[PP-F1] Reunion <<Feeding The Enemy>>

The swordsman lifted his gloved hand to his neck, rubbing at the sore muscles.  He sighed and closed his eyes, feeling a little confused by everything that had happened.  One minute he had been taking a piss in an alleyway, and the next he had been approached from behind by some strange girl who seemed to know who he was in the real world.  Ronin still hadn't pieced it all together, but he had given the chick a chance to tell her tale.  Whether or not he would believe her, was still yet to be determined, though, something about her did seem terribly familiar.  He pursed his lips in thought as he leaned his back against the wall of the alleyway and sparked up a fresh ciggy.  His eyes drifted over her interesting attire and he listened to see what she had to say.

Jambi was positive this man was her real life husband. The tattoo of the motorcycle on this guys butt cheek had assured her. Rae appeared put off when she approached him. She could tell he didn't recognize her. Since being trapped in Aincrad and apart from her family, Jambi's sanity wavered more and more. One look at her and you could tell she was a little loony. She knew her appearance had reflected her madness and she realized Rae had never seen her quite like this. Also, Jambi had never been one for video games in real life. Just the fact she was playing this type of game would come as a major shock to her husband. Jambi knew an interesting opportunity had just fallen into her arms. She could think of a million things to do or say right now that would show Rae who she was... or... she could turn this into a game. "If you heel click your way the length of the alley, I will give you a clue as to how we know each other." Jambi exclaimed excitedly. Jambi loved every opportunity she got to see him do something silly. He was always so serious and rigid.

Ronin sighed, lowering his chin into his chest slightly and closing his eyes.  He lifted a pair of gloved fingers to the bridge of his nose and massaged at the area for a long moment, trying to combat the headache he could already feel building beneath the surface.  Whomever this crazy chick was, she was quickly getting on his nerves and now she was having a laugh at his expense, trying to get him to play her little games just so he could learn how she knew his name.  He inhaled, long and deep through his nostrils, calming himself and deciding he was much too curious to simply let this opportunity slip away. 

He would have to play it her way, for now.  "[censored] it, alright... You watchin'?  I'm only gunna' do this once..." he assured, before plucking his cigarette from his lips and focusing his gaze on the mouth of the alleyway.  Here goes... he thought to himself, stamping the sole of his weathered boot into the ground and launching himself into the air for his first in a series of heel clickers that would carry him all the way to the end of the alleyway and out into the street.

"Oh I am definitely watching, you can be sure of that!! I wouldn't miss this for the world! Jambi could see the irritation in Rae's eyes. This was never her intention but she knew he wouldn't just walk away after calling him by his name. Rae began to hop along. "If this isn't the best thing I've seen all day!! whoooo hoooo!" Jambi watched Rae's every move. She wished she could slow down time and etch this moment into the front of her memory. This was one of the things she loved most about her husband. He never felt he was too good to do anything regardless of how asinine the task. "Hurry up and get back! I miss you!"

Edited by Jambi

"Gah, who the hell is this crazy broad?" he wondered under his breath as he reached the end of the alleyway.  He had heard her back there, gawking and making little comments.  What the hell was her deal anyway?  Was she just some kinda' crazy stalker who went around the game looking for other players to meddle with?  Did she have some strange fascination with people with tattoos on their ass cheeks?  Had she chosen Ronin has her most recent target and decided she would make his life a living hell?  He didn't know, but as he turned around and looked back down the alleyway at her, he decided now that he had completed her task, perhaps he would finally get some answers.

Staying put, he called back to her, planting the ciggy between his lips and taking another drag to catch his breath.  "I'm staying right here... now tell me who you are and how you know that name..."

"Oh Rae, Rae, Rae! My Rae of sunshine! You make everything look cool. How I have missed your swagger. mmm mmm mmm. I do owe you a hint now don't I?! " as she chimed she began to slightly turn around keeping her eyes on him. "Just a warning, I haven't had the chance to tan since I've been here." Jambi pulled the back of her pants down just enough to reveal her matching tattoo. "There! You should know who I am to you now my deary! Now let's go get something to drink. I am quite parched and we have a bit to catch up on." With that, she turned around and started walking off down the street. Jambi kept her ears perked up to see if he would follow.

