PP-F1 A legitamate Buisness [Earning a Living Quest] With Astra

Aramail woke from her sleep. She didn't recognize the place, and remembered that she was at an Orphanage. She sat up, rubbing her eyes. As if to remove the sleep from them. She walked over to the window, and drew the blinds. The sun hadn't completely rose, but the town was lit. The rubbed the back of her neck, and rubbed her stomach. Both were sore from her fight from yesterday, but all of her wounds had seemed to heal completely. Good thing about SAO. In the real world, those wounds would've been fatal. Aramail remembered who she was here with. A man named Astra. Today the pair were to go to town, and find a profession for herself. Fully dressed, Aramail made the bed she slept in and unlocked the door. She sat down on the foot of the bed, and awaited for Astra to come and say that it was time to go. Last thing she wanted to do now, was run into someone and have to talk with them. Or at least, scare one of the children who were sadly stuck here in the Orphanage.

Edited by Aramail

Snoring and loudly in fact, Astra was asleep on the couch in a sprawled out manner. His body was elongated on the furniture, one hand on his chest, the other propped on one of the modestly decorated couch cushion. One leg was straight and propped up on another couch cushion, while the other leg was seemingly falling off the couch. Astraeus moved very little while he slept, but his snores could be heard around the small little Orphanage and that usually meant people waking up early to bang on his door to wake him up. However, instead of coming from his door, the origin of his snores were coming from downstairs on the couch. Six children had woken up and ran down the stairs to wake him up, but they stopped at the entrance leaning out to see if he was still snoring.

"Oh no. Astra's on the couch again...He must have been drinking last night."

"Again? That's the third time this week... I get dibs on making the mustache on his face this time."

"No fair!" one child complained and they ran towards the couch starring at Astra and watched him snore. One child leaned over and pinched his nose, the Traveling Performer honked instead of snored and shot awake with blood shot eyes. "LITTLE CHILDREN!!!" he roared in a more masculine voice than he normally used, the children did nothing but laugh, "Yay! He's awake!"

Astraeus yawned, his body feeling groggy as he stood up, stretched and yawned widely. He pat the children on the head, "Is Danielle awake?"

"I am and breakfast is almost done. Come children, wash up and sit down."

"Fantastic. Astra stretched once more raising his hands to the sky and allowed them to fall naturally at his side. Rubbing his shoulder, he made the walk upstairs. He had not forgot his little canary. Bringing his fist up, he knocked twice on the door, "Rise and shine, Little Flower. Time to start the day!"

Edited by Astraeus

Aramail heard the yell and got to her feet quickly. She calmed as she leaned on the door, and could faintly hear the conversation downstairs. She took a few steps back, as she heard footsteps coming up the stairs. She opened the door after hearing a few knocks, glad to see Astra there. "Good morning." She said, greeting Astra. "I take it you slept well." She inquired, following Astra down the stairs. She could hear the patter-patter of footsteps on the first floor. "It seems you're popular here." Aramail said, referencing his outburst.

"Slept well...Yes, well, as well and as comfortable a couch can be," he said as they both landed on the last step. Astraeus and Aramail had walked towards the kitchen, "Are you hungry? You will stay to have breakfast with us." It wasn't a question, more like a demand as Astra pulled out a chair for his lovely companion. The food was spread out evenly on the kitchen table. The children sat around kicking their feet under the table as they filled their mouths with food. Astra leaned over to Aramail and whispered in her ear, "Don't be shy about eating as much as you want. On occasion I help hunt for some food materials for Danielle who has been helping me look after the children here. We all work in synergy with one another." 

"Oh Danielle, you are magnificent! This looks great, thank you for cooking for us again." Astraeus removed the gloves from his hands out of pure respect for the food. His manicured nails vibrant and polished for being a male character. His eyes were happy as he ate the food on his plate. He looked to Aramail, she seemed...more vibrant, cleaner. Yes, indeed. She did ask to know where she could bathe, more than likely she took a bath last night which would be the reason why she looked so radiant now. Huh? He didn't do that often, sure there was the lovely female here and there but his thoughts were mostly preoccupied on other things. But right now, he was thinking too much of this woman. He scoffed inwardly and ate his food some more...but he would slowly chew his food every now and then and be in deep thought.

