[F5] Forged by the Sun (R8 Blacksmith) (Closed)

"Indeed." Beat said with a light chuckle. 

As Teion went to the back to begin work on his order, Beat took the liberty of exploring her shop. He had been here a few times, but he frequented the place so rarely, that he always seemed to find things that could entertain him for a while as he considered the applications of certain metals and elements that the blacksmith had laying around. It was a tidy shop, but then again, Beat's kitchen wasn't exactly neat either. If it wasn't for his organized inventory, his kitchen would likely be a mess as well. His eyes lit up as the blacksmith brought his order out, his excitement visible as he practically ran to the counter, a spring in each step. 

"Nice! That was quick!" Beat exclaimed while trading the requisite col. 

"Thanks again! If you ever get hungry, I have a cafe on the first floor. You should come by sometime."

OC: 

Picking up Red Cross and paying 2450 col

Spoiler

Name: Red Cross
Your Profession: Blacksmith
Your Rank: 7 - High Mentor Blacksmith
ID: 77998
Roll: 11+1=12
Item Type: Weapon (Gauntlets)
Quality: Perfect
Tier: 2
Enhancements: +2 Bleed, +1 Keen
Descriptions: These rust red and steel gray, fingerless gauntlets feature protrusions that attempt to maximize the amount of tissue damage sustained when struck with them.

+Red Cross

- 2450 col

Edited by Beat
  • Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nocturn finally made his decision on what he was going to buy first. First thing he needed to do, was get a better weapon then the stick he was currently using. And with what pittance he had, he was hoping he could find a more flexible merchant. Blacksmith, after blacksmith turned him down. Even the NPC's had outrageous prices for all of their wares. He started at floor one, and was now currently on floor 5. He didn't feel all to comfortable on the fifth floor, with it being well beyond his current level range, but desperate times and all that. Then he saw it, a player owned blacksmith that seemed to have, insanely low prices. With a almost glee lik demeanor, Noct open the door and stepped inside the shop.

Immeditly his nose was hit with the scent of a blacksmith, the heat of the forge making everything stand out much more. Wiping his face, he perused the shelves. "Damn, no spears." Noct said to himself. "Uhm, I'm sorry M'am." Noct said, walking up to the purple haired blacksmith. "I hate to bother you, but would it be an issue if I were to have something custom made? I'm looking for a two handed spear, with a bit more punch than normal, but your stock seems to be a bit low." Noct said, eyeing the store again, seeing if he missed anything. Nope, still no spears. "I can only afford so much though, will 400Col be enough?" Noct asked, hoping that it would be.

Spoiler

Recipient: Nocturn
Item Name: Adventurer's Spear
Item Type:  THA-Spear
Quality: Uncommon
Tier:  1
Enhancements: Damage
Specifics:  A simple polearm, nothing special. Much better quality then the spear Noct started with.

@Soredell
"Finally." Teion mumbled under her breath. The katana was finally complete, and she held the item out for the silver-haired player with the slightest grin. "Sorry about that. This one should be perfect." She gave the weapon her stamp of approval, happy with the design and getting the desired enhancements as she handed it over.

@Nocturn
"Hm?" Once her business with Soredell was complete, the blacksmith looked over to Nocturn as he politely approached her. She took the details of his order, the raven-haired man's words slowly registering after a few moments. She raised her head from the paper with a thoughtful look, giving her chin a couple of light taps. "Oh, one second." She seemed to recall something before she turned away and walked to a back room. Teion left the door open, only closing it behind her when she came back through half a minute later. She was holding onto a two-handed spear, bringing the item back over the Nocturn and offering it over for him to consider. "If you don't mind the design, you can have this instead." She had left the rare-quality spear in the back with a few other items she planned to bring over to a Merchant, but hadn't gotten around to it. "Oh, three seventy-five." She tacked on, realizing she hadn't said anything about the price he offered.

