<F4-SP> Braveheart

Eatos stood at Frostbite like upon the 4th floor. Angel, her Husky protector, stood at her side loyally as he did, and in her hands, two blades. In her left, a curved sword, 'Divines Sword', to her, a symbol of who she wanted to become to the people who now depended on her. In her right hand however, was what she wanted to find a solution to. Celestial Sword, the Katana was a two-handed blade, and to the girl, a symbol. A symbol of who she needed to become in order to do her job, as Guardian of the New Dawn, it was on her to keep players alive and normally, it was just her ability to heal that made her able. But what if, she could do more than just that. She could fight, for those who were weaker than her, she would no longer be standing on the backline all the time. She placed her Curved Blade away, holding the Katana with both hands and letting out a deep breath, the icey air making her breath clear. She had a guild to depend, friends that were relying on her. But for now, all she could do was heal....She had to be better, to save the lives of those she cared about! 

Edited by Eatos

The girl began her walk, it was a long one, to try and find some materials for her crafting. Admittantly, she was also lost in her own mind. She was thinking about the new weapons she had, and how she had a whole new mission ahead of her now. Her job to protect others, to ensure their survival through more than just healing. Was she even able to do it? She wasn't sure, all her fights had been on the back, healing whoever was at the front. Other then that, it was one scuffle with bats that didn't deal proper damage. Would she have to practice fighting on the front? At this point in time, it felt that way indeed. With her new weapon, and hopefully new equipment, her new blade would be a tool to save the lives of others, if she was strong enough. She just hoped she was, or else, well, she would die. And she was scared of death, even now, the idea of death terrified her beyond comprehension. 

She looked at Celestial Sword, her weapon. She wanted this blade to be hers, a symbol of her to others. But, to do that, she needed the Katana Skill. Otherwise, the blade wasn't worth having. Issue was, she didn't know how to get it. What was she missing?

As the girl continued her walk through the 4th floor of Sword Art Online, the wind started to pick up and the snow became heavier, but the girl preserved. It was only when she turned around did she realize that it was not just a storm, but a full blizzard! She couldn't see her footsteps and was lost! She looked at Angel, who barked once. She knew the dog wanted to find shelter, and she was starting to get cold. She looked around trying to find some sort of shelter, and thankfully, she eyed up a cave and moved as quickly as she could towards it. 

Stumling into the cave, the girl looked outside at the blizzard. How had she not noticed, they were common occurrences back home. She sat down and sighed. She knew she'd be stuck here for a little bit, at least until the storm died down. There was one saving grace from this, that being she had time to figure out what she was going to do about her blades. Namely, the Katana skill. 

"I wish i was stronger, i just want to protect my friend and those who are weak in the guild. If i had a Katana, maybe i'd have a way to ensure the others don't die in battle..." 

The snowstorm raged on outside the cave, so the girl instead turned around and looked inside. She had originally thought the cave to be just an alcove, but, well, she was wrong. She spotted what appeared to be a pathway deeper into the cave. Equipping her Curved Sword, Divines Sword, she began to explore. Ordinarily, she'd never of even thought about it. But, now, armed with a blade she could fight with, her fear was no longer there. She had Angel at her side, and a blade in her hand. She could fight most things on this floor, so there was little to fear.

However, what she encountered didn't make her fearful at all. Rather, just confused. Down the path was an man. She could only guess he was an NPC, and he looked injured. In fact, the NPC's Hp bar was in the red! Without a seconds thought, the girl ran forwards and used First Aid on him, bringing him back into the yellow zone. He looked up at her with tired eyes,he looked to be 40, although with NPC's, she couldn't really tell. 

"A-are you ok? What happened to you?" She asked. She knew, deep in her mind, that it was just that, an NPC. But in Sword Art Online, NPC's were so real she couldn't just pass them. 

"My student got me, l-left me here to die damn kid...He's fallen into darkness" 

Eatos took a deep breath, it seemed his wounds weren't getting any worse and his HP was stable, but she stayed by his side. "Is there anything i can do to help you..?" She asked, the NPC simply looked at her and nodded once. He had something, just, what?

