[SP-03] In Search of Proper Attire <<Worn Out Welcome>>

Teleporting to Floor 3, Ourian recognizes the medieval theme of the town right away.

"Yep... this is the place..." Ourian said grimly, remembering his last encounter with the 3rd floor. His first venture on this floor was not pleasant and could still remember the two fairies he had slain. Though it was a while ago, he still remembered... Shrugging his shoulders of his past encounters, Ourian begins his search for the armor shop that issues the quest that he seeks. If he was to survive until the end, he needed armor... A better sword can wait and so could a familiar.

After wandering around town for about an hour, he finally finds the small armor shop behind the tavern. Walking inside, Ourian hears a little bell chime as he opens the door.

"Hello? I was told that this shop will craft armor for those who bring materials. Is this true?" Ourian asks as he approaches the counter.

Edited by Ourian
Updated to meet new Word limit requirements

When no reply came, Ourian took to looking around the store. The first thing he sees is a rack with three coats. One was hooded and black in color. The one in the middle was a dark blue with white fur lining the collar and cuffs of the sleeves. The third was a deep red color with a single sleeve missing, black lines striped the sides of the coat. It also had a hood. Turning to the display case nearby, Ourian notices some gauntlets and hand-wraps, along with helmets and caps. 

"Pretty decent variety of items..." Ourian muttered to himself as he continued to gaze around the shop. Eventually, he heard footsteps coming from  behind a door that was closed behind the counter. A few seconds later, out came an older gentleman, muscular and rough in stature.

"Whaddya want, boy?" The old man asked, scratching his side as he stared at Ourian with a serious gaze.

Edited by Ourian

Slightly taken aback by the surly nature of the man, Ourian clasps his hands behind his back and bows to him.

"My name is Ourian. I was informed that this was the place to go to in order to acquire decent leather armor. Am I correct in assuming this?" Ourian asked politely, not wanting to aggravate the man. Surprisingly, the man nodded in return to his bow.

"Fancy talk will get ya nowhere, boy. Speak normal." The man said roughly, crossing his arms and eyeing up Ourian from head to toe. "Aye, this is the place. Th' name's Griswold." He informed as he continued to size Ourian up. Backing away slightly, he puts a hand to his scruffy chin, his facial expression one of concern. "Ya dun look like much, lad... Ya sure yer up to fightin' in Aincrad? I dun craft fer weaklings... an' I would need ya to bring me materials..."

"Honey! That's no way to talk to a customer! Honestly, being nice every once in a while won't hurt..." Said a woman's voice from the stairs behind the counter. Griswold just rolled his eyes.

"Hanna, th' boy be nothin' but bone!" Griswold argued, gesturing to Ourian, who just stood there with his hands clasped behind him, standing there patiently. 

"That is still no way to treat a customer!" She scolded as she walked past him and over to Ourian. "Please forgive my husband, he's a bit rough around the edges, but he's truly a softy at heart." 

"Bah." Griswold sighed as he returned behind the counter, locking up the door he came from and then returning to the counter, waiting patiently.

"Oh trust me, no offense taken. I know my appearance can be deceiving." Ourian replied as he greeted Hanna in return. "My name is Ourian, and I require your services in order to make a new leather coat." 

"Deceiving?! Pfft! Ya look like ya could be swept away by th' wind!" Griswold spat as he pulled out a sheet of paper and a quill. Hanna shot him a dirty look.

"And you look like you ate a whale, now behave!" She snapped back, making Ourian chuckle a bit as he watched Griswold quiet down while rolling his eyes.

"Anyway... we'll see if ya got what it takes, boy."

"I'll prove it to you by getting the materials." Ourian retorted with a smirk.

"What is it ya be wantin'?" Griswold asked, quill and paper at the ready. Ourian walks up to the counter to face Griswold, Hanna taking a spot right beside Griswold.

"I'm looking to make a leather overcoat like this one, only sleeveless. I want to keep the black, but I also want a light blue stripe going up the left and right sides and along the shoulders of the coat and up the collar. Also, it needs to be light. I want to be able to move fast with it." Ourian listed off, hoping that it wouldn't be too much to ask for. Griswold, however, didn't seem phased by it at all and started writing out a list of what appeared to be materials on the paper. Soon after, he turned to Hanna and nodded in Ourian's direction.

"Do th' thing, Hanna." He commanded, walking around the counter and handing Ourian the paper. As he did so, Hanna grabbed some measuring tape and started taking Ourian's measurements. "This is th' list of materials I need ta make yer coat. Th' color scheme will have ya searching for extra materials, though, as well as the lightweight part. Ya sure yer up ta this?" He asked, concerned once again.

