[SP-F1] (Quest) <<The First Few Lessons Are Free>>

Upon entering the game, many thoughts enter Deedz mind. Look at the beauty of this place, am I actually in this world? Woah, how am I moving my body, this is so crazy. Stunned by the majesty of the craftmanship behind SAO, Deedz fails to notice that everyone is gathered in the main plaza, and that a large figure looms above them.

The normal story progresses.

"What does he mean, we can't leave," Deedz thinks, "we're going to die?" 

"I guess the only way is forward now"

Deedz takes a few moments to gather his mind. Around him, everyone is panicking, only few people are able to keep a straight mind. Deedz notices several groups of people heading outside the city gates into the fields, he ponders following them, but then he notices several crowds of people surrounding a post board. He heads in that direction.

Upon reaching the board, the first thing he sees is the words: <<The First Few Lessons Are Free>>

"Oh, I see" Deedz proclaims "it's a quest board, it says to go see Zakariah."

Deedz heads down the main road, until it branches into an alleyway. Just upon entering this alley, Deedz sees a sign saying "Zakariah's Potion Shop". He head's inside.

"Oh, a newcomer I see", says Zakariah, a fairly old NPC, "would you care to help me gather materials for my shop?"

"Wait, are you real old man?" spouts Deedz.

Zakariah is silent with no response. Instead he says "you must have seen my advertisement on the post board just down the road."

"Why yes, I take it you're a quest NPC?" questions Deedz.

Deedz still has yet to understand that this is a living, breathing world, where yes, there are NPCs, but they act as normal people. It's the most immersive game ever designed, with rarely any flaw. Deedz takes a breath and says to the man "what do you need old man."

"Well, it would be real nice if you could go out into the field and gather up Five Crafting Materials for me." replies Zakariah.

"Seems easy enough, I'll be back here in no time." Deedz says as he walks out the door.

Upon opening the door, dozens of players push their way past Deedz, rushing to start the quest. I guess I beat the rush, geez. He heads back to the town center to find a map. The travel takes far longer as he now has to beat the river of people pushing against him. When he arrives, he notices that only a couple hundred players are left in the town square, trying to decide what they should do, wait out the rush, join with them, or just refuse to play. He walks up to the map and notices that the town hugs the outside of the circular floor, but is surrounded by grassland galore. Deedz thinks to himself, this'll be even easier than I thought. He heads back down the main path, approaching one of the city's main gates. The doors are still open as the thousands of players rush outside. Hundreds of encounters happen around Deedz as he walks out into the grassy plains. He begins his search where he stands.

ID# 86280 results: Loot: 19

Deedz crouches to the ground, pushing the leaves aside to find 1 Quest Material.

Edited by Deedz

Yes, I found one, I knew my instincts would guide me. Deedz looks around and sees that others aren't having as much luck. He decides to just keep moving, if he wants to complete this quest, he needs to just keep at it. The sounds of swords and axes fill the air, clouding Deedz mind. All around him, Deedz hears the squeals of dying boars. He pushes the thoughts away, he needs to keep his mind focused. Deedz keeps walking until he finds another suitable spot.

ID# 86281 results: Loot: 8

He crouches down and looks around, huh, I could've sworn this would be a good spot to look. He finds nothing. I guess someone else already looked here. Determined to finish the quest, Deedz pushes on. The sounds of fighting and despair continue to surround Deedz, his mind wanders.

Edited by Deedz

Continuing his search, Deedz walks further and further from the Town of Beginnings. He looks back, I'm so far away, but the city still looks so large, look at the size of those walls. As Deedz keeps walking, he approaches a large ammount of trees, his mind immediately recognizes this would be the best place to look for materials. He starts walking towards the forest region, he notices that few people have followed him out this far. I wonder why no one has gone out this far. It seems they want to stay back near the main city. Soon enough, Deedz makes it to the edge of the trees, he decides to take a moment and search for any materials.

ID# 86283 results: Loot: 20

Deedz searches the trees and the bushes, and as soon as he does, he finds 1 Quest Material. Standing up, Deedz hears a low growl, a Dire Wolf jumps out of the trees at him, combat begins.

Edited by Deedz

Deedz Health: 20/20 Attack: 1

Dire Wolf Health: 10/10 Attack: 3

The Dire Wolf has the advantage of stealth and lunges at Deedz.

ID# 86284 results: MOB: 9

Deedz guard is down, and the wolf hits him right where it hurts. Critical Success 4 DAM, 16 health remains.

Deedz unsheathes his sword. I didn't think I was going to have to fight anything this early. 

ID# 86285 results: Battle: 5

He swings at the wolf, unprepared in mind and body, his strike misses.

Edited by Deedz

Passive Ability Battle Healing regenerates 5 health

The wolf strikes back, wanting more blood.

ID# 86287 results:  MOB: 9

It sinks it's claws into Deedz, dealing another Critical 4 DAM.

ID# 86288 results: Battle: 2

Deedz tries to raise his sword, but struggles as the wolf still holds him. How am I supposed to stay alive in this game if I can't even fight a level 1 enemy?

