[F5] Forged by the Sun (R8 Blacksmith) (Closed)

The blacksmith looked up from her work as the Jade Hunter returned to retrieve his weapon. A small smile emerged on her features as Hirru approached and greeted her. Opening up her inventory, the woman materialized his new blade--Oath of the Unknown Knight. The blade was rather plain, but reminiscent of the Solace she had crafted what felt like ages ago. She would be lying if she said the original sword hadn't given her inspiration while working with the new piece.

Handing it over for the man to inspect, Teion gave a small smirk. "I hope it serves you well. I'm glad I could offer you another weapon to keep fighting with." A hint of pride came through in her voice.

Trade Confirmation:

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And so, it began. The hunt for equipment. The blonde girl supposed the best place to start would be to hunt down a good weapon. She'd spent some time doing her research, asking around and hunting for a weapon shop that she could work with. After a while, Kooh had heard about some desert-town place that used to be pretty busy. Seemed like the hype died down for whatever reason and now the owner didn't get much business.

'Perfect.' Kooh thought, plan already forming in her mind. If the shopowner was hard for business, she could see about worming an item out of her, maybe even with an IOU. With a playful smile dancing across her lips, Kooh pushed open the heavy wooden door to the smithy.

Once inside the quiet shop, the girl looked around inquisitively. With no sign of another player, the girl simply cocked her head to the side and took a look at the few items on display. Her eyes fell upon the weapon type that she used--a decent-looking pair of claws, from what she could tell.

Cygnus was shopping around for some good places to buy a new sword. He loved this sword, despite it being the one he started with. Still, he wanted something that had more practical value than sentimental value. After much shopping around as well as much disappointment at either not finding what he needed or it being out of his price range, he found himself in a desert town. As he gazed upon the place, only one thought entered his mind; There is absolutely nothing here. He thought about moving on, but he decided to check it out anyway. He casually took a walk around town until he came across what looked to be a smithy. What luck! He managed to find one. He headed inside excitedly, looking around at all the weapons the shop had to offer. He saw Kooh looking at a display. She looked busy, so he'd talk to her later. He had to hunt for his own weapon. He examined the displays, searching for a reliable-looking two-hander. It didn't take him long to find what he was looking for. Cygnus looked closely at the weapon. It seemed better than his at least.That was really all he wanted. With a measly 240 Col on hand, he didn't have many options. He silently prayed that it didn't cost too much. After taking a deep breath, he looked around for the shopkeeper.

Edited by Cygnus

"Oh." A small, dull voice sounded from the back of the shop. A woman with long violet hair had just come from a back room, carrying a box of supplies in her arms. Her expression was rather blank, but seeing two players in her shop, Teion acted as if she had just walked in on something. Setting the wooden box down beside the counter, the blacksmith took a few steps in their direction, addressing both players at once since she wasn't sure who had come in when.

"If you're looking for something specific, just let me know." The woman said plainly, watching as the two players looked around.

"Hmm?" Kooh looked up from the piece to spot a woman now in the same room. As she heard some sound coming from behind her as well, a glance over her shoulder presented a familiar face. The girl smirked in greeting before turning her attention back to the shopowner to claim her attention. "Hey yeah, I was looking at this." She pointed to the pair of claw weapons. "I don't have much money, though." She added with a small pout. "I heard you were a really good blacksmith, though, so I couldn't help but check out your shop!" Kooh spoke excitedly, starting with some flattery. "D'you have anything that could help me out? All I've got is the beginner stuff." She slipped in a note of embarrassment, mentally crossing her fingers to obtain some pity from the woman.

Cygnus looked over at Teion as she entered. "Oh, hi!" He said, bowing politely. "I'm, uh, looking at this too when you have some time!" He said, pointing at the sword that called his attention. "I don't have a lot of money either, but i'll give you whatever I have!" He added, hoping that the money he had would be enough. He noticed that Kooh was trying to get some kind of deal. Cygnus secretly wished he was any good at haggling and negotiating. He might've been able to get a better deal on his own rather than relying on the owner's kindness. After the interaction she had with Kooh, he would at least have an idea of just how good his chances were. He moved back after he spoke, letting Kooh do some business first before he jumped in. He didn't want to be rude after all. 

