[OP-F1] A Warrior's Work

This will hopefully be a training thread, so as soon as someone shows up we can fight the wolf! I'm hoping for at least one or two people on this one.

Magpie's hands tightened around the haft of her spear to still her shaking, and she nearly cursed aloud. This was ridiculous and she knew it, but she couldn't - she still couldn't move. Several yards away a wolf lazed in the tall grass, black fur gleaming in the sunlight. As she watched it lifted its snout to scent the cool morning air. Fortunately, she had chosen a place where the wind almost always blew in her direction. There was little chance of it catching her scent. She ran an unsteady hand through her dark hair, scanning the horizon. 

She was in one of the fields a short distance from the city gates, and but for a few out of the way places like this one, most of the monsters were destroyed as they appeared. Yet there were some like her who hadn't stepped foot outside the city in months. Magpie had heard the stories - everyone had - of great warriors who left with their party and came back alone. So many of them traded their armor for aprons. She didn't want to do that. Neither she nor Nightflower had wanted to sit in that city like a living tomb. Her eyes slid back to the wolf, and her heart stumbled in her chest. 

The warrior had been coming here for weeks only to sit and watch, unable to find the strength to move forward. It was stupid to be afraid of something she had been killing so easily only months before. And yet... if she set her feet on this path again, there would be no turning back. 

Edited by Magpie

I knew the first floor pretty much like the back of my hand at this point. I had spent most of my time in SAO on the first floor so I was well versed in all it had to offer. And all too familiar with how hair-pullingly frustrating collecting materials was. I didn't feel like putting myself through any of that and I wasn't in the mood to fight so I decided I'd just go relax on the fields. I had no one to meet and nothing to do so it would be a good chance to just relax. I left the city and made my way to a spot I frequented when I saw a girl standing stone still with her spear in hand. She looked like she was petrified. I was curious to know what on the first floor could do that to a person so I changed direction and walked up behind her. I lightly tapped her on the shoulder with my finger and asked what was wrong. "Hey is everything okay?"

Sousuke had been watching the two for quite some time one was a girl who looked extremely new to the game and the other he had heard of only by name and it from Manta his girlfriend.

He approached the two just as the second person tried to catch the firsts attention.

(OOC sorry due to your first person writing I kind of cant figure if your character is male or female koumori so I'll just refer to your character by name)

He looked at the second who was trying get the girls attention and spoke. "I don't think anyone is in right now koumori." He said giving no indication as to how her knew this person's name.

Magpie flinched and whirled, spear coming up - then she caught herself, instead shooting Koumori a withering glare. She forced the tip of her spear to drop, her eyes dropping at the same moment, as if setting aside both weapons. 

"I'm fine, truly. I was merely... collecting my nerve. It has been a while since I did battle." If the words felt as stilted as they sounded, she gave no indication. "I'm afraid my skills have gone to rust, such as they are."

Her eyes slid to Sousuke only briefly before returning to the first speaker, choosing to ignore the comment. It wasn't the first or last time someone implied she wasn't all there.

"Is this yours?" She gestured at the clearing and the wolf with her spear. "I didn't intend to intrude on another's territory."

(Koumori's a dude but I think it would be super hilarious for you to confuse him for a girl so you could do that if you'd like)

When I tapped the girls shoulder she whirled around and almost stabbed me in the eye with her spear. She stared me down with a wild look in her eyes so all I could think to do was throw up my hands in surrender. "Hehe, right. But I don't see any enemies." Just then someone walked up from behind me and told me that the girl wasn't all there but...wait...did he just use my name? How could he know my name. I turned to look at him and was positive we had never met before. I looked at him curiously, both sizing him up and doubling checking to be sure that I didn't know him. For some reason I got the vibe that maybe I should've but I really couldn't place the face. Finally I spoke up. "How do you know my name?" I heard the girl say something to me but I was too distracted by the guy that had appeared. I felt bad for ignoring her but finding out how this guy knew me was more important. I knew that I wasn't famous by any means so he must be friends with someone I knew. Either that or he was a villain out to get me. It probably wasn't the second one. 

(Magpie don't correct Sousuke this'll be funny haha)

Edited by Koumori

Sousuke watched the speed of the girl as she whirled he spear around and nearly stabbed the other before asking if a wolf was his. He was impressed by her speed although she moved clumsily. He figured this girl knew how to fight in real world but in here it was more difficult to get used to.

"Skills outside of the game mean nothing her you know." He directed to the first.

"As you miss I know your name from a friend of yours, she also happens to be my girlfriend perhaps you know who I'm on about?" He asked. He was pretty sure this it her person was female from the looks of her although she did seem to have rather small ... Assets.

Magpie didn't get an answer, and after a moment leaned on her spear, following their conversation with idle interest. Her query didn't matter nearly as much as how this young man apparently knew this stranger's name. Or indeed, how the other was going to react... it would be entertaining if nothing else. She could let go of the rudeness for that much. 

While they had their little discussion, she continued periodically scanning their surroundings. This was Aincrad, and even if it was only the first and least of the floors it was a good idea to keep an eye out for danger. Monsters weren't the only perils, after all. 

Miss? Did he just say "miss"? Wait a second...did that guy think I was a girl. Was a really that feminine looking? I always knew I was never the ruggedly handsome type but I never had a problem with giving off a girl vibe. At least I didn't think so. I was about to correct him when I had a much better thought: I'd play along. I was always making jokes, what could be a better joke than making someone think I was the opposite gender? Oh course it would be embarrassing for me but it would be well worth it. A devilish grin spread on my face before I quickly squashed it. It was go time. Time to channel my inner girl. Wow this was already weird. I brought my hand up to my mouth and put my index finger on my lips, titled my head up and to the side, and spoke in a voice slightly higher than normal. "Nope. None of my friends never mentioned anything about having a boyfriend like you. What's your na-" I stopped mid sentence as I saw the guys gaze shift down and quickly back up. Oh my god he was looking at my chest. I would've laughed out loud if I didn't have to stay in character. He was seriously checking me out, a dude! He must've been dissapointed in my lack of breasts. But I had to thank him, another great opportunity. I shot my head to the side and closed my eyes while crossing my arms over my chest. "Where were you looking...I'm sorry they're so small. It's not like I can do anything about it." I turned to look at the other girl that I almost forgot was there. "What's up with this guy?"

(this is fun already haha)

Sousuke blushed furiously at what the girl said to him he had a girlfriend and her friend just caught him looking at her chest. It completely threw him off and he instantly went on the defensive shaking his head furiously while waving his hands in a comical fashion. 

"Oh wait no I didn't mean I erm no wait your Manta's friend and I ... Oh heck" he finished before lowering his head in defeat . This was not going to bode well with Manta when she here's about this.

He quickly cleared his throat and pointed at the other girl.

"Erm yea name?" He asked like a complete idiot.