[SP-F1] Searching and Seclusion {Nature's Treasure}

"Luckily if I'm by myself no one will see me searching in the... dirt." He groaned quietly and walked out of the town. He hated doing things in the outdoors even during the best of temperatures. Luckily for him, everything was virtual and the dirt he might collect does not really exist. "I barely even know what I'm looking for. All I know is that I'm looking for... Materials. God why wasn't there a supplement book for me to purchase to give me some inside-info. Most games have it." He grumbled softly to himself as he walked around the plains outside the town. His small explorations outside of the city gave him a vague sense of what is around the city. But still, he didn't know everything. Okay... should I look in the forest? They have mushrooms and stuff like that... Oh god mushrooms. Kill me. He made his way towards the forested area. His eyes fell upon a highly vegetated area. He wandered towards it and saw two icons blinking, alerting him to the materials in the vicinity. "Maybe I'll be done faster than I thought."

ID: 153436  LD: 16 [2 Mats]

Mats: 2

Stats

Spoiler

Level 1

H: 20 E: 2 Damage Base: 2 (With Rapier)
Rapier: Paralyze, Bleed

Edited by Adeux

He smiled to himself, a bit proud of being able to find a material so quickly, let alone two. Okay.. Okay this shouldn't be as bad as I thought. I can kind of just keep going till I want to go away. So this is less work and more fun! Just got to keep thinking like that so the menial work doesn't turn me into a blue collar man. He shivered at the thought as he continued to look around the vegetated area. "I wonder what mom and dad are up to. Hope they are handling my accounts well. I have quite a few and dad is getting a little too old to have all of that stress put upon him. Mom hopefully will be helping too." His thoughts trailed off as he continued to look, his musing about the real world causing him to feel slightly depressed. He quickly shook it off and continued to focus on the task at hand. "Okay.... where are you materials." His eyes instantly fell upon 2 more materials. He smiled and picked them up. "I think I'm pretty good at this. I should gather more often.

ID: 153438  LD: 17 [2 Mats]

Mats: 4

Edited by Adeux

He placed the other two materials into his inventory and smiled, giving a slight sigh of relief knowing that he was actually progressing things well enough that his shop in the future will be well stocked. God I hope I don't have to do this all the time.... I probably will though and that is not going to be fun. He chuckled lightly to his inner thoughts and continued to search around for things that he might need. He realized after a bit of searching that the type of area that he was in was a [Garden], a location that had more materials than usual. "Huh, my lucky day huh. This may become a frequent spot for me... Hope no one sees me. Not like anyone would know me... but just in case." He groaned a bit at the thought and continued to search through the garden area. He was hoping for another set of two materials, bringing the total to 6. Wish and you shall receive apparently. He reached down to pick up two more items. Why is this so easy?

ID: 153440  LD: 15 {2 Mats}

Mats: 6

Edited by Adeux

"Okay, so what should my plans be for the future? Open the winery, get some friends in the higher-up businesses. I may never front line but I will hopefully get to know some people who do. Join a guild and hopefully become their resident cook. Start 'treasure hunting' as some individuals label it. Make sure to work closely with a merchant, it's going to be difficult to pay for all the appraisals some of the loot I find will need." He felt his heart starting to beat faster as he planned out some of his next steps. This is the part of the business he loved almost more than the money in it. He loved planning and creating a system that would benefit the company, and himself, greatly. "But first things first. I need to start creating some items and figure out the economy in the area. I don't know the market value for most goods. Or what goods are the best to make." He thought out-loud to himself as he continued to search. His mental wandering only led him to one material, but luckily he needed as many as he could get.

