[F1-PP] Please Just End These <<The Third Lesson, Is Just As Free>>

Symphony left the shop of Lyle Tealeaf and headed out to find the artisan named Hannah. Cloak, her raven familiar, flew overhead, searching for the grove in the city where Hannah was supposed to be. After a few minutes of searching, Cloak gave out a caw over a large tree in a grove. Ah, this must be it, Symphony thought to herself as she jogged over to the area. Underneath the tree that Cloak had spotted, she saw a woman painting a picture of a dragon over a broken castle. This must be the artisan. 

Symphony smiled and introduced herself, saying, "Hi, my name is Symphony. I was sent here by Lyle to give you some items that you needed." She handed the woman the package, which the woman opened, revealing a shiny gold band. 

The NPC then introduced herself. "I'm Hannah, and thank you very much for bringing this to me. I needed this band to create an enchanted ring. Though it seems like I'm still short on materials." The woman frowned and then looked up at Symphony. "Gee, you don't think you would be able to fetch some materials for me real quick, do you?" 

Symphony smiled and said, "Of course I would love to help!" I just hope this mission is a lot more fun than Lyle's, she thought to herself. 

The NPC smiles and replies, "I need you to find gemstone in a nearby cave. Here, I'll draw a map for you." She took out a piece of paper and drew a small map for Symphony to follow to the hidden cave. She then gave it to Symphony, who looked at it and tried her best to make out what everything meant. She was absolutely horrible with maps and directions. 

"Thank you!" she told the kind woman and then headed out to find the cave.

Cloak soared above her as they walked out of the safe zone and into the wilderness surrounding the zone. She headed down a path immediately to her right once out of the gate and followed it to a clearing with a rock wall at the end of it. "Huh, this is strange..." she thought aloud, trying to find an entrance to a hidden cave. After a little while of looking around, she found a button in the rock, which she pressed. Immediately, a door in the rock opened to her right, and she went inside the cave. 

As soon as she stepped in, the door closed behind her and she was trapped in the dark cave with the only source of light coming from cracks in the ceiling. "Well, it seems like we have to be extra careful in here, Cloak," she said to her companion. The darkness would take down accuracy down a bit. However, that did not deter her or slow her down. 

She decided to search the right side of the cave, and after searching for a little while, she found the shiny gem behind some ruble. She whistled to Cloak, who quickly flew over to see what his partner had found. "Look at this, Cloak! I found the gem! See, it wasn't too hard." Cloak cawed happily and nuzzled Symphony's face. She gave him a good pet as she tucked the gem into a leather pouch hanging on her belt. "Though now, the real question is how do we get out of here?" Right after she spoke, she saw a giant lump move a few feet away from her. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 116184
LD: 20 (found it)

1/1 gem found

Edited by Symphony

It turns out that that lump she had disregarded as ruble before was actually the Cave Guardian. And it also turns out that he was guarding that gem. "Oh [censored]," Symphony said as the beast rose up in front of her. It had the physique of a bat, but just at a scale of 20 times the normal size of one. Standing between 8 and 10 feet tall, the giant bat towered over her. 

However, Symphony knew that the beast had a fraction of health and power compared to her. This should be easy, she thought as she charged up her sword art, the blade of her dagger glowing a bright blue in the darkness of the cave. She quickly dodged around the beast, stabbing into its sides three times, and finally coming down on the beasts skull with her fourth strike. The beast immediately burst into millions of pixels as she leaped to the ground. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 116186
BD: 8 - 7 = success
Fad edge: 6 * 4 = 24 DMG

MD: 5 (fail)

Symphony: 200/200 HP | 16/20 EN | 6 DMG | 9-10 PLYZ | +5 REGEN | -1 ACC

vs. 

The Cave Guardian: 0/20 HP | 50/5 DMG 

Sword Arts

Rank 1

• [x2 Stun] Side Bite (5 Energy) - Stab your opponent in both sides, pincing nerves, stunning opponent.
  • [x2] Round Accel (2 Energy) - Dash around target at high speeds, delivering two slash/stabs into target.