Edited by Jambi

"Rae of sunshine?  ...There's only one person who calls me that..." he said under his breath, his eyes narrowing as he looked upon the girl.  To his surprise, the next thing she did not only stole the smokey breath from his lungs, but told him without a shadow of a doubt, who this wild woman was.  As she pulled her pants down a little and exposed her backside to him, his eyes fell immediately on the tattoo of the motorcycle on her butt cheek.  "...No fuckin' way... it can't be..." he said, his eyes growing wide in disbelief.  His mouth fell slightly agape and his cigarette dangling from his bottom lip, still burning.  "...E... Eliza?!" he gasped, still unable to believe his eyes. 

Before he knew it, she was already strolling past him and heading off down the street.  She had mentioned wanting to get something to drink and from what he had just learned, he knew he could definitely go for one as well... a really strong one.

"You coming slow poke?" Jambi teased a few paces ahead. "Where to go, where to go, where to go? Do you know any good spots? I haven't paid to much attention to the shops here. Have you noticed how beige everything is. Who knew there were so many shades of brown? You know I just opened up my own store! It's on the outskirts of town. I call it Stitches and my work alias is The Mad Hatter. I am a tailor! Do you have a store? Do you have a profession? Well I'll take you to my store later. You would love it! I make the best tea too! It'll be a good time." Jambi rattled on, hardly getting a breath in. It had been so long and she had so much she wanted to tell him and show him. "How I have missed you my dear!"

Rae still couldn't believe this crazy looking chick marching along in front of him was... her.  He did his best to keep his mouth from hanging open, though he couldn't help but stare a hole through her back.  Could it really be?  And if so... then how?  He knew there was no mistaking it now.  She had looked awfully familiar already and what with the butt tattoo and all, it was most definitely his wife from the real world.  How had she found him?  Why had she come into this death game?  He had so many questions and his curiosity wouldn't allow his mind to rest.  His ears burned with her incessant questions and he had trouble keeping up with all of them, or her for that matter.  Though she was shorter and should therefore have shorter strides, she seemed to glide along the street, leaving him behind rather quickly. 

He jogged a bit to keep up, all the while huffing at his cigarette.  "I uh... I know of a spot,  right up here... on the left," he mentioned, recognizing the area and knowing they were close to the food shop he had gotten his veggie wrap from earlier.  Perhaps once they stopped for their drinks, he'd be able to answer some more of her questions and ask some more of his own.  For now, he was still trying to comprehend it all and his mind was racing.  "Yeah, this is the spot..." he announced once they reached the shop with the sign labeled FOOD.

"FOOD huh? I don't believe I've been here, you'd think they would come up with a more creative name... Although I guess I should give this game some props. Most of the time I don't even remember this is all virtual. It seems so real." Jambi continued to rattle out as she floated through the doorway. "You don't mind this spot do you?" She asked while taking a seat in a booth by the window. As Jambi was settling in she noticed this wide eyed fortune teller looking gypsy staring right at her from across the restaurant. "Boy those are the biggest eyes I have ever seen! And man look at her digs! I wonder if she would be down to closet swap!" The gypsy woman wore huge coke bottle spectacles and her hair looked like she stuck a fork into a light socket.

latest?cb=20110716152328

Edited by Jambi

Ronin flicked his cigarette to the breeze and followed the wildly dressed wench inside.  "Man... I need somethin' to drink, stat."  He licked at his chapped lips and joined her in the booth seat by the window.  He took a glance outside, wondering what other wild surprises this day might bring.  Returning his focus to the girl sitting across from him, Ronin paid closer attention to what she was saying and realized she was talking about someone else...  "Huh?  Oh..." he grunted, following her gaze and spotting the crazy haired gypsy woman staring at them from another table.  "Ah [censored]..." Ronin sighed, seeing that the woman was already standing up and heading over to their table now.  "Don't make eye contact," he pleaded, doing his best to try and look busy.  Anything to deter this crazy witch woman from coming over and bothering them with stories of toads and magical goblins. 

"Ahhh Yes... Yessss! I knew it... I knnnewww it!  Yessss!  From the moment you walked in, I knew it!  Yessss!"  The gypsy woman walked right up to their table and began rattling off with some crazy speak.  Ronin rolled his eyes, hoping they would've been able to avoid this.  "Damnit..." he teethed, grinding his teeth together in annoyance.  "Yesss! Yessss!  You have the look, you can find the beast!  Yessss!  The beast that will help you, the beast that you will help!  Together, you will make a powerful team!  Yessss!" 

