[F5] Forged by the Sun (R8 Blacksmith) (Closed)

Cygnus looked at his new sword in awe. He was beyond happy with how it turned out. It looked just as he had envisioned. He bowed a great many times in gratitude. "Thank you. Thank you very much." He grabbed the sword and tested its weight, then turned to where he had plenty of room and gave it a couple of test swings. "Capital!" He grinned as he set the weapon down. "Now, I believe I owe you something." When he went to trade for the item, he moved 15 more of his materials than what was required to Teion and quickly confirmed the trade. "It's just a thank you. For giving me a hand when I was starting out. I wouldn't have made it this far without you giving me that starting push. There should be enough in there to cover the cost of my old sword, armor, my new sword, and then some." He nervously scratched the back of his head. "Also, well, I paid you back, sure. But we should still go hunting together some time! I think we could be good friends." Cygnus looked like he realized something, then laughed. "My apologies, miss. I'm not normally this forward. Just contact me if you're interested. Sound good?" He pulled up his menu and sent Teion a friend request, then navigated to his equipment to equip his new sword. "Well, I hope to hear from you some time! You'll see me back eventually though. Count on that." He bowed respectfully one last time before leaving her shop.

Trade Confirmation

Spoiler

Received from Teion: Gavel (+3 DMG)

Traded to Teion: 20 Materials

Edited by Cygnus
  • Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Emblem walked into a blacksmith shop he had been in but he hasn't yet bought anything yet. He decided he would go in to place an order for a new weapon. the one he had been using currently had been getting pretty beat up and he felt that getting a better sword would help him out a lot fighting teh stronger monsters on higher floors. Emblem looked around first of all to see if there were any weapons on display that he wanted. After not seeing anything that fit his style he walked up to the counter then filled out the form then set the COL on the counter and smiled at the woman. Here you go! Thanks!

-1000 COL

Spoiler

Recipient: Emblem
Item Name: Cometfell
Item Type:  One-Handed Straight Sword
Quality: Perfect
Tier: 1
Enhancements: +3 DMG
Specifics: A silver blade with a teal hilt. There are designs of roses engraved into the blade.

Teion blinked in slight surprise when Cygnus handed over so many materials. She was about to open her mouth to protest when she stopped a moment to survey the man. He seemed pretty set on repaying her, despite how little she felt she'd actually done. The woman couldn't resist a small smile from forming on her lips as she offered him a small nod and a polite farewell.

Just as the brunette had left, a blonde player approached her counter with an order slip. The woman looked it over with a small nod, bowing slightly after she had accepted his payment. "Thank you, expect a message once it's finished." She said simply.

Trade Confirmation:

Spoiler
  • +15 Crafting Materials (Traded from Cygnus)
  • +1,000 Col (Traded from Emblem)

Crafting Results 7/15/16:

Spoiler
  • ID#: 63874
  • CD: 2+1=3 (Good item)

• ID#: 63877
  • CD: 8+1=9 (Uncommon item)

• ID#: 63880
  • CD: 3+1=4 (Good item)

• ID#: 63881
  • CD: 5+1=6 (Good item)

• ID#: 63882
  • CD: 6+1=7 (Uncommon item)

• ID#: 63883

• ID#: 63884
  • CD: 2+1=3 (Bad item, no salvage)

• ID#: 63885
  • CD: 4+1=5 (Good item)

Gains: +2 Uncommon items (Straight Sword), +22 EXP
Losses: -8 Crafting Materials

Edited by Teion
  • 2 weeks later...

Bringing the back of her gloved hand up to wipe the sweat from her brow, Teion let out a light sigh. The shop had been quiet for a few days, and while she was left alone to her crafting, Teion's results had been pretty abysmal. She had managed to make a few decent items here or there, but nothing of any higher quality than an occasional rare, leaving the woman dissatisfied with the results.

She was burning through quite a few materials just sitting in her shop crafting, and before long she knew her stock would run out and she'd be forced to either close up shop again or go out hunting.