ID: 153461 LD: 6 {1 Mat}

Mats: 7

Edited by Adeux

"Hmm What should I start making first? Like what type of wine... Depends on if there are different types of grapes in the game. Well to be fair I'm assuming it can kind of be whatever the hell I want it to be. So that shouldn't be too terrible. Maybe start with a white wine? Yeah that was my first big sale anyways. Start with white, do some reds, and make some more Rose after a while. I could create specialty ones for like the seasons. Something like a blueberry wine, or a cherry wine." His face looked like he was a kid in a candy store. His mind was racing a mile a minute as he began to plot what he was going to create. "My first couple creations should probably be based upon what I need because my skills wont be high enough to create useful items for the front liners. Maybe some items to increase my gathering ability. And also some small combat items so I can start getting creatures to fight. Speaking of combat... that should be interesting." He absent-mindedly picked up the item while he was lost in his own little world.

ID: 153473 LD: 4 {1 Mat}

Mats: 8

Edited by Adeux

"Combat is going to be interesting that's for sure. I'm not going to be dedicated to fighting probably so it's going to be tough in order to survive when I'm trying to get anything from monsters, or even go into a dungeon. Hmm... Maybe I could possibly join a guild soon. Start adventuring with the guild and get my combat skills and practice up so I know what in the hell I'm doing. Could exchange training for goods. Or maybe they would train me just to train me to be nice." He shrugged to himself and looked around the garden area. He had to admit it to himself, the area was very picture-esque. "Maybe gathering these myself wont be that bad. I'll be able to make sure they are actually good quality at least." He chuckled to himself and continued to search. Hoping to get to double digits soon. Luckily he got there. he smiled and pocketed them.

ID: 153475 LD: 15 {2 Mats}

Mats: 10

Editing.

Edited by Adeux

He began to look around a bit at the items and floral/fauna around him, not sure where to look next. "In terms of enchantments, I don't think I'm going to do a lot of loot items, mostly because that is going to be more of a 'me' thing, and I want to focus on the items people want the most. I think I've heard about familiars and I think I will create some items to help me get a familiar, but who knows how long that will take... or what I'd even want to use for a familiar. I heard they can help you get materials, so I think I may go for that specifically. Other than that.... Hmm, maybe I'll get a bird. I never had a pet growing up though, so I could go for whatever I'd want. Maybe a... no not a penguin. That'll take a bit to think about. Would need a classy animal. Like a raven, owl, or an eagle. Birds I feel like would be good gathers. Yeah, this should work well." His constant ramblings to himself continued. He picked a stray leaf and smiled to himself, getting closer to what he thinks is a good days work.

ID: 153479 LD: 8 {1 Mat}

Mats: 11

Edited by Adeux

"A raven would be so beautiful. What would I name it though? I have no idea what the best name for such a Raven would be. I shouldn't get attached to it though, after all it could die... right? Can familiars die? I don't even know for sure now that I think of it. Anyways... a name. Hmm, Coal could be cool. Raisic? Close to raisin." He laughed a bit at that comment, one of the few times he laughed since he was in this game. "Yeah, Raisic the Raven. Oh wait, what floor should I have my winery? I could have it on... floor 3? It has some mountains and some plains, the tone would work well with it. And I'll have to think of decor." Adeux's mind devolved into interior design as he busied himself with searching for materials. He didn't know for sure how long he was going to be out hunting for stuff, but he was actually enjoying himself. Mind numbing work while he planned.

ID: 153481 LD: 14 {1 Mat}

Mats: 12

Edited by Adeux

"Maybe a more Boston style. I'm used to it after all, and there's no reason to mess with that perfection. Okay, yeah this plan is really starting to come together. Shop on floor three, raven familiar. Maybe I'll join the guild that Mari told me about yesterday. Probably should be careful about Zandra apparently, but beyond her it sounds like something I'd be interested in. I am interested in Jacob's Ladder just a bit, possibly because they have higher levels and it would be nice to have that protection and information at the ready." He shrugged again, looking up at the sky, which had a few clouds going across the sky. "Hmm... I wonder what I'm going to do in my free time. I can only do so much crafting and gathering. Maybe... Maybe I could actually try combat? It would be nice to go back to the real world with actually some sort of combat skill. Maybe I could train people in sword fighting after we get out..."

