[PP-F2] Roundabout Ruse

Telrenya felt the urge to glance over her shoulder as the two women retreated back to the main streets of Urbus. Not wanting to meet Erin's intimidating emerald eyes again, she kept herself facing forward, the knot in her stomach slowly dispersing the farther away they got. She perked up, drawn from her thoughts when Jevi addressed her again, her shoulders shifting with embarrassment while her fingers fidgeted amongst themselves in front of her as they walked.

"...Yeah." Though Jevi's sentiment didn't necessarily warrant her confirmation, Telrenya took on a soft smile while her eyes followed the cobblestone path laid out before them. It grew a bit warmer as she continued, "Sometimes I think I'm just being dramatic. And sometimes I feel really, really guilty." A nervous chuckle escaped her as if to say that she wished she was joking about the latter. "But if doing all this means that we have even the slightest better chance of getting out of here together, then I'll keep coming up with these crazy plans." Her smile grew a bit wider while a puff of air left through her nose in a suppressed, more genuine laugh.

"I hope he won't be too upset with me if he finds out." The thought would normally send a wave of anxiety through her, but Telrenya forced a calm, almost nonchalant tone. "I'm actually a terrible liar, so if he gets too suspicious I wonder if it will just fall apart."

Jevi had taken on a short-lived somber tone, causing the blonde to cast her a concerned sideways glance of her own. Telrenya knew so little of the brunette, and it was that realization that caused a small knot of guilt to form in her stomach. Her brows turned to match the worry in her eyes, but the corners of her mouth turned up into a small, reassuring smile. She wouldn't pretend to know Jevi as more than a close acquaintance in this moment, but she did want to express her sympathy. She freed the fingers of her right hand from their laced position, pulling up and resting her palm carefully atop the woman's shoulder.

Thread Complete!

• Telrenya: +1 SP, +200 col
  • Jevi: +1 SP, +200 col