"My student has fallen down the path of darkness, he wanted power. He did not have patience in him, and lashed out when he did not get what he wanted"

A tale as old as time itself, a student, power hungry, betrays their master in a bit to gain forbidden knowledge.  The girl knew what was expected of her before he said those words. "I need you to spare him, by killing him" 

The girl didn't react at first. She expected him to ask her to 'save' the student, not outright kill them. But, there was always the chance the master knew better, and perhaps he was right and the student was not worth saving? There was always the chance, sometimes there was the darkness within a person so deep rooted it was impossible for them to be redeemed. She, of all people, knew the reality of such a mentality. She knew of a single person who didn't deserve the chance of redemption, but that didn't mean there weren't others like him.

"I understand. I'll try save him if i can, but i promise nothing" The girl stood up and looked at the weapon in her hand, Divines Sword. She was given a direction, before turning and looking outside the cave. The blizzard was still there, but it was dying out slowly. She took a deep breath, before walking out into the snow, Angel by her side. Out to find this student. 

The walk through the dying blizzard was not as hard as she had expected, but her stop in the cave allowed the blacksmith to miss out on majority of the storm. She kept walking straight despite the storms efforts to get her lost, she had a mission. The NPC wasn't a friend by any means, but this was a two-part mission for Eatos. The first part was simple, this was a test to see if she was strong, and brave, enough to look death in the eyes. To fight her own battle without hiding behind someone else, and to be the one swinging the blade. She would be forced to put her own life on the line, for the sake of another. And the second, was a personal vendetta. She knew, personally, the evils of reality. How cold and evil people could be, and how there was sometimes no redemption, no mercy that can be given. She knew that personally. 

It wasn't hard to spot the temple as the storm died down, and the girl walked towards it, blade in hand. She would give this student one chance, but only one. After that, she would kill him. 

The girl walked to the top of the temple, examining the place as she walked into the main chamber. It was clear this was a warriors home, with all the pieces of armour and blades placed around the ways. Even though half of them were toppled over, they still stood as a reminder of what this place used to be, what it once stood for. She entered the main chamber, and the student wasn't hard to locate. Wearing garments of a traditional Samuria, they sat on a throne with a blade next to them. She knew that blade style, it was a Katana. The students face was coated in shadow. 

"So you come to challenge me?" the voice said calmly 

"Your master survived the wound you gave him, he asked me to pay you a visit" 

"So you've come to kill me?"

"Do you regret it?" 

"No"

Eatos let out a sigh, so it was to be death. The girl drew up her blade, and looked at the student. The NPC stood up, grinning on his beautiful face and walking towards her, Samuria Sword in hand. This was it, her first fight.

Eatos - 340/340 HP | 34 ENG | 3 EVA | 4 DMG | 2 REC | 1 THRN | 9 MIT

Failed Student - 40 HP | 12 DMG

Eatos knew the simple facts, this failed student would fight to the death. Thankfully, she was now finally prepared to fight in battle. No longer just a support, she had a blade, armour and Angel at her side. It was all she needed. She paced around the room, watching her opponent as he watched her. She tried to think about what Stryder would do, was there a way to see the attack coming if you could predict the enemy fighting style? She wasn't sure...

That's when the Failed Student sprinted forwards and took a swing at Eatos. The girl successfully saw it coming and dodged out of the way with a side-step, beaming at herself. While there was fear within her, she knew she had to fight. She could win this fight! She raised her blade and thrust it forwards, using one of her sword arts as she stabbed him through the chest hard, before pulling the blade out and taking a step backwards. She did it! She could win this fight! She..had to!

-----------

Eatos - 340/340 HP | 34/34 ENG | 3 EVA | 4 DMG | 2 REC | 1 THRN | 9 MIT

ID: 90579 <ENG restored by REC, CD: 7>

BD: 8. Sword Art: Rage Blow. 4(2)=8 Damage 

Failed Student - 32/40 HP | 12 DMG

ID: 90581

MD: 5(-3) <Miss>

Edited by Eatos

The blue-haired blacksmith paced around her target, the failed student. Part of her wondered what had driven him to quest for power, and more importantly, what was this power he desired so badly he would resort to murder? Was she overthinking it, maybe, but while she looked for an opening in his stance, it was worth pondering. Battles were, still unfamiliar for Eatos, and so she threw herself forwards in an attempt to repeat the same attack as before, aiming to land a strong blow through the chest of her enemy. But this time, the Failed Student was ready for it.

