[PP-F2] Finding a Child <<Let there be Light>> (Ayumu, Koumori)

Another day in AinCrad. On the second floor of the floating castle, Nobuyuki was on his way to getting stronger by grinding monsters in the mountain cold. While walking around, he came across a cavern. Inside, he could hear a small cry echoed. It was very dark inside the cave, and he wasn't really sure if it's some kind of traps, so he returned to town for investigation. Nobuyuki found out that the cry was from a little NPC child that got lost in the cave, and the mother is worried sick for the girl. "Well, I suppose that the cries is from the little girl that got lost. But the cave seemed like a very dangerous place... How can I be sure that I won't die while inside the cave?" He asked himself, sat down on a bench near town square and ponder. Looking around for a while, it seemed like everyone is busy with their own task. It would be hard to ask someone for help, especially with his lack of social skills. That is when Nobuyuki laid his eyes upon a girl in red. There's something odd and peculiar about the girl. She seemed like she's alone as well. "Maybe I should asked her? She seemed like she could help me?" Nobuyuki think, before gathered all his courage to get up from the bench, and approached the girl. "Uh... Excuse me miss, If you're not busy, I would like to ask a favor of you." He asked, his voice seemed nervous. "You see, I found a cavern nearby, and there are crying of a girl coming from inside the cave. It seemed like there's a quest that required someone to go into the cave and get her back. But I don't know if it's safe to go alone. Maybe you could provide some help?" 

Edited by CaptainUndead

She took a deep breath, exhaling slowly. Ayumu felt oddly calm today, and she wasn't sure why. Wasn't she supposed to continue running about like a chicken with it's head cut off, freaking out about this death game? If that's what she should've been doing, she wasn't doing a good job of it today. Currently, she was on the second floor - grinding a little bit, etc. Just finding something to kill time. Because she was finally starting to level up, Ayumu found it more travelling to hunt and train on the second instead of the first floor. Hopefully, all of her efforts weren't meaningless...she hoped to one day actually be of some value to the front lines. Involuntarily scratching her familiar on the head, Philomena the phoenix, the girl opened her menu and checked her inventory. As she was doing this, Ayumu noticed in the corner of her eye that another player was approaching her. Acting as if she didn't notice, she waited until he came up to her, asking his question. The girl turned to him, raising an eyebrow. She was really tempted to make and "it's dangerous to go alone, take this" joke, but she refrained.

"A quest in a cave, huh?" Ayumu tapped her chin, "I think I've heard of that one before...isn't it called <<Let there be Light>> or something? I have no idea," she shrugged, "anyways...I guess so...I don't have much better to do today. I'm only at level five, so I'm not sure of how much of a help I can be. I'll try my best though."

"Great. Well, then, we have a party." Nobuyuki sighed, as he open the menu and created the party. "Wait... I haven't even introduced myself yet. How rude of me. I'm Tobi. Nice to meet you, miss... I believe I haven't got your name." Nobuyuki told her his fake name. Although the girl look kind, and very pleasant to be around with, he have his own principle, and rules to follow. 

After the party has been formed, the two set off. With what they had in them, the two head forward to the cave Nobuyuki mention. On their way there, he stopped. "The journey may be dangerous. I don't want any of my partner to die on the way. I think it's best that you take this. It's dangerous to go alone, unprepared." Nobuyuki said, as he open the trading menu between him and Ayumu. He gave her a [Potion of Damage Mitigation II]. "Please take it. I insisted." He said, smiling.

(OOC: sorry I didn't post right away. >o<)

"Okay," she nodded, then with a look of surprise as he gave her a different name than the username that appeared on the party request, "oh...well you didn't have to give me your actual name...I'd rather not share mine though, if you don't mind. You can just call me Ayumu. So, off to where this NPC is then!" the girl smiled, and followed the player to the cave. Once he offered her the mitigation potion, she thankfully accepted the trade request, chuckling internally at the joke he beat her to.

"Thanks. Normally I would refuse and have you keep it, but you so strongly insist, then I might as well take it. It should come in handy, since combat in a cave is a bit more difficult without the Night Vision skill." she gave him her thanks, before they both entered the cave. It was quiet, wet, and had a dank atmosphere. In it's own way, it was kind of creepy, but not too bad to be honest. Taking her Anneal Blade out of her inventory, since she didn't have a better sword than that at the moment, prepared herself for any creatures they would encounter.

(OOC: Nah. It's all cool. =) )

"Alright then, let's go." Nobuyuki nodded, glad that she would accept the gift he brought. Originally, he would have use it, but he's unsure if the girl could hold on her own, when the situation turn dire. A few minutes passed, as the two circling inside the dark maze. Nobuyuki wished that he have at least a lantern, or a torch, but unfortunately the game didn't allow that. None matter now, not when both are already this deep inside the cave. "Oh, Little girl! Whoever you are! We're coming to get you!" Nobuyuki shouted, as his voice echoed through the cave. There were no reply, only crying echoed. But then, he heard squeaking, very loud squeaking. "Knock on the potion Ayumu. Incoming hostile." Nobuyuki drew his sword, readied toward the direction of the squeaking. From the darkness, a bat with great size revealed itself. It's nearly as big as them. 

