals Tristan for 8% of Max Health (128 x 8%= 10 HP)

SUCCESSFULLY HEALED TRISTAN DELANEY FOR 2 HP

«Forsaken Crusader»  
«HP»: 40/330
«Mitigation»: 40

«Endless Spirit of the Warrior»: Whenever an «Endless Knights» is defeated they are resurrected 4 posts after their death.

Lowenthal 85/85     | Energy (15/21)  | [[«Forsaken Crusader» Hate : 1 ]] 

Persephone 60/60  | Energy (10/10)  |

Kiru 60/60

Ssendom 106/106

My eyes focused solely on the boss door. I intended to stand here beside Tristan and study the door for the remaining time we had left before the fight. However there was an interruption from another player calling my name. I stayed facing towards the door but turned my head slightly to see who exactly was calling me, as I didn't recognize the voice. The player's face was instantly remembered but sadly his name wasn't. The only thing from the male addressing me was that we had an altercation or battle of some sorts, and that I didn't remember finishing it. Still, I gave him my full attention and pushed the unfinished memories to the back of my mind. I needed to hear what he was saying because from the looks of it he would be in the same group as I was; there would be no other reason to talk to me. 

I expected him to say "good luck" or something like that and leave but he didn't. He explained that he had reviewed plans with Zelrius and that I would be leading this group. "Is that so..." I mumbled, now facing towards him fully. Zelrius knew what happened last time I led a group, so why did he do it again? Only two possibilities filled my mind. Either he wanted me to become stronger by making up for my mistake in the past or he was doing this because of the fear I had while leading a group again. I mean it wasn't like I enjoyed marching my team into their deaths but I was pretty sure I made it clear that I wasn't ready again to lead. It was what, my third boss battle? I wasn't frightened the first time I showed up for a boss fight and I sure wasn't scared now. I wasn't scared my first time because I was an arrogant girl who didn't care about anything other than getting last hit and the boss drop. The only thing about that first fight was that I wielded a sword because it was gift from Daeron and at the time it happened to deal more damage than a starter dagger by one. This time I had my strongest dagger, boss drop item equipped on my back, and a totally different mindset. It seemed that there was no changing Zelrius' decision now. The only thing to do now was lead. 

Quickly, I wiped the uneasy look off my face and smiled, rubbing the back of my neck. "I look forward to leading my group out of this boss room alive, so there's no need to worry. No one will die today, I promise. I mean, if anything I'll be the one to receive the most damage!" I laughed and placed a hand on my hip. To my right, another player stood. This time I knew the name. "Hello Mack, nice to have you in my group. Also, no thanks; I don't like the taste of that stuff." I said, redirecting myself to face the two of them. "I don't know who the last member of our team is but I'm sure they're great. Now, together we can get through this because let's face it, we have the strongest players here today and millions of healing crystals even if you mess up. So just worry about landing attacks simultaneous and we'll be fine. Good luck guys." And with that, the blue haired tank burst through the door and officially began the battle. The first group went in and dealt critical damage, nearly killing the boss. Now it was our turn. I took a deep breath and ran into the room. I pulled out my dagger to land an attack but completely missed. I frowned and began to get flustered; missing my first hit wasn't a great start.

ID: 34365; Miss        

Energy (13/15) -2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
Kiru 60/60

Ssendom 106/106

Mack 96/96

Azide 117/117

4fYsoug5oSwN0iFGr-1W01UR2KWFFGcwQ6Sv8OPA

«Repenting Crusader», has a +5 damage on all attacks as well as +2 Accuracy

ID: 34440

MD: 3+2= Miss

The Forsaken Crusader was being made to look almost like a playtoy to the mercy of the powerful players, destroying him and even stunning them out of any possible movement. This boss was at the brink of keeling over dead, nothing left and its reputation tarnished….

...Blood dripped from the ceiling in a single drop. Then, another drop. It splashed on the Crusaders head, to which he creaked in movement from it. More and more blood fell from the tainted glass ceiling, which caused almost an entire stream to fall, the image of a Crusader climbing a mountain appearing on said ceiling. When the picture fully formed, blood only dripped and the Crusader was covered in blood. The Crusader dropped their sword and shield, the giant equipment landing on the ground with a loud clang and the arms creaked in movement. Fighting against the stun that afflicted the monster, they struggled to reach for the cross on their back, impaling its body. Eventually though, the gauntleted hands sufficed far enough to reach the cross and wrapped its fingers around it, gripping it tightly and then ripping it out of its body, using the upper vertical bar as a sword handle of sorts.

The cross was violently swung and clanged against the ground, leaning on the floor while the Crusader was blood splattered, staring the party down. Except he was no longer the Forsaken Crusader, he was now...the «Repenting Crusader», in its own almost a new boss. They stared at their most hated foe, Tristan the red haired tank (who has the most boss hate at 2).

The foe ran toward Tristan and swung their cross to squash them like a bug, however Tristan had managed to just about deflect the side his attack, pushing it to his right side and smashing against the ground. The crater left by the attack landing on the floor suggested the force of the blow was considerable to say the least, which had Tristan sweating bullets almost, wondering what such an attack could have in power. The Crusader roared in anger and withdrew the cross from the floor and was very slowly getting ready to attack again, the other players given a chance to attack.

