[F6-SP] Facing My Demons (Calming The Soul)

Spoiler

<<Calming the Soul>>

This quest takes place on Floor 6

This quest is not repeatable

92U01UV.jpg

A mysterious waterfall, named The Waterfall of the Sage, is said to call players to it, giving them a feeling of complete relaxation upon arriving. Several flat topped rocks lay in front of the waterfall as seats for all who wish to attempt and understand the waterfall's secrets. It is said that occasionally one will open their eyes to find themselves in empty space, sometimes its an endless white space, or a never ending pitch black void, or even an endless field of flowers as it depends on how player's inner self is built. Here one's deepest thoughts can be heard echoing in the distance. A shadow like being with the appearance of a featureless human being appearing. Its size and shape similar to that of the one lucky enough to venture into the empty space, it simply points at you as a bright and disturbingly large smile appears on upon what seems to be its face.

Here four doors present themselves behind the shadow like creature, each one custom made to the player in design possibly depicting a symbol or image with significance to them. The figure lowers its hand and signals the player to enter the doors at their own pace. Upon choosing a door you  must face your inner demons and prove your might, each demon proving more difficult than the one before. When entering the doors an entirely new room is found, each one's layout depending on the demon being faced. After a demon is defeated the player will exit the room and can rest before engaging the next one, if you are incapable of continuing however your mind will begin to unravel and your fears will cast you out of the space and back into reality causing the quest to fail. Failing will not only cost you the rewards but can even cost a person's mind, or at the very least part of it.

Requirements:

-At least one [1] Page (21 or more posts)

-This RP must be a Solo

-You must meditate and face your deepest nightmares (Defeat all <Inner Demon(s)>)

-You must post all current equipped gear/overall stats/skills&mods/battle ready inventory in your first post of the thread. You may not switch gear throughout the thread.

Inner Demons Information:

<<First Inner Demon>> is a single time spawning Quest Mob.
HP: 1/4 of the Player's HP
Damage per Attack: 1/4 of the Player's Max Damage (Max Damage = Base Damage x Highest available Sword Art without use of Buffs) 
Mitigation: 1/4 of the Player's Base Damage (Base Damage = 1 Base + Weapon Rank + Weapon Damage Enhancement + Mod)

<<Second Inner Demon>> is a single time spawning Quest Mob.
HP: 1/3 of the Player's HP
Damage per Attack: 1/3 of the Player's Max Damage (Max Damage = Base Damage x Highest available Sword Art without use of Buffs) 
Mitigation: 1/3 of the Player's Base Damage (Base Damage = 1 Base + Weapon Rank + Weapon Damage Enhancement + Mod)

<<Third Inner Demon>> is a single time spawning Quest Mob.
HP: 1/2 of the Player's HP
Damage per Attack: 1/2 of the Player's Max Damage (Max Damage = Base Damage x Highest available Sword Art without use of Buffs) 
Mitigation: 1/2 of the Player's Base Damage (Base Damage = 1 Base + Weapon Rank + Weapon Damage Enhancement + Mod)

<<Final Inner Demon>> is a single time spawning Quest Mob.
HP: 3/4 of the Player's HP
Damage per Attack: 3/4 of the Player's Max Damage (Max Damage = Base Damage x Highest available Sword Art without use of Buffs) 
Mitigation: 3/4 of the Player's Base Damage (Base Damage = 1 Base + Weapon Rank + Weapon Damage Enhancement + Mod)

Rewards:

1. You will be gifted the Extra Skill <<Meditation>>.

1. Spoiler

Meditation: (Extra Skill)

5 Ranks

Post Action

Effect:

Recover X Energy on natural CD rolls of 10+ (X=Rank Level)

Description: Recover small amounts of energy in battle. The amount recovered is X. Not affected by Combat craft enhancement.

Quest: Calming the Soul

2. 2 Skill Points

A week ago, Saphira had visited the sixth floor to search there for some materials she could use for salves, but she wasn't as lucky as she hoped to be while the searching. Before she had left the floor she had visited a tavern to get something to eat. Inside the building, which was made out of stone bricks and jungle wood, she heared a group of players talk about a waterfall, the waterfall of the Sage. She heared, that it was an relaxing and calming place. Since some time she felt kinda unsettled and in her dreams she remembered the past more often then usual, she thought, if the calming atmosphere of the waterfall could help her get ride of her disturbance.
Back at home Saphira still thought about what she did heared in the tavern, the story about the waterfall didn't let go of her and today she decided to visit the place to find out, if the rumors she did heared were true.

- Equipment -

Spoiler

Name: Frozen Death

Item Type: dagger
Tier: 1

Quality: perfect

Enhancements: Damage (2), Bleed (1)

Description: An dagger made from the elemental core of an ice elemental, the hilt is wrapped with leather, so the user won't lose his fingers to freezer burn.

Post Link: Post
a0b30cd4ab1a23629825c03ac8052aa9.jpg

Name: Embrace of Darkness

Your Profession: Tailor

Your Rank: Rank 4

ID: 82408

Roll: 12

Item Type: Light Armour (female)
Tier: 1

Enhancements: Damage Mitigation (2 = -18 DMG), Evasion (1 = -1 MD)

Description: Dark leather armour for a female character, is crafted from multiple leather parts, so one stays agile.

