[Floor 3/PP] 'Boops are better than bumps'

Spoiler

Requirements:

-At least two [2] Pages (21 or more posts)
-Defeat Dark Elf

Dark Elf Information:
<<Dark Elf>> is a mob and has the following statistics:
HP: 12
Damage per Attack: 9

Rewards:

1. Leather Coat/Dragon Bone Cuirass (Light/Heavy): An uncommon armor with any standard armor enhancement chosen by the earner of the weapon which fits the armor type chosen. Only one person may earn this armor per thread.
  2. 1 Skill Point

The third floor was…confusing. Alisea Dariem, also going by the name ‘Jinx’, had gotten lost three times in the past 4 minutes. She had been trying to find a blacksmiths shop for a quest, one that was supposed to be somewhat easy. However, there were two issues. The first, she was unfocused and, therefore, lost completely. The second was forgot to turn on the quest map, meaning she had no guide on what direction to take.

“Hmmm, I wonder if he knows the path..?” She asked herself in Japanese as she lazily walked around the town. Her appearance was mostly normal, minus the eyepatch that covered her left eye and the poorly hid ear muffs under her long white hair. She flicked open her menu as she was walking, and stopped focusing on the walk and more on the words in front of her.

“It doesn’t look that hard, even along I should be able to…!” She had been muttering in English, right as she ran into someone! The impact threw the girl onto her back, and her single red eye looked up at the person she’d ran into with curiosity and confusion!  

@Huginn

Shiro looks down. Huh, someone I’m taller than. He pulls down his hood. “Sorry, was I in your way?” He says, his face straight. The boy steps to the side and nods. Dang it, she walked into me. What am I doing moving out of the way and apologizing? He puts his hands into his pockets and begins to walk in the direction of the objective marker for the quest he was looking into. “Hey, could you please tell me where we are?” He asks of her. This took a lot of convincing for him to ask, and it was painfully obvious. He forces a poor smile and looks at the map. If I am here, and this is there. That building would be here and the shop would be... here. His finger races around the map and his eyes follow. He brings his hand down quickly and the inventory closes and he stares blankly at the floor. Did I just close my map by accident? Why am I stumbling so much? I’m usually so calm. That’s it. He closes his eyes and takes a breath. His mind began to come together and he nods. I should be going then.

@Jinx

The girl looked up with her one eye at the boy in front of her. How had she not seen him, he wasn’t invisible…She pouted as she realized she had been so captivated by her menu that the rest of the world had faded away from her.

She let out a sigh as she picked herself up off the ground, brushing the dust off at the same time. She ensured her eyepatch was properly covering her left eye as she heard him speaking to her, asking her for their location?

The girl laughed softly “I’ve got no idea where we are. I’m completely lost…I’m trying to find a quest and, well..” There was just an issue. The girl had been speaking Chinese to the boy, unaware that he might not understand a word she was saying. She didn’t seem to notice the effort it took him to talk to her, as she offered him her hand.

“I’m Alisea, Alisea Dariem. Pleasure to see you”  Despite her best intentions to introduce herself, the girl was still...Speaking Chinese

The boy’s shirt black hair sits still in the slight breeze keeping the players from knowing whether it was hot or cold. Is that... is she speaking Chinese? That’s now what she was speaking before she walked into me. He opens his mouth, takes a breath to point out that she wasn’t speaking the same language as him, but only closes his mouth. He had heard a name and just assumed she was introducing herself. “Shiro.” He mutters raising his hand and nodding. Are we gonna adventure now? If so, I shouldn’t be wearing my good sweatshirt in case it breaks. The boy’s mind appears detached from the world around him as he looks down at his sweatshirt. But this sweatshirt has kept me safe whenever Misako wasn’t around, and I Thank it for that. He looks at the girl with the single red eye and points to the eyepatch and raises one eyebrow. Shiro was bad with people, but always had a worse time talking to girls. She could be considered cute. Nothing worth acting on, but I bet she cleans up nice.

@Jinx

The girl frowned at the boy standing in front of her as he had said a single word in response to her trying to be nice to introduce herself. She shrugged as she figured she should try again, this boy was more unfocused than herself.

“Shiro…” She muttered the name several times, swapping from language to language as she did. It finally clicked inside her mind, the name.  She smiled softly at him and raised her hand to shake their hand with a dazed look in her eyes.

“Pleasure…?” She frowned, why was that the word that came out? She scratched the back of her head and looked around before looking back at the boy “So…do you know where we are…? I’m trying to find a quest and, well…I’m lost” She remembered the other boy had closed something when she’d run into him, but what was it? She privately hoped it was a map, because she needed a map herself given how often she was lost in this game.

