[PP-F2] Lost Little Lamb

Erin had been running from the in for a long while, her eyes completely riddled with tears after the long week she spent coped up with zel in his room. As she found herself losing track of which way she had gone she also began to lose sign of her emotions as she fell down in the middle of the woods crying what was normally suppose to stay a metaphorical river. From no where though she saw two large serpents that had just crept out from the tall grass. Both of them hissed eagerly awaiting their prey as she peeked up at sniffled. Both of them rattled their tales making them just ever so slightly venomous to her. She collapsed on the ground show no will to fight them instead she fully had given herself up to the beasts of this game who began to see her as a delectable new meal to devour in little chunks of lamb.

Manta walked through the meadows of the second floor, just enjoying the flowers and the weather. Up ahead she noticed someone run into the forest. She couldn't make out any details, but the person in question looked to be crying. Manta's face turned serious and she ran into the woods after them, trailing them until they fell down. She stopped running and approached tentatively, From the bushes nearby, two serpents slithered out. Manta charged in and slashed the two of them into pixels, turning to the other player. To her surprise it was Erin. She looked to be extremely distressed, and Manta leaned down, gently lifting Erin up and hugging her comfortingly. She would help Erin get through whatever she was going through.

Erin was crying and began to scream as she was lifted up obviously not in her best state of mine, "N-no! Leave me alone." She began to squirm trying to break free as she continued to sniffle her eyes were bloodshot from the amount of crying she had been doing. She just ruined his life was all that she could think as she had ran away to scared to think or feel pain for anyone else than the man she had hurt so badly. It was never her intention and she then fought to break free still sniffling and attempting to break free from her hug. "I'm a monster just let me die with the rest of them!" She shouted before collapsing against the ground. Her face streaming with tears as she lied her head against the matted grass of floor two. Softly she whined, "J-just let me die." She hadn't bothered to look at who it was attempting to save her.

Manta release Erin as she started to struggle, letting her fall back onto the soft grass. She got down on her knees next to Erin, reaching out slowly and placing a hand on Erin's shoulder. "It's me Manta, and I wont let you die, no matter what. Your not a monster in any sense of the word." She whispered, rubbing her shoulder. If Erin calmed down she would reach down and attempt to hug her again. She didn't know what was wrong, but she was going to do her best to help her friend.

As she was released she decided to look back up to who it was that was holding her back from her self-destructive plans now lying on the grass and looking up to Manta. "M-manta," She stammered before crawling over and now hugging onto her legs. She continued to cry into her knees and cling to them. "I-I hurt him I couldn't have don anything worse then what I did!" Feeling faint from the exhaustion of having stayed up lat so much as she had been attempting to show Zel her appreciation back at the in through menial tasks. She saw the tears running down his cheeks and how ruined he was because of his friend having gotten married and now she just left him to his own misery and rage. "It was my fault though." She murmured before collapsing against Manta's legs. 

Manta sat down and wrapped her arms around Erin, letting her cry on her shoulder. "Erin, your an amazing person. Whatever happened, it wasn't your fault. Your one of the most kind and caring people I know, and I know you would never willingly hurt someone." She pulled Erin closer, rubbing her back comfortingly. "Everything is going to be all right." She whispered into her friends ear. She had had something that she wanted to talk about with Erin before, but now her main goal was comforting her.

As she was enveloped in Manta's arms she began to catch her breath as she nearly was on the verge of hyperventilating before, she was so worked up. Those arms that were soft and comforting however made her come to a stop in both her plans of suicide as well as self loathing. She still was upset for her ruining the hero of Aincrad's day but none of that really mattered. Her head now resting against Manta as she was whispered sweet words. "T-thank you Manta ... y-you always seem to show up when I'm in trouble." Both her eyes closed now concealing the red in them as she let herself be cradled like a child now. "D-don't let me go."

Manta wasn't about to let go of Erin. Her friend needed her. She continued to hold Erin close, blushing a little. Since the last time they had met, Manta had developed a bit of a crush on Erin, and now she was hugging her. "I wont let you go Erin." She whispered comfortingly, massaging her back gently. She really wanted to tell Erin how she felt, but this really didn't seem like the time or the place.

Feeling the comforting warmth of Manta touching her and holding her close was enough to finally stop the constant stream of tears she had once had. Stains still apparent on them as she now nuzzled her face into Manta's neck. "I-I'm ok now Manta," she raised a hand up to rub her eyes clean and then  thought as she wished she had pocket in the outfit for a handkerchief as she wished to blow her nose. Instead she just would hold off and breathe into her shoulder. "I-I did something horrible ... to Zelrius, I can't believe I just left him in that state ..." She gulped down some saliva that had been forming in her mouth before peeling away from Manta. "T-tell me that I'm not a monster." She asked her more as a question then began to cry again. Afterwards she would ask, "T-tell me I'm good." She laid her head now between her bosom as she tried to keep reminding herself that she was a good person underneath it all and in light of leaving him in such a state.

Manta smiled and held Erin close to her, letting her get all of her tears out. Her cheeks turned bright red as Erin nuzzled closer to her. She was slightly surprised that the person she had done something to was Zelrius, but that wasn't a big deal. She reached out and gently pushed Erin's chin up so that she was looking her in the eyes. "Erin. You aren't a monster at all. You are one of the kindest and most caring people I've ever met. Even if you made a mistake everything will be all right. You aren't a bad person." She said softly, before leaning down and giving Erin a gentle peck on the lips before drawing back a little. "This world would be a much worse place without you."

