(PP-F8) Chinchilla Scouting <<Feeding the Enemy>>

Fae was walking around Friben Village, looking for the NPC that was supposed to start the quest that would let Fae tame her own familiar. It was rather easy, as the old gypsy walked up to her after only a few minutes of searching and explained that if she fed an animal, she would get to tame it. Fae had already brought a bunch of berries with her and had them stored in her pockets in her cloak. She had heard from plenty of people that this quest was tedious, so she wanted to go on it with a friend. Opening her menu, Fae found Eatos and sent her a quick message. Hey miss Eatos! Can you help Fae out on getting a familiar? Fae closed her menu and looked out at the green river. It was disgusting, but it still looked pretty. Fae was looking forward to getting her little chinchilla.

@Eatos

Edited by Fae

"We're going....I know what i said yesterday but something came up. We'll still go to the lake, but tomorrow. We're going and that's final Angel! Now get off me!" Eatos had recieved the message from Fae and had replied that she would be there as soon as she could. However, that meant that Angel had gotten in an odd mood. She had promised her dog they'd go to the lake today, as Angel loved to play in the snow. But now with a change of plans, the Husky was lying on top of Eatos, keeping her 'trapped. Partly because the girl didn't have the heart to shove the fluffy familiar off of herself and cuddled up to it. After what was a 10 minute argument, Angel finally got off. 

So nearly 15 minutes after having sent the message, Eatos finally arrived up on the 8th floor with a grumpy Angel,the Husky barking happily upon seeing Fae and jumping around the small girl. Eatos shook her head. He was always like this. Grumpy when going, then overally happy when he gets there. "I'm sorry that took me so long Fae. Angel there was, well, refusing to come. I promised him a trip to the lake so, the change of plans wasn't met with a lot of approval"

Fae got just about as excited as Angel had gotten when she saw him. Fae petted Angel on the head as he jumped around her, giggling as she did so, always loving to see the husky. As soon as she could, Fae ran up and gave Eatos a quick hug, just as happy to see her as Angel. "It's okay miss Eatos. Fae is gonna have to deal with that kind of thing too when Fae gets her own chinchilla. Maybe Fae can go with you two to the lake after this!" Fae said eagerly, taking a few steps back from Eatos, looking up at her. Fae had her usual wide smile, looking forward to having fun with Eatos. "The chinchillas are supposed to be in the dedis... ededic... dedicious woods, which is in the south part of the floor. We just have to stay close to the green river and we won't get lost. Okay miss Eatos?" Fae asked, having a bit of trouble pronouncing decicious, walking out of the safe zone and starting to follow the green river.

Angel barked and rubbed his head into Fae. The dog circled around a few times before sliding back to the blacksmiths side, the loyal pet. The girl hugged Fae back, and smiled slightly. This girl was in such a dark world, yet always seemed to have that smile on her face. How, she had no idea. But, she would try and keep Fae smiling. Keep her ignorance as alive as possible. Eatos smiled hearing Fae wanted to find herself a familiar. It pleased her, she was getting herself more than just a familiar, but hopefully, a friend to keep her safe and company. 

"Well, i'm more than happy to join you to help you find a familiar. I know, at least for myself, Angel is just so important to me. Hopefully your familiar becomes important to you" She said calmly. Fae was struggling with the word, but she said nothing and simply nodded her head. Following after the young girl. She had no reason to be rude after all. Fae, well, fae was important for reasons that the girl didn't even realize. At least, in Eatos' eyes that was the case. 

Fae nodded in understanding when Eatos said that Angel was so important to her, hoping that Fae's familiar would be important to her. "Yeah, Fae is gonna name her familiar Trixie. Trixie is gonna keep Fae company when she's alone. Fae gets lonely a lot, so Fae can always Trixie to talk to and hang out with." Fae explained, picturing her chinchilla. Fae skipped alongside the green river humming to herself as she skipped through the forest. Fae watched the river, completely fascinated by it. "Miss Eatos, did you know that the green river is actually just full of algae? Fae just found that out today. So, how have you been miss Eatos? Anything super duper fun happen lately?" Fae asked, looking back up at Eatos as they started to walk under the shade of the forest. It was only slightly chilly, with winter almost ending now. Fae's cloak still kept her warm, but she could hardly even notice the difference.

Fae had already come up with a name for her Familiar? Trixie. Was that the name of a friend, a family member? The name of a familiar could say a lot about a person, who they were. Sometimes you could read too much into it, for example. Stryder had just saved 'Silver Aurora', his wolfess, from harm. The name seemed random, yet maybe there was something in his past that made it important. It was impossible to know. As for her, and Angel. Well, back in the real world, she had a Husky who she called Gluttony, as the Seven Deadly Sins because the pup LOVED to eat. In Sword Art Online, the Husky didn't seem sinful. Rather, a chance for redemption for her. Angel was a ray of light for her, an angel. 