"That is right, you were searching for a Profession Quest, were you not? I don't mind helping out in your adventure today should you be wanting some company. I have little else to do..."

"Oooh! Astra! Bring me home a present!"

"Me too!!" the others shouted.

Astra's look was a deep frown, "Maybe I shall tell you all the story of Zatara when I get back."   

Aramail followed Astra, actually a bit hungry. Breakfast sounded like a good idea, so she willingly followed. Aramail rolled her eyes as she took a seat, that was pulled out by Astra. As she sat down, a plate was given to her. The person she assumed as Danielle, smiled at her. Aramail gave a polite smile back and ate quietly. She looked up from her plate, and saw that Astra was staring at her. She smiled, and gave him a fun wink. He was nice with the children it seemed, and it showed when he gave out the agenda for the day. Aramail smiled, and spoke. "Or perhaps I could find something. I remember when I was a child, I preferred toys to stories." Aramail said, placing more food in her mouth. Then again, as a child she didn't have toys, instead she had a semi-abusive father who demanded respect in his home. She sighed, before speaking. "However, perhaps I will make them endure your story, before awarding them presents." She said, giving a short laugh.

Astra swallowed, "I will have you know I am a very good story teller, isn't that right children?"

"Boring."

"Over exaggerated."

"Dry."

"Sometimes too long..." Danielle said chiming in.

Astra's lips curled into something of a squiggle, he was down right dumbfounded by their responses. Perhaps it took an imaginative adult mind to enjoy his plots and stories, "Well, there you have it." he said pointing a fork, "These little demons wont get any bed time stories from me for now on." They cheered and then giggled afterwards and Astra shrugged, "Is this what you teach these kids when I am not here, Danielle?" She laughed while taking the plates, "Go play outside now, everyone. Make sure you are back by noon!"  The children were already outside the door before she even finished.

"Yes! Well! Shall we be off, Aramail? The day is bright and new, the birds are chirping! The sun is calling our names! Up! Up! Let's go!"

He got up from his seat, Danielle throwing a nice smile to them both as he opened the door, "Ladies first! Besides, I am following you. I have not a clue where we are going, besides knowing perhaps the Shop District."

Aramail giggled softly. She stood up, and thanked Danielle for breakfast. She stood up, and pushed her chair in before following Astra outside. Aramail stretched her arms to the sky, as the sun warmed her skin. She pulled up her map, and took a quick look at the icons. "Good news. Found a quest giver." Aramail said. "Better news is, he's in the bad part of town." She said, excitedly. "Maybe we'll run into some ruffians, or maybe a few thugs." She said, her smile turning into a beam. "So, let's get going then. Shall we?" She asked, taking her leave. She walked around the town, following her map as well as she could. "It's a nice thing you have." Aramail said to Astra as they walked.

"Bad?" he questioned, there was a slight gulp in his voice, and then she continued on saying ruffians and thugs. There was a slight drop in his charismatic attitude, of course these so called 'ruffians and thugs' were something he could use in the future, but right now...Well, they would be safe in the confines of the city. Nothing bad could really happen. He shrugged thinking inwardly as his palms were faced outward, "Yes, well then. If we are to run into thugs and ruffians, as you put it, I am sure you will give them one hell of a zinger. I'll just stay behind you cheering you on..." he said with a cheery expression, though while she was looking at her menu, Astra was doing the same. He had some unused SP and they were doing no good sitting idle in his level status window. He made use of what he had, deciding that his future run for the Kingdom would take more than just a pretty face. He decided to pick up the weapon proficiency for small weapons such as daggers and knives, they seemed to work well enough for him and his suitable talents akin to a Bard. Along with an extra skill that will help detecting and searching for some loot drops, should they have to do any hunting this would make things a little easier on him at least. 

As he was moving through his menu, he thought he heard her say something, "Hmm? What thing would you be referring to?" he asked.

Aramail turned back, and looked at Astra. "That orphanage." She said. "That's the good I'm talking about. I mean, it looks homey." She explained. "It's something that I wanted as a kid." She said, turning back around throwing her hands over her head resting them on the back of her neck. "I never had that sort of thing as a kid. All I had was discipline, order, and father." She turned, walking backwards. "And I've told you about him." She said, somewhat glumly. She spun back around, focusing her mind on her goal. She took a small pause, and opened her map again. The pair was almost there, a few more turns and down an alley.