Her strike was blocked by a swing of his blade, and he slashed at her. However, his swing was weakened by Angel, the large Husky moved at what could only be the last possible second to knock Eatos out of the way of the blow, deflecting it onto her gauntlet. However, the strike had a blow-back effect thta injured the student.

"W-what trickery in this?" the NPC demanded, swinging his blade around him.

The blacksmith simply smiled "No trickery, just what a hero has to do to survive.."

-------

Eatos - 337/340 HP | 34/34 ENG | 3 EVA | 4 DMG | 2 REC | 1 THRN | 9 MIT

ID:  90656

BD: 4 Miss>. Sword Art: Rage Blow. 4(2)=8 Damage 

Failed Student - 25/40 HP | 12 DMG

ID: 90658

MD: 5 <Hit>

Edited by Eatos

Wait, hero? Had she actually said that? What was she thinking? Katherine was no hero, just some scared girl who was an idiot. An easily manipulated fool. But, then again, in this game, she wasn't Katherine. She was Eatos. A guild leader, a healer. Someone capable to protecting and, now, fighting, for those who were weaker. In part, it terrified her that this was all on her. But then, it had to be. Before, no one would step up for her, with Silver not there, she had to care for herself. 

She swung her blade forwards, using her Sword Art once again and landing a powerful blow into his chest. But this time, the Failed Student grinned and swung at her. With her blade embedded in the NPC, dodging was impossible. Thankfully, Angel moved and bumped into her, but not enough as his strike came into contact with her face. The girl backpeddled, one hand on her face. Thankfully, despite the blow, she was still in the green. But she had to be careful dammit, against stronger mobs, that mistake could be lethal...

---------------

Eatos - 332/340 HP | 34/34 ENG | 3 EVA | 4 DMG | 2 REC | 1 THRN | 9 MIT

ID:  90656 <Cd: 6. +2EN

BD: 7 <Hit>. Sword Art: Rage Blow 2EN. 4(2)=8 Damage 

Failed Student - 17/40 HP | 12 DMG

ID: 90658

MD: 9 <Hit>, Crit +2, 14DMG

Edited by Eatos

In an amusing way, she was lucky she was fighing a 'human' opponent. Striking against this, while unnerving, wasn't scary. Against a demonic monster, well, she may have been struggling more. She steadied herself as she looked at her target, she knew what she wanted to do, she wanted to land Crescent Fell. While the move wouldn't do much damage, AND would cost her 4 energy, it also had a stun attached to the move which is why she wanted to use it. To give this student one chance or repeat, to have forgiveness said. If not, she'd kill it.

"Without conviction, all you stand for is pointless!" The student said, charging forwards. The blacksmith raised her blade, planning on blocking the strike. "You must take what is yours without hesitation!"

For a reason beyond Eatos, that struck her. She had never done that, taken what was hers. Was that...her weakness? Being too kind. The blow connected before she was ready, and even Angel couldn't push her out of the way in time as he cut through her arm. She let out a whimper of pain as she hit the ground, panting for air and glaring up at the student. No...her kindness wasn't a flaw, it was a virtue...it had to be. 

Spoiler

Eatos - 327/340 HP | 32/34 ENG | 3 EVA | 4 DMG | 2 REC | 1 THRN | 9 MIT

ID: 90814  <Cd: 7. +2EN

BD: 2<Miss>. Sword Art: Fell Cresent 4EN. 

Failed Student - 17/40 HP | 12 DMG

ID: 90815

MD:  10 <+2 Crit> DMG: 14-9 (5)

Edited by Eatos

"You're wrong. You can't just take what you want, you need to work for it" She said calmly and she took a deep breath "There are some things in this world that are worth the wait, worth the suffering. It's a symbol of the dedication you put into it"

"You're wrong! That is the weak say to excuse their uselessness!"