Rank 2

• [x3] Tri Pierce (3 Energy) - Stab target three times, slashing diagonally to cause a triangle effect on each one
  • [x4] Fad Edge (4 Energy) - The user swiftly strikes the opponent with four thrusts in brisk succession.

1/1 gem found
1/1 cave guardian defeated

Edited by Symphony

Immediately after killing the cave guardian, the cave door opened again. "Hey, looks like we're allowed to leave again!" Symphony exclaimed. She raced for the entrance, afraid it might close again after a certain period of time. Right after she and Cloak exited the cave entrance, it shut closed behind them, hiding its secrets until another player came to find them. "Woah, that's pretty cool..." Symphony thought aloud. 

Once they were safe outside of the cave, Symphony looked at the clock at her display. Only about an hour had passed since they had left Hannah, so she decided she had some time to look for materials for her tailor work. "Come on, Cloak," she called to the bird. "Let's go find some materials." Cloak cawed and followed after her. He would willing follow his partner to the end of the world and back if that's what she desired. He was a very loyal and caring familiar. 

Not too long after searching the area nearby for materials, she found a group of purple daisies which could be used for dying leather and cloths. She carefully put the flowers in the leather pouch at her side and checked to make sure that Cloak was still nearby. When she was sure he was safe, she sat down and took out a ham sandwich from her inventory. The sandwich was made of sourdough bread, freshly cut ham, swiss cheese, with a nice mayo spread on both slices of bread. The mayo was what threw everything together in her mind. She rested against a tree and began to eat the sandwich, sighing happily as she did so. Cloak fluttered to the ground and cawed for a piece, so she grabbed another slice of ham out of her inventory and threw it up into the air for him to catch. He happily caught the piece of meat and brought it down to the ground, where he tore it into tinier pieces that he gobbled up. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 116187
LD: 20

1 T1 Material found

Edited by Symphony

While eating her sandwich, Symphony noticed a hive in the tree above her. The hive seemed to be abandoned for the time beings, so she decided to try her luck with harvesting any of the honey. Putting the rest of her sandwich in her inventory, she got up and climbed the trunk of the tree to get to the bee hive about 10 feet off of the ground. After hitting it down with her dagger, the bee hive fell and broke open on the ground. Luckily, she was right about the hive being abandoned, so no bees burst out when the hive broke open. She quickly dropped to the ground and began to harvest the honey. When mixed properly with other ingredients, it would become a sort of glue to hold her leather together. Once finished collecting the honey in a jar, she put the jar in her inventory and took the rest of her ham sandwich back out. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 116200
LD: 16 (success!)

2 T1 Materials

Edited by Symphony

Symphony walked around the clearing while chewing her ham sandwich, looking for more materials but finding none. Once she had finished the sandwich, she took out some dessert from her inventory. The dessert was a plate of velvety chocolate cake with a nice chocolate glaze on top of it and chocolate mouse filling. She sat down against a tree in the shade and dug into the slice of cake. It tasted heavenly and melted apart in her mouth. Sighing happily, she relished every bite of the dish. The cake she had made by herself, and it seems like she had finally perfected the recipe. She used to make this type of dessert back home with her mother during special occasions or when Symphony was depressed. Her mother always made it the best. Symphony sighed and finished the cake, smiling sadly at memories of her mother. She missed her mother and father, and she hoped they were still in good health. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 116201 
LD: 1 (fail)

2 T1 materials

Edited by Symphony

Once Symphony had finished her dessert, she leaned back against the tree and picked her teeth with a toothpick. She looked to her right and saw a pile of feathers. Huh, must be a loot drop from a dead bird or something, she thought to herself as she gathered the feathers and put them in the leather pouch hanging at her side. The feathers would look lovely when attacked to a gown or perhaps some mystic armor. She would have to design a new armor or bit of clothing to use them in when she got back to her shop. She might even make a customer armor for herself if her time and materials allowed. She imagined she would look absolutely stunning in the armor. And with her raven companion at her side, they would match quite well. The thought of her companion reminded her to check and see where he was. He was just sitting in a tree to her right grooming. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 116202
LD: 16 (success!)