Edited by Manta Gaul

It was good to hear all of that and right as she closed her eyes as if to rest she felt lips pressing against hers. This alone was enough to wake her out of the gloom that had enveloped her heart. All she could doe was blink in a startled daze as she felt the peck which Manta had placed upon her lips. "W-wha?" She blushed a deep cherry read as she began to paste together all the events that just had occurred as she wasn't entirely sure herself of what just took place. She was consoling me and then, s-she kissed me? I-I wasn't imagining that another girl just kissed me on the lips right. "I-I-uh- thanks?" She answered uncertain if she was now just dreaming and she was actually back sleeping in the inn still but sure enough she blinked thrice and she was still there comforted by Manta. "Y-you?" 

Erin appeared to be extremely startled. Manta panicked momentarily. Had she ruined her chances? This was probably a terrible time to do something like that. Still, the kiss had felt so right. She blushed bright red, watching Erin being flustered. "S-sorry." She stuttered for the first time in her life. "You just look so cute, and I really like you, and I thought it would make you feel better." She said as quickly as possible. "I've had a crush on you for a while now." She said a moment later, hanging her head a bit, admitting how she felt very clearly.

Erin face took would of general confusion as she began to comb through her memories trying to figure out if there had been signs that she had been ignoring that Manta had expressed to her. She remembered when they first met which was little more than calling a favor, then they continued on a bit farther till she remember meeting her out on the mountains and she thought that most of those were just friendly remarks. But here she was now admitting a confession of adoration or even more surprising love that she hadn't even noticed. "N-no it's ok," she began to panic and flail her arms awkwardly as she didn't want to make Manta as depressed as she had been just a few moments ago. "I-I mean I like you as well I just never thought that things had been anything more then friends with us .... n-not that I meant it to get to be something other than just friends!" Her voice began to become squeaky as her more nervous side took control. She muttered things awkwardly sounding as if she wasn't oppose to Manta kissing her or even that she wouldn't have thought of such relationships but she was now off on a tangent mentioning something about planting the potatoes in the winter.

Manta listened to Erin speak, a little bit confused. Did Erin like like her back, or did she just like her? Manta reached out and grasped one of Erins hands between her own, an extremely serious expression on her face. "Erin, I know your a kind person, so I want you to tell it to me straight. Don't make anything up to spare my feelings." Manta had been through emotionally trying times before, so a rejection wouldn't kill her. "Do you like like me back? Or do you think you ever could?" She asked quietly, gently holding onto Erin's hand. She was tense, bracing herself for the imminent rejection she was about to get.

Her once flailing hands were now stopped, clasped between Manta's which brought her back to the possible awkward truth that her father may not have approved of at all. She blinked and nibbled her lips as she wasn't certain exactly what she was feeling this had all moved far to quick for her and she hadn't been thinking about it for very long. "I-I like you Manta b-but I don't know if my dad would ever approve me b-being with another girl least of all one that I met in this death game." She gulped as she then began to think about what she would have done though if she didn't live.  "B-but I don't want to be alone ... I-I'm not strong like everyone else."  Frowning she looked down toward Manta's stomach uncertain of how to answer. "I-I do I just ... I can't do think right now ok." She scrunched up and leaned up against her friend as she shivered in her usual attire. "I was about to give up ... w-why would you want me ... I'm all broken." 

Manta smiled happily. Even if Erin's dad didn't approve, she didn't much care. Erin liked her back! She hugged Erin gently. "Erin, who knows how long we'll be in this game. With the way things are going we'll likely be here for a long time, so by the time we get out of here youll probably be a legal adult." She paused. "That's from a logical standpoint. Emotionally, I don't care what your father would think." She pulled out of the hug to look Erin in the eyes. "My parents definitely wouldn't approve either, but I don't care. I want to be with you, no matter what the rest of the world thinks. And I don't think your broken. Your an amazing person who made a mistake." She comforted. She pulled off her cyan blue coat, seeing that Erin was shivering, and wrapped it around her friends shoulders, hugging her close.

"So we just go against what I've been told all these years," she blushed and let out a slight grin at that thought. "No one at my school would believe that ... Erin being a rebel to the social norm." As the blue coat was wrapped about her she felt all bundled up and began to think of what she would do now that Manta and her had seemingly made a pact of love, to heck with what other people though. "Y-you're much braver than me ..." She sunk deeper into her friends coat and nuzzling up against her neck as she looked about, "M-manta we probably should get out before my serpents and monsters respawn. "D-does this mean I can stay with you then? I haven't really owned my own room since I joined this game." She smiled rather embarrassed that she was still such a noob despite how long it had been going.

Manta smiled as Erin seemed to come around. She melted into Erin's nuzzle, embracing her gently. With a happy smile, Manta picked Erin up bridal style. "Your probably right about that. And if you'd like you can. I have a room in an inn on the fourth floor, but I'm saving up for a house." She gently set Erin down onto her feet, keeping a gentle hold on her hand. "There's plenty of room for two though." She couldn't help grinning broadly, her entire face lit up with happiness. This had gone the exact opposite of what she had expected.

As she smiled brightly upon her Erin could only giggle happily, suddenly though she felt herself lifted off the ground like a bride which almost lost her in the moment of being one as she now was being held. As she was plopped down on her feet she had a slight glance back into reality with her own father having carried her mother down the alley. It was of course a recording of the special day but it only made this all that more exciting as her heart began to pound. "R-right if you have enough room that is for little ole me." She smirked as her hand was gently tugging her along behind through the forest.

Manta smiled as Erin followed her out of the forest. She seemed to have cheered up a good bit, and that made Manta feel much happier. "Of course I do." She said, looking back at Erin with a smile. She slowed down a little bit to let Erin walk beside her. She didn't know what her friends would think of this relationship, but to tell the truth she really didn't care. She led Erin to the teleport and called out 'Snowfrost Town!'. In a matter of moments they had been teleported to the cold, fourth floor town.