Crafting Results 7/25/16:

Hide contents
  • ID#: 64799
  • CD: 8+1=9 (Uncommon item)

• ID#: 64800

• ID#: 64801

• ID#: 64802
  • CD: 7+1=8 (Uncommon item)

• ID#: 64803
  • CD: 10+1=11 (Rare item)

• ID#: 64804

• ID#: 64805
  • CD: 1+1=2 (Bad item, no salvage)

• ID#: 64806

Gains: +4 Uncommon items (Straight Sword), +1 Rare item (Polished Sword), +26 EXP

Edited by Teion

"Finally, something half-decent." Teion sighed, taking a step back from the forge. She used up the last of her materials, leaving her with a pile of uncommon or stat-less items that were threatening to flood her shop unless she took them to a vendor pretty soon. Packing up her supplies, the violet-haired woman let out another small sigh as the afternoon was beginning to stretch into evening. She thought about going out for a bit, but the regular sandstorms that tended to occur after nightfall deterred her. Carrying the helm she'd crafted and placing it on display, Teion went back to organizing the last of her tools before closing up for the day.

Crafting Results 7/30/16:

Hide contents
  • ID#: 65159
  • CD: 3+1=4 (Good item)

• ID#: 65160

• ID#: 65161
  • CD: 11+1=12 (Perfect item)

Gains: +1 Perfect item (Burnish), +1 Uncommon item (Straight Sword), +16 EXP
Losses: -3 Crafting Materials

Edited by Teion
  • 4 weeks later...

A good blacksmith was something rare these days. Yes, the blonde could appeal to her friend and fellow rapier wielder for weapons making but she wanted something else; a different style maybe. But in the same time, she couldn't just renounce the swordsmanship she'd learned so many years and still continued to proudly wield the rapier. She entered a shop with a name that had a nice ring to it after taking a look through the window. "Hello, I'd like to make a couple or orders." she said as she took several order forms and started completing them. One by once she finished filling the papers, the first one truly distinguishing itself from the rest that were mere copies of the same item. Next gazing through the price lists the blonde prepared a handful of mats and some col. The blonde drops 10 Materials on the counted and says: "consider this a partial payment to get you started. You can tell me what I owe you when you finish the items."

-10 Materials

Name: «Chivalric Rapier»
Your Profession: Blacksmith
Your Rank:
7 - Provisional Master 
ID: [Leave blank]
Roll: [Leave blank]
Item Type: Weapon - Rapier
Tier: 2
Enhancements:  1 Damage, 2 Accuracy
Description: A fine rapier forged out of an Argentium ingot, primarily sought for its color properties. The item all clad in silver, from its blade to the hilt; emits a faint glow even in the dimmest of lights.

Name: «Eternal Darkness»
Your Profession: Blacksmith
Your Rank:
7 - Provisional Master
ID: [Leave blank]
Roll: [Leave blank]
Item Type: Weapon - Two-handed Assault Spear
Quality: Rare
Enhancements:  1 Damage, 1 Accuracy, 1 Paralyze
Description: A large 2 handed assault spear concealed in form of a banner. The pole is ornate in a obsidian-like color while at the end, a small dark blade goes almost unnoticed. the flag itself has a dark blue background with red stripes and a white crowned lion head in the middle.

Adhae carefully pushed open the door of the shop, peering inside as she took steps to pass through the doorway. She looked around at the walls, the anvil, and eventually set her eyes on the shopkeeper. She flashed her a smile. "This should be the right place." The woman began to look around at the wares on display, trying to search for some armour that would fit her needs. Hmmmm. Over here was a nice looking chestpiece, silver with a gold trim. As she looked at it, she realized it was tier two. Oh well. That wasn't what she was trying to find anyway. Luster already kept her safe enough. 

After a few more minutes of looking, she finally spotted what she was looking for. As if touched by divine light, it shone with a soft glow that immediately let her know this was her piece. She stepped towards it and a smile slowly spread across her lips. She turned just her head back to the shopkeeper. "Is this piece for sale?" She pointed to the helmet. "I've got the materials for it."

Spoiler

>"Burnish" - This helmet is a strong piece, one that gives off only a very dull gleam. The trim around the bottom is coloured silver, while the main plates of it are white. The middle piece domes down to the top of the nose but does not cover more than that, and the rest of the metal leaves a clear view of the wearer's face. The only ornamentation on it is a pair of horns that curl up and slightly forward, somewhat resembling a bull's horns. These are a soft cream colour, and are made from metal as well. 

-4 Materials 

Edited by Adhaerere

"Ah." As the blonde woman approached her about some orders, Teion turned her attention to Ariel curiously, waiting patiently for the player to finish writing as she detailed several items was after. When she'd finished, the blacksmith took the order forms and looked over each one briefly, a hint of intrigue in her eyes. The woman knew exactly what she wanted, and looking over the details, Teion was rather excited to create them herself. Turning her attention back to the materials Ariel had placed on the counter, she nodded with a small smile. "Thank you, this will be good. I'll send you a message once everything is ready."