"I hope you ready for a battle." Nobuyuki said, as he charged toward the bat. But when he swung his blade, the bat ascended up to the ceiling of the cave. Seeing the monster readied to attack, Nobuyuki jumped back, avoid the claw of the beast. "Your turn, Ayumu!" He shouted, calling for his friend help.

ID: 40193

BD: 3+1-1=3 {Missed}

CaptainUndead: 24/24 HP [Energy: 4/6] (HATE: 0)

Ayumu: 20/20 HP [Energy: 5/5] (HATE: 0)

VS

Giant Bat: 50/50 HP | DMG: 12 

Edited by CaptainUndead

As the echoes of a bat's squeaking could be heard up ahead, she prepared herself for combat. Unfortunately, the other player missed, but who doesn't once in a while? After he called for her help, Ayumu gave him a firm nod, and charged towards the creature, her sword glowing...

ID# 40372

BD: 7 (8-1)

Even though it was dark, she could see by the light of her sword. Deciding to stun it with an Uppercut Sword Art rather than Snake Bite, in order to stun the creature. Thankfully, she successfully hit it, sending a strong, upwards swipe to the monster. It couldn't move and give it's counter attack from the stun. All the bat could do was keep itself in the air. With a satisfied smile, she turned to "Tobi,"

"Alright, we're off to a good start. Take it away!"

CaptainUndead: 24/24 HP [Energy: 4/6] (HATE: 0)

Ayumu: 20/20 HP [Energy: 0/5] (HATE: 0)

VS

Giant Bat: 46/50 HP (Sword Art gives 2, rank +1, anneal blade +1. 4 damage) | DMG: 12 

Edited by Ayumu

"Thank you, Ayumu!" Nobuyuki focused onto the bat, stunned by Ayumu's attack. As the bat went down from the air, Nobuyuki quickly dashed for the bat, then strike it with a heavy diagonal strike in the center of the bat's body. He withdraw his sword and gave another slash in the same direction. With the bat stunned, it couldn't do anything but take the hit, and let out loud squeaks. Nobuyuki kicked the bat in the chest, as he pushed himself back near her. "While the bat is stopped, it's a good time to use the potion now, Ayumu." He told his partner, while keeping an eye out for the bat.

ID: 40393

BD: 10+1-1=10 {Total Critical Hit!}

MOB: Stunned

CaptainUndead: 24/24 HP [Energy: 3/6] (HATE: 1)

Ayumu: 20/20 HP [Energy: 1/5] (HATE: 1)

VS

Giant Bat: 34/50 HP  | DMG: 12 ( - (6 * Snake Bite: 2x1) = -12 DMG)

Edited by CaptainUndead

Opening up her menu, she took the potion out of her inventory and used it. She would have to use just a simple Sword Art, since her last attack had used all of her energy. Activating Slash, she delivered her next attack.

ID# 40532

BD: 3

It would seem that the bat had gotten over it's stun, since it effortlessly dodged her attack. With a dissatisfied groan, she stepped back, preparing herself to most likely get hit.

MD: 9

With an ear piercing shriek, it swiftly dipped down and scratched her. Thanks to the potion, it didn't do as much damage as it could have, but it was still a rather strong attack on the monster's part. Exhaling sharply, Ayumu did her best to ignore it. Besides, it was nothing - they would surely take out this thing pretty soon, along with the next, and complete the quest. Also, it could've been worse, but thankfully she wasn't injured too badly.

Ayumu: 13/20 HP (12+1-6 = 7) [Energy: 0/5] (HATE: 1)

VS

Giant Bat: 34/50 HP  | DMG: 12

"Ayumu, be careful!" Nobuyuki shouted, but it was a little to late for the warning. The bat has already strike, and immediately it dealt a big chunk of damage to the girl. Gritting his teeth, Nobuyuki dashed for the bat, the blade of his sword glowing lime blue. He raised it high, and struck down onto the beast. This time, the vertical strike landed in the bat's back, as it let out a haunting shriek once again. Realizing it was trying to attack him, Nobuyuki ducked under the bats. Now, he have had the thing's attention, he positioned himself so that the bat couldn't see Ayumu from behind, creating an opportunity for her attack. 

ID: 40533

BD: 7+1-1=7 {Hit!}

MOB: 3 {Missed}

CaptainUndead: 24/24 HP [Energy: 3/6] (HATE: 2)

Ayumu: 13/20 HP [Energy: 0/5] (HATE: 1)

VS

Giant Bat: 30/50 HP  | DMG: 12 ( -4 DMG)

Edited by CaptainUndead

Taking a deep breath, she narrowed her eyes at the monster, rallying all of her concentration onto it. This time she would hit the darned thing, for sure. Again, as she didn't have the energy to do anything else, she used Slant again...

ID# 40536 (got the best rolls ever on this one, except for craft. XD)

BD: 10 (YEAAAAAH!)