Post Link: Post
f9317bc0e318067d7be9c347bb8f73d4.jpg

Name: Dragon's Eye
Profession: Artisan
ID:  84284
Roll: 12
Item Type: lucky charm
Tier: T1
Enhancements: Accuracy (3)
Description: A black necklace with links, that are about 3cm big. The pendant looks like a dragons eye, made from a red gemstone.

- Vanity Stuff -

Spoiler

Name: Raven Wings

Item Type: Clothing
Tier: Tier 1

Quality: good

Enhancements: none

Description: A wing made from black fabric, that imitates the look of black feathers. If one runs with it the cloak flies behind one, looking like wings.

- Stats -

Spoiler

Level: 14

Saphira: 280/280 HP | 28/28 EN | MIT 18 | EVA 1 | ACC 3 | DMG 7 (4 Rank, 1 Base, 2 Dagger)

Bleed 1 -> on Battle 9-10 deal (12 * Tier) unmitigated bleed damage each enemy turn for 2 turns.

- Skills -

Spoiler

Dagger Rank 4

RANK 1
Armor Pierce - 1x1 - (1 Energy) - A standard thrust with the dagger.
Side Bite - 2x1 - Stun - (5 Energy) - Two quick forward slashes.

Rank 2

• [x3] Tri Pierce (3 Energy) - Stab target three times, slashing diagonally to cause a triangle effect on each one
  • [x4] Fad Edge (4 Energy) - The user swiftly strikes the opponent with four thrusts in brisk succession.

Rank 3

• [x5] Infinite (5 Energy) - The user makes an infinity symbol on the target's body by making five angular slashes
  • [x6] Shadow Stitch (6 Energy) - Strike along opponents body, slashing as if invisible, opening stitching wounds.
  • [x6 MA Stun] Sonic Resonance (9 Energy) - A reverse-grip slash angled across the target's chest, followed by a concussive spinning high kick to the target's head that stuns them.

Rank 4

• [x7] Starlight Slash (6 Energy) - Leap over target, blade shimmering in the light as if light by moonlight, before slashing target from above.
  • [x8] Cross Edge (7 Energy) - The user makes an X pattern on the enemies chest with two quick slashes.

Edited by Saphira

Saphira walked through the jungle, careful looking around, she saw strange plants, plants she never had seen before the same with the animals, she already knew some of the butterflies and other ones but on her way she saw so many creatures she never had seen or heared of. Before she had strart her way to the "Waterfall of the Sage" she had asked a NPC who lived here to tell her the way. He wasn't really to tell her the complete way, he never had been there himself, but the part he did know was enough for Saphira to find it. As she reached the big, mushroom looking like rock on a small clearing she already was able to hear the waterfall, now a little bit unsure about it she continued her way, she wasn't sure what would await her at the waterfall. Saphira shoved a branch with big, dark-green leaves out of her way and was now able to see the place where the waterfall was. The big waterfall ended in a small lakein front of the waterfall, close to water's edge were several, flat rocks which looked like seats. Slowly she came closer to one of the seat like looking stones and took a seat. The sound of the falling water really was relaxing, Saphira remembered, that meditate at places like this help to clear the mind and kinda were able to find one self, so she closed her eyes.

Just a short moment after Saphira had closed her eyes, the warmth of the jungle was gone and the whole atmosphere had changed, a cold breeze did make her shudder and slowly she opened her eyes again. Saphira found herself on a wide meadow with knee high, dark green grass, in front of her, on the horizon, she saw a blood red full moon rise, the sky was red, violet and dark blue to black. Saphira stood in the shine of the big red moon, her skin seemed to be pale red. The new environment was strange, but it also calmed her a little bit - Is this, how my inner self looks like? - she thought, but even if she only had thought this, she heared the words, spoken with her own voice in an upcoming breeze - That's actually kinda strange - "Kinda strange" whispered the wind like an echo back. As Saphira looked once more around to find out, if she was alone she saw a shadow. The shadow seemed to rise out of the ground and from it's shape it was similar to Saphira's - Who or what are you? - Saphira asked the shadow creature.

- Saphira's inner self -

Spoiler

image.jpeg.849c66f1c18a734a16a44a5f4539f550.jpeg

Edited by Saphira
  • 2 weeks later...