The student charged forwards and managed to land a strong blow across her face, but Eatos didn't reel despite the pain. This time, she used his attaack as an opening herself and swung her blade in an upwards motion, the blow landing on the NPC's face and they hit the ground. Stunned. The girl let out a breath, pleased she'd landed the stun finally. She looked down at him. She was meant to offer him mercy, but she knew, deep down, he would never accept it. He saw something he wanted, and knew no other way than violence, to take it. 

One chance, that's all he had, before she was forced to end his life. 

Spoiler

Eatos - 323/340 HP | 30/34 ENG | 3 EVA | 4 DMG | 2 REC | 1 THRN | 9 MIT

ID: 90921  <Cd: 10. +2EN>

BD: 10 <Crit, +2>. Sword Art: Fell Cresent 4EN. 6DMG

Failed Student - 11/40 HP | 12 DMG | Stunned

ID: 90922

MD:  9 <Crit +1> 13-9=4DMG

Edited by Eatos

She landed the blow and paced around the failed student. His eyes glared up at her, and she sighed. Once chance. "Do you regret trying to slay your master?" She asked simply, pacing back and forth around him. Angel nearby watching. She had time until her stun wore off, she would give him this time. Not a second longer. 

"He was weak. He told me that there was no hope for me, and yet, i struck him down!"

She shook her head. "I know not what you've been told, nor denied. But anger results in nothing. You're a child, hitting against the wall"

"What of you, why do you do this? Power, greed. Cowardice?"

The girl lashed out at the ground in anger, her blade cutting close to the student, but missing as she walked away. "Once chance, that was all i promised. You've failed in redemption, like i knew you would. You types who lust for power are all the same. This time, i won't run. I'm going to destroy you..." 

Spoiler

Eatos - 323/340 HP | 28/34 ENG | 3 EVA | 4 DMG | 2 REC | 1 THRN | 9 MIT

ID: 91217  <Cd: 1>

BD: 1  <Miss>. Sword Art: Rage Blow 2EN. 4(2)=8

Failed Student - 11/40 HP | 12 DMG | 

ID: Unusable

MD:   1?-9=4DMG

Edited by Eatos

He had been given his chance. She had her back turned to him as the Student stood up. The perfect chance to strike at her, but Eatos knew it was already over. In this temple, she would hear him running. When he got close, she'd strike him down. She knew it was over, yet his struggle. It was sad, yet deserved. She took a deep breath and looked at Angel, who barked once. She had tried, but his soul was black, unable to be saved.

The Student charged forwards, yelling loudly as he swung as her. Even with Angel there, his swing landed and stabbed the girl through the shoulders. The phantom pain was there, but Eatos knew where he was. She spun around and used her Sword Art, and rammed the blade through the students chest. He hit the ground as she pulled the blade out. It was over. 

The student exploded into pixals, defeated. The girl was silent. There was nothing needed to be said, it was all over. She placed the blade on her belt, nothing had to be said. Without even a word of respect, Eatos simply gave what was the corpse a simple nod, before turned and heading for the door. It was over, vengence was upon that who deserved it. 

Spoiler

Eatos - 319/340 HP | 28/34 ENG | 3 EVA | 4 DMG | 2 REC | 1 THRN | 9 MIT

ID: 91445 <Cd: 7, +2EN>

BD: 7 <Hit>   <Miss>. Sword Art: Rage Blow. 4(2)=8

Failed Student - 0/40 HP | 12 DMG | 

ID: 91446

MD: 7  12-9=4DMG

Edited by Eatos

With the student gone, the girl had been preparing to make the long walk back to the cave. But, to her surprise, the Master who she had met was standing at the front of the temple. His Health was back to full, and was alive. She walked over to him, and looked at him. Was this, a quest? Why had nothing come up if that was the case?

"Did you slay my former pupil?"

"I gave him one chance, and he refused it. I had no option but to kill him" 

They nodded their head, a loss, but one that had to be done. "It is a shame, but perhaps, through this, you will find what you were looking for"

The girl couldn't not frown, find what she was looking for? She had come seeking materials, not a fight with an NPC. But, well, maybe there was something else beyond her? She nodded her head, before looking out on the snow "Is that all?"