With a sudden feeling of determination, she confidently charged towards the bat. Delivering a fierce swipe, Ayumu successfully hit it. Despite the Sword Art being so simple, a good amount of damage was dealt, causing it's HP to lower significantly.

MD: 1

Taking no damage that round, she grinned at the other player.

"Looks like we almost got this thing. How many more hits do you think it can take before it dies? Certainly not too much more, we've been giving it some good whacks."

Ayumu: 13/20 HP [Energy: 0/5] (HATE: 1)

VS

Giant Bat: 25/50 HP  | DMG: 12 ( Sword Art+rank+weapon+crit = 5 DMG)

While Ayumu once again distracting the bat, Nobuyuki took the opportunity to attack the bat. But the moment he tried to attack, the bat once again flew higher into the ceiling, avoiding his attack. Nobuyuki landed back onto the ground. The bat came down to attack the warrior, but Nobuyuki was fast enough to jump aside, before positioned himself between Aymum and the bat. "It's half health down. Let's focus on the thing and take it down." He told his partner, then shifted the focus back to the bat.

ID: 40540

BD: 3+1-1=3 {Missed.}

MOB: 4 {Missed}

CaptainUndead: 24/24 HP [Energy: 2/6] (HATE: 2)

Ayumu: 13/20 HP [Energy: 0/5] (HATE: 2)

VS

Giant Bat: 25/50 HP  | DMG: 12 

Edited by CaptainUndead

"I'm on it!" Ayumu smiled a little. Perhaps she could give it another critical hit, but if not, the blade could still eat away at a little bit of the bar's health. She was going to use her Anneal Blade again, but then paused, thinking for a moment. Opening her inventory, she found the name of the item, hesitating. Honestly, she had wanted to sell it...it was a sword with perfect quality after all. Yet, in a situation like this, things would move along a bit faster. They could finish the quest quicker, and maybe get hit a little less. Exhaling sharply, she took the waiting weapon out of her inventory - Hellfire. It's bright red pommel and grip would've gleamed in the sunlight if they were outside. Looking towards the bat, she decided to take her next attack.

ID# 40720

BD: 5 (5+1-1)

Despite the fact that she was using her better weapon, she still missed. The dark was terrible, and it would've been nice if she had the Night Vision skill.

MD: 10

Unfortunately, the bat responded with a strong attack, taking another punch at her health.

Ayumu: 5/20 HP (12+2-6 = 8) [Energy: 0/5] (HATE: 1)

VS

Giant Bat :25/50 HP  | DMG: 12

(sorry for not taking that weapon out sooner, even though it didn't really do anything on this roll. Literally just got it approved. XD)

I was finished with the stupid cave (you're in a cave right?). I had been searching for something worth collecting but I came up with squat. I wondered why I even bothered looking for stuff. I never found anything. I sighed deeply and started to walk back to the entrance but stopped in my tracks when I heard the sound of battle. I heard a noise that sent chills down my spine, a noise that told me someone was in trouble. I luckily ran to the source of the sound a saw two players fighting a giant bat and as fate would have it, I knew them. Noboyuki looked fine but Ayumu looked like she was hanging on by a thread. It looked bad. I didn't want to waste any time so I drew out my sword and charged towards the giant creature without saying a word. I leaped into the air and held back my sword as I charged up <Vorpal Strike>. When I heard it activate I violently shoved my sword forward and cut straight through the giant creature. I landed behind it as it bursted into pixels. I stood up and resheathed my sword before turning to the two players. "Sorry for crashing your party, looked like you could use some help." I said as I smiled at them. 

ID: 40750

BD:8 (1base+3skill+2dmg x 5 = 30dmg)

CaptainUndead 24/24

Ayumu 5/20

Koumori 72/72

Giant Bat DEAD

Seeing his partner viciously attacked by the giant bats, Nobuyuki jumped between her and the monster to protect her from her demise. Raised his sword and readied for the bat to come, he though of the worst case scenario. That is, untill a man came and help them. The man easily defeated the bat. In the dark, Nobuyuki couldn't see who the man is clearly, until he spoke. "That voice... I know who he is?" Nobuyuki recognize the man that helped him the first time he joined SAO. "Yeah... Thanks for the help." Nobuyuki exclaimed, before turned to Ayumu and asked if she's all OK. "That was really close back there. For some reason, I can't get the bat to focus me. It keeps on targeting Ayumu instead."

• 2 weeks later...

(OOC: Sorry for taking so long!)

She blinked with surprise as someone intervened and killed the dumb thing. Her head slightly foggy from the shock of it all, it took her mind a moment to register who the other player was. 

"Koumori!" She eventually remembered his name, "no need to apologise, this wasn't a 'party' you were crashing anyways. More like a possible death fest." Then, as Toni expressed concern for her, "I'm fine: just knocked around a little, that's all. I guess I'm just not deemed likeable to Giant Bat things, and therefore they'd rather kill me, I guess. But that doesn't matter. At least that's one down. We should continue on to find the NPC kid, even if we run into another oversized cave-dwelling mammal," after a pause, she asked Koumori, "wanna tag along? Or do you have better things to do?"