Crafting Results 2/24/17

Hide contents
  • ID#: 78099
      • CD: 12 - Perfect item
        • Crafted Cruento Reaver
    • ID#: 78100
      • CD: 2+1=3 - Good item

EXP: 12
    Materials Used: (1) T1 material, (1) T2 material

Trade Confirmation:

Hide contents

Soredell smiled as Teion's response to his request, her saying that it shouldn't take too long to complete. "Got it, I'l just hang around here for a little bit until its ready. Just be sure to call me over when its done." he says, deciding to take a wonder around the store to pass the time. There's very little change to the place since he was here last, when he got <<Jade Dragon>>. The only real difference on this occasion is that there seems to be quite a number of players coming and going from the store, each of them ordering something, or picking up an order. Good to know that business seemed to be going well for Teion. Eventually she calls him back with his new sword in hand, <<Cruento Reaver>> its blade reflecting red light onto him. "Thank you Teion. Have a good day." he says, taking the item, paying the right amount of Col and waving goodbye to her, sure that he'd see her again sooner or later.

+ Acquired <<Cruento Reaver>>

Spoiler

Recipient: Soredell
    Item Name: <<Cruento Reaver>> 
    Item Type: Katana
    Quality: Perfect
    Tier: T1
    Enhancements: 2 Slots: Bleed (12 DMG/turn on a natural 8 - 10 CD, ignores MIT); 1 Slot: Damage (+1 DMG)
    Specifics: A long katana with a black handle and a long, crimson, curved blade used to effortlessly cut down foes. When the blade's reflection is reflected in the light, you can almost see blood dripping from the blade, almost as if the blade itself wants to draw blood.

- Paid Teion 1000 Col

Edited by Soredell
    • 3 weeks later...

He would walk back into the shop about a couple months later, the deal still set if he remembered correctly. Kyu would be walking by his side with her tail waving. Ever since he obtained the wolf, he knew that he was going to have to change up his build a little bit to make the best of his build. His balance build was coming along nicely however, as it was now gaining a few more properties. The main one he could think of was how he was able to obtain a high amount of evasion, along with a bit of mitigation, so he was truly becoming a powerful tank. "Hey there, I have a small order here." The snow-haired player would explain, leaving a small order form there. Usually, he would order things by the huge numbers, but this one was a simple order for him. It seems like he just never could bother doing much more, a minimalist these days.

Spoiler

Recipient: Sey
    Item Name: Memorlia
    Item Type:  One-Handed Assault Spear
    Tier: 1
    Enhancements: +3 Accuracy
    Specifics: A regular brown spear handle with a white coated blade, very light and thin to provide accurate blows with precise speed alongside it.

Teion spotted the white-haired player as he entered, a small smile resting on her features as she recognized the man. Her attention quickly shifted to the white wolf at his side and the woman's eyes lit up for a brief moment as she observed the familiar. She tore her attention away as Sey greeted her, giving him a small nod. "Hi again." She took the order details from him and looked it over a moment before nodding once more. "Mm, yeah." She mumbled. "Just a second." The blacksmith wasted no time, pulling up her menus and selecting a couple of materials to begin crafting. In just a short time, Teion held a standard-looking spear in her hand, twisting the handle to inspect either side of the blade before handing the item over to Sey.

Crafting Results 3/13/17

Hide contents
    • ID#: 79376
        • CD: 11+1=12

EXP9
      Materials Used: (1) T1 material

Trade Confirmation:

Hide contents

It didn't take her too long for her to get the spear finished, which was satisfying for him to know. When it was finished, he would inspect the weapon closely, like he usually did with his items before he took them. Everything seemed to be in check, which was impressive for the small amount of time used to actually forge the weaponry. His left thumb would stick up, giving an approval to the item as he would take it. Kyu would pant happily as she saw the weaponry, perhaps thinking of it to look more like a long link of sausage. Regardless, she was happy as well. "Thanks. Very much appreciated. See you around, I'm sure." Sey would reply calmly before whistling once, a sign for Kyu that the both of them were leaving the scene. She charged through the door with excitement, headbutting it with a devastating amount of force. Had the shop not been an immortal object, it might have ripped off. Sey would follow behind calmly shortly after.

+1 Memorilia

Edited by Sey
      • 2 weeks later...