Astra flipped his menu out of his way and nodded, "Yes, its a good place to lay my head down I guess. But its only a temporary living arrangement until I can possibly afford a place of my own. I don't need to pay rent there, or pull Col out of my pocket to stay at an Inn every night. And...I don't sleep outside, camping is...kinda gross." he said trailing off.

Aramail seemed to be occupied of thoughts about father and his rules, Astra caught up to the woman and stopped with his hands out, "You know...you and I...we are alike in a way. Rules, discipline and order...That's great and all, but we are free birds to fly wherever we wish to. And right now, we are stuck in a game. The RULES and LAWS of society are no longer in play here..." he got closer to her, very close and, "Introduce a little anarchy, upset the established order and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos. Oh! And you know the thing about chaos? It doesn't give a rats ass what your father might think. So..."

"Let's introduce a little anarchy, shall we...?"

As Astra gave another long winded speech about 'order and chaos', she raised an eyes brow. She sighed, before answering. "It sounds like you aim to rule the world or something." Aramail said, pushing Astra away from her. "But, as 'tempting' as your offer may be. I'm afraid, I'm gonna decline." She said, crossing her arms. "What good would 'causing havoc' do me now? It seems like to much work. I'd rather get a job, and train. Besides, I'm a martial artist. Discipline and controlling myself is what I do." She said. "And that discipline is what's keeping me from throwing you through a wall." She said, her irritation showing. "But hey, keep me posted on the whole, 'taking over the weak' thing of yours. It's healthy to have a hobby." Aramail said, turning on her heel and storming off.  All she wanted was to pass the time, until all of the other 'heroes' took care of the actual game. And to do that, she needed a job. Which provided her with a place to sleep, and the ability to practice her martial arts.

She was silent, for the reminder of the walk to the quest giver. As they approached the alley, there was no one there. Confused Aramail checked her map. "The icon's still here. Perhaps it's glitched? Or he's below us?" She asked, knowing basic video game logic. As she said that, she heard a sliding noise of metal on metal. She quickly turned, startled. There was a metal door, bolted to the side of the concrete. There was no handle on the outside, and only  pair of eyes could be seen through the slot. "Oi! What'ca be wantun den? And Urry ap, I aint got all day, y'know." The voice said, a thick and heavy English accent bleeding through the slot on the door. "I'm looking for work." The man behind the door grumbled something, then the slide shut. Behind the door, various voices could be heard. The slide was thrown open again. "Aight, here's the deal. We've recently 'procured' dese items from people who owe us debt. Take dem down to da market, and bring back at least two of dem voucher things. Then, we can talk more." And the slide was shut again. A bottom hatch of the door was flipped open, and eight glowing yellow crystals were pushed out.

Aramail picked up the crystals, all of which said 'Basic Material'. She looked at Astra. "So, I guess we take this to the market then. And find someone who sells, vouchers." She said, adding the materials to her inventory.

The Performer sighed, there was no hope for this woman after all. He felt like he was being tugged in different directions, what sort of fun was there to be had when just training and doing what everyone else projected on you. Did she honestly think that practicing martial arts here would help her physically in the real world? If they ever finish this game, their bodies would be decaying from malnutrition. There was only so much a hospital feeding tube can do to keep a person a live for so long. It was useless to think of such a thing, especially with people like Astra in this so called game, he would take their hopes and dreams and smash them against the rocks until they were broken from the inside out. He followed Aramail but kept his mouth shut, she too would feel his burning wrath someday. Until then...

"Hrrmm?" A musical tone in his voice as he looked around, at the time of her being startled, the Performer was also put on the defensive when he heard the harsh squeak of the sliding peep hole. There was conversation between the two of them, Astra was standing by leaning against the wall and not really listening to the conversation. He was more or less occupied with his nails than anything else as he rubbed them against his clothes to give them a polished look. But when she said she was looking for work, Astra belted out a fit of laughter, "Said the woman to the creepy man on the other side of the door...hahahaha~" he would probably get punched in the face for that comment, but he could not resist. That was the perfect setting.