Trade Confirmation

Spoiler
  • +10 Crafting materials (Traded from Ariel)

Crafting Results 8/27/16:

Hide contents
  • ID#: 66441

• ID#: 66442
  • LD: 7

• ID#: 66443
  • CD: 12 (Perfect item)

• ID#: 66444
  • CD: 1+1=2 (Bad item, no salvage)
  • LD: 11

• ID#: 66445

• ID#: 66446
  • LD: 5

• ID#: 66447

• ID#: 66448

Gains: +1 Perfect item (Chivalric Rapier), +28 EXP
Losses: -8 Crafting Materials

Edited by Teion
  • 3 weeks later...

Rolling

Trade Confirmation

Hide contents
  • +4 Crafting materials (Traded from Adhaerere)
  • -Burnish (Traded to Adhaerere)

Crafting Results 9/15/16:

Hide contents
  • ID#: 67915

• ID#: 67916

• ID#: 67917

• ID#: 67918
  • CD: 4+1=5 (Good item)

• ID#: 67919
  • CD: 2+1=3 (Good item)

• ID#: 67920
  • CD: 12 (Perfect item)

• ID#: 67921
  • CD: 5+1=6 (Good item)

• ID#: 67922

Gains: +1 Perfect item (), +2 Uncommon items (Simple Sword), +31 EXP

Edited by Teion
  • 4 months later...

'Hello? Helloooooo?" Sey would call out in the darkness as he would make his way inside. It was closed for the moment, but he heard of a really good item inside that he would like to buy. It was a bit awkward for him to introduce himself through PM to buy the item, but he promised that he'll buy it with some col and that she did not have to do anything since she already had it made. So with that, he would make his way inside, both of his hands up in the air to show that he was not looking for trouble. It has been a while since the shop had been in use, and he obtained special permission to be inside just on this very day though. "Vanguard's Blessing I believe it was called. I have the col in full right here, so feel free to not shoot me on sight." There always had to be some form of joke in his tone whenever he spoke. It felt like second nature to him, which was an interesting concept since he never acknowledged it.

OOC: Owners permission granted :3

Edited by Sey

At the sound of the heavy wooden door swinging open and the call of a male voice signaled a player had entered her shop, Teion entered the main workshop through a door leading from a back room. The woman was expecting Sey, although she hadn't expected his initial message inquiring about a piece of equipment. She was surprised word of her smithy still circulated since she'd practically been on hiatus, and even moreso that anyone was interested in the few wares she had. She kept the curiosities to herself as she approached the white-haired player, offering him a small, soft smile on what had been otherwise an expressionless canvas. "You're Sey?" Her voice was calm, but not completely uninviting. The blacksmith made a motion to open her menus, and within seconds a trade request would appear in front of the boy. She placed the single item he had requested, waiting patiently for his offer to be placed and confirmed.

"And you're Teion. Nice to meet you." Transitions were beautiful that way. He gave her an equally small smile, the same one he equipped whenever he had to make business deals with contractors in suits back in the real world. As she placed the trade request for him, he was feeling rather generous. It was not a custom item, but one that was already made. Regardless, he felt like giving her a tip, if that's what one could call it. He needed such an item for a long time now, it was way past overdue. "And I think this amount should suffice." Sey would explain to her as he would then put in four digits. "3,500" before then sending the trade towards her. Now all she had to do was accept it and the deal would be done, there did not have to be any more or less to it. "And I won't take no for an answer to that amount, you have no idea how long I have been waiting for such an item, it was killing me."

+1 Vanguard's Blessing
-3,500 Col

The violet-haired blacksmith's head tilted to the head ever so slightly. She was confused by the amount he offered her for the piece, far beyond what she'd asked for it. Normally, players were supposed to go the other way when bargaining for equipment, so why such an overpayment? Still, he seemed like the type of person who would give out col for the sake of it, and his insistence that quickly followed cause a small chuckle. "Have it your way." She accepted the trade with half a smirk. With a small bow of her head, the woman continued. "If you need any other equipment, I'll be there." With that, she walked past the snowy-haired player towards the front of the shop, quietly removing the sign reading 'Closed' that had rested against the window. She would then take a moment to open her menus, scrolling through until she pulled up her profession details to idly inspect them as her mind wandered in search of inspiration.