Jambi was bewildered!! "Do you hear that honey!!! We can find the beast and it will help us! Can you believe it?!" Jambi directed towards Rae ignoring his warnings. "I know mrs!! Me and Rae are the best team! The beast? How can we find the beast? Rae, you'll join me won't you Rae? We will do it together! It will be our first mission in our new world!! Please tell me more mam!!" Jambi was now practically standing up in the booth. "Ahhh yess, you, dear child, you! The task is not easy but you, dear one, you can tame the beast. You must go out into the woods. Bring some food, feed it to the beast. Yesss you, find the beast, tame the beast, it is your destiny, the beast and you will aid each other. Go quickly.. and remember always stick together you two... Good luck" and with that the gypsy slipped away and out the door. Jambi was speechless. She looked at her husband with begging eyes.

The smoker didn't know what to make of everything the wild eyed gypsy woman had just said.  For all he was concerned, the woman was just completely batshit crazy.  He sighed, looking to his wife and seeing that unmistakable look in her eyes.  There was no denying it or even trying to argue; they were going to go find this beast thing... or whatever the hell... 

It was the same back in the real world.  Every time she had that look in her eye, Ronin just couldn't resist.  She was so damn cute and he just couldn't say no to her.  Plus, it usually ended up being a really fuckin' fun time anyway, so he had grown more and more inclined to saying yes whenever she got these wild little hairs up her ass.  "Allllriiiight..." he agreed, already climbing up outta' the booth and heading to the counter to purchase some drinks for them, as well as some common food item for this beast they were supposedly going to encounter. 

Once he had paid for everything and reluctantly watched his Col decrease, he stepped back outside, knowing the girl in the strange and oversized clothing wouldn't miss a beat.  "Alright then... where do we go to find this... beast of yours?" he asked, extending his hand toward her and offering a diet cola he had purchased just for her.

"Gee thanks!!!! You know me so well Rae!" She gave her husband a big teethy smile as she grabbed the soda from her him. She couldn't wait to take him to meet Twist. They could spend a whole afternoon laying in the grass together and talking about anything and everything. Taking the soda from his hand was the closest they had been since they ran into each other; but this was no time to cuddle up. "This way, hurry!" Jambi announced as she was taking off down the street with her big green overcoat flapping in the wind behind her.

Jambi stopped at the edge of the woods admiring all of the virtual nature. "Amazing!" She had spent most of her days in Aincrad exploring around but she had never actually gone into the woods before. She often casually walked along side of the tree line and wondered about what lie in the deeper. "Today feels right! Let's go!" Jambi cried taking her first steps into the forest.

"[censored] alright... lead the way... I'm right behind you..." he assured, watching Jambi as she practically skipped and heel clicked her way into the woods.  The swordsman had to keep a little pip in his step just to keep up with her and he wondered if she ever got tired?  From the looks of it, he didn't think so and he imagined that at some point, she would truly leave him behind while he was trying to catch his breath. 

"Speaking of which..." he thought aloud, fingering another cigarette from his pack and sparking it up.  He pursued Jambi into the woods, marveling over the massive trees, the thick foliage and the sun rays that seemed to beam down through the upper canopy.  It was so damn real and he shook his head in disbelief.  "So... where do you think we'll find this bea..." he stopped suddenly, spotting something off to his right.  Freezing in place, he held his breath, the smoke from his cigarette spiraling and dancing up through the air.   Was it the beast they had been looking for?

Slowly, he moved his hand into his pocket, pulling out the food he had purchased from the store earlier and tossing it onto the ground.   To his amazement, the creature seemed to smell it instantly and poked its head out from behind the tree.  It sniffed the air, before slowly moving in and beginning to eat at the food.  Ronin's eyes widened as he licked his lips, preparing himself.  As slowly and carefully as he could, he crouched down and moved his hand toward the little... whatever it was.  Holy [censored]... this is insane, he thought as the creature sniffed his hand and gave his finger a lick and then a nuzzle.  He looked toward Jambi, wondering if she was seeing all this?

ID# 54875 results:

Loot: 17 +2 LD (+1 Search & Detect Skill, +1 Treasure Hunting Gear) = 19 [19+] Success! You have tamed a familiar. This familiar must be smaller than a large dog and adds a buff like an Uncommon Item. Must be approved by a GM.

