[PP-F2] Row, Row, Fight the Power! <Breaking the Unbreakable> (Blue)

Greg had taken on the quest <Breaking the Unbreakable> to attain the Martial Arts Skill. Thinking on the name of the quest, it sounded like a line in a song from an Anime. What was the anime called again? He remembered something about piercing the heavens. He couldn't put his finger on it, but to be frankly honest, it didn't matter in this situation. Now he needed to find a Party, because he WAS NOT spending hours upon hours chipping at a rock to deplete its hp. He had just left the dojo of the Martial Arts master.

Edited by Greg Baxen
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue whipped off a piece of sweat from his clean forehead before continuing to walk. He had been trying to gather materials with pretty much no success and he really disliked not being able to catch a few apples from random trees around. Blue sighed as he felt his leg tiring before he decided to sit down. The day was hot and even though SAO was a video game, you can still feel the weather effects that has been put into place by the one and only creator himself, Kyaba. Blue smirked when he thought about the day that he announced that the players would be stuck in the game until they beat it. He doesn't get it but something about the whole event was just amusing to him.

Blue had been zoning out, thinking about recent days of material gathering and not much eventfulness. Things have been quite boring down here in the lower levels since the new boss has been fought. Argh... How irritating. He thought as he realized that he was still too weak to fight in those boss fights. Then, something appeared to him. He was pretty sure there was a cave around here which allows people to train. Immediately, he stood up and walked to the direction.

"Are you serious?" He asked nobody in particular as there was no one around as far as he could tell. As he arrived, he discovered that the rock was blocked by a gigantic boulder that wouldn't be broken with an average player's strength. How annoying. He thought with a sigh. But I really need to train though. He stood there, waiting, waiting as he stared at the rock. He's been here before and it took three players to barely break the rock. Argh......... 

Greg looked around, psyching himself up so that he may slay the mighty rock and finally attain the martial arts skill- oh, who is he kidding. This Is Gonna Suck! He's gonna be bored for hours on end! At least he found the rock, though... and someone near it. Approaching, Greg speaks out. "You here to try and smash this rock too?" 

"May as well get started, because we're gonna be here a while." he quips, before running towards the rock and attempting to punch it!

ID: 34844

BD 5: Failure!

He attempts to punch the rock, but trips over his own feet and falls over just in front of it, barely missing his punch. "It's a curse, isn't it?" Greg moans as he picks himself up. Three times he's started a battle by falling over. Well, it's not EXACTLY a battle in this case, more just punching a big rock.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Blue (44/44) (ENE: 11)
Greg Baxen (?/?) (ENE: ?)
Giant Boulder (50/50)

ID: 34910
BD: 9 (2 DMG)

Blue watched as the person in front of him decided that he'd go ahead and try to punch the rock. "I don't think that's going tuh wor-" were his words when the boy managed to trip on his own feet. Pffft. He thought in amusement as he tried not to burst out laughing and rolling on the ground. Blue smirked as he rose up his sword.

"Watch and learn." He said calmly as he let his sword skill activate. It was a 'Snake Bite' sword skill that is to inflict damage upon the opponent by hitting them twice. Not sure how it would work against a rock though. He charged toward the gigantic boulder nonetheless and had an attempt at it.

However, the object soon gave him a message saying that he cannot simply just strike it with the blade. Blue cursed as he realized that he would have to punch the rock himself. "Argh... How annoying." He complained as he punched the rock in anger. Sure enough, there was no pain because this was a virtual world. Still, Blue figured it would take quite a bit of time to finish off the rock.

Blue (44/44) (ENE: 10/11)
Greg Baxen (?/?) (ENE: ?)
Giant Boulder (48/50)

Edited by Blue

Greg got up. "Not five minutes in and i'm already starting to hate this quest. Kayaba Akihiko must be a sadist to think that anyone could solo this thing- they'd lose patience considering that you're not allowed to use any weapon but your fists. Were it up to me, i'd have used my sword long ago."

After saying that, Greg attempts to punch the Rock again!

ID: 34930

BD 1: Critical Failure!

Greg punches the rock... only for his attack to bounce right off, doing no damage and causing him him to fall backwards.

Greg Baxen (20/20) (ENE: 3/6)
Giant Boulder (48/50)

ID: 34931

Once again, Blue smirked as the player in front of him made a comical comment and went ahead to deal no damage to the rock. I guess he's got no accuracy boosts. He thought. Which is quite important. He walked up to the rock before deciding to back up to gain some momentum. Alright. He thought as he cracked his knuckles. "Let's see if I can inflict another critical on this thing." He said.

Blue charged. His speed was undenyable and of course, his accuracy also came to play. His fist went right ahead and had a direct impact into the rock and Blue's smirk grew wider as a chip came off from the rock. "Well, at least we're making progress." Blue said with a half-sigh before backing off and allowing the other player to have a go at the gigantic boulder.

(I think energy is still in play even if its a rock.)

