[PP-F1] Seeds of Time (Ryuma & Ayumu) COMPLETE

If you can look into the seeds of time,
And say which grain will grow and which will not,
Speak then to me, who neither beg nor fear
Your favours nor your hate.

- Shakespeare's Macbeth

Ayumu looked out at the landscape before her. Floor 1 of Aincrad: an ocean of grassy fields, valleys, and other breathtaking foliage. Normally, one would find it a comforting, beautiful sight. When the situation involves being stuck in a game where your life hangs in the balance daily, not so much. She slowly stood, still as deep in thought as she was a moment ago. Ayumu was thinking about the future. How long would she stay here? What kind of role would she take here in SAO? Was she making the right actions and choices to affect her future positively? Shaking her head, she finally decided to leave her spot. She was still a level one player, so she reckoned it was time she changed that. With a slow, rather mopey gait, she set her destination to wherever some boars or other creatures were so she could get some combat practice. Drawing her sword from it's sheath, she examined it. When she first created her avatar and logged on, she had no conflict in deciding her weapon. Now it was time to put it to the test.

Edited by Ayumu

Ryuma had been walking around the first floor, still trying to find his way out. He could always just ask somebody where the teleportation gate is located, but he doesn't wish to impose on anyone. After walking around for a couple of minutes, he had decided that it was best to just try and rest a little. He had walked back to one of his favorite locations, the spectacular grassy fields of the first floor, and had noticed that there was someone standing out there. It had been a girl with flowing red hair that nothing could compare to. A small smile had come across his face as he had began to walk towards her. It was kind of difficult for him to continue walking towards her, due to his anxiety, but he would never stop walking forward. From time to time, he would have doubts and wish to turn back, but he had decided to continue onwards and at least introduce himself and form a bond that would allow him to possibly gain a new ally. By the time he had been a foot or two away, he had taken a deep breathe so that he could try and contain his composure without seeming like some kind of fool. He had then exhaled that breath and placed another smile on his face. "H-hi there. I-im Ryuma."

She stopped walking in surprise, turning to the stranger that approached her. Ayumu hadn't seen much around outside of the Town of Beginnings today, so she was rather caught off guard. As she processed what she was going to say, she examined. him from head to toe. Her mouth twitched a little, trying to evaluate what kind of person he was. Then, breaking the rather awkward silence, she greeted him with a smile, 

"Hi...nice to meet you. I'm Ayumu," she slid her sword back into her sheath, "where are you headed to?" She asked with curiosity 

I wonder how experienced he is. She thought to herself. Maybe I could pick up a thing or two from him...

Edited by Ayumu

He had been unsure if she had been scared by how he had just randomly approached her and didnt wish to take the risk of upsetting her. "Im sorry for if I have scared you with how I just kind of appeared out of nowhere… Also, I was just going to take a little rest down on the fields and try and enjoy myself, staring up at the beautiful sky and scenery, but then I had spotted you. I was quite surprised to see someone other than myself in these particular parts of the field so I couldn't help but come and say hello." He had then took a deep bow and politely stated, "It is very nice to meet you Ayuma."

She blinked, rather surprised as she hadn't expected him to be so polite. Her smile grew a little, and she gave a small chuckle. 

"Its fine, you didn't scare me. It was getting kind of lonely out here anyways," then sighing a little, "yeah, same here. Usually its pretty relaxing to just chill out here, but I feel kind of restless today. I was thinking of finding some boars or something and doing a little training...since I pretty much have no combat experience. I'm a low level player as of right now, unfortunately." Ayumu pondered a bit, "say...what level are you? Do you have much combat experience. If so, I could use a few tips."

Edited by Ayumu

Ryuma had laughed a little as he had heard Ayumu ask if he had any combat experience. "Well I am only a level three and have been in about two fights, but I guess you consider that combat experience." He had then opened up his menu and clicked on items. Now clicking on his dagger, an option box pops up in front of him, asking whether to equip, drop or trade. He had pressed equip and the dagger had materialized into his right hand. He had begun to twirl it around a bit before winking at Ayumu, trying to seem impressive. "We can fight some boars right now if you'd like. I can handle myself for the most part, and also take care of you."

