[F1-PP] <<The First Few Lessons Are Free>>

Despite spending a majority of life supporting others Aurelius had recognized and accepted the concept of never receiving anything in return. Sword Art Online reinforced this selfless yet harmful ideology by confining the boy in an unforgiving world where he was quickly forgotten. A stubbornness deep within prevented progression among the rest of the players who either gathered their weapons and ran into the unknown or formed communities based on collective hard work. Aurelius’s inability to take a path from his own set ways proved a fatal flaw. Eventually, however, he was destined to succumb to a stretched-out stubbornness overpowered by his ever-growing desire to help those in need. Observant and selfless and, indeed, a truly good person at heart, Aurelius discovered an available stepping stone towards progress to properly kick-start his new goals. Goals defined by a heavy, empathetic heart as worth pursuing now that mentally, emotionally, and morally the boy had prepared himself for a new life. An entirely new world.

Applying himself as a spear-wield would soon show up on a long checklist of things to accomplish throughout adjustment to Sword Art Online’s world: his intimidating, temporary home. Yet to hold a weapon hardly fit Aurelius’s starting agenda (or comfort). Therefore, the boy opted to instead partake in a quest specified for beginners. Imagination fueled his inner-enthusiasm with idealistic thoughts surrounding turning life’s purpose back into what he’d been raised to provide: genuine love and nurture. Though his concentration on such a purpose turned into a burden in real life Aurelius understood that he had to carry on. To forget the past that haunted him. In conjunction with forgetting the mistakes his parents made because he wasn’t going to forget they’d also ignited a passion that, currently, led him to a quest in the Town of Beginnings. 

Surely Aurelius - with an attentive mind - should’ve been well-acquainted with the First Floor in its entirety. Gazing around with uncertainty the boy realized, with a faint yet deep sense of shame, he held far less knowledge than one would expect. Especially considering the amount of time players have had to explore their newfound lives. The feeling most definitely wouldn’t be enough to muddle strong determination, though, and immediately his focus shifted to scouting for another person to ask. Another person who happened to share his own feelings towards the unfamiliarity of what should be familiar or who could navigate with ease in comparison to his mere ability of wandering around until reaching the correct destination. In brown hair and wide eyes Aurelius found the latter version, or so he believed. Ever the observant type Aurelius trusted his gut and trusted her openness that radiated from afar.

Carefully, he made haste over to opportunity in the form of someone who seemed as if she knew - or would be willing to offer - how to help. Suspicious in hunched posture, long frame, and tousled hair: Aurelius’s appearance provided no benefit in immediate outside support from others. Aside from deep, blue eyes providing a small sort of insight into the kindness he had to offer to the world should it let him. A visible softness - one he remembered his mothers admired from a young age - would certainly seem, to any outsider, the only reason worth trusting Aurelius without knowing his intentions, or name.

“Mind if I ask a question?”

Thin fingers ran through black-white hair, pulling back the thick locks that’d concealed his bright expression. “I’m pretty lost, and to be honest you looked like a person who wouldn’t run away if I asked for help. At least not yet.” he smiled and peered into the other player’s eyes - almost exactly leveled with his own - in attempts to lighten a mood that could go wrong or right. This depended on the person. Though he remained optimistic and an inner enthusiasm prevented any determination within to be muddled so quickly even if things ended up not turning out as planned.

Pausing, allowing the situation to gather in the girl’s mind, he would continue to explain his situation before prompted to do so - as not to waste a stranger’s valuable time. “I’ve been wanting to try out a beginner quest on this floor. Heard about it awhile ago but I’ve finally gathered the guts to go for it. I’m pretty sure it’s material collecting for an NPC whose workshop is around here somewhere. But I could use some assistance in figuring out where "somewhere" is… if that makes any sense.” 

@Athena @Dederick

The children, ever persistent in their morning mumble and jumbles of nothingness. Anything that eased their minds in this game of death that brought terror down on anyone that didn't have the mental capacity of a wise man or woman. That was what Athena did, spending each and every day that came as the sun rose up into the sky, with the children on floor one. She was their adoptive mother, the caring figure that watched over them and protected them. She gave them a place to sleep, rest and a place to eat.. While the others on the front lines did all of the work. Breakfast was over, not long after Athena had gotten lost in her own thoughts. The imaginative world that she knew and loved. 

It was time to walk the streets, looking for things to do for a little bit of extra col. Looking for children or people that seemed like they needed a place to go. All of the usual things that Athena did on a very regular basis. This was her life, and she loved it with every ounce of her body, spirit and mind. It was not long, as the sun continued to slowly climb its way into the sky that a soft voice appeared out of nowhere. Her eyes had been doing a very casual sweep of the first floor, not quite wanting to dabble into work. But still keeping her ever so keen eyes out for any sort of indicator that she would be useful somewhere.