"Ahh! The love of fetch quests! What would an MMO be without those? Well then, to the market! You think some of these players do some black market selling? I wouldn't be too surprised, yeah?" Astra pushed off the wall with his delicate hands, and moved along side by side Aramail. Her words earlier were still ringing in his mind. He had trouble reading her and that was a problem for him, maybe she was just a lazy woman. Or perhaps all that she cared about was truly concentrating on her martial arts. In any case...his blue eyes rolled, more mundane work. He had to keep himself entertained.

Aramail talked with Astra as they walked to the market. It wasn't too far of a walk, only a couple of blocks. "It's quite obvious that this is some sort of shady dealings. But if it's run by NPC's, I'm sure the stock isn't quite good, perhaps just some measly potions and some other things." Aramail said. She thought for a second. "But what if it was player run? Perhaps, we should have a bit of Anarchy. I have an idea." She said, almost putting a sleight  skip in her step. "I mean, why work under someone. I want my own business, not working under some jack, who gonna 'flirt' with me. And then promise me promotions, if I go home with the sleazeball. I'm gonna be in charge for once." She turned, meeting Astra's eyes. "I want to be the boss for a change. I'm gonna take their business." She said, reaching the market. "Now, where do we get a voucher?" She asked herself, looking around the market.

Astraeus perked up when he heard her say Anarachy, was he able to finally woo her over to the dark side? He listened to her plan waiting for her chaos impending idea. His eyes lit up and sparkled while listening to her voice, nodding frantically waiting patiently for her to expose her plan to him, "Yes? Yes!?"  he said shaking his head, but there was nothing left to her plot, taking someone elses' business? Ugh..."Wut?" Astra kept his beaming smile and allowed it to slowly fade, was that her plan? Where was the bit of Anarchy and chaos in that? He shrugged inwardly and nodded his head all the same, "I suppose we gotta start somewhere! Oooh how about you intimidate one of the player? I am sure they'll have a plethora of vouchers since they've had their shop for a while. I'll back you up, Goose." he said pointing to her and winking.

Aramail watched as the smile drifted from Astra's face. "Well, what did you have in mind?" She asked him. "I think I can intimidate someone. But, the real method is how." She said, looking around the market area, looking for someone at least advertising the damn things. "I mean, there are several ways of doing so. Some respond to empty threats, and some when you rough up their goods. My favorite is physical harm though. Nothing sends a message like a few broken fingers." She said, a grin on her face appearing. "I've always wanted to hold someone captive before. Or maybe blackmail." She said, letting thoughts run wild. "Say, dumb question. What's a voucher even look like?" She asked Astra, feeling quite dumb at her lack of asking questions.

Astraeus, his darkly side creeping forth and showing, shook his head frantically. Yes! That was the sort of twisted darkness he wanted to see out of the woman, the physical inclination that she wanted to intimidate with pure and undeniable strength and show of power. Pain in this game was real to an extent, however, they were in a crowded area of the market, if they started to make chaos and havoc on some poor and lonely shop keeper, the people would around suspicion and label them in such a way that they may start to gain a bad reputation. If he could procure a few cloaks with heavy set hoods, this plan might actually work.

"We could get some cloaks from a tailor, or perhaps some just really bad quality ones that sell for cheap with some heavy depth in the hood to mask our faces. Then we won't have to worry about our identities and the bad rep if we decide to act on our lust for carnage. As for the vouchers, I believe they are pamphlets that you use to trade in for items. Something like a type of currency, like a money order with a set amount. As to what they look like, well, I don't think shop keepers sell those as they need them for their craft. So they'll be in their inventory. The only way to get those is by getting them to trade you something for those items. However, I doubt they'll give theirs up easily." He believed what he said was to be true, these idiots held onto their materials like their life depended on them. If Astra had the choice and there was a game mechanic involved, he would stealth his movements and pick pocket anyone that he crossed. Alas, this was not in form and they had to do what they could. However, they had plenty of options to go with.