Blue (44/44) (ENE: 11/11)
Greg Baxen (20/20) (ENE: 3/6)
Giant Boulder (46/50)

Edited by Blue

Greg groans. Today was just NOT his day! 'Well, nothing to it except to keep wailing until the rock FINALLY breaks.' Greg thinks to himself before he gets up and charges towards the rock again, attempting to punch it!

ID: 34933.

BD 5: Failure!

Greg's punch connects but does nothing! "Oh, come on..." he moans. This was just a rock- WHY was it so hard to break?! Greg scratches his hair in frustration.

(Okay. Also, i'm Level 6, it's just i derped and forgot to update my signature. I changed that now.)

Blue: 44/44 HP, 11/11 EN.

Greg Baxen: 24/24, 4/7 EN

Giant Boulder: 46/50 HP.

Greg Baxen (24/24) (ENE: 4/7)
Giant Boulder (46/50)

(Ah. Okay.)

ID: 34959
BD: 5+3=8 (1 DMG)

Blue watched as the boy managed to once again miss the open target. With a sigh, Blue studied the boy's behavior. It seems as if he quite low leveled because his energy seems to be draining and he has no accuracy boosts. Suddenly, he felt as if the boy's face was familiar. Oh! Blue thought as his eyes grew wider. He's bought stuff from my shop. He concluded before getting ready to strike at the rock.

Blue backed off a bit and charged toward the rock. However, Blue closed his eyes before landing the hit and somehow, it was if there was a force pulling him, he managed to hit the rock even though he felt the miss. Hm. One damage. He thought in disappointment as he was unable to inflict a critical damage this time. Next time I will. He thought in determination.

Giant Boulder (45/50)

Edited by Blue

Greg once again punched the rock. However, this time his focus was on the person near him. 'Why does he look familiar?' Greg thought to himself, before he had a flashback to when he received the Coat of the Azure Wind. Then it hit him. 'He's the tailor who made my coat!' Greg realized. Not one to dwell on these thoughts, Greg decided he'd strike up conversation a bit later, and, once again, went to punch the rock.

ID: 34971

BD 10: Super Critical! +2 Damage!

Greg was really feeling it this time! He hit it once, then a second time, then a third time! "Finally, something starts going my way!" he exclaims with joy. He finally scored a hit, and a critical at that!

Giant Boulder (42/50)

(Can you please keep track of your own energy and health? Thanks.)

ID: 34985
BD: 3+3=6 (1 DMG)

Blue smirked when he realized that the player had finally managed to inflict damage upon the rock after numerous amounts of failed attempts from previous attacks. With a deep sigh, he walked over to the rock and immediately backed off again having forgotten to take a running step. Still, having been hitting the rock quite a bit, he still had a fear whenever he attempted a hit because, well... it's a rock and hitting a rock is supposed to hurt.

Blue charged up against the stone wall before letting his hand go flying. Once again, he closed his eyes upon impact and discovered that he'd almost missed the rock again. Luckily, his accuracy spared him from that fate. Great. He thought as he realized that he had a 100% hit record currently upon this gigantic rock... How do you even miss this thing given its size? He asked in his mind to no one in particular.

Giant Boulder (41/50)

Edited by Blue

(Whoops. Sorry.)

Greg checks the Rock's 'health'. 41/50. They'd managed to deplete 9 HP. Not bad thus far (Considering Greg's previous miss-streak of three). Greg attempted to then, once again, punch the rock.

ID: 35020

BD 5: Miss!

He fails, this time, his punch was angled wrong and he ended up just barely missing the rock. Greg was not amused by this, evident in his face quickly turning to a scowl. "How does this keep happening?!" Greg complains. Surely a rock can't be that hard to hit, right? RIGHT?!

Greg Baxen: 24/24 HP, 3/7 EN.

Boulder: 41/50 HP.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Greg Baxen (24/24) (ENE: 3/7)
Giant Boulder (41/50)

ID: 35042
BD: 8 (1 DMG)

Blue, however, was incredibly amused when the boy managed to miss once more and frustration was clearly showing through the boy's attitude. Guess it was only a one-time luck crit. He thought with a grin. However, now it was his turn for some rock hitting action and he hoped he can continue on with his 100% record.

Blue walked up to the boy before giving him a bit of advise. "Might wanna work on that accuracy a bit eh?" He said with a hint of amusement before staring at the rock and preparing to punch it. With an intense speed boost, he charged forward with his fist raised and boom. A thick sound occurred when Blue managed to once more strike the rock, taking a small amount of its health away. Making progress. He thought, content with the current situation.

Greg Baxen (24/24) (ENE: 2/7)
Giant Boulder (40/50)

Edited by Blue

Greg groaned. Not only was he having a spree of terrible luck, but he ALSO was getting snarky comments from the tailor who was helping him. Shoving these thoughts out of his head for the moment, Greg attempted to vent his frustration on the nearest outlet- the big rock.

ID: 35061

BD 6: Hit!

This time Greg's punch connected, and successfully chipped some HP off of the rock. He WAS going to complete this quest, and this rock WAS NOT going to stop him! He was going to get that martial arts skill, dang it!