"Well, that's more fights than I've experienced - which would be zero," Ayumu shrugged, "and sure, that sounds good. I was planning on fighting boars or whatever I came across anyways today, since I need to get some experience and skill points. I'm trying to level-up as quickly as I can." she explained, watching his dagger twirl. "I'm sure I can take care of myself...but company sounds nice. Even if you are only at level 3, you're bound to help me with something. Its time I start advancing through the floors, and I need to start by training a little down here," she paused for a moment, thinking, "would it be necessary to create a party, or just go?"

Edited by Ayumu

Ryuma had tilted his head to the side as he began to think about how to answer that question. "Weeeell, technically we could just go and there shouldn't be any problems, but I personally believe that it is safer and better for us if we are in a party. It is entirely up to you what you wish for us to do Ayumu. As long as I know your happy with whatever it is that we are doing, then I shall be happy as well."

"Well, safer is better, so that's good enough for me!" Ayumu beamed, then with a swipe of her hand, she opened the menu. As she began to browse and scroll through, she muttered to herself "now, let's see...ah! Here it is!" she found the party option, and sent him the invite. A small screen appeared in front of him. 

Invite

Do you wish to join this party?

O                              X

"Now if you would be so kind..." she smirked, waiting for him to accept.

Finally! She happily thought to herself. Finally I can get started with this whole process. Its about time I do some training and start moving up in levels. Hopefully I can get strong enough soon to finish this game and get back to the real world. I'm ready to do this! I'm sure this will turn out well, and I can get to level 2.

Edited by Ayumu

Ryuma had smiled as he twirled around his wrist for a second before pressing the blue circle, signifying that he is joining her party. A large memo then appease in front of him saying, Party Accepted! He couldn't help but laugh a little before placing his dagger into its sheathe and glancing around the area. "Anywhere in particular you would like to hunt?"

"Nah, it doesn't really matter to me. I'm happy as long as I get some training in and SP. Then again, I'm not really well acquainted with all of the best places to hunt around here. There's fields and fields of foliage and simple beasts. Where do you suggest Ryuma?" Ayumu asked curiously, "and there's mostly boars on this floor, right? I mean, I'm sure there are a few other creatures, like wolves, bears, or something else. For some reason, all I've seen walking around here on this floor is boars. This game sure does like dangerous pigs...they're everywhere!" She couldn't help but laugh a little. For a while she had found it hard to be lighthearted in this place, since the fact that she was being trapped in this game against her will kind of dampened it. Now, she felt like she was starting to recover, and get at least somewhat back to her normal self.

Edited by Ayumu

Ryuma laughed as he had heard her cute statement about the game liking dangerous pigs. "Your adorable. Hahaha!" He had then through his arm into the air ad pointed it backwards towards the open field that contained about three boars in all for now. "That one looks the easiest, so lets start from there and work our way up."

Ayumu nodded, and they both approached the boars. Ayumu deciding to take the first turn, and readied her sword. Looking at the weapon in her hand, she mentally went over the how-to on the combat for this game. Cautiously and rather awkwardly, she approached the boar. It was just standing there, doing boar-stuff. Taking a deep breath, she decided to try a simple Slant Sword Art. She had enough to energy to use it, and it wasn't that hard to execute.

ID# 37403

Battle: 3 (Oh...okay then. :< )

As she was about to swing, she paused, stopping herself. This was her first combat experience...and she wasn't really ready enough. She hadn't really put enough "umph" into this swing she was about to take. A sloppy attack could cost her life if her opponent was able to inflict a good amount of damage. Maybe, she thought, it was best that she watched Ryuma and take example from him. With a small sigh, she stepped back, frowning a little with disappointment.

Edited by Ayumu

Ryuma had placed a hand on Ayumu's shoulder and smiled while drawing his dagger with his spare hand. "It'll be alright, don't worry. I promise, I won't let anything happen to you." He had then rushed towards the boar, attempting to slash it with a quick blow to the head.

(ID: 37404, BD: 8, CD: 2, LD: 18, MD: 8, Ryuma: 13/16, Ayumu: 4/4, Boar: 3/4, EN: 1/2)

As he had rushed forward, he had bashed the hilt of the blade into the center of the boars head. It had staggered back a little as it had been struck, but then became infuriated with Ryuma. It had then charged him and struck him n the gut, pushing him back a few feet and causing him to fall onto his butt. 