This voice, had been her saving grace. "Mind if I ask a question?" Athena glanced towards the source of the graceful voice, her eyes landing on a boy. His eyes, deep and true. Understanding, yet they seemed to held a curiosity for things unknown to himself. The very eyes of a man whom wanted help, someone who could be welcome and trusted. His own eyes a window to his kind and compassionate soul. Athena smiled at the male figure, "Of course, what's the question?" She listened, her voice only stirring as she breathed.

His question seemed to tie to being lost, something which made Athena's personality and interest spike. She was good at finding things, and she was good at making the lost feel found and safe. His optimism shining through as he cracked a joke. The light laugh protruding through Athena's partially open lips, the sound caressing the street as she laid her hand across her stomach. "I could definitely help with that!" Athena would be of use yet. "If this quest that you are wanting to do, is as I remember, I can definitely be of assistance. My name is Athena!" She held out her hand.

Relief loosened the amount of tension holding together Aurelius’s frame. The welcoming hand brought a sense of happiness to his softened heart. It could’ve gone wrong, but his imagined idea of a stranger from nothing but observation of appearance ended up correct. This pleased him, and he graciously accepted the handshake with a bit of an enthusiastic pep. 

“I'm Aurelius. ‘A’ names are in good taste if I do say so myself,” curled lips and bright eyes were enough to show that Athena had, indeed, made his day. A day with darkness surrounding the reasoning for lifting himself from the hole of depression, but one that could go well. Aurelius convinced himself of this. Enthusiasm always ripped through stubbornness, and sensitivity - at least it could after some time. Some time that the boy had been waiting for, for a very long time. 

Athena represented his own personal escape, as did the quest. They would complete it together. Or so he hoped because a lack of knowledge put Aurelius down on a lower peg that presented issues conflicting with inner desires of perfectionism. 

“You can lead the way, then,” he motioned for the girl to begin walking, and he would follow behind. Like an obedient puppy merely pleased to have someone trustworthy in control. “I’m glad you accepted me so quickly. I apologize if you were busy today or in the middle of something…” he trailed off, wondering if she felt alright. Wondering if she would be bothered by his interaction. 

Aurelius knew that Athena presented a bubbly persona, but felt compelled to apologize regardless of reality. Avoiding confrontation involved the idea of also avoiding intruding on the life of another person. Natural sensitivity plagued his mind positively at times though it could lead to Aurelius’s overbearing need to indirectly ask for forgiveness if he felt useless. And he felt useless. So, to make up for this lack of using an inexhaustible source of generosity, the boy explained himself through soft-spoken “sorry” and “excuse me” and “is there anything I can do”’s whenever needed. Even if absolutely not required.

“But, maybe we were actually meant to meet so we could keep each other company for a little bit?” he shrugged, playing off his comment more so as a joke than a question. Though Aurelius garnered emotional connection to others rather quickly and believed this to an extent.
”I definitely wouldn’t mind if you needed to join in on the quest with me. If you haven’t already completed it, of course.”

Edited by Aurelius

The atmosphere between the two was nothing but pure and it was filled by a warm and tingling expression or feeling of positivity. The handshake was occuring as Athena observed Aurelius' eyes giving off the exact same twinkling state that the children had when they felt genuinley happy. More or so when Athena brought them gifts from other floors. 

"A names are definitely one of the better names you could have chosen upon entering this game." She approved of his own comment by making one of her own. Her expression never changing from the wide smile and big bright eyes that lined her features. The only alteration that was occuring was the soft laugh that escaped between her parted lips before she returned to her wide smile. A gentle nod, before taking the lead graced Athena's head. Her hair moving slightly by the activity of her body. That very nod was enough for Athena to have made the non verbal communicative statement of agreeing to take the lead while still being polite.

The next words that were spoken, an apology followed by a retort that was most likely made to express the apology as a joke. However, Athena was one to study body movement and although most people acted differently than her children, Aurelius was one who seemed to react in the same positive ways as the children she cared for here on the first floor. Athena had begun to walk towards the designated area, "Honestly, don't worry about it Aure. I literslly have time to do anything, my entire goal is to help people that need help. Let me tell you a bit about what i've been doing. Alongside of Seoul i've been managing the church here on the first floor. We turned it into an orphanage where we provide food and shelter and love to the children that are in this game that have no one to stay besides. My entire goal everyday is to go out and find those to help, or procure supplies or money for our organization. Coming here soon, we expect to turn it into a guild you know. Maybe you'd be okay with joining." Athena felt content with the answer she had returned to Aurelius as she continued to walk down the path. Athena had started this quest many times, but had never finished it. However that was not something she would say. As it might lose her some credibility for knowing about things around here. "Let's get this quest going and complete. I'll work alongside you~" She turned her head as she spoke, her thumb sticking up in the air as she grinned lopsidedly.