Teion listened to the two strangers explain themselves, and after a moment her blank expression turned into a small smile. "You're just starting out, huh?" She surveyed their obvious lack of gear. "Hold on." She said simply, turning to head back to the other room.

Teion stepped away for just a minute before she came back and approached the players. She opened a trade window with either of them and offered them two items each, confirming the trades without waiting for them to offer anything in return. "If these will help, take them." She said plainly.

Trade Confirmation:

Hide contents

Daily Crafting Results: 6/26/16

Hide contents
  • ID#: 62186
  • CD: 4+1=5 (Good item)

• ID#: 62187
  • CD: 3+1=4 (Good item)

• ID#: 62188
  • CD: 6+1=7 (Uncommon item)

• ID#: 62189
  • CD: 8+1=9 (Uncommon item)

• ID#: 62190
  • CD: 2+1=3 (Good item) 

• ID#: 62191
  • CD: 7+1=8 (Uncommon item) 

• ID#: 62192

• ID#: 62193

Gains:  +2 Uncommon items, +27 EXP
Losses: - 8 Crafting Materials

Edited by Teion

Kooh tilted her head to the side as the blacksmith seemed to examine them. She didn't seem hostile at least, so that was a good sign. Blinking with curiosity as the woman disappeared back into another room, Kooh gave a glance and a shrug towards Cygnus, slipping her hands into her pockets as she waited for the woman's return.

Once she appeared in front of them again, Kooh saw a floating window that stated the blacksmith was offering her two items. She had no idea how to inspect them or determine what exactly they were, but a grin broke out on her face regardless. "Whoa, really? Thanks!" She wasn't planning to question her generosity. In fact, this was going ten times better than she had planned.

Trade Confirmation:

Spoiler

Cygnus stood up straight when Teion examined him. Much like a soldier in the army would during inspection. It was almost as if the action was reflexive. He took a more relaxed stance once Teion went into the back room, however. Cygnus looked at Kooh in confusion, who gave him a shrug in return. What could she be doing? Cygnus could only guess. Maybe she had some things better fit for beginners and she was going to go get those? He didn't have to wonder much longer, however, as the shopkeeper emerged from the back of the store. Cygnus almost stood at attention again, but caught himself at the last second and stayed in his casual position. As Teion approached them, Cygnus decided to pipe up and ask her what the sword would cost, but to his surprise, she simply opened up a trade window and passed off a couple of items to him. He didn't even get to see what they were or bring up that he surely didn't have enough for two items when she had already confirmed the trade before he could give her any money. Cygnus didn't really seem sure how to process this. No one had ever been that charitable to him before. He was taught never to expect charity, and to NEVER EVER accept it. To do so would be a stain on his family's honor. His family was estranged already, all save his older sister, but those lessons from childhood still stuck with him. "I... I can't..." He began, but his desperate need for equipment overshadowed that conditioning and led to him actually taking a look at the equipment, making sure she wasn't giving him something she might really miss. He opened his menu, a confused look on his face until he finally came across it. "Sturdy Greatsword" and "The Daedric Armor." This act of charity moved him, and after coming to a conscious decision, he gave Teion a deep bow of respect and gratitude. "My eternal thanks. If there is anything I can ever do for you, i'm at your call." His easygoing personality snapped to something very formal and rigid. He normally wouldn't call on his lessons of etiquette, but this was a special case. "I won't forget this." He stood again. "Again, anything I can do." He said the last part with a less formal manner of speaking and an actual smile. 

Trade Confirmation

Hide contents
  • + Sturdy Greatsword (received from Teion)
  • + The Daedric Armor (received from Teion) 
Edited by Cygnus

Teion glanced at the blonde girl, giving a small nod at her short, enthusiastic reply. Her attention then turned back to the man who seemed to have frozen up with hesitation as the items were given to him. Teion's blank expression persisted through his weak protests, followed by an immense amount of gratitude. She waited patiently for him to stop speaking before opening her mouth. "Materials." She said flatly, elaborating once she realized it was necessary. "If you don't have them now, then help me get some later." She explained. "We can go to the lower floors if you need." She offered the man a half-smile after telling him what she wanted in return. She brought her hand up in a small wave, not necessarily meaning to chase them out, but at least letting them know she had nothing more to say. "Get used to them," She added on as she turned to walk back to the counter. She picked up the wooden box she had been carrying earlier, about to move it to another part of the room as she finished her thought. "I'm almost always here, if you need anything."