Edited by Deedz

ID# 86289 results: MOB: 8

The wolf releases it's grasp, but strikes at Deedz with it's claws. 3 DAM dealt, Deedz remaining health: 17

ID# 86290 results: Battle: 7

Realizing he has to fight the wolf, Deedz gathers up his strength and swings his sword at the wolf, he notices as it's health bar slowly goes down. 1 DAM dealt, wolf remaining health: 9

Edited by Deedz

ID# 86291 results: MOB: 2

The wolf wimpers and tries to chomp at Deedz, but pulls short of his body.

ID# 86292 results: Battle: 8

Deedz swings again, satisfied as he hits the wolf again. His confidence boosts. 1 DAM dealt, wolf remaining health: 8

Edited by Deedz

ID# 86293 results: MOB: 7

As Deedz starts smiling and laughing at his recent successes, the wolf strikes again. 3 DAM dealt, Deedz remaining health: 17

ID# 86294 results: Battle: 8

This doesn't stop Deedz, he preps his sword, and chops it down onto the wolf's head, once more the health bar lowers. 1 DAM dealt, wolf remaining health: 7

Edited by Deedz

ID# 86295 results: MOB: 7

And so the game of back and forth begins, Deedz hasn't learned to dodge, but he's learned to strike, the wolf bites Deedz leg. 3 DAM dealt, Deedz remaining health: 17

ID# 86296 results: Battle: 2

Deedz winces as the wolf's fangs dig deep into his digital skin, he tries to hack at the wolf, but he hits it with the side of his sword.

Edited by Deedz

ID# 86297 results: MOB: 9

The wolf does not release it's grasp of Deedz, but instead bites in harder and drags him down to the ground. 4 DAM dealt, Deedz remaining health: 16

ID# 86298 results: Battle: 8

After hitting his head on the ground, Deedz stabs at the wolf with his sword, the wolf backs away after taking 1 DAM, wolf remaining health: 6. Deedz takes the time to stand back up and ready his sword.

Edited by Deedz

ID# 86299 results: MOB: 1

The wolf tries to charge at Deedz, but has a hard time seeing with a stab mark near it's eye. It's balance is thrown off and it charges into the nearest tree dealing itself 1 DAM, wolf remaining health: 5

ID# 86300 results: Battle: 5

Deedz can't help but laugh and fails to attack before the wolf attacks again.

Edited by Deedz

ID# 86303 results: MOB: 5

Luckily, the wolf is still in a daze, when it lunges at Deedz, he gracefully sidesteps the wolf's jaws.

ID# 86304 results: Battle: 2

Quickly, Deedz grabs his sword and swings it down upon the wolf, but it keeps running and Deedz attack misses.

Edited by Deedz

ID# 86305 results: MOB: 9

The wolf darts around to the side, it's fangs bared and ready for action, it jumps and catches Deedz by the arm, tumbling him down to the ground. 4 DAM dealt, Deedz remaining health: 16

ID# 86306 results: Battle: 10

Deedz grabs the wolf, and charges into the nearest tree. BAM, the wolf shrieks in pain, he takes his sword and stabs it through the belly. 3 DAM dealt, wolf remaining health: 2

Edited by Deedz

ID# 86307 results: MOB: 3

The wolf tries to get up, but it struggles, Deedz readies his sword.

ID# 86308 results: Battle: 9

Deedz casts his sword down upon the wolf, he sees the bar deplete the rest of the way. The wolf dissipates into data before him. 2 DAM dealt, wolf defeated. 

Wow, what a rush, I can't believe I won, that was a wolf.

ID# 86309 results:

Craft: 1

Loot: 8

30+20 col appears at the site of the wolf's death

Edited by Deedz

Exhausted by the battle, Deedz lays at the tree where the wolf perished. His thoughts drift across many paths. Is that how it's like to fight a real wolf. Could I have died there. Man, that was awesome. I wonder if I'm the first person to fight a wolf. Who knew this forest was going to be so dangerous, maybe that's why no one came all the way up here, or maybe they were just lazy. Deedz closes his eyes, but does not fall asleep. He listens to the sounds of the world, the birds, the wind, the chatter of different creatures all around him. This feels like home. 

Deedz gets up, he decides it's time to continue on the quest. He continues searching until it appears he might have found something.

ID# 86310 results: Loot: 3

Alas, it was but a twig.

Edited by Deedz

Deedz decides he might as well take a look around the forest. The details in it's construction really caught his eyes. Look at the leaves, the way the branches sway in the breeze. Is there really a breeze, or is it just programmed to sway like that. This is so strange, it looks so real, but it can't be. I don't know what to think. The more Deedz looked into the game, the more he got confused. He continues into the forest, until the trees fully surround him. He starts to see the simplicity of the design as well. He starts to notice that there are only a couple dozen designs of trees, or maybe more somewhere else, but he notices the pattern, he's reminded that this is all a man made creation. With his mind gathered and his thoughts about him, Deedz sees something glinting in the ground.

ID# 86347 results: Loot: 2

It appears to only be a shiny rock.

Edited by Deedz