Teion swung open the door to her forge, quickly rushing about to prepare things for the day. She had finally finished a design for the new weapon she desired--a scythe that would function as a two-handed axe. She had already sketched out an idea for its appearance and now all that was left was to craft the item. Getting out her tools, the blacksmith seemed to have a newfound inspiration burning inside of her. She had only recently completed the quest for the martial arts skill, which had dragged on long enough for her to have some well-needed time to her thoughts. It was some well-needed solitude, different from being alone in her shop or taking on solo quests.

She burned through a few materials trying to get it just right and spent a bit of time in her crafting interface looking over her options. Before long, however, she had a perfect-quality craft.

Crafting Results 3/27/17

Hide contents
      • ID#: 80606
        • CD: 1 - Critical Fail
      • ID#: 80607
        • CD: 5+1=6 - Good item
      • ID#: 80608

EXP: 14
      Materials Used: (3) T2 materials

• 2 weeks later...
      Spoiler

Recipient: Sey
      Item Name: Triad
      Item Type:  Shield
      Tier: 2
      Enhancements: +3 Regen
      Specifics: A restorative shield with a white coating on the outside and a golden handle on the inside.

Sey came in a few weeks later with another order. If he was going to be fighting against major bosses that had area attacks, he was going to need some restorative items as well. That was where the Shield came in. It did not fit too well with the spear in all honesty, but that did not matter any to him. When the game was updated, he planned to restart it all, and make sure that whatever he chose would be the right build. So he would have the order placed onto the table, only to scribble another note onto it. "Hey there, I need to get this item right here. Oh, and if you have any vanity second tier items you want to get rid of, I'll take them from you." With that, he left the order down before leaving the shop for the moment. It likely will be finished in a short amount of time, he could just get something close to a soda or something like that in the meantime.

Teion was in a surprisingly good mood. She had just recently leveled up, and only last week completed the craft of her new weapon, promptly falling in love with the blade. The only thing holding her back now was a lack of skill points. The violet-haired woman had been sitting over a drafting table, drawing up some designs for the first time in quite a while when her head perked up at the sound of the heavy wooden door swinging open. "Hm?" She looked over with a small smile as Sey approached her with another order. Business as usual. He also asked for any of her pre-made vanity equipment, causing the woman to tilt her head slightly. She wondered why he would want some mis-matched pieces, but didn't dwell on it long before giving the man a nod. "Got it, one second." She said simply.

Crafting Results 4/11/17

Spoiler
      • ID#: 81986
        • CD: 9+1=10 - Rare item
          • Crafted
      • ID#:81987
        • CD: 11+1=12 - Perfect item

EXP: 15
      Materials Used: (2) T2 materials

Trade Confirmation:

Spoiler

Nocturn took the weapon in his hands. He held it for what seemed like hour, maybe even months. It felt, better. It felt like it fit in his hands, as if it were meant to be there the entire time. "I'll take it." Nocturn said, exchanging his hard earned col for the weapon. All he needed now was a decent set of armor, and some potions and he'd be ready for actual quests. At this rate he'd be ready for the front lines in no time. The spear was a dark blue, much like his original starter outfit, and resembled the dark depths of the ocean. It's points, well, rather two points twisted together into a nasty tip. Nocturn equipped the weapon, and walked out of the store, happy of his purchase.

Spoiler

-375 Col to @Teion

Zero had spent a lot of time looking into different blacksmiths, wandering the area of the lower floors to see what he could find. He really liked the name of this blacksmith store, "Forged by the Sun" had a very nice ring to it. There was something about this store that gave him a good feeling.   He didn't have too much Col on him but he had managed to gather a good bit of materials on his last quest, so he was hoping that he would be able to use that to pay for some work. 

"Excuse me, but is the owner of this blacksmith shop in, I was hoping to get a piece of equipment made."  Zero comes in and does his best to be respectful of the blacksmiths time and see if this blacksmith would be interested in working with him to get a new weapon forged. 