Cygnus grinned when Teion told them what they had to do to pay her back for the equipment. Cygnus nodded vigorously. Helping her collect materials seemed more than fair. "Consider it done. I don't have any materials, but I'll help you collect some any time. The lower floors would be preferable, but with this, who knows how far I can go. Today, the second floor seemed out of reach!" He laughed. "Anyway, just call on me when you need me. I'm Cygnus." Then, eager to test out his new gear, he headed out, waving goodbye to Kooh and Teion. "I'll see you guys later. Just let me know when you want to do some collecting! Bye!" He headed out, the events of today putting him in a very good mood.

Emblem walked into the cool looking shop on floor 5. His friend Cygnus had told hi. To come and check it out because of how nice the shop was. Emblem walked in and looked around at the armor and weapons on display. Sadly he couldn't afford much there or even equip them because of his level. He walked up to the owner of the shop. "Hey! Sorry I can't afford or equip any of this equipment but when I get stronger and get more COL you'll be my first blacksmith I'll go to!" Emblem felt bad as he walked out but knew that he would get some equipment from her soon

Edited by Emblem

I knocked on the stone entryway as I entered the old-style, desert-based store. "Hello, I would like some items made before the upcoming raid, please!" I called out, a card with the details for my request in my hand. I made my way briskly to the counter and gently placed it down, facing the rather cute, purple-haired blacksmith for her to read;

Spoiler

Name: Vanishing Dragon
Type: Heavy Armour
Rarity: Perfect
Tier: 2
Enhancements: Mitigation x2 (9 x 2 x 2= 36 MIT), 1 Regen (9 x 2 = 18 HP on CD 6+ After Enemy Attack)
Description: A shining white set of armour that looks much like a dragon, or a robot from popular media. Golden spikes and crimson orbs decorate various areas of the armour and a vanity pair of wings (not sure if you can do this?) to complete the dragon look.
Reference: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/villains/images/8/8b/Vali_1Lucifer_Divine_Dividing_Balance_Breaker.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150504034017 (Red replaces the blue)

Name: Titan's Grasp
Type: Gauntlets
Rarity: Perfect
Tier: 2
Enhancements: Damage x3 (3 x 2 = +2 Damage)
Description: A pair of quite oversized-looking steel fists, that while worn normally look quite comical, look utterly terrifying when paired with a beefy set of armour. They pack enough 'punch' (literally) to level boulders in no time, but lack much other utility.
Reference: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/dynastywarriors/images/5/54/Fugaku-toukiden.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140315115105

"Hm?" Teion's expressionless gaze flickered upwards at the sound of a knocking at the entrance to her shop. A silver-haired man stood before her, approaching the counter she sat behind and handing over an order. The violet-haired blacksmith stood, turning her gaze from the player to the slip of paper he'd set down before her. As her eyes scanned over the details of the items he wanted made, it almost appeared as if a glimmer of inspiration shone in them. She looked back up to the stranger, offering him a nod with a simple, "Wait here."

The woman took the order details and moved over to her workbench. She pulled up her menus, selecting a few things and going about her crafting carefully as she created a few different items. A few minutes passed until Teion took a step back from her work, wiping her forehead with the back of her hand. Giving herself a satisfied nod, she walked back to the counter and addressed the man again. She opened a trade window and entered the two newly-created items. She glanced back up to his face, waiting for him to take a look at the equipment.