Looking at the paper that Griswold had given him, Ourian was actually surprised about how many materials he was gonna need.

Spoiler

Tulip x1 (For color)
Ebony Rose x2 (For color)
Fairy Powder x1 (Speed Material)
Elvish Leather x1 (Base Material)

Looking up to Griswold, he was about to ask where to get the materials, but it would seem that his mind had been read.

"Yer gonna find th' Tulip amidst the dandelions around th' border of town. Th' roses yer gonna find growin' along the trees in th' Forest of Waverin' Mists. Fairy Powder, self explanatory... Kill a fairy or two an' ya should find some. Th' Elvish Leather, however... That's gonna be th' biggest pain in th' ass... Ya gotta kill a Dark Elf in th' Forest of Waverin' Mists. Be careful with those..." The blacksmith explained grimly as he walked away. "Bring all that back, an' we'll make yer armor. Don't get killed..." 

"I'll bring them to you as fast as I can." Ourian replied, preparing to leave when Hanna tugged at his arm.

"Please be careful..." She pleaded. Ourian looked into her eyes and saw despair. He now knew that this quest was not one to be taken lightly. "I know my husband is a bit rough, but I promise he truly worries for you. We've had others come in here in search of armor... few have come back... The Dark Elves are notorious for their speed and stamina."

"I know... I have a knack for reading others' emotions through body language. Thank you for the information. I will return." Ourian promised as he walked outside.

Drop Rates

Spoiler

Tulip: (LD 12+)
Ebony Rose: (LD 14+)
Fairy Powder: (LD 13+, kill Fairy)
Elvish Leather: (LD 12+ Kill Dark Elf)

Taking his leave of the shop, Ourian figured he would go after the things that were closest to him first and deal with the fairies and Dark Elves later.

"Well... first thing on the list will be the Tulip... Then I guess I'll tackle the Fairies after that..." Ourian said to himself as he walked to the outskirts of the town in search of the first item on his list. It wasn't long before he found the dandelions.

Spoiler

ID# 73848 results:

Battle: 7

Craft: 7

Loot: 9 (failed search)

MOB: 2

As he searched the fields of seemingly endless dandelions, Ourian sadly could not find even the tiniest spec of blue. Shaking his head in disappointment, he walks further down in the hopes of finding a tulip. As he continued to walk alongside dandelions, he continued to keep a sharp eye for even the slightest hints of what he was questing for. After a couple more minutes of searching, he sighed and crossed his arms as he kept his pace along the yellow garden.

"Well, it wouldn't be a quest if it were that easy."

Edited by Ourian
Updated to meet new Word limit requirements

Walking further along the perimeter of the town, Ourian kept his eyes focused and trained to spot any source of blue he could find, which only proved difficult as time passed since the bright yellow of the dandelions began to play tricks on him every time the wind swept through them and made shadowy gaps between them. Although Ourian had the determination to keep looking, his patience was not very good.

Spoiler

ID# 73950 results:

Battle: 5

Craft: 2

Loot: 15 (Tulip found)

MOB: 10

Suddenly, a spec of blue caught Ourian's attention out of the corner of his eye as the breeze made the flowers sway. Stopping dead in his tracks, he stood there, staring where he had seen the blue spec and waited for the wind to blow once more. Once it did, it revealed the blue petals of the tulip he was looking for. Excited, he rushes over and kneels down to it.

"Found you." Ourian sighed as he picked it up and admired the flower for a brief moment. He was surprised to find a blue tulip, honestly, since their natural color is said to be a red or pink color. He had heard of blue tulips before, but had never seen one up close. 

It truly is beautiful... He thought as he put it into his inventory and walked away from the flowers to work on the next part of his list.

Edited by Ourian

Walking out towards the prairies, Ourian looked over his list and found that the Tulip had crossed itself off. Examining the paper, he found a little circle in the bottom right that looked like one of the icons from the menu. Pressing it, he noticed the quest objectives pop up within his field of vision. Large enough to where he could still see it, but small enough that it wasn't a hindrance. 

"Huh... Neat." Ourian muttered as he made his way to the next location, looking for some fairies to fight. Eventually, he sees something that makes his heart sink: The memorial he made all that time ago to the two fairies he defeated. 

I can't believe it's still here... He thought as he approached it, kneeling down and paying his respects. As he got back to his feet, he felt something whiz past him quickly. Turning around, he saw a fairy with a bow and arrow pointed straight at him. 

"Well, that didn't take long." He said grimly, unsheathing his sword and preparing for a fight.