Eatos shook her head, she had been so deep inside her head she'd missed Fae talking and only caught the back of her sentence asking about what she'd been doing lately. The smiled weakly and let out a sigh. "It's been slow lately, but i've been enjoying myself. I've been focusing on just, enjoying myself" She smiled softly at Fae, in part hating herself, for every single word that came out of her mouth was an utter lie. For the past weeks, sleep had evaded her and when it did come, it came bearing horrid gifts she had to accept. 

She brushed her hair over her shoulders and put on a brave face. Her issues were nothing for Fae to concern herself with. She was the co-leader of the guild and had to be there for its members. 

Even of it was just through the name, Fae still wanted to pay tribute to Trixie, a fallen player Fae had known. By naming her familiar after Trixie, Fae felt that a part of Trixie would be watching over her. Eatos didn't have to know the full explanation for the name yet, so Fae kept quiet about it. Fae continued to walk until they arrived at a point where the river cut off their path. Fae stepped onto a log that went over the river and walked along it and kept her balance until she was on the other side. "Fae would just walk through the river, but the algae looks gross to walk through." Fae said looking down at the water. Eatos answered Fae's question, saying that things had been slow lately, just enjoying herself. "That sounds nice. Fae is glad to hear that you're doing okay! Fae herself has been doing great too. Mister Thorsten is now Fae's daddy, and Fae lives with him right now too. Fae has met so many nice people in this guild, it was one of the best choices Fae has ever made in joining it. You, mister Stryder, Pin, mister Hei, and everyone else, we're all like a big family. Wouldn't you agree miss Eatos?" Fae asked as she looked through the canopy of leaves and up at the sky. It was so peaceful out here, just perfect to think about things.

Eatos barely noticed the river, the 'green' water keeping Angel plenty entertained as the pair of girls walked their way through the forest area. Eatos wasn't a huge fan of green forests, much prefering to see snow on, well, everything. Like back home when she felt most safe. But, she could appricate how people like Fae could enjoy the view like this. It sung of being gentle and peaceful. 

Thorsten. Eatos' eyes flashes somewhat upon hearing the online name of Silver. She knew him back in the real world, and he was a rock for her. She smiled slightly. It was nice to know that, even here, Silver was finding a place to be. Living with Fae, adopted her. While Eatos would need a brief talk to her friend, she was certain he had nothing but kindness in his adoption of Fae. Hearing the other girl beam about the guild she had a hand in starting, well, it was impossible not to beam with pride. Ever with all in her mind, she could still smile.

"We are yeah. I'm just happy that people feel safe within the guild. That's why i made it, why i joined with Stryder. Not all of us will end up fighting on the front lines. Some of us, just want to live..."

Fae just about as captivated as Angel was the green water in the river. There was just something about the water being a different color than normal that kept Fae so interested in it. Then Eatos got the big smile om her face and Fae started to giggle. Once again, Fae managed to get a genuine smile out of someone. "Fae doesn't know about anyone else, but Fae feels super duper safe in this guild. But you're right about the front lines thing. Fae doesn't really want to be up there fighting bosses, it sounds scary. Fae just wants to live. Fae wants to see her mommy and daddy in the real world again. All of the other kids Fae's age are gone, so Fae has to be a little more grown up to have friends. You guys in the guild mean the world to Fae." Fae said, a few tears forming in her eyes. Fae hugged Eatos again, burying her face in Eatos's belly, crying a little bit. "Fae gets so scared when she isn't with you guys. Don't ever die on Fae alright? Fae would miss you so much." Fae sobbed, before looking up at Eatos with a smile. The tears in her eyes were a mix of sadness and joy.

Eatos was glad that Fae felt safe with the guild around, with her around. Being selfish, it was a way to redeem herself in her own eyes. After all she had done, to ensure a young child was safe meant to much to her. She was right, the front lines. For the players who had the courage, it was all about saving them all. But for players like Fae, a child, that was never an option. No one in their right mind would let her go. Hell, Eatos would refuse it. Fae was 9 years old, she didn't deserve this....

"We'll get you home Fae" she said softly as she hugged the young girl "I promise, we'll get you home alive. Everyone in the guild, we'll all survive" She wasn't sure if there was anything right to say. Fae was staying with Silver, who had 'adopted' her. There had been a time where Eatos had considered taking care of Fae herself, but with Silver taking that job. The implications that would follow...

"You're welcome to stay with me anytime Fae. Silv-Thorsten and i, we're close friends from the real world. So if you ever want to stay with me, i'll message him" She was, in part shocked. She didn't realize Fae depending on the guild, on her, nearly this much. Would she, if she knew the truth? Probably not. Fae had gone through enough in this game, and she trusted the guild. The last thing she needed to learn was the reality of who she was. 