«Repenting Crusader»  

«HP»: 60/60

«Mitigation»: 15

Nikki Styx 70/80

Zelrius 140/140 Energy 13

Miaki 137/137 Energy 31

Tristan 128/128 Energy 31

Takao 125/125 Energy 19

Lowenthal 85/85 Energy 15

Persephone 60/60

Kiru 60/60 Energy 19

Ssendom 106/106

Mack 96/96

Azide 117/117

Rebekah 122/122

Ariel 153/153

Calrex 165/165

Teayre 125/125

The door creaked open, and the Crusader stood tall and proud. Ssendom rolled his neck feeling it pop multiple times, while shrugging the shoulder he normally carries his blade. He turned his head to look at Amethyst then nodded. As the players rushed in, he kept in mind the strategy that was put in place. He could hear people talking and conversing with people, but he didn't pay much attention. Thanks to Zelrius, he felt as though he was ready to take on this boss and do what was necessary to advance their chances to complete this game and return home.

He watched and bided his time carefully, taking note of everything that was happening within the boss room. He noticed that the Fumes weren't truly affecting anyone that had obtained the survivor skill, seeing as he wasn't being harmed unlike maybe some others. But they seemed to affect sight a bit, making it all the more difficult to successfully land an attack. Having been in the fray with many of those in the room and realizing it when some of them being mostly sure hitters, had been missing easy to land strikes. He took a deep breath and focused once he had saw the boss transition from a tank like mob, to that of a pure bruiser.

Ssendom closed his eyes, readied his sword art then charged forward at full speed toward the boss. He needed to land the attack to place some hate on the boss for his role as the secondary tank. As he neared the boss he opened his eyes and roared with fury, he swung his blade mightily managing to slam across the entire body of the Repenting Crusader. The force behind his blade so massive it cleaved the bosses HP from completely green to completely depleted. The power used in the attack launched the Crusader up in the air, impressive as it was since the boss towered above all the players as a whole.

After which he Slammed his blade into the ground and all he could do was Chuckle, his voice echoed more and more as it rang through his armor.

-----------------------------------

ID: 34441 (Crit. One Shot, 1 Krill.)

BD: 10

Kiru 60/60

Ssendom 106/106 (12/24 Energy -12) [Sword Art Used: Fight Blade]

Mack 96/96

Azide 117/117

-----------------------

«Repenting Crusader»  

«HP»: DEAD/60 -75 (6x15 = 90-15 = 75 DMG Dealt)

_N51KQIv0HnyayPMguTR75tducz7-FunrBjoX87P

The «Repenting Crusader» was cut down and by Ssendom, its chest slashed wide open with pixels flying where the cut was. The boss fell and knelt down defeated and letting go of the cross and letting it crash to the ground, the incense smell as well as its damage ceasing. The tainted glass ceiling ceased to pour blood and begins to illuminate the room, though it does so more brightly this time, radiating the entire room. The name «Repenting Crusader» became the «Absolved Crusader» and the image of tainted glass becomes one of a crusader reaching out to giant hand in the sky. Its armor falls apart, its hair turning brunette once more, and its skin light and fair before beginning to shatter into polygons with a smile on its face, the «Endless Knights» soon breaking apart in a similar manner.

A voice could be heard ringing as half its body scattered, saying “Thank you for releasing me from my endless crusade, I may now rest in peace. Now go my travellers, to the swamp where dangers lurk deep.” as the «Endless Knights» finished disappearing. The Crusader turned away and began to reach up as the last of his body vanished.

And with that, the raid was over. Your reward for levelling so highly for such a long time has been rewarded as shown by your efforts.

«Absolved Crusader»  

«HP»: DEAD

Congratulations!

~All players in this thread get 48 hours to explore the 12th floor.

~All players obtain 3 SP and receive 2000 Col

~Persephone gets the highest First Aid healing (2HP) reward:

«Blood of the Champions»: A small, red crystal in the shape of a needle that oozes with untold power. It seems incapable of ceasing to exist. +2 Damage and +40 Overhealth, doesn’t get consumed but can only be used once per thread.

~Tristan gets the highest damage received (136 dmg) reward:

«Burden of the Fallen»: The armor once worn by the Crusader, the evil inside now banished it is once again used a protector from evil. +8 Holy Blessing, Regenerate 8 Health when hit. Always activates.

~Zelrius gets the highest total damage (198 dmg) reward:

«Absolved Blade»: A weapon imbued with a fragment of the heaven's power, it lacks its birthplace's mercy. +1 Accuracy and 6 Holy Damage on a natural roll of 8-10.

~Ssendom gets the Last Hit reward:

«Tainted Armor’s Shoulder Pad»: A strange armor which is registered as a trinket type item, it is made up of something that appears to be tainted glass and emanates a sinister feeling. It holds the image of a dragon on the back. 7 Prosperity and +40 Over-health.