@Teion

Edited by zero_lost04

Teion let out a small breath as she held her hands over her head and stretched her arms. Work in her forge had certainly slowed down the past few weeks, leaving her with little to do in her shop during the day. The violet-haired woman yawned before her limbs fell back down to her sides just as the door to her forge swing open. "Hmm?" The blacksmith mumbled out. It had been quite some time before another players had come to her shop looking for equipment. Ever since she'd crafted her new weapon, her creative muse was slowly beginning to resurface. Her brain registered the silver-haired man's question, inquiring about the blacksmith and a piece of gear. "That's me." She answered simply, taking a moment to set her tools aside before turning her full attention to the player. "What are you looking for? A custom order?" She prodded the man with a couple of questions before waiting for more details.

@zero_lost04

"Yes, I think calling it a custom order is accurate, though I must confess that I don't know much about placing a custom order. The only real information that I know to give is that I would like the best two handed straight sword that you could make with these. If this isn't enough, I do have a little bit of col as well."  Zero responds to the lady blacksmith, bowing his head in respect to her. As he continues his conversation with her, he opens up his trade window and scrolls through a few things before putting in 5 tier 1 materials. He hoped that that would be enough for him to get something really nice made, though beyond that he wasn't really sure because he still wasn't all that familiar with the weapon crafting or enhancements system of this game yet. 

@Teion

"Oh, easy." The woman nodded as the silver-haired player's description. When the trade window appeared before her, Teion accepted the materials, making a few quick motions to pull up her crafting interface with one hand while she reached over to her counter with the other. She pulled a piece of paper over--one of the custom order forms--and began scribbling down a couple of details. "You would do it like this." She explained, filling out a couple pieces of information that he had told her into the blank sections before holding it up to him.

As she then focused on scrolling through the options of her crafting menus, the woman's eyes flickered back over to the player. "But what do you want on it?" She asked simply. She could work without a name for the item or a preferred appearance; she could wing it and let her creativity take over for those aspects. As far as which enhancements went on the weapon, however, she didn't want to take any liberties on. The player seemed unfamiliar with designing his own equipment, so the woman went on to briefly explain. "All damage is the most common, but you can get accuracy, bleed..." She began to list the limited enhancements available to weapons while waiting for his decision.

@zero_lost04

Zero was paying very close attention as the female blacksmith began to give him the quick run down of how the process of ordering the item would go about and he made sure to pay extra attention as she showed him how to fill out the form in order to place the custom order.  It seemed like this was a pretty straight forward and streamlined process, It wasn't until she got to the point about the different kinds of enchancements that he got a bit lost.  He paid close attention to what she said, but the only thing in his mind was "whatever helps keep me alive the longest."  After she had told him about the different enhancments, he opens a small menu and reads up on the very basic ones for himself, reading up on the ones for weapons and for armor.  Looking over the enhancements for a moment, Zero comes to a completely different decision than what he had originally thought about

"Actually, I'm sorry to kind of switch gears all of a sudden on you, but would a piece of armor be ok instead.  If at all possible, I'd like for it to have 2 slots of mitatigation and 1 slot of regean.  I just feel like I'm not really equipped for long term survival in this game right now and I just have this suspsicion that armor would be a lot more useful to my survival right this moment." Hoping that that was ok, but wantd to leave a few more of the other things up to the muse of the blacksmith, Zero quickly changes up a few things on the order form before passing it off to the blacksmith.

@Teion

Recipient: zero_lost04

Item Name: Blacksmith's discretion

Item Type: Heavy Armor

Enhancements: 2 Slots Damage Mitigation, 1 Slot Regen

Specifics: Blacksmith's discretion

Edited by zero_lost04

Floor five was just as hot as advertised, which made Piera wonder all the more who would be crazy enough to have a forge here. But she was still avoiding Mack and she had heard rumors of another great blacksmith just one floor up. "What is with blacksmiths and extreme temperatures, hm?" The brunette asked of the owl griffon perched on her shoulder. His eyes were narrowed into slits, seemingly drained from the heat. "Poor baby." She sympathized with a loving pet as she strolled through the streets of Fortaleza. Eventually she found what she was looking for via a wooden sign that displayed the shop's name. "Forged by the Sun... Heh."