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

ID# 74678 results:

Battle: 7 (Hit)

Loot: 15

MOB: 6-1 (Miss)

Wasting no time, Ourian darted forward in an attempt to catch the fairy off guard. As he approached, the fairy let loose another arrow, which Ourian managed to dodge at the last second, but not without it tearing a hole in his coat. Leaping forward, Ourian swings his blade from behind him and slashes the fairy in the arm, causing it to gasp in pain and back away to rethink its approach to its foe. Ourian, however, turned around and smirked.

"You're not gonna run, are you? Make this interesting..." Ourian taunted deviously as he twirled the blade in his hand before assuming his stance with his sword's tip aimed right at the fairy. He eyed it carefully. He knew that this was not something he wanted to deal with for too long, for he was sure there were more in the area and he didn't feel like getting swarmed. He had to end this fast.

Spoiler

Ourian
HP: 80/80
Energy: 7/8 (-1)
Damage: 2
Mitigation: 3
Evasion: +1

Fairy Archer
HP: 4/6 (-2)
Damage: 5
Ammunition: 9/10

Edited by Ourian

ID# 74679 results:

Battle: 10 (True Critical)

Craft: 1

Loot: 1

MOB: 1 (Fail)

Without hesitation, Ourian sprints into action once again, closing the gap between himself and the fairy with ease and swiftness, taking the fairy by surprise.

"Boo!" Ourian spat as he slashed the fairy in half with his sword in an upward arc, sheathing his sword as he finished the attack and heard the tell-tale sound of the foe shattering behind him. Smirking, Ourian turns around to check if what he needed dropped.

ID# 74680 results:

Battle: 6

Craft: 9

Loot: 7 (Item did not drop. LD requirement decreased to 12+)

MOB: 10

"Sonova-" Ourian swore, kicking up the dirt a bit in frustration as he walked away in search of another target. Damn it... today is gonna be another one of those days... isn't it... He thought, looking every inch of the fields for another fairy to go after in an attempt to get the powder he needed. As he pondered the fields, he kept looking to the Tulip he found earlier in his inventory, which reminded him of someone from the real world that he missed dearly and, in a way, wished were here with him... 

Sierra... I wonder how you're doing?

Edited by Ourian

It didn't take him long to find another fairy as he continued to walk around the prairies. Fluttering along, its wings moving as fast as a hummingbird's, it darted around playfully and cheerfully. As Ourian began to draw his blade, he almost felt bad for what he was about to do...

Focus, Ourian... we have a job to do... Ourian thought, shaking his head of any thought of sparing the fairy and prepared to strike, his sword drawn and his posture perfect for rushing in and performing a surprise attack. He just hid in the tall grass waiting for it to come a little closer... a few minutes seemed like hours as he continued to watch it play  in the air... Impatience was growing in the swordsman as he continued to wait for it to come closer so he had an easier shot at it...

Come on... just a little more... He thought, his grip tightening on the hilt of his sword... 

Edited by Ourian

Turn 1

Spoiler

ID# 75044 results:

Battle: 2 (Miss)

Loot: 13

MOB: 9 (Critical)

The fairy continued to weave and bob in the air just out of his reach. Frustration overcoming him, Ourian rushes towards the fairy and engages it in combat. Leaping up from his sprint, Ourian pulls the sword from its sheath and swings up and to the left, but misses his mark as he lands in the grass. Before he could recover, the fairy rushes down and slashes at his shoulder with a dagger, cutting deep as its speed allowed it to react faster than Ourian.

"You little-!" Ourian raged as he swung wildly behind him in an attempt to cut the fairy as it flew past him, however it was already out of his reach and laughing at him. Taking a deep breath, Ourian manages to calm himself and take his stance, the tip of his blade pointing straight at the fairy and his left hand along the side of the blade as if guiding it towards its target. 

Gotta keep calm... wait for an opportune moment to strike... Ourian thought to himself as he watched the fairy closely.

Spoiler

Ourian
HP: 80/80 --(-5)--> 75/80
Energy: 8/8 --(-2)--> 6/8

Fairy Swordsman
HP: 15/15
Damage: 7

Battle Log
Turn 1 > Fairy Swordsman deals 4 damage upon successful Critical

Edited by Ourian

Turn 2

Spoiler

ID# 75225 results:

Battle: 10 (Total Critical)

Craft: 5

Loot: 17

MOB: 6-1 (Miss)

Paying close attention to the fairy and watching its every move for a sign to strike, Ourian awaited even the slightest falter in the fairy's defenses so he could strike. Finally, the fairy rushed in and attempted to stab Ourian in the shoulder, which Ourian was prepared for and sidestepped at the last second to avoid being hit. As the fairy flew past him, Ourian activated his sword art and began his assault.