Careful and slowly Saphira came a few steps closer to the shadow like creature. Two red points appeared in what seemed to be it's face, they looked like eyes. - Who are you? - Saphira asked again and looked at it. A thin, red line appeared in it's face, like a evil looking mouth and soon after that, it answered her question - I am you. - it said simply - How could this thing be me? - she thought and heared her thoughts in the wind around her. The shadow Saphira smiled as she heared the thoughts - I am your dark side, as long as you hate someone I grow stronger and stronger, and one day, I will be strong enough to get out of here, and then it's me who will decide what to do... - Saphira wasn't sure what the shadow meant at all with that, but it won't be something good, like a statue she stood there and watched it. - Will you fight me now to get out of here? - Saphira asked unsure what it could answer and unsure, what she should do. The red smile turned into a laughing mouth - No, I won't fight you, I am not the type for fighting. No, there are some other guys who want to see you and maybe you have to fight them... -

Saphira stumbled a few steps backwards, away from the shadow like creature, she didn't like the look on it's face it was filled with something evil, a absurd humor and the wish to hurt someone or something. She looked around to check if there just appeared something that wanted to hurt or kill her, but there was nothing beside her and the shadow. - What do you mean with that? - the shadow had stopped laughing and after a moment the red smile was back, it looked still evil and it made Saphira shudder once more. - You will meet your inner demons, your little friends, that lived your whole live next to you and they want to get out of here as well, it's lonely here, we want to play a little bit, but you don't want us to play... - The shadow looked now angry and Saphira felt something she hadn't felt in a long time. - Come closer - said the shadow - I want to show you something... - slowly Saphira came closer. The shadow turned around and pointed at the meadow. The shadows at the place seemed to rise and get darker, they start to form a wall, high enough to reach over Saphira's head, then the shadows disappeared and left four doors. - You will meet them all separate, just choose a door, It's up to you who you want to meet first. - it told her and looked her straight in the face - I will wait here, I wish you sweet suffering, he he he. -

• 1 month later...

Saphira felt her fear following her like a shadow as she walked over to the left of the four doors - There is nothing you need to be scared of - she thought and cringed as she heared the could, cutting laugh of the shadow - Of course there is something you should be scared of, please be scared, entertain me... - she took a deep breath and begun to build up her mental walls as good as possible, she tried to cut herself off from the feelings and opened the door.
Saphira wasn't able to see, how big the room actually was, everything, the walls, the ground and the ceiling looked like shattered dark glass which reflected light, even if Saphira wasn't able to see, where the little light came from. In the middle of the room, or at least she thought so, Saphira saw a small kid with short, black hair and ripped clothes. Saphira felt a strange feeling inside of herself as she looked in the lonely, nearly dead looking green eyes, her eyes. Under her clothes, at the place of her heart something starts to move and after a short moment, something brake thought her chest and grew to the size of a human, a grey figure looked with black eyes at Saphira, it looked like it was crying black tears and in a silent scream it opened it's mouth. Just looking at it made Saphira feel lonely - Leave me alone! - she heared a voice screaming, the thing closed its mouth - Leave or be alone with me! -

First Inner Demon:

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.8c180813e8163a4651df2851defe2ee0.jpeg

Environment:

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.02f7efcebc6b4bbe507cbc8247e4642d.jpeg

• 4 months later...

Saphira felt like frozen, the creature continued growing, as it was three heads bigger then Saphira it stopped growing - Everybody left me alone - the creature cried and black tears hit the ground and with a loud, cracking sound another crack appeared somewhere in the walls. The little child was now gone and Saphira was alone with the crying demon. - You hurt me, you left me, they ALL left me.. - it screamed and jumped at Saphira. She tried to jump back, out of the range of this manifest nightmare, but she was to slow, it's claws scratched over her chest, luckily it wasn't strong enough to deal much damage through her armour. Quickly she turned back at it and slashed with her dagger over the side of the monster, it screamed and more black tears started to roll down his face - You hurt me! And it makes me angry, so angry and so sad that you really hurt me...AGAIN! - it turned it's face at her, his eyes filled with hate and loneliness.

Spoiler

Attack Roll
ID# 120546
BD: 9 + 3 ---> success (used attack skill: infinite) ---> infinite (x5, 5 en) 5 x 7 = 35 - 5 = 30 DMG to demon
MD: 8 ---> success ---> 14 - 18 = 1 DMG to Saphira

- Stats -
Saphira: 279/280 HP | 23/28 EN | MIT 18 | EVA 1 | ACC 3 | DMG 7
First inner Demon:  40/70 HP | MIT 5 | DMG 14

Edited by Saphira

- When did I hurt you? I've never met you before - Saphira asked as she made another step out if it's range. The creature cried loud and more tears hit the ground - They are just like you, they don't remember...they don't remember what they did to me, they all left me alone...and from all the other ones you were the one I trust the most, but you put me in this room, ALONE! Just by myself, just because you didn't want to feel it anymore, you left me and tossed me in the trash! - howling it jumped again at her, aiming once more for her chest, the place where her hart was. But this time she was prepared. As the demon jumped at her she let him come closer and as he was in her range she slashed through his stomache, black blood splashed out of the wound and howling it scratched once more over Saphira's chest, gladly still unable to deal much damage. Panting she jumped once more out of the range.

Spoiler

Attack Roll
ID# 120550
BD: 4 + 3 ---> success (used attack skill: infinite) ---> infinite (x5, 5 en) 5 x 7 = 35 - 5 = 30 DMG to demon
MD: 8 ---> success ---> 14 - 18 = 1 DMG to Saphira

- Stats -
Saphira: 278/280 HP | 23/28 EN | MIT 18 | EVA 1 | ACC 3 | DMG 7
First inner Demon:  10/70 HP | MIT 5 | DMG 14

Edited by Saphira