[SP-F1] And This Is Where It All Started...

Her eyes would open, to find herself gazing up at a bright blue sky which painted the horizon. That was the first thing she had seen since logging into the game, and entering Aincrad for the first time. Her current position, laying sprawled on the ground. "So, is this what Aincrad is supposed to be?" The teenagers blue eyes would scan the area around her. The first thing she had noticed, other than the blinding sun, was all the voices that filled the atmosphere. Loud, disturbingly loud. The girl would cringe in response, looking down at cold bricks which her hands were placed on. Without another second to spare, she'd pick herself off the ground before jumping in shock momentarily. Just how did this game even register all her movements, so naturally even? The girl would take a moment to identify her surroundings. It resembled, what did it resemble? It reminded her of a medieval town settlement. Large yet simple buildings were here and there, small little shops with signs hung in front of their doorsteps. Every now and then, the girl would glance at a few vendors carts, with loads and loads of player lined up to purchase something. Speaking of the players, they took on a heroic attire, clad in heavy armor and clothing that you'd find in a fairytale storybook. Yes, as a side comment, female characters were cluttering the street, it made her draw a confused look at it all. But what did she look like again? Come to think of it, she had yet to figure out this thing called 'Aincrad' or whatever even. Was this game even worth sneaking into her room when big bro wasn't around?

She recalled reading over the game's mechanics and functions a while back, so she still new some things about this world. However, there were still some things that were incomprehensible in her eyes. With a sigh, the girl would lift her hand for a brief moment, signaling her user control panel to pop up in front of her. "Really, a pop up thing?! This is so cool, I've gotta admit that at least... let's see what all these gray circle things do, hmm?" Her eyes would scan the welcoming screen, which had her username in a bright bold green, <<Maki>>. Yes, it was her real first name, since she had really lacked the creative mind when signing up. All she had wanted to do was find out why in the world this was so intriguing for her elder brother. But maybe, she could see why. "I mean... this world could be a great form of escapism, so I can see why he loves it so much. Mom and dad are religious freaks - maybe this would be a way of 'slamming the doors on them'." Maki would trail off, noticing a stray strand of her snow white hair which hindered her sight. Next up after her username, was her level. "L-Level one. I suppose the main objective is to raise that level, eh?" After that, followed a weird terminology titled HP. "Five, out of five. Wait a minute, I think I should have went over the combat tutorials in that handbook. I should have a spare copy laying around here somewhere. If I could just find it and take a quick look, I'll be set. And dinner's at seven, I've got a good hour and a half to waste around here. Gotta track that time too... ugh."

Maki tapped on an icon from the far left, which opened up an inventories tab on her pop up screen. She could see a few categories of items, neatly separated in different tabs. One for all of the items combined, another for tops, bottom wear, coats, armor, weaponry, the list just went on. But everything was already in front of her, on the 'all' tabs button. A starter pack for rookies of the game. A good quantity of basic loaf bread, some bottles of water, and that was about it for the edible goodies. "Okay seriously. We payed big bucks for this crap and all you're gonna give us is water and bread?! Really Argus?!" the girl tapped her foot in response, shaking her head slightly as she'd continue down the list of her inventories. Next was a basic silver curved sword, which was yet to have been equipped. Maki was taking some time to scroll down the weapon specialties on the registration screen. Swords wasn't her thing, or even all those battle axes and spears. But the idea of a pirate came into mind when her eyes would stop at a curved sword skill. And there she was, with that in her weapons list. Next was her starters clothing, because nobody liked to walk around with nothing on. Unless - well a majority of the human population to correct that. There was a simple green dress in her inventories tab. Right beside it was a thin white dress shirt, a dark onyx bowtie, some long socks, and heavy duty black combat boots. Don't forget that black headband with a big bow on top. She didn't exactly know what she was stepping into, so her starters clothing choice was unique compared to the others. It made her feel underdressed, compared to them...