Shiro tilts his head at the girls question and looks at the buildings next to him and down the road. That's it, I know where we are on the map. His hand waves and the inventory pops up again, revealing a map as the thing he closed. "Took me a bit, but I figured out we are about here. I want to be here." He points at the map in several places. The map is confusing, but I'll just walk. Can't mess up what you say if you don't talk too much. He looks back at the girl and pulls his hood up. "If you tell me where you're going I'll try to help you find it." He says in a serious voice. Shiro doesn't mess around often. Not like his sister did, he just always helped her clean up the mess afterwards. He looks down at the white bird necklace and smiles. I'll see you again. One day we'll rule Aincrad. He equips his spear, knowing that a battle is coming.

@Jinx

Alisea frowned at the boy as he pulled out a map. Hadn’t he said he was lost? How do you get lost with a…map? She frowned, maybe that wasn’t a question to ask, maybe it was where he found map…?    She shrugged as the ideas drifted away and she rubbed her single eye that was revealed, right as he pulled up his hood.

“I was…trying to find a quest” she said softly in English “Worn…something, it’s meant to be an easy-ish quest and I wanna get….” She stopped mid-sentence, forgetting the words as they escaped her mouth. The girl frowned at Shiro.

“Your necklace is pretty” she says suddenly, sticking to English “It’s like a happy birdie….Who gave it to you?”. In her mind, it was too pretty to be his. Was it his girlfriends? Probably, or his boyfriend. Alisea didn’t care if it was a guy or a girl, it wasn’t the boy in a hoodie who looked like he came out the worst end with a knife fight against a crab….The girl started snickering at the mental image her mind started to create.  

The boy listens, but doesn’t hear the words from the girl’s mouth. More like doesn’t understand them. “You’re speaking English, and I can’t understand English.” He says in Japanese. He knows a few words, but never really cared enough to actually learn a whole new language. He turns to her, noticing her eyes on the necklace and he looks up at her, hiding it behind his hoodie. “My sister gave it to me.” He says. His face was now sad instead of emotionless. It always was when thinking of his sister. This necklace made him able to hold on just a little bit longer. If I ever lose her, I’ll always have this to hold onto. That’s what she told me. That’s why I have to find her again. He takes another look at the girl and opens his mouth. “I only know of two quests on this floor. You must be going for the worn out welcome quest.” He nods. That’s a weird coincidence, but I guess that’s all it is.

@Jinx

The girl scowled as the boy didn’t seem to understand him. She kicked the ground lazily, right as his voice shifted into…something else. She couldn’t place the word, it drifted away from her. But the sounds he was talking with, they were sad sounds…? Maybe. She wasn’t sure.

Hearing the word ‘Quest’, her mind refocused for those few moments and she nodded her head. “Yeah, I was meant to be finding it at a store…” She says softly in Japanese, her balance shifting lazily from one leg to the other “But, I got lost. This floor is like all of them, it’s a giant maze…” She let out a small sigh. Right before she frowned.

“Do you wanna join me?” She offered “The quest you said, it’s…nearby. We could get it done together” She didn’t say it, but there was another reason she wanted it. She’d never be able to the quest, and if she did, she wouldn’t be able to find where she needed to go to complete the quest.

Shiro turned to her with an intrigued look on his face. Doing a quest with her does sound fun. She doesn’t seem like one to hate me for saying something stupid. “I’m in.” He says, equipping his long golden spear. The lightning on it playfully dances around even when it’s on his back. He pulls up his menu and searches for the party invite, but can’t seem to find it. I’ve never sent a party invite before. I’m assuming it would be here. No. Maybe here? No. There it is. After an awkward minute or so, he sends her a party invite and turns away. All she has to do is accept it, then we can be on our way. He pulls out a pair of sunglasses and slides them on his face. “I’ll lead the way I guess.” He begins to walk away. His hand moves down, opening his menu and swiftly pulling up the map. He looks for the closest turn he can find on the map. Navigation in this game is stupid, it’s all the same. He closes his menu as he had discovered the shortest path to the shop.

@Jinx

The girls single eye peaked as he pulled out his weapon. A spear with, lightning?! She stared at the weapon with interest, before looking away as something shiny caught her sole attention, although it vanished right as she tried to focus on it. She pouted, before let out a sigh. Sometimes, having only a single eye, didn't help matters at all. She watched the other boy navigate his way through the menu, and soon enough, a party invite appeared. She pressed the accept option without a moments hesitation, and watched the second HP bar appeared. It was a cool system, she could stalk his health bar...Stalk? Was that even the right word?