"I thank you for your help in the matter, now, leave me to my mourning. Return, if you find yourself in need" 

Eatos made the walk back home in silence, Angel at her side. Part of her was confused at what had just transpired, she was sure they were NPCS, but for what purpose? It was beyond her. Maybe she could find an info broker, have them explain it to her? Otherwise, well, she was lost. A quest that, didn't appear in her log, and involved a power hungry NPC? While the master betrayed by student was a long time story, she couldn't find it in a quest log was what annoyed her more than anything. 

She made it back to her home, her blacksmith shop, and sat down in the couch near the front, continuing to look for quests that fitted the one she just encountered. But nothing. Was it all an illusion, or perhaps, something more? A message from the game, trying to tell her something? The girl hesitated. The students weapon, had been a Katana....The very blade she was trying to unlock! 

Eatos didn't want to hope, only because it would lead to dissapointment, but she couldn't stop herself. She opened the menu, and there it was, sitting as if it had always been there. The Katana skill. It was now available to her. Had, that all been a quest, and she hadn't noticed? That was the only logical course, and yet, it felt so, tailored, to her. Her past. Either this game was just very lucky, or there was something else going on that she didn't fully understand. 

She stood up in her store, and equiped Celestial Sword, her custom-piece Katana. She looked at the blade, and took a deep breath. So this was it, her new weapon eh? Well, it could be worse, plus, there was a reason she wanted this. It would be an image, a symbol for her guild and others who knew her. While she had every intention of continuing down the line of a medic, a healer, she wasn't defenseless. This Katana would be her symbol, that even as a backline and scared player, she could do whatever she wanted...

Eatos stared at the new skill, the Katana ability. This was it. Suddenly, behind her, the door opens, and the Master entered her store. In his hands, was a katana on his own. Eatos looked at the blade, and nodded her head.

"I see you have noticed your newest skill, the art of the Katana" He smiled softly "Your true heart, in slaying my student who fell to darkness, earned you this skill. I hope that you will use it better than my former pupil. His heart..."

"There, is, an alternative" The girl interrupted "There was always the chance his heart was fallen at the start, he was already consumed by darkness. There are those who start in the dark, for there is no redemption"

The NPC frowned, before shrugging  "I see, then perhaps, you have greater wisdom than myself. A keener eye for the evil that lurks within our soul"

The NPC may have just been speaking a default line, but by the gods, it was so close to home. 

The NPC noticed the look on the girls face, and frowned "Something troubles you"

"It's nothing really, just, something from before. I knew a friend, whose heart was corrupted from within. He was, sick, and wrong. I didn't notice it, and by the time i did, it was too late for me. He fell, and dragged me down with him. This time, it was different, i was able to see the evil within. I was, saved, by my own hand"

The girl looked at the Katana. In the real life, she'd of laughed at anyone who had one. But here, in this game, it was a start for her to fight against the demons who lived within her at all times. A reminder, that she had suffered, had gone through hell. Yet, was still alive, still here.

"I thank you, for this. And my sympathies for your student, but he choose his path and paid the ultimate price for his foolishness"

The NPC bowed, and left through the door. Leaving Eatos alone, unsure, what it was, to do next. 

No, she knew what to do next. She would lead from the front, like Stryder. While she would still have her duties as a medic/healer, and they would always have to come first. But, if they needed her, she could step up. But not just for them, for herself.

Years ago, two years of her life were, wasted. Error, after error. A spiral of emotions that she, thought, she had control over. That was well beyond the control of the stupid girl in the middle, a mere puppet for the demon...no, not a demon. A boy, whose heart and soul were born black with hatred and suffering. A master of puppets that pulled her leash at every moment of those two years, making her commit the ultimate sin. There were only 7 sins of humanity, but in her eyes, there was an 8th. The Sin of Murder. To take the life of another human being. 

But, she was no longer that girl. Out of control. While she was trapped within Sword Art Online, she was able to look after herself. No longer a puppet. She was a human, and would live her own damn life!