ID: 153483 LD: 4 {1 Mat}

Mats: 13

Edited by Adeux

"What would I even do for combat? I don't think DPS or Tanking is more my speed. I think I'll primarily be a gatherer, not really in the mood to fight. People can do that for me." He laughed a bit at that comment, thinking of home. "But I will definitely have to fight at some moment. So what would I do? Probably do things to not be touched. I could go for things like accuracy and evasion. Focus less on big blows and more so being hit less. I could definitely use this sword I have with paralyze on it. I think I would want to make it a bit easier to proc. But other than that, I'll need some evasion equipment, and something to help me find items. And of course skills will definitely help me out with all of this." Strangely enough, something within him was getting excited about combat and his possible build.

ID: 153486 LD: 8 {1 Mat}

Mats: 14

Edited by Adeux

"Maybe I could try to get closer to Mari. She was a bit... off. But nevertheless she is very strong and capable in terms of protecting herself. Her guild is apart of bringing others up and getting them to be stronger. They could possibly have some better items for me to use and protection when I have to do combat quests. I can't really play the 'innocent dumbfounded student' with her because she realized I was acting dumb in order to get pity and more information out of her. Hmm, I'm not sure what to really do about guilds just yet. I haven't meet anyone from the trading guild so I have no idea if it would really be beneficial for me to join them." His out-loud thoughts continued to wander around in topics as he wandered around in the garden area. He leaned down to pluck a strawberry off a plant, the HUD screen recognizing it as a material. "I'm at 15, wow this is starting to get pretty easy."

ID: 153521 LD: 10 {1 Mat}

Mats: 15

Edited by Adeux

"I wonder if I'll meet anyone like me... I did not know many in the real world. Mostly if I met anyone who was like me, they were only through a business deal. Or they were pretentious assholes who only really cared about themselves and their 'brand'. I never realized how difficult dating and even having a community could be. I've never really had a drive to have that sort of relationship. But it does hurt sometimes knowing that I may not be the lucky guy on someones arm... Well they would be the lucky one to be on my arm. No, I don't need anyone like that in my life. I'm perfectly fine. At least not right now anyways, I have to much going in my life to be distracted by other people right now. Besides, why would I let my first relationship be in a game where we can't even physically touch."

ID: 153701 LD: 7 {1 Mat}

Mats: 16

ID: 156394: LD: 8 {1 Mat}

Mats: 16

Edited by Adeux

"What even is my type of guy? I actually have never fully looked into what my interest are in that category. Or if I would even want to have a relationship. But my type of guy.... Would be business professional, but allowing himself moments of emotional vulnerability. Tall, probably at least a little muscular. Other than that... I don't think I would really care. I would hope he is funny, I haven't met many people that can actually make me laugh. Or if they could they were gone in a few days off on business or on their way home from business. But.. that can't really happen here. You can't pop between continent after continent. You're stuck here, solidified in your one area. It makes taking the economy over a lot easier. But also just makes life so much easier."

ID: 153824 LD: 13 {1 Mat}

Mats: 17

Edited by Adeux

"What floor should I really focus on? I primarily focus on floor 3 just because that is going to be where my shop is. But should that be my base of operations? I do want to get a house some time in the future, so should I really set up my shop close to my house or pick a more scenic area for my house... Hmm, I'm not sure. Definitely going to get a big house though. Probably not gothic style, many people probably have already ran that to death. Maybe I could do a french grape field style? Large, open rooms, large fields. I'd like to have a basement, but a french country style could be nice. Who knows, I may like it better than my real house.... Yeah no I'm not going to. I much rather my real house, that's for sure."

ID: 153827 LD: 10 {1 Mat}

Mats: 18

ID: 156395 LD: 5 {1 Mat}

Mats: 18

Edited by Adeux

"I wonder what has changed in the real world. Dad has probably used my being locked in this game as either a charity fundraiser or a marketing tactic to get to people's hearts. Not to say he doesn't care, but he is definitely a master at figuring out how to open peoples check books and get their credit cards out. Mom is probably doing better. Considering how long it has been since I've been gone, she probably has gotten used to not having me around. Besides, she has her gardening empire she is creating, that's probably taking up much of her time. I wonder what she is growing, it was a small business when I was there, less than 1 Mil a year in revenue. God dad did not want her to start that, he didn't want to loose money. Luckily we weren't at the time, but not making a lot more than even every time though. I bet she has grown it, she is sweet and can get on people's good sides fairly easily."