Trade Confirmation:

Spoiler

Edited by Teion

Beat walked through Fortaleza looking for a smithy he had heard about. He had a weapon in mind that would make life much easier for him and his party. A smile appeared on his face as his eyes finally caught sight of a wooden sign that read "Forged by the Sun". He quickened his pace and gently opened the front door, his eyes quickly taking everything in. It was always interesting to see what each shop would look like on the inside since each one tended to be tailored to their owner's style. He had seen shops that were more decorative, but this one seemed more functional, which somehow seemed to suit the life of a blacksmith. His smile remained as he approached the counter and began to fill out an order form, speaking as he did so. 

"Hi there, I like your shop and I hear you do good work. I was wondering if you could make this." 

Beat slid the completed form to her and looked at her for confirmation, hoping he could have his new weapon before his next adventure. 

- Order -

Spoiler

Recipient: Beat
Item Name: Iron Seige
Item Type:  Gauntlets
Tier: 1
Enhancements: +3 Damage
Specifics: 

6dd9896e3d1c0d74f49b4bdda5985bb5.jpg

Edited by Beat

A few days later, he would return back to the shop with a little gift in his inventory while the shop owner was not suspecting it. If she were going to open up her shop again, he might as well award her with a little gift. Enough materials to at least craft a perfect item, and despite him wanting to use them, he knew that she probably would appreciate them a lot more. So with this thought in mind, he would arrive into the shop before summoning the T2 materials he got when he spent many days on gathering them before then placing them behind the counter by leaning so that no one could see them and steal them from her. With that out of the way, he would swiftly leave the shop with a simple tag left on the gift. "Sey" would read on it. That was his good deed of the day, and it certainly was one he was proud of. Hopefully the shopkeeper liked his little present that had been given for her.

-10 T2 Mats

-1 T1 Mat

Edited by Sey

The violet-haired blacksmith, who had been organizing her tools for the millionth time, perked up when a dark-haired player entered the shop. He approached the counter with no hesitation, jotting down the details for the item he wanted. The woman tilted her head slightly at his words, but carefully studied his writing once he passed the note to her. She vaguely hoped that she hadn't crafted something for him in the past and just didn't recognize the man. She could name nearly every piece she'd crafted, but faces...were not so recognizable to her.

Teion simply nodded after a few moments. "Mm, give me just a bit--I'll message you when it's ready." She explained, leaning over the counter as she scribbled a few of her own notes on the order form.

Crafting Results - 1/19/17

Spoiler
  • ID#: 74768
    • CD: 3+1=4 - Bad item
    • LD: 18 - Salvaged
  • ID#: 74769
  • ID#: 74770
    • CD: 1+1=2 - Bad item
    • LD: 1 - No salvage
  • ID#: 74771
    • CD: 4+1=5 - Good item
  • ID#: 74772
    • CD: 4+4=5 - Good item
  • ID#: 74773
    • CD: 1+1=2 0 Bad item
    • LD: 7 - No salvage
  • ID#: 74774

EXP: 25
Materials Used: (5) T2, (1) T1

Edited by Teion

"Sure, I'll just go grab a quick bite to eat while I wait. Thanks." 

Beat hurried out of the shop, not wanting to be gone from the shop too long, but also not wanting to just stand around in someone's shop being excited like the newbie he was. He found a food stand and walked up to the man at the cart. 

"One bow of ramen please."

The chef quickly added ingredients to a bowl which quickly formed into a steaming bowl of delicious look ramen. 

"Looks great! Thanks!" 

Beat began to eat as he heard his menu ding. With his free hand, mouth full of noddles, he checked to see what it was. His eyes widened as he saw that his item was finished and he downed the remainder of his ramen, banging on his chest from choking he ran back to the shop at full speed. He quickly approached the counter, seeing his item ready for pick up. He deftly opened his menu, pulled a sack of coins out and set it on the counter as he retrieved his item. He slipped equipped the gauntlets immediately, throwing a few punches as he was impressed by how solid and yet light they were. He grinned at her as he turned to leave. 

"Thanks! That will be a huge help. I'll be sure to come back in a few levels." 