"Snake Bite!" He shouted as his sword glowed green and stabbed the fairy in the back, twisting around and pulling the sword out of his target as he spun around to perform a horizontal slash, then quickly reversed his slash by planting his right foot firm on the ground to halt his momentum and swung up and to the left with his sword to deliver the last hit of the three-hit sword art before his blade stopped glowing. As the last hit sent the fairy flying, Ourian kept his eyes trained on it and resumed his stance, ready for another attack.

Spoiler

Ourian
HP: 75/80
Energy: 8/8 --(-3)--> 5/8

Fairy Swordsman
HP: 15/15 --(-12)--> 3/15

Battle Log
Turn 2 > Ourian deals (2+2)*3 damage to Fairy Swordsman upon successful Sword Art + Total Critical

Turn 3
(Battle Check)

Spoiler

ID# 75702 results:

Battle: 10 (Total Critical)

Loot: 5

MOB: 4-1 (Fail)

The fairy, now angered by its foe's sudden strength, rushed in for a reckless charge. As the fairy came in close, however, Ourian smiled as he sidestepped the fairy and brought the tip of his sword through the fairy's back, killing it instantly. Sheathing his sword, Ourian checks to see if he managed to get the material he needed from this battle.

(Advancement check: LD12+)

Spoiler

ID# 75705 results:

Battle: 4

Craft: 4

Loot: 9 (Failed. LD requirement reduced to 11+ for next encounter)

MOB: 3

"Damn it..." Ourian swore quietly as he discovered that he had failed, once again, to find the necessary material. Aggravated, Ourian walks away in the hopes of finding another fairy, and soon. He would prefer not to make this an all day quest and go back to get some rest before he looked around for a blacksmith to make him a new weapon, or a merchant to see if he could enhance Dark Steel beyond its current grade. 

"Honestly... I really would like to keep this... it's been good to me so far throughout my stay in Aincrad..." Ourian admitted as he drew Dark Steel from its sheath to admire its ebony black blade. He then remembered that it was actually on this floor that he actually acquired the sword, along with his gauntlet and coat, which made him smirk a little. Seems that a lot happens here on the third floor for me... Ourian thought as he sheathed his weapon before returning to his search.

(Battle Stats)

Spoiler

Ourian
HP: 75/80
Energy: 6/8 --(-1)--> 5/8

Fairy Swordsman
HP: 3/15 --(-4)--> 0/15

Battle Log
Turn 2 > Ourian deals (2+2)*3 damage to Fairy Swordsman upon successful Sword Art + Total Critical
Turn 3 > Ourian deals 2+2 damage to Fairy Swordsman upon successful Total Critical
     |----> Fairy Swordsman is now {Deceased}

Edited by Ourian

Traversing the edge of the woods, Ourian decided to try his luck at finding more targets that may drop the desired item he needed in order to progress. In all honesty, Ourian was starting to feel as if this was become more hassle than it was worth, but shook the thought from his mind as he ducked behind a tree, spotting two fairies flying about a little ways away. Steeling himself for a fight, Ourian knew that this one wouldn't be easy... After all, it was going to be a two on one fight... He had to focus on one and hit it hard, then take the other one out fast before it could dish out the pain as well.

Okay... what are we dealing with here... Ourian thought as he got a closer look at his targets. Both of them had bladed weapons, meaning they were going to attack at close range as well. Good, they will both be up close and personal... At least I won't have to bob and weave arrows...

Drawing his sword, Ourian took a deep breath and calmed himself, focusing on the task at hand. He waited patiently for them to both turn their backs so he could attempt a preemptive strike.

(HP: 75/80 --(+3)--> 78/80 / EN: 6/8 --(+1)--> 7/8)

Turn 1

(Battle Check)

Spoiler

ID# 75984 results:

Battle: 2 (Fail)

Craft: 11

Loot: 13 (Assist Successful)

MOB: 3 -1 (Fail)

After waiting several minutes, Ourian found that it was going to be difficult to get a surprise attack in with two of them present, so he prepared to rush them. With a deep breath, Ourian focused his sights on the closest fairy and darted forward, sword trailing behind him as he leaped and swung his sword forward in a horizontal slash. Missing by a decent margin, he regained his footing just in time to bring his blade up to block one of the fairies as they swung their blade in response to his sudden attack. Before he could attempt to strike again, the other fairy tried to slash him in the arm, which Ourian evaded swiftly by twisting his body to the left, bringing his sword up in the process in the hopes of landing a hit on it mid-evasion. His efforts failed, however, as the first fairy slammed its sword onto Ourian's, causing it to miss his target. seeing an opening for him to disengage, Ourian backed off and prepared to attack again.