Greg Baxen: 24/24 HP, 3/7 EN.

Boulder: 39/50 HP

Giant Boulder (39/50)

ID: 35062

Blue smiled when the player was able to hit the rock again. The third time? Blue guessed but didn't entirely remember. Whatever. We've taken away more than ten health now... Only a bit more left to go. Blue thought with a sigh before deciding to walk up and take the next shot. Let's see if I can get a critical on this. He thought with hope that this will speed up the process.

Blue smirked. He'd been able to hit the rock with his bare fist and also inflict a first degree critical on it. If only I had a weapon... That'd be quite a bit of damage. He thought with disgust before walking back. Well... 2 damage is better than nothing. He thought as he tried his hardest to be optimistic even though the day was passing quick and they weren't making much progress at all.

Giant Boulder (37/50)

Edited by Blue

'I feel like i'm beginning to lose my sanity trying to break this damn rock. I mean just look at it! It's just sitting there, begging me to attack!' Greg thought to himself. He was losing it. If he couldn't break the damn rock soon, he was gonna take a break. But for now, he attempts to, once again, punch the rock.

ID: #35078

BD 1: Crit Fail...

...And he trips over again. If Greg could describe the feeling he was feeling right now, it would be pure, unadulterated RAGE. 'ARGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!' Greg thought to himself.

Greg Baxen: 24/24 HP, 2/7 EN.

Boulder: 37/50 HP.

Giant Boulder (37/50)

ID: 35096
BD: 6

Blue smirked. Man, this guy's abilities and attacks are completely unpredictable! He thought, half in amusement, half in frustration. This is taking a long time and it's getting quite boring. Blue thought as he walked slowly towards the rock and stopping when the time was right. Alright. Let's knock some health down. He thought with a grin.

Blue charged toward the rock with new fierceness and stubbornness. He hit the rock hard and for a moment, he thought he'd managed another critical hit. However, it was not to be and he was only able to inflict regular damage. Argh... He thought, disappointed that he wasn't able to quicken up the pace of the quest. Man. Was his thought when he backed up to allow the other boy a go at the rock.

Giant Boulder (36/50)

Edited by Blue

Greg just went up and tried to punch the rock. At this rate he was sure he was just going to stop thinking and go to town on the rock in sheer rage if he didn't score a hit soon.

ID: 35156

BD 1: Crit Fail...

Once again, Greg trips. If one were to be able to see into his mind, they'd probably be seeing something like a massive explosion with Greg screaming "WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY" in front of it. Greg doesn't show it on the outside, though. His face is just... blank. It's kinda creepy.

Greg Baxen: 24/24 HP. 1/7 EN.

Boulder: 36/50 HP.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Greg Baxen (24/24) (ENE: 1/7)
Giant Boulder (36/50)

ID: 35185
BD: 2+3=5 (0 DMG)

Blue smiled. The boy was running out of energy and rather fast. However, it didn't matter as long as the player wasn't physically tired. To attack, one must have one energy and one energy is gained every attacking turn. So, no need to worry, there'd always be energy for a player to use against this rock... However, the amount of health this rock has is starting to bother me. He thought with a sigh.

Of course, he hadn't forgotten that it was his turn and when a leaf fell down from above, he smirked and charged forward with an intense burst of speed. However, he'd gone way faster than he could control and as a result was unable to land an attack upon the gigantic obstacle. Argh. He thought in annoyance as he realized that 'tis was the first attack he's missed the only time when fighting with the rock. After the attack, Blue backed off so the other player could maybe land a hit this time.

Blue (44/44) (ENE: 9/11)
Giant Boulder (36/50)

Edited by Blue

Greg just walked up to the rock and attempted to punch it. He literally could not spare any energy for rational thought. His entire focus was on destroying this damn rock.

ID: 35186

BD 10: Super Crit! +2 Damage!

Greg's punch hit the rock rather hard this time. Greg had no reaction to it, though. As stated before, he can't spare any energy for rational thought. He's not only too angry for that (though he's not showing it), but he's too tired as well. "Must... destroy... rock..." he mumbled quietly.

Greg Baxen: 24/24 HP, 1/7 EN.

Boulder: 33/50 HP.

Giant Boulder (33/50)

ID: 35272
BD: 2+3=5 (0 DMG)

Blue smirked. He noticed that every time, the player in front of him is either missing or hitting an insane critical. This game is so random. He thought with a grin as the player managed to inflict and take out an important three damage from the rock. Alright... Let's see if I can get a critical as well. He thought, hoping the quest won't take an extraordinary amount of time.

Blue charged up at the rock knowing that he had missed the last attack he took. However, he was unable to predict that he would miss for the second time in a row. Argh. He thought in annoyance as he managed to punch thin air instead of smacking the rock with his fist right in the middle. Blue sighed in exaggeration. "Alright.... Not good." He said.

Blue (44/44) (ENE: 8/11)
Giant Boulder (33/50)

Edited by Blue