Paying 1000 col in exchange for the following: 

Spoiler

Name: Iron Seige
Your Profession: Blacksmith
Your Rank: 7 - High Mentor Blacksmith
ID: 74774
Roll: 11+1=12
Item Type: Weapon - Guantlets
Quality: Perfect
Tier: 1
Enhancements: +3 Damage
Descriptions: A sturdy pair of iron gauntlets for use with weaponless fighting. Providing protection of the hands and wrists, these simple gauntlets provide a significant damage boost.

Itzal walked into the shop and took a chance to observe it.  It was made up mainly of cobblestone and while there were a few cracks in the floor, it was mostly smooth.  He noticed that there wasn't anything to hang display items, which meant that she only did custom orders.  That wasn't a bad thing of course, especially since almost nobody bought anything but custom orders.  He looked around until he spotted the owner.  Purple hair and she was working with tools.  She was obviously the blacksmith here.  He glanced at Velnia and nodded to her and they made their way over.  He smiled to her as he pulled out his order.  "Hey there!  I'm Itzal and I wanted to see if you could make a sword for me?  Until Tier three is unlocked I'll need a weapon with full status on it, so I figured I might as well get a sword for that."  He handed her the order as well as eight tier two materials.  Most would have struggled for those materials but, as a scout, it was pretty easy for him.

Spoiler

Recipient: Itzal
Item Name: Dragon's Soul
Item Type:  Sword
Enhancements: 2 bleed, one paralysis
Specifics:  A one handed longsword with much weight.  If the wielder isn't strong, it would be too heavy to use.  The guard appears to be obsidian as well as the pommel, and the handle is black.  The blade is navy blue but when combined with Velnia's lightning glows bright blue and emits her lightning for a short time.

@Beat
With the item complete, Teion confirmed her side of the trade and gave Beat a small nod in thanks. He seemed to admire the gauntlets, and she only hoped that they were as comfortable and effective in combat as she had tried to design for. Then again, the game likely didn't much translate gear appearance into combat efficiency. When the dark-haired player left the shop with a statement of coming back, she gave a small bow.

@Itzal
Not long after she'd gone back to arranging her tools and scribbling down some ideas, another dark-haired player entered the shop and took a look around. Teion straightened up and looked over at the scout, about to offer a soft 'hello' when her eyes fell upon the dragonkin perched on his shoulder. Scales a hue of purple quite similar to her own locks, the blacksmith simply stared at the creature. It wasn't until the raven-haired man spoke up that she blinked and turned her attention to him. "Mm." She mumbled, looking over Itzal's notes of what he wanted. She thought it was interesting; a weapon that could channel a familiar's lightning breath. She gave a small smile and a nod of thanks at his up-front payment. "Got it. I'll send you a message when it's ready."

Trade Confirmations

Spoiler
  • -Iron Seige (Traded to Beat)
  • +1,000 col (Traded from Beat)
  • +(8) T2 materials (Traded from Itzal)

Crafting Results 1/21/17

Spoiler
  • ID#: 74962
  • ID#: 74964
    • CD: 3+1=4 - Good item
  • ID#: 74965
    • CD: 6+1=7 - Good item
  • ID#: 74966
    • CD: 5+1=6 - Good item
  • ID#: 74967
    • CD: 4+1=5 - Good item
  • ID#: 74968
    • CD: 5+1=6 - Good item
  • ID#: 74969
  • ID#: 74970

EXP: 27
Materials Used: (8) T2

Edited by Teion

Teion let out a small puff of air with a sigh. She felt like she'd lost her touch with so many mediocre crafts in a row yesterday. The violet-haired woman gave a small shake of her head to take her mind off of things, stretching her arms over her head as she exited the small room she'd fashioned as her bedroom and head out to her workshop. The place was getting dusty, but wouldn't stay that way for long. She'd already taken the time to reorganize her tools since reopening her shop, so a good cleaning was in order next.

After her work for the day was done, Teion pulled up her menus and entered in the raven-haired player's name--Itzal. Just as she thought her bad luck would continue, she got lucky and the man's design finally came into being. She was very happy with the piece, only disappointed that she wouldn't be seeing it in action for herself, like many of her other creations.

Crafting Results 1/22/17

Hide contents
  • ID#: 75149
    • CD: 2+1=3 - Bad item
    • LD: 14 - No salvage
  • ID#: 75150
  • ID#: 75151
  • ID#: 75152

EXP: 19
Materials Used: (4) T2

Edited by Teion