3 T1 Materials found

Edited by Symphony

Symphony got up once she had rested for a little bit and began to look around for more materials. However, after about 10 minutes of searching, she had found nothing and had decided to give up in this area. She called to Cloak to follow her, and they traveled about a quarter of a mile until they reached an area surrounded by thick brush and shrubbery. She decided to rest here for a little bit and see if she couldn't find anything. 

She sat down against a tree and decided to take a break. Pulling out a knife and a small piece of wood, she began to carve and cut the wood into the rough outline of a raven. Then she set to work detailing the head and the eyes, the hardest part for her. Once she had gotten the general head shape carved, she moved onto the body and the wings. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 116203
LD: 2

3 T1 Materials

Edited by Symphony

Symphony put the unfinished carving back in her inventory and looked around some more for materials. After finding nothing, she took the carving back out and began to add detail to the feathers and wings on the figurine. Cloak hopped onto Symphony's shoulder and looked curiously at what she was doing. "I'm carving a small figurine of you, Cloak," she said to the curious bird. Cloak cawed happily, he seemed to like it. "I'm glad you like it, haha." She laughed and tucked the figurine back into her inventory. "Though I think I'll finish it later when I have more time to concentrate and nothing else to do." She smiled and pet her familiar, who cooed at the loving touch. 

Symphony then remembered that she had to go pick up her finished instruments from the music maker's shop. "Come on, Cloak! We have to go back into town to pick up my violin and viola!" 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 116204
LD: 2

3 T1 Materials

Edited by Symphony

On the way back to the city, Symphony did her best to search for materials while walking on the trails, but she found nothing. She just shrugged it off, she had found enough already. On her way back, she looked up and saw a V of geese on their way back towards a well-known pond in the area. She smiled, hoping that they were all healthy and well. Geese could be fierce towards strangers, but they were very kind and caring to their own flock. And their little babies were so fluffy and cute. Maybe they were visiting the pond to roost for a while and raise hatchlings. She would visit the flock and see if they did have any young ones and nests. If they did, then she would make sure to drop off food and materials for their nests within the next week or so. She would love to see some new fluffy babies as well. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 116213
LD: 3 fail

3 T1 materials

Edited by Symphony

As Symphony entered the town, she waved hi to the guards and then headed over to the bakery for a snack. The baker had just brought out fresh breads and pastries to put in his window display. She quickly looked at them and went inside, ordering a cream cheese pastry. Walking out of the shop while munching on the pastry, she began to walk over towards the music shop. Along the way, she walked by the blacksmith and tailor, waving to them from outside.

The music shop had a plain wooden sign displaying its name. It looked like a small house or NPC building if you didn't look close enough. In fact, she hadn't realized it was even a shop until another player had pointed it out to her. She stepped into the shop. It smelled like sawdust and fresh varnish inside. She walked over to the counter and dinged a bell to let the owner know she was there. 

The older gentleman NPC who owned the shop quickly came over to the counter. He was wearing a varnish-stained, off-white apron and held two cases in his hand, one noticeably larger than the other. "Ah, yes. I was waiting for you! I just finished the violin this morning," the man said to Symphony while he laid the the two cases on the counter. 

"Thank you very much!" Symphony replied. "Um, would you mind if I tested them out real quick? Just to make sure that everything is to my liking?" she asked. 

"Of course! Go right on ahead," he replied, happy to hear the music of a customer using his own crafts. 

Symphony first took out the violin. It was made of a light cedar wood with a thin fingerboard and matching light-weight bow. She placed a piece of folded cloth on her left shoulder to act as a shoulder rest and put the violin on it. Next, she placed the bow on the string and began to play a few basic scales. 

She was a bit rusty, so the notes were not perfectly in tune at first. And since the instrument was new, the strings kept slipping, so she had to keep re-tuning. But after a couple of minutes of warming up and fine-tuning the instrument, she felt she was able to finally play something. So she began to play the violin solo for Vivaldi's Four Seasons: Summer. She happily played the rushing notes and melodies, the bow bouncing across the string precisely and flowing wonderfully. The build and wood of the violin allowed the sound to resonate sweetly and brightly. It was absolutely gorgeous. Once Symphony had finished playing, the shop owner clapped and laughed with glee. "It has been a while since my ears have heard a violin that happy," he said, a smile spread across his face. Symphony politely bowed and said, "Thank you. And your craftsmanship is absolutely wonderful. I haven't heard a violin this clear and bright in a very long while." 