Edited by Ryuma_

Ayumu cringed a little as she watched him fall. It would have been a comical sight, falling right on his butt, but he took some damage...and while it wasn't much, losing health in SAO was a little more serious than in other games. With a look of determination, she decided to re-try the attack she was previously planning on excuting: attacking the boar with a Slant Sword Art

ID# 37407

BD: 7 (Yaaas)

Thankfully, she delivered an effective, slanted swipe to the boar. It snorted in surprise and agitation, with what seemed like an angry look in it's beady eyes. The thing then sprung at her, attacking back like any opponent would. Putting all of it's might into it's attack...

MD: 3

the boar missed missed, plopping to the right of her with a muffled thud. The creature flailed comically as it had landed on it's back, desperately trying to get back up on it's feet. She couldn't help but snort a little with amusement as the boar gave frustrated squeals, and thrashing about until the fat thing was able to stand.

Edited by Ayumu

He had smiled as he had seen her stoke the boar so effectively. "Way to go Ayumu! Your doing great!" Seeing as he had known that she could take care of herself pretty well in a fight, he had decided to help out just a little more before stopping. He hopped to his feet and charged towards the boar once more.

(ID: 37408, BD: 2, CD: 9, LD: 1, MD: 9, Ryuma: 9/16, Ayumu 4/4, Boar: 2/4, EN: 0/2)

He had missed this strike sadly and ended up falling on his face. Wow this is embarrassing…

Edited by Ryuma_

She snickered with good humor, not thinking any less of him but still finding it funny. As she started her next attack, she wasn't really focusing on it...

ID# 37410

BD: 2

The sword slipped out of her hand, sinking into the soft grass with a dull thud. Ayumu huffed, slumping her shoulders with discouragement. Miserably disappointed with her failure, she completely forgot about the boar that was coming right for her.

Looks like I still have a lot to work on...geez, that was pathetic. I still have a lot to work on...like actually being able to hold my sword when I attack. That's a start.

MD: 7 (Dang!)

The boar slammed it's head right into her back, interrupting her thoughts and sending her flying forward. She landed flat onto the ground with a groan, her face buried into the earth. Arching her back a little, she could just feel her health decreasing. Her head started to throb as the pain rushed in. Who knew that a person now composed of code could actually feel pain? Shaking a little, she started the process of getting back up.

Ryuma: 9/16 HP, EN 0/2

Ayumu: 1/4, EN 0/1

Boar: 2/4

Edited by Ayumu

Ryuma had watched as the boar had struck the girl with a mighty force, his eyes going wide with shock. "Ayumu!"

(ID: 37413, BD: 3, CD: 10, LD: 15, MD: 2, Ryuma: 9/16, Ayuma: 1/4, Boar: 2/4, EN: 1/4)

He had quickly pulled the only health potion that he had out of his pouch and threw it to Ayumu. "Use this!" (it takes a turn so you won't be able to attack) [-1 Health Potion]

He had then charged towards the boar and slipped up, falling to the side and both of them missing their target.

Edited by Ryuma_

"I-I'm fine..." she gritted her teeth as she slowly rose to her feet, "just a little banged up, that's all." she did her best to smile, wincing a little as she straightened her back. "It happens. I've just got to be careful until I can heal up. How about you? You've taken some hits yourself." Ayumu asked, clutching her back as stabbing pains engulfed her senses, causing her to cringe. It was funny just how much a floor one creature could do. She knew she wasn't going to be that strong at only level one, but she hadn't expected to be this weak. With only one HP left, her life was hanging in the balance. Ayumu didn't think that she would experience a situation like this until later on, such as while fighting a boss.

Edited by Ayumu

Ryuma had a determined look in his eyes now as he had held his dagger firmly in his hand. "Im going to be fine after I kill this beast. He hurt you and for that, I'm going to hurt him!" 

(ID: 37415, BD: 1, CD: 12, LD: 17, MD: 8, Ryuma: 6/16, Ayuma: 1/4, Boar: 2/4, EN: 1/4)

He had then rushed the creature once more. He would have been successful but the boar had thrusted its snout upwards and struck him in the stomach, almost killing him

Edited by Ryuma_