Fae continued to hug Eatos, her tears slowly going away as she calmed down. Eatos promised that she would get her home, and Fae nodded her head a few times. "Thank you miss Eatos. Fae will do what Fae can to help out." Fae thanked, moving out of the hug and went to walking again. She petted Angel on the head again and started to skip again. The green river was getting wider as they walked alongside it, but it remained green all the way through.

Fae was a bit surprised when Eatos offered that Fae can stay with her anytime, since Eatos and Thorsten were friends in the real world apparently. "Ooh! So can Fae stay with you tonight miss Eatos? Daddy could use a little break from me. But, does this mean you can be Fae's mommy? You've been so nice to Fae, more nice than Fae's actual mommy. Just please be my mommy while we're in this game, okay?" Fae asked, looking up at Eatos, with her big smile again. Eatos and Thorsten were already friends in the real world, so Fae didn't see a problem with Eatos being her mommy.

Eatos followed after Fae, with Angel barely a step behind her. This had been much more of an emotional rollercoaster than she had expected. But, in a way, it was nice. However, the turn of events caught Eatos VERY much by surprise. Namely when she asked her to be her mother. The look of shock passed on her face. Becomes, Faes 'effect' mother? That implied a LOT to Eatos. Namely, herself and Silver. Thorsten. She liked him, relied on him heavily. But, love him? Did she even need to love Silver to becomes Faes 'Mother'? Hell, did she even want that?! Never in her life had she really thought about becoming a parent, she'd always just had a pet and figured that's all she wanted. Could she even act as a parent for Fae?

"You're welcome to stay at mine whenever you want. As for being your mother..." The girl couldn't not hesitate. She didn't have the 'maternal' qualities that make up a good parent. She'd never cared for having an active parent, her own mother being away for work. "I can't promise i'll be a good mother. But, i'll keep my eye open for you. I promise that to you Fae, i'll take care of you while i can..." 

An image flashed before her eyes, and it sent shivers up her spine. It was an image she hated, and yet, lived within her. She silent cursed herself as she blinked, trying to put on a smile for Fae.  

Fae noticed the shocked look that Eatos had when she asked if Eatos could be her mother. Thorsten wasn't really surprised when she asked, so Fae flinched a little bit when Eatos looked shocked. "It's okay mommy, Fae never said you had to love mister Thorsten. Fae just wanted to call you mommy." Fae said as she walked up to Eatos's side and grabbed her hand. 

Eatos said that Fae could stay with her, and paused after addressing being a mother. Fae was filled with anxiousness during the paused, looking up at Eatos anxiously. Eatos said that she couldn't promise to be a good mother, but she could still take care of Fae while she was able to. Fae took that as a yes and hugged Eatos gratefully. "Yay! Love you mommy! We can get through this together!" Fae exclaimed cheerfully as she hugged Eatos tightly, feeling so many emotions right now.

Eatos saw the flinched out of Fae, and it was like a hot knife. Part of her wanted nothing more than to give Fae the comfort she deserved. Hell, that the girl needed given her situation. But se knew that she simply lacked the qualities that made a good parent. She was distant, a day dreamer and, well...all that the good things entail. But, if it was just ingame, perhaps...

Eatos held the smaller girls hand, but nothing moved within her chest. It was still just the static constant heartbeat she'd always had. Part of her assumed she should be elated that she was a caring figure, but it just wasn't within her. But, it didn't mean that she wouldn't take care of Fae. The girl was 9 years old, there was a limit to even what her ice-cold self could and couldn't do.

Eatos hugged Fae back, and realized, in that moment, she had no idea what this girls real name was. Angel barked once behind the girls, looking slightly impatient, but a single glare from Eatos made the Husky go silent as she let the younger girl hug for as long as she needed. This wasn't a hug for herself, this was for Fae, to know she cared. 

"We'll get through this alive Fae. All of us will, i promise you that much"

Fae embraced the hug even more, keeping the side of her head against Eatos's hip. Now she had two parents in this world that she could turn to. Looking back, Fae wasn't going to be able to keep up with her happy attitude at all if Thorsten and Eatos hadn't taken up the role as her parents. "Thank you so much mommy. It's because of you and daddy that Fae can stay happy. Fae wouldn't know what to do with herself if Fae didn't have you guys around. It's been so long since we've been in the game, Fae can't even remember her real mommy and daddy's names, or even what they looked like. Fae loves you guys so much." Fae said, a bit of a sombre when mentioning her actual parents. 

Angel had barked once, but he stopped immediately, and Fae couldn't tell why, not catching the glare. Fae continued to hug Eatos for another half minute before letting go of her. Fae looked around the woods, still not seeing any chinchillas at all. "Aww phooey, Fae can't find any chinchillas around here. We should keep going further mommy, maybe that's where they all hide." Fae suggested, starting to skip again alongside Eatos, still holding her hand.