Aramail sat in thought for a moment. "Perhaps, we could employ the 'Good Cop, Bad Cop' strategy." Aramail suggested. remembering how well the strategy worked on TV. "I mean, I think either one of us could be the 'bad cop'. I guess it would also depend on the sexual preference of the target." She added, placing a hand on her chin in thought. "Or we could both be bad guys, and do your plan of disguising our faces." She said,crossing her arms. "You're the smart one, you should come up with a plan." She said, giving up on her ability to come up with a solid plan.

Astra nodded, he felt giddy with anticipation and the cloaks would help allow him to expose himself more freely to his inner demons. He gestured for Aramail to follow him, they had to walk a ways further than their origin to find a Tailor that wouldn't mind selling some raggedy looking cloaks to them with some big hoods. Astra was a given a dark brown, long and tattered cloak. It covered a great deal of his body and his face was disguised by the heavy depth of the hood. Aramail seemed to wear a similar fashioned one. Removing the hood briefly, he looked back at her, "This is going to be so much fun!" he said with almost laughter in his voice. Chaos and mayhem, that was something that was lacking in this peaceful and quaint populace, the excitement was drawing near.

The Traveling Performer and his partner in crime went back to their origin in the market, stalls of all kinds were littered in the streets, Merchants of all kinds pushed their carts and yelled out special deals they had going. There was a chubby individual with red hair that was selling some good quality items, nothing to brag about but he seemed to be out about and with a big smile on his face, "That one! Let's turn that smile upside down. Follow my lead..." like cats stalking their prey, Astra and Aramail made their way slowly to the cart totting merchant, the red haired guy smiled and beamed as the two came close to him. 

"Hey buddy, we are here to procure some of those vouchers. How much are you selling them for?"
"Ugh! Yes! Well, you see. As a merchant, we don't sell those to other players as we use those for our personal use and--"
"I don't think you understand...You see, this one behind me has been in a bad mood all day. How about we trade you for the vouchers? We won't hurt you, and you give them to us..."
"I-I-I'm sorry! But I must decline! I will be on my--"
"Break his hand, Bonnie." 

Aramail couldn't help but giggle. Something about this was just, so much fun. She removed the hood to speak with Astra. "I agree. This is fun." She said, unable to hide her smile. She threw her hood back over her head, and followed behind Astra. Aramail spaced off as they walked, wondering of the things she would get to do. They came up to a plus sized man pushing a cart. His red hair, blowing gently in the breeze. She grinned. "Yes, shall we?" She said, answering Astra. She watched as Astra spoke with the man. She cracked her neck, then her knuckles. "Sure thing Alphie." She said, approaching the ginger man. "Now this will sting after a while. But more importantly. It will hurt a lot." She said, taking the man's hand in her own. Her tight grip restraining him. She placed his pinkie under her thumb, and slowly began to bend it backwards. "You know. If you keep struggling." Aramail began, before hearing a delightful snap. "Oops. Now then, shall we move on?" Aramail asked, removing her hand from the now backwards pinkie.

"Alphie? Ugh! Clyde, woman! Clyde!" She didn't catch the Bonnie and Clyde reference and instead was called Alphie...of all names. He shook his head underneath the massive hood. The ginger was on the ground yelling and barking at the two of them, Astra clamped a hand over the fatties mouth and brought a basic dagger blade up to his neck, "Shh...Quiet you fool, you don't want us to make a bigger scene. Now, how about those vouchers?"

"Scum! Wretches! People will find out--"

"Find out? Hahaha...You stupid fool. No one will know anything...do you know why? Because I know who you are. And I know who your friends are...Sure, we can break your spirit. But how about your friends? The ones you care about...that girl that brings you fresh bread everyday? Hrm, wouldn't want to see her bloody carcass nailed to a cross in the middle of town now would you? We can make your life much more difficult. Now, this is what is going to happen..."

He got up and removed the dagger from the man's throat and released his hold on him. He stepped aside to let the plus sized man take a gander at the peering stare of Astra's partner, "I told you...bad mood. Now if you don't want anything else 'bad' happen...You will drop your vouchers on the ground and allow us to pick them up. We wouldn't want you finding out our true names..."

The ginger scrambled to his feet, nervous and sweat induced as he opened his menu cursing to himself letting his vouchers to fall to the ground from his inventory, "See? Wasn't that easy? It was a pleasure doing business with you. We shall be back later to pick up some more. Come Bonnie, we have what we came for..."