She gently put the violin back into the case and covered it with a protective cloth. Then she secured the bow in the bow-holder portion of the case. After she shut the instrument away securely, she turned to the case with the viola. She slowly opened it and her breath was taken away. The wood was stained a dark red, and it was made of redwood, a wood she had never tried nor heard before. The bow was a nice burgundy color made from the same tree. It had a good weight to it, like a viola bow should. She closed her eyes and put the instrument onto her shoulder, placing the bow on the string. She warmed up with it, enjoying the warm, deep sound of the viola. Once both she and the instrument were warmed up, she played Brahm's first Viola Sonata, the notes coming off the string sweetly and with true emotion. Tears ran down her face as she played, overcome by emotions. When she opened her eyes, she looked over at the instrument maker. "Thank you so much, sir. This means the world to me." 

The instrument maker had tears in his eyes, too. "It has been a very long time since I have seen someone connect to their instrument that well. You were a musician, weren't you?" he asked. 

"Yes," was all Symphony said. 

The man smiled and watched as she carefully packed the instrument and the bow back into the case. She then put both items carefully into her inventory and thanked the kind man once again. She waved goodbye as she stepped out of his shop and headed back over to Hannah. Her mind was busy buzzing with ideas of what to do with her instruments next. She would go back to that shop again soon to buy some sheet music or composition paper for composing her own viola and violin pieces. Her heart was warm and happy. She felt like she had finally found a long lost friend. It felt good. 

After leaving the music shop, she hurried on over to Hannah, who was still drawing underneath the same tree. "Hey, Hannah!" Symphony called as she ran up to the woman. "I found the gem you asked for. Turns out it was guarded by a large cave guardian." 

Hannah's eyes widened. "Oh, no!" she said. "I hope you didn't get hurt or anything horrible. And thank you for bringing back the gem!"

Symphony smiled. "It was no problem for me. I didn't take any damage really." Then she took the gem out of her pocket and handed it over to Hannah. "It's quite a pretty piece. I'm sure that whatever you make with it will be absolutely stunning. 

Hannah thanked her and took the gemstone, adding it to the gold band to create a stunning ring. She smiled at Symphony. "And here is your payment!" She pulled out a silver-banded ring with a sapphire gem embedded in the band. 

The ring had an enhancement of +1 accuracy. Symphony grateful took the payment and put it on her finger. It fit perfectly. "Thank you so much, Hannah!" she said to the kind woman. 

"It looks wonderful on you," Hannah replied, beaming at her hard work. "Oh, but I also ask another favor. Would you be willing to deliver a package to a fisherman nearby? His name is Ol' Pete and he usually fishes at a giant pond nearby during the day." 

"Of course," Symphony said, smiling. Silently in her head, she thought, I just hope that mission doesn't take too long either. Hannah smiled and marked the destination of the lake on Symphony's map. Symphony thanked the woman and then went on her merry way, back towards the tavern for a nice meal and then some rest. 

Cloak cawed happily as they headed back towards the tavern, their home for the time being. He knew it was his dinner time as well. 

Item received: 
Lucky <<T1 Uncommon Ring>>
Enhancement: +1 ACC

Edited by Symphony

Before Symphony headed down for dinner at the bar, she went up to her room and filled Cloak's bull with some seeds and vegetables for dinner. She placed the bowl in his cage and gave him a good pet on the head, leaving him to eat in peace. Then she headed back down to the main area of the tavern and took a seat at a nice table in a corner. She let a waitress take her order. For tonight, she ordered a roasted chicken with steamed green beans and mashed potatoes. She took out a book to read as she waited on her order, sipping a glass of water as she read. Once her food was ready, the waitress brought it over, fresh and still steaming. She thanked the kind woman and ate her meal with one hand while holding the book with the other and reading. She sighed happily. The food was always fresh and delicious here. When she finally got out of this stupid game, she might actually miss The Cozy Tavern and their food.