Already having a good opinion so far, Piera knocked twice on the door before opening it, knowing many crafters used their shop as a home as well and while the shop may be public, she always felt it best to announce oneself. Eyes adjusting to the dim lighting of the smithy, the alchemist blinked a few times before being able to make out a woman with beautifully vibrant purple hair speaking with another player, a male with white hair. They seemed to be discussing an order so she didn't intrude just yet. Spying a few leaflets of order forms, Piera took one and began filling it out while she waited for the blacksmith's business to conclude.

Whenever she was acknowledged, the healer would perk up with a friendly smile and step closer. "Hello there. My name is Piera and I'd like to submit an order for a weapon. Two handed assault spear to be specific." She held out the completed order form that had the rest of the specifics. "Also, would you like to be payed up front or on pickup? I can do either."

Spoiler

Recipient: Piera
      Item Name: Crafter's Choice
      Item Type:  Weapon (Two Handed Assault Spear)
      Enhancements: Damage, Damage & More Damage
      Specifics: Crafter's Choice. Pic would be nice, but not required.

"Oh, sure." Teion gave a small shrug, unsure what had prompted the player's change of heart, but without enough enthusiasm to question it. The player had given her specific enhancements to work with, and although she was a bit more used to customers with very specific visions for their equipment, she could work with her own creativity. She looked the Zero over a moment before giving a small nod to herself as she began drafting designs in her mind.

Before she had stopped to write down any of her thoughts, another player caught her attention. She had a form for an order ready, and addressed her with a polite straightforwardness. Teion looked over her request, a bit surprised that the girl was leaving the design up to her as well, but gave her a small nod just the same. "When it's ready is fine. Won't be long." Whether the players chose to wait in the shop or planned to come back later, Teion would begin working on the pieces immediately.

Crafting Results 4/19/17

Spoiler
      • ID#: 82779
        • CD: 8+1=9 - Uncommon item
          • Crafted
      • ID#: 82780
        • CD: 2+1=3 - Good item
          • Crafted vanity T1 Heavy Armor
      • ID#: 82781
        • CD: 7+1=8 - Uncommon item
          • Crafted
      • ID#: 82782
        • CD: 10+1=11 - Rare item
          • Crafted
      • ID#: 82783
          • Crafted
      • ID#: 82784
        • CD: 8+1=9 - Uncommon item
          • Crafted
      • ID#: 82785
      • ID#: 82786
        • CD: 4+1=5 - Good item
          • Crafted T1 vanity 2H Assault Spear
      • ID#: 82787
          • Crafted

EXP: 45
      Materials Used: (9) T1 materials

Nodding at the blacksmith's answer concerning when payment would be wanted, the brunette then blinked in vague surprise as she was told that her order wouldn't be long. "Oh. That's great! I'll just loiter around. If that's okay that is."

Piera would wander around the cozy (in more ways than one) as she stroked the underside of Jareth's neck, causing him to trill lowly in a sort of purr, his wings hanging loose, attempting to stay cool. She herself was glad that she hadn't decided to come in her armor, knowing that it would be sweltering on this floor. Green eyes slid over the various displayed wares without really looking for anything before they settled on a pair of iron bracers that had silver crescent moon as an emblem on each. Even though they were heavy armor, they reminded her of Nocturn, primarily because of the moon symbol but also because she didn't recall him having any armor equipped. She didn't really see him building a heavy armor type as he seemed to be going for DPS, but some armor for now couldn't hurt. Pointing out the armor, the alchemist would wait for the purple haired beauty to finish her crafting (not wanting to cause her to lose her focus) before saying, "I'd also like to add this to my purchase if you don't mind."

Spoiler

Name: Moonlit Bracers
      ID: 75997
      Item Type: Heavy Armor
      Quality: Rare
      Tier: 1
      Enhancements: +2 Damage Mitigation
      Descriptions: A simple pair of iron armguards with silver trim. A small crescent moon emblem rested in the center of the metal on each piece.
      Cost: 375 col