Daily Crafting Results: 6/26/16

Hide contents
  • ID#: 62823
  • CD: 5+1=6 (Good item)

• ID#: 62824
  • CD: 4+1=5 (Good item)

• ID#: 62825
  • CD: 1 (Critical Fail)

• ID#: 62826
  • CD: 12 (Perfect item)

• ID#: 62827
  • CD: 6+1=7 (Uncommon item)

• ID#: 62828

Gains: +2 Perfect items (Vanishing Dragon, Titan's Grasp), +1 Uncommon item (Simple Sword), +30 EXP
Losses: -6 Crafting Materials

Edited by Teion

Jonathan was at floor five. A place he was not going to be ready for for a long time. He had heard rumors of a cheap black Smith around this area. He needed new equipment. He walked up  to a building with a sign that  said forged by the Sun. Jonathan took a deep breath and walked in. It looked like a pretty cozy place. There was a few people looking at items themselves. His eyes took everything in. His attention was averted to a rare sword. It was not really his type but it looked like a decent weapon. It was marked as  Polished Sword.  Jonathan peered at the price. It was only two materials. Our 450 col. Jonathan walked up to the lady who seemed in charge of the place. He took a deep breath in. He was not good at taking to anyone. He was really not good at taking to girls. Jonathan looked at her and said, "H-Hello. I e-mails like to  the P-polished Sword." 

As Teion was addressed by a different player, one who looked fairly low-level from first glance, the woman registered his words with a simple nod. "Ah, sure." The blacksmith walked over to where a couple of identical items were on display and removed a rare-quality straight sword. She held it up a moment before passing it over to the blonde boy. She mentioned the price of the item as she handed it over, paying no mind to the player's shyness.

Trade Confirmation:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Name: Polished Sword
ID: 59859
Item Type: Weapon (One-Handed Straight Sword)
Quality: Rare
Tier: 1
Enhancements: +2 Damage
Description: A more refined straight sword that is still very simple in design.

Cygnus went to the fifth floor, ready to actually buy a weapon. He had some materials saved up from his excursion with Lawfer, and now he intended to use them. He knew immediately where to go; that forge on this floor, where he got his gear to begin with. He found the place easily and hurried inside to get out of the sun. He found Teion and gave her a friendly wave. "Hello there, Teion. It's good to see you again." He smiled at her. "I'm here for a sword. I actually have some materials here for it." He put the materials down on the counter and placed his order.

-5 Materials 

Spoiler

Recipient: Cygnus
Item Name: Gavel
Item Type: Two-Handed Straight Sword
Quality: Perfect
Tier: 1
Enhancements: +3 Damage 
Specifics:  Gavel is an elegant two-handed sword that has a very strong Paladin vibe. The main color scheme is white, the grip lined with gold rings and the cross-shaped hilt as well as the bottom part of the blade are lined with gold filigree. The silvery blade is incredibly sharp. The guilty can no longer hide behind their armor.

Edited by Cygnus

Jonathan watched as the woman walked over and grabbed the sword. She handed out to him. The sword felt comfortable in his grip. He thanked the woman and gave her two materials. He smiled and unequipped his starting sword and replaced it with the new sword. He thanked the last again and headed out. Training would be a lot easier now. He looked through the window. Put his black hood up and walked away.

-2 materials

Teion simply nodded to the blonde as her confirmed the trade with a couple of materials and made his way out. Her attention turned towards the brunette man that had greeted her, vaguely recognizing him but not quite able to place the memory. "Hm?" She mumbled as Cygnus spoke about a custom item. He handed over some materials as the woman brought a hand to her chin, mulling over the details of the sword he wanted. She hadn't made a good two-handed sword in some time, but the violet-haired blacksmith gave the man a simple nod of acceptance with her usual "Wait here."

The woman tinkered around a bit, playing with the crafting interface and attempting a couple of items before being awarded with the finished product. Bringing the sword back to Cygnus, she held it out for his inspection and approval.

Trade Confirmation:

Spoiler
  • +7 Crafting materials (Received from Cygnus and Morgenstern)
  • -Gavel (Traded to Cygnus)

Daily Crafting Results: 7/7/16

Hide contents
  • ID#: 63282
  • CD: 4+1=5 (Good item)

• ID#: 63283
  • CD: 6+1=7 (Uncommon item)

• ID#: 63284

Gains: +1 Perfect item (Gavel), +1 Uncommon item (Simple Sword), +16 EXP
Losses: -3 Crafting Materials

Edited by Teion

I whistled as I awaited the purple-haired girls return with the items I ordered, and my eyes joyously appraised the items she had crafted when she returned. "My goodness... they look amazing! Thank you very much!" I exclaimed as I ran a hand over the armour and oversized gauntlets. "How much for these two?" I asked, not wanting to leave with such amazing items for nothing at all.