She followed him wordlessly as he offered. After all, she had absolutely no idea how to get to where she wanted to do. Directions were never her strong suit. Normally, if she ever went out, the Vipers, or at least one of them, would look after her. Sadly, her street gang friends from her childhood hadn't made it into SAO

"I wonder how hard the quest'll be...? Hopefully it doesn't hurt tooo badly" she said, most to herself in Japanese as she walked behind the boy. Most low floor quests were easy, but there was always a risk... 

Shiro keeps walking at a steady pace, not letting anything slow him down. He reaches a corner and hears the girls statement, but being the guy he is, he just ignores it. Why talk when sulking isn’t necessary? Though if Misako was here, she’d be talking up a storm. He looks down at his necklace once again, quickly looking forward and seeing the sign to the shop in which the quest can be gotten. “It’s right up there. You order, I’ll be out here.” He says, he had already accepted the quest a while ago, so he didn’t need to go back into the shop. Plus, he doesn’t like talking to people, it’s one of his least favorite things. I wonder what’s under that eyepatch. Is it a hole? Or maybe it’s just another eyepatch. As funny as that would be, I don’t think that would be practical. Then again, neither is wearing an eyepatch in a fighting game. Hell, a monster on the wrong side of her can kill her. He sits on a bench and watches the players walk by in their own groups and sometimes guilds. That seems nice, but a bit complicated for someone like me. He looks at the crowd for a few more seconds and then leans back in his bench and stares at the ground instead.

@Jinx

The girl had no idea about the poorish mood of her traveling companion…Wait, he had a name. Her single eye moved up to where the extra health bar appeared, and read the name. Huginn. What a weird name…Wait, wasn’t that different to the other name?! She frowned, before shrugging it off. It didn’t matter the name, or maybe he forgot his name?

She heard him speaking to her, and it caught her attention long enough for her to realize he had taken her to a…blacksmith? It took a frown and many moments before she remembered that’s where the quest came from! She turned to Huginn…Shiro..? She gave him a slight bow before entering the store, and quickly accepting the quest.

She exited the blacksmith, and looked around for the boy. She eyed him on the bench, and slowly walked her way over to him. She tapped him on the shoulder “Heya…so I took the quest…So you wanna…move?” The girl had managed to stick to speaking Japanese…for now.

The boy was looking at the ground, waiting for something, anything, to happen. Damn, this is gonna be boring. All of a sudden he feels a tap on his shoulder. His eye dart up and see her face, but his face remains completely unreadable. He didn’t care if she was dangerous or not, his only reason to live was gone and probably never coming back. Not Misako. “Oh... sure let’s go.” He stands up, turning away from the girl. She can hold her own, right? Hopefully I don’t have to work too hard trying to help her. Though if one of us has to die, I’m not gonna wait and give up on Misako like that, sorry lady, if it comes down to it, I’m leaving you for dead. He walks, humming the song his sister had taught him quietly, but if the girl tried she could hear. This song was gentle and soothing, it helped him in big crowds and with any girl other than his sister.

@Jinx

Edited by Huginn

The girl smiled at Huggin, Shiro..? She frowned before shrugging, it didn’t matter the name. They were gunna go exploring, assuming she didn’t get hopelessly lost like always. The again, with someone else here, maybe they would remember directions? If not, Alisea was certain she would get lost…again.

Following the boy, it took her many moments to hear he was…humming?! She looked up at him curiously, mostly because she knew very few people who enjoyed humming. She tried to focus on the tune, but it wasn’t one that she recognised. She frowned, before figuring…

“What’s the tune…?” She asked finally “I don’t recognise it, but it’s…calming” She said, trying to find the exact word she was looking for. It wasn’t perfect, but close enough. ‘Sometimes I forget other people had lives before this game trapped them in here. Sometimes it feels like this has been the only world I’ve known, or at least, where I’m less of a burden…’

“My sister taught me the tune.” He says, stopping the humming. It was one of his two ways to not lose track of who he was, the other was the necklace his sister got him. “It helps me keep calm in the most stressful predicament.” He gives a small smile increasing the short list of people who had seen it from three to four. Sho can handle herself, she has to. Besides, if she can, we might become friends. Though she does seem pretty happy. Shiro had known the tune as a young boy, but can’t remember the name. He learned it on every instrument in his house, like the guitar piano and violin. Now he doesn’t have the courage to play it for anyone else regardless of how often his few friends had said his talent with anything that makes noise was amazing. He turns to her once more and opens his mouth. “I don’t know the name of the tune, but I could play it for you now that you have heard me hum it. I just need a violin.” He says, taking a more friendly look on than before.

