[SP/F17] <<Challenge of Olympus>>

Alec stared straight faced at the God of the Forge refusing to bite at the others attempt to rile him up. Alec knew what he was here for and why. Now he just had to prove it. So as Alec entered Hephestus's forge he spoke calmly and evenly. "No thank you. I'm perfectly ready to begin this challenge if you are." The large man stated calmly. " I'm here to honor my mentor Macradon and to represent his forge the Blazing Typhoon."

The God of the Forge sneered slightly as he eyed the smaller man up and down. "Very well! Let the challenge comense! You have twenty four hours to complete your weapon and present it. BEGIN!!" The oversized man, god, bellowed as he turned back to his forge and began to work. Alec calmy walked over and opened his inventory removing his Obsidian Anvil from his inventory and placing it on the floor of the forge. The anvil had been an apprenticeship gift from his mentor and it would help Alex channel his mentor during the creation process.

Edited by Alec

Alec looked through the various hammers and tools taking a few test swings off his Obsidian Anvil to get their feel and their measure. Once he had all the tools he was going to use Alec carefully took the <<Essence of Moon>> from his inventory and placed it within the forge to begin heating as he took the ivory Bull Mammoths tusk from his inventory and began to carve and shape it into a cross hilt and pommel. The going was slow as the large man took the time to intricately carve a scene into the bone depicting the moon in a crescent shape along with various star constellations. The Big Dipper, Orion, Scorpio, Taurus Alec carved those and many more into the pommel before carving out the center of the cross guard pommel and affixing a onyx into the center of the cross guard and a moon stone to the tip of the pommel.

Edited by Alec

As Alec finished carving the pommel and cross guard he stepped over to the forge and removed the white hot glowing Essence of Moon and brought it over to his Obsidian Anvil where he began working the Material. Alec had never worked on a substance such as this. The material was unbelievably strong and required numerous reheatings before it began  to take shape the day stretched on mid day began to turn to mid afternoon as the large man continued to work. Alec was so engrossed in his work he never even noticed when Hephestus stopped working and began to move closer watching the heavily muscled man lost in his work as he pounded endlessly on the white glowing Material till it began to shift more to a dull white before he placed it back into the forge to heat again. Still Alec worked his Essence hammering and reheating as mid afternoon turned into evening.

As evening turned into the dead of night still Alec worked the Essence until finally under the light of the full moon Alec swung his hammer for the last time as the longsword blade took shape. The blade was near three feet in length with a razor sharp double sided blade with derp blood grove down the center if both sides. Alec quickly quenched the blade in a barrel of oil before removing it and setting the sharpen the edges with a diamond file by the light of the full moon. As the moon light shine upon the oiled blade the material began to glow with a soft inner moon light of its own. After some many hours the sun began to rise and Alec made his final preparations securing the hand carved ivory pommel and cross guard to the now softly glowing double edged blade. As the heavily muscled and now sweaty and exhausted man finished lovingly wiping the blade with a soft towel he turned and started as Hephestus stood immense and hovering over him.

Hephestus God of the Forge quietly reached his hand out and held it open until Alec equally quietly turned the sword around and placed the ivory pommel in the god's hand. Hephestus stepped away turning his back to Alec as he walked the length of the forge holding the sword almost reverently. As he walked away Alec quietly packed up his obsidian anvil and stood quietly awaiting the God of the Forge's words. Hephestus finally reached the end of his forge and by the light of the rising sun he raised the blade up and beheld a brilliant flash of light as pure refined moon light met that of pure first rays of blinding sunlight. Both man and God blinked and held up the hands in a feeble attempt to stave off the blinding flash. As the sun crested the horizon Hephestus turned and stared awe struck at the large human standing before him within his forge.

"Never in all my life." The God of the Forge began in his deep voice. "Have I beheld a blade of such magnificence. Did you actually mange to create refined moon light which you then forged into a blade of pure moonlight?" The God Hephestus asked awe struck.

Alec nodded and in a his deep baritone rumble of a voice responded. "Yes Sir I did."

"That is truly amazing! Never befire have I seen such a craft performed. I had never even thought it possible the God of the Forge stated awestruck as his gaze dropped to the blade and allowed his eyes to caress the edges and line. "I have seen enough." Hephestus boomed. "Never have a seen a creation of such pure see inspiring beauty and lethal efficiency wrapped into one creation. This weapon most assuredly belongs in hands of Selene. For surely no other could wield it's awesome might. Please mortal take my hammer as a sign of your victory to show others of your mastery of Blacksmithing." The god Hephestus said as he held forth his crafting hammer to Alec.

Edited by Alec

Alec nodded his head to the massively muscled God of the Forge accepting the mighty crafting hammer "I thank you Lord Hephestus. I griaciously accept and will take this prize home to my mentor as a badge of honor. Please give my regards to the Goddess of the Moon and my best wishes for the for the use of her new blade. If it's fine by you I'll take my leave and return to my home as there is much I still need to do to prepare myself for the future and the trials and tribulations I have ahead off me there." The large man offered as he received a nod of assent from the God of the Forge as he continued to stare enamored at the blade of pure moon light turning away and walking towards the balcony and calling to Selene. Alec quietly made his way back to the First Floor and his mentors shop to inform his mentor of the good need and shoe his mentor his reward for defeating the God of the Forge.