ID: 95429 LD: 6 (Failure)

@Eatos

Edited by Fae

Fae, couldn't remember her parents real names? Sadness flashed over Eatos' face. She couldn't imagine a world where she forgot them, nor her brother for that matter. Eatos didn't realize being called 'Mummy', mostly to help Fae. It felt so alien to be called that, even more given that fact she was young AND had no interest in ever becoming a parent in the real world. "You'll see 'em again Fae. I promise you that. You'll see your parents again and play with them" It must be rough for Fae, to be thrown in this world with such speed. If she could send her back, she'd do it in a heartbeat. There were only a few people who deserved the same fate as Fae, and the girl was not one of them.

Eatos returned the hug for as long as Fae needed, after all, Fae needed it. She nodded her head, finding the whole 'holding hands' part unfamiliar and a little uncomfortable, but going along with it. Angel let out an odd noise, almost the dog version of a scoff. Another glare from Eatos silenced the Husky, before following up behind the pair, sniffing around and occasionally barking at wildlife she spotted.

"We'll take a good look around. Although, i might be able to help" The girl accessed her inventory, looking for an item that would help Fae's searching. She had it made when she was looking for her own Angel, maybe it would help?...If she could find it!

Fae kept trying to remember what her mom and dad even looked like, but she kept drawing blanks. Now she only could see Eatos and Thorsten as her parents. Eatos told her that she would see them again and that Fae would play with them. "Fae can't see them anymore in her head. All Fae can see now is you and Thorsten in her memories. What if they forgot about Fae? No, they wouldn't. Fae is gonna try to stay positive. As long as Fae is with you and daddy, nothing can go wrong. We can be a happy family in this world." Fae said, holding onto Eatos's hand a little bit tighter for a few seconds. She was feeling scared, but Fae kept a big smile and pushed her feelings of sorrow aside.

Fae noticed Angel do a little scoff, so she let go of Eatos's hand and petted the husky on the head for a little bit. Fae looked in the distance and saw the little bridge where the three rivers intersected. "Ooh! We're almost at the middle of the floor! We can head down the white river, since that one heads south. One step closer to getting Trixie!" Fae exclaimed skipping ahead of Eatos a little bit.

Fae, couldn't see her parents? That was, just, so sad. She couldn't not find it borderline depressing, to forget what your parents looked like. She put on a brave face, but she just felt that Fae was living an illusion. But, if it made the younger girl happy, then, well. She would play the part of the parent, the fill-in until they returned home. She could tell Fae was hurting inside, how could she not? But there was no solution, no band-aid fix that would make everything alright again. So she would play the part needed of her, hopefully it would be enough to keep Fae sane. 

"We'll...make it work in this world" She said the words, but she didn't believe them at all. She didn't believe that it was truly possible to make a family in this world within the game. But, she could make it happen. 

Angel barked happily at being pet, wagging its tail and walking with Fae, circling around the young girl from time to time. Even chasing after Fae as the girl ran ahead. Eatos let Fae run off ahead, following while walking at the same pace. Fae seemed to, innocent. The question that ate away at the bluenette, was would this innocence be kept alive? 

Fae found it easy to believe Eatos when she said that they would be able to make a family work in this world. Even when things seemed unlikely, Fae chose to believe in the positive side of things,  refusing to side with the more negative ideas. "Yeah, it'll work. Maybe you, Fae, and daddy can all play on the 4th floor together. It'll be fun." Fae said as she walked onto the bridge that sat over the top of the intersection of rivers. Fae was living an illusion in this world, trying to picture bad things as good things, desperate to keep herself happy. Only two times in the span of her being in this game has she snapped. But they still worked out with Fae fine in the end. Fae pointed at the swirl of colors beneath the bridge, and stared curiously. "This is where the three rivers meet. It looks really pretty underneath the bridge." Fae said, crouching down to get a good look, patting Angel beside her.

Fae refused to see the downside to things. For that alone, she was impressed. She had lost that ability long ago, and while it was endearing to witness, she always knew that it would hurt Fae in the long run. But, she said nothing. It was not on her to destroy Fae's innocence. This game had done that plenty on its own, she didn't need to speed up the process by any degree of the imagination. She followed Fae over the bridge, with Angel exploring nearby, keeping Fae close. It seemed the overly protective dog was somewhat away that Fae needed looking after, and kept near the pinknette, licking her hands occasionally. 

"The rivers, back home, were never like this...Half the time they were frozen over" She said calmly as she sat on the edge of the bridge and watched Fae. IT wasn't like a normal parent, where she was beaming watching. Rather, she was just happy in the knowledge that Fae was safe and heathly. She blinked twice quickly, pushing an image out of her mind as soon as it entered. She could let her nightmares consume her later, at least for now...brave face and a smile.