@Jinx

The girl frowned at the boy who she was talking with, as the tune was to help…stress? She didn’t understand what there was to be stressed about? Sure, the game was rough, but they weren’t in combat right now? Still, it was up to him if he wanted to be afraid at all stages in his life.

As he mentioned it was a sister, the girls mind couldn’t not roam to the idea on what life would be like with a sister, what she older, younger? Her dulled mind explored the ideas as they walked, until his muffled voice managed to get through her earmuffs to mention a…violin? Why was he asking about one of those?

“Why would I have one of those?” She asks, and while she wasn’t trying to be rude in any capacity, her tone was that of ‘why the hell would you ask me a question like that’? With a large frown, but no hesitation in her step, she looked around and didn’t understand where they had made it to.

“Weren’t we in the town a second ago?” Alisea asks the boy turning to look at him as their surroundings had shifted more to forest then the town they had started in.

Shiro’s friendly mood broke with her question. He begins to frown and pulls his hood up, stopping the humming. Guess I was wrong about her. You try to be nice and people treat you like crap. You should be used to this Shiro. He draws his golden spear and readies it. The golden spear had an elegant design fit for a king, and had blue lightning swirling around it. He sighs and walks through a bush, shoving the spear into the elf’s chest. “Come on, attack.” He says back to the grey haired girl. His tone was boring and almost lazy. Like he didn’t care about anything. This is gonna be bothersome, isn’t it? Dang, I was hoping I might actually have fun. He pulls his spear out of the elf and pushes it away with his foot. He turns and walks back over to the girl and sits down.

ID: 108204

BD: 8

Huginn attacks Elf

12 - 2 = 10 HP

Huginn: 20/20 HP | 1/2 EN | 2 DMG | 1 PARA (H:1)

Elf: 10/12 HP | 9 DMG

@Jinx

Edited by Huginn

The girl completely missed Shiro getting frustrated at her, unaware that her wording and tone had agitated him. She, instead, had been humming to herself right up to the point when Shiro pulled out a weapon! That caught her attention because…his weapon was pretty! Much like a moth, his weapon captivated her single eye and she watched it, unaware that they had started a fight!

That’s when she saw the…elf? She frowned, right as Shiro charged in and struck the elf creature. She frowned, as it eventually dawned on her. They were in a fight…She let out a low hum as she tried to think. What was her role in battle? She tapped her foot on the ground…

“Oh!” the girl said suddenly, her single eye sharpening suddenly and grabbed the sword that was on her hip. A basic One-Handed sword. She looked at the fight, and swung her blade into a tree nearby. While it did no damage to the tree, with it being an Immortal Object, it was the trigger for her ability. Howl. She swallowed as a wave of fear runs through her chest "I'm your opponent. You are not allowed to attack him" She wasn't loud, but the Elf turned its red eye onto the girl. 

I’ll get that monster focused on me. After all, the build I’ve gone for is a tank one. Even if I’m scared…I’ve got to learn while my mind is sharp’

Huginn: 20/20 HP | 1/2 EN | 2 DMG | 1 PARA (H:1)

Elf: 10/12 HP | 9 DMG

[3] Jinx : 300/300 HP | 20/30 EN | 27 MIT

Shiro smiles, this smile for the fact that she was drawing the elf’s attention. So she is nice after all. Damn I can’t get a read on her. He jumps towards the elf and lands on one foot, driving his spear through the enemy’s chest. He quickly pulls the spear out and pushes the elf away with a small kick. He walks back next to the girl who had hit the tree. “Next time aim for his side.” He whispers in her ear from behind as he moves around the battle. Hopefully he misses this attack. I don’t want her to get hurt. He watches as the elf runs towards the girl. Sh*t. The boy begins to run towards the elf, but the elf slips in the mud and falls just short of the girl. Shiro has been to close to stop, so he dives over the elf and rolls to his feet.

ID: 108284

BD: 8

hit

10 - 2 = 8 HP

MD: 3

Miss

Huginn: 20/20 HP | 1/2 EN | 2 DMG | 1 PARA

Jinx: 300/300 HP | 20/30 EN | 27 MIT

Elf: 8/12 HP | 9 DMG

@Jinx

Edited by Huginn