Damn... this is going to be a right pain in my ass... One of these little bastards better drop the powder... He thought bitterly as he stared the fairies down. 

(Battle Stats)

Spoiler

Ourian
HP: 78/80
Energy: 7/8 --(-2)--> 5/8

Fairy Swordsman 1

Fairy Swordsman 2
Assist: LD11+

Battle Log
Turn 1 > ---

Edited by Ourian

Turn 2

(Battle Check)

Spoiler

ID# 75986 results:

Battle: 3 (Fail)

Craft: 11

Loot: 9 (Assist Failed)

MOB: 7 -1 (Success)

As Ourian attempted to devise a way to attack the fairies, he was surprised to see them both rush him. Swinging his sword, Ourian attempted to hit the first one, only to watch as it shifted to the left and flew past him, slashing his arm in the process. The other fairy just chuckled and flew away from Ourian. 

Damn them... a feint attack... Ourian thought bitterly as he regained his composure, grabbing his shoulder where he was slashed and waited for the pain to subside before refocusing on his targets. He was no match for them in terms of speed and he knew that... It was a matter of trying to outsmart them at this point, which was going to prove difficult when they had the advantage in numbers. 

Okay... They're going to have to charge me if they want to hit me... I should try to take advantage of that by standing my ground and letting them come to me... If I chase after them, it will prove futile as they will just fly away and attack me again... Ourian planned as he took his stance and awaited their next assault.

(Battle stats)

Spoiler

Ourian
HP: 78/80 --(-4)--> 74/80
Energy: 6/8 --(-2)--> 4/8

Fairy Swordsman 1

Fairy Swordsman 2

Battle Log
Turn 1 > ---
Turn 2 > Fairy Swordsman 1 deals 7-3 damage to Ourian

Edited by Ourian

Turn 3

(Battle Check)

Spoiler

ID# 75987 results:

Battle: 5 (Fail)

Craft: 10

Loot: 11

MOB: 1 (Fail)

As Ourian predicted, the fairies charged at him once again, only this time it was together with both of their blades trained on him, indicating a tag team attack. Thinking quickly, Ourian raises his blade up and deflects both of them with a quick spin of his sword, causing them to bounce off the flat of the blade. In response to their attack, Ourian steps forward and attempts to slash one of them while they were unable to retaliate, but failed as he slipped up in the grass, causing his swing to miss by mere inches.

"Damn it..." He swore as he watched the fairies start to circle him, their swords trained on him as they watched his every move. Ourian stood his ground, his sword at his side and his left hand raised slightly in front of him at the ready to grab the hilt of his sword for a two-handed strike if needed.

This is getting annoying... If I could just hit one of them... He thought as he continued to watch them circle him. He could feel their bloodlust in their glares. They truly were out to kill him... Looking to the one on his right, however, he noticed that it seemed to be favoring its left side a little, indicating a slight injury. 

Must've been from when I deflected the attack just now... Maybe it hurt itself when it bounced off my blade... He thought, keeping a closer eye on that fairy than the other.

(Battle Stats)

Spoiler

Ourian
HP: 74/80
Energy: 5/8 --(-2)--> 3/8

Fairy Swordsman 1

Fairy Swordsman 2

Battle Log
Turn 1 > ---
Turn 2 > Fairy Swordsman 1 deals 7-3 damage to Ourian
Turn 3 > ---

Turn 4

(Battle Check)

Spoiler

ID# 75989 results:

Battle: 5 (Fail)

Loot: 20 (Assist Successful)

MOB: 7 -1 (Success)

Ourian continued to stare the fairies down as they circled him, ready to attack at any given moment. In an attempt to stir the fairies into action, Ourian shifted his foot slightly. As expected, the fairies rushed him instantly and Ourian swung at the fairy that seemed injured. To his dismay, however, it ducked his swing with ease and returned in kind with its own slash to his ribs. Backing up a few steps, he clutched his side. Unable to react, the second fairy charged in and struck Ourian in his sword arm, leaving a decent cut on his forearm. 

Damn them... It pretended to be hurt to get me to lower my guard! He thought angrily as he re-positioned himself with his back to a nearby tree before they could start circling him again. He was starting to get a little worried now... If this fight was to continue in this direction, he could find himself in a pretty rough situation. He had to take at least one of them down and soon, or else he had no chance of survival...

(Battle Stats)

Spoiler

Ourian
HP: 74/80 --(-8)--> 66/80
Energy: 4/8 --(-2)--> 2/8

Fairy Swordsman 1

Fairy Swordsman 2