Edited by Ronin

Jambi pranced into the forest ahead of her partner. She made her way a good couple yards in before her senses overloaded and paralyzed her. She stood with her mouth gaping open. Possibly some drool seeping out of the corners of her lips. She fought hard not to blink at first, wanting to take everything in. She could hear the sounds of the leaves rustling in the breeze and the gentle flow of a nearby creek. She could taste the freshness of the air, air that seemed to have never been inhaled by anyone before. She could smell the pine and the richness of nutrients in the soil. She took off her shoes and began to wiggle her feet around in the dirt and over tree roots and fallen leaves. Jambi then closed her eyes and allowed her other senses to paint the picture for her.
A few moments later, she heard footsteps approaching behind. "My Rae of sunshine." Jambi breathed as she began to find her way back to her husband. She danced through the trees with her eyes still shut, surprised at how easy it was. She heard her husbands footsteps come to a stop so she stopped too and opened her eyes. Jambi could see Rae only a few feet away and in his hand the food item he had purchased earlier. Jambi did her best not to freak out knowing this had meant Rae spotted the beast. She knelt down quietly and scanned the area. It took her a second to see but sure enough, some sort of animal, smaller than a dog, had started to crawl over to Rae. This was a magical moment for Jambi. She had never felt more love towards Rae as she did in this present moment.

Still kneeling, an overwhelming sensation came to Jambi to close her eyes once more and lay her hand gently upon the ground next to her and call out, "Japhy."

Edited by Jambi

Ronin had thought himself to be quite the creature tamer, as he remained motionless, holding his crouched position and allowing the animal that had emerged to eat the food he had brought along.  It had given his hand a lick and sniffed at him briefly before going back to eating and seeming to warm right up to Ronin's company.  The swordsman smirked slightly, as he peeked to his left and saw his uniquely dressed wife almost dancing her way through the forest, before finally making her way toward them.  When she knelt, the swordsman noticed the creature stopped eating for a moment and seemed to notice Jambi as well. 

"Meow," it voiced, causing Ronin to arch his brow in wonder.  While he hadn't been sure what sort of creature it was exactly, now that he took a closer look at it, he decided it kinda looked like a kitty cat with wings.  It was mostly white, but had some brown speckles and spots decorating its fur and giving it added character.  The blacksmith followed the cat creature's gaze and noticed it was looking straight over at Jambi now, and no longer paying him, nor the food any mind.  It sniffed at the air again, before beginning to slink its way strategically over toward the wild woman.

"Well [censored]... wouldja' look at that..." breathed the swordsman, smiling softly as he watched the animal head right over to his wife.

Jambi waited with her hand outstretched and eyes still closed. She wasn't sure what had overcome her, maybe the old gypsy had placed a spell on her or Jambi just had an innate beast taming skill she never knew about, but she felt that she was one with this creature. 'Japhy' had spilled from her mouth and it seemed to be this winged cats name. The animal let out a "Meow" and Jambi opened her eyes. The creature was strolling right up to her. Jambi remained still as the kitty began to sniff her fingers and stroll around Jambi's arm, eventually crawling up and finding a spot on Jambi's shoulders. "There there Japhy, you can rest here." Jambi said as she gave the kitty a little pet. The kitty began to purr herself to sleep. Jambi looked over at her husband with so much joy in her eyes she hoped he could feel it too.

"Looks like you made a new friend..." said Ronin with a slight chuckle in his voice.  He felt a tinge of resentment and jealousy toward his wife, seeing as how the animal had come to him first, but had apparently found a much better match now.  He sighed and let it go, knowing it was better this way anyhow.  What the hell was he going to do with a  little winged cat running around?  He didn't have any Col to feed himself really, let alone some flying feline.  He laughed at the thought of the cat hanging out in his smithing shop, meowing at all the customers that came in.  Yeah, this was a much better set up.  He smirked as he looked upon his wife and her new sidekick.  "Jambi and Japhy aye?  ...Well if you two ain't just the cutest thing..." he admitted, before turning his sights toward the direction they had come from.  "...Now whaddaya' say we get the hell outta' this forest and head back to town.  I'll show you my shop, if you like..."

Jambi rose to her feet with her new friend laying across her shoulders. "Maybe one day we can find a beast that imprints to you honey!" She was so in love with everything at this moment. Yeah this virtual game was a little fuckd up but at this point in time she felt so rich. Her husband was here, the forest was wonderful, and too top it off, she made a new friend. She didn't know how long Japhy would hang out with her but she hoped it would be for awhile. 

"You're shop?! Yes we'd love to see it! I'll follow you!" She replied to Rae. Usually Jambi ran off ahead of Ronin everywhere out of excitement but she had a hitchhiker on her shoulders who was now fast asleep. Japhy looked so sweet and she didn't want to disturb her rest. "Let's get out of here my Rae of sunshine."