ID: 156396 LD: 6 {1 Mat}

Mats: 19

ID: 156396 LD: 3 {1 Mat}

Mats: 19

Edited by Adeux

"I wonder what it would have been like if I had a sister or a brother. Being an only child really did have its perks though. I kind of got everything and anything I wanted. Like this hell-hole of a game and the damned equipment that brought me here." He chuckled lightly and picked up another material, noticing that he was now at 20. "Damn, time really does fly. But I'm not even having much fun." That was partially true, but being able to talk out loud to himself about what his ideas were and even talk about himself was actually enjoyable to him. "I wonder what a sibling would have actually been like. I would hope they wouldn't have been rude. Also, I hope they wouldn't be like me in the business. I don't share the spotlight and I would hate to push a sibling out of the family business...."

ID: 153870 LD: 2 {1 Mat} 

Mats: 20

ID: 156397 LD: 2 {1 Mat}

Mats: 20

Edited by Adeux

"There we go, it's been a while since I was getting more than one at a time." He scooped up two smaller rocks and placed them into his inventory. "Okay, back on topic. I think I could have done well with a sibling. I have no idea why my parents decided to stop after me. I mean you can't mess with perfection, but someone else to bounce ideas off of and have company with would have been beneficial. Besides, maybe I could have convinced my parents to get a dog when I was younger. They just would not listen to my whining." He laughed a bit and looked up at the sky. He had spent a decent amount of his day just wandering in this garden area and taking in the scenery. "I definitely need to come out here more often, it's a gold mind."

ID: 153874 LD: 18 {2 Mats}

Mats: 22

Edited by Adeux

"Well it was a gold mine while the brief moment lasted. I do have a lot of good material though. I'm definitely going to be making this a regular thing. I can't usually get experience the conventional way because my build wont be combat focused for a while. But, this is definitely a nice way to grind out levels while also enjoying the scenery. I understand why my mother loved gardening so much, it was calming and enjoyable to just be with nature... Okay but back to business. I need to figure out the best way to make contacts with people and get a hold of them. I can start looking in guilds, but that could take a long time in order to figure out who's in what guild and how I can get a hold of them. Maybe I could start putting things on the town board? That's what I did when I found Mari and hey, it definitely worked some how!"

ID: 153875 LD: 11 {1 Mat}

Mats: 22

Edited by Adeux

But in any case, I don't think finding people will be too terrible, possibly just a bit annoying. Which, I have dealt with far worse things in the past so things like networking are definitely in my wheel house. I know Mari said her guild kind of just throws things they find useless into the guild storage, so maybe I could start looking there for items, if I get in that is. I don't think she even knows that I am interested, she just knows that I'm possibly looking at the ATP in order to jump on the economical front... Is the economy the best way for me to go in order to get a name for myself here? Combat definitely is not my strong suit, but maybe political relations between guilds? I could raise myself up through a guild in order to get a bigger name for myself? Maybe?"

ID: 153960 LD: 1 {1 Mat}

Mats: 23

Edited by Adeux

His thoughts wondered on guilds for a moment, but he quickly shook it away. "I did my best work by myself, I don't need some organization in order to get the wealth and power that I want. It's going to be a bit difficult that's for sure, but I'd rather do it my way than owe someone a favor or credit for getting me this far. Well, whatever I decide, I think I'll decide that as I head back to town. I have a large amount of materials so I think I'll be okay for right now. Besides, I can always do this again... It was sort of fun I think, in the more working type of fun that I experienced while I was back home. I wonder what my home will be like when all of this is said and done... I hope I still have a place at work.. I don't think I'm that replaceable."

ID: 154706 LD: 1 {1 Mat}

Mats: 24

Edited by Adeux