[PP-F7] A Proper Introduction (Audacity)

Letting out a yawn the boy traversed freely without any true direction, it was nice to take a break from training especially since the things he was facing should never be dealt with alone, of course it didn't help that his level 50 mentor was dozing off in the middle of combat!. "well I guess beggars can't  be choosers..." he muttered to himself. Finding a suitable rock he claimed as his own as he took a short break on it and gazed towards the sky, the sun was hot yet the breeze was cool. suitable weather for relaxing, though he was feeling restless. Maybe he could collect mats? no that would only add to his current boredom. drooping his head he sighed. "I could go see if my orders complete" he mused aloud. No the Tailor would have sent him a message informing him...,but he could use it as an excuse to see her?. it'd be nice to make a new friend. making up his mind the boy stood and took in a deep breath. "So it's decided..."

following the path up to the shop he hesitated a moment before realizing he wasn't particularly dressed...neatly, groaning he paced back and forth most likely looking like a fool to anyone passing by. 'Of course it's SAO so I don't really have a fashion choice but it would still be respectful to do my best' opening his menu Takneil swiftly equipped his normal black coat, he had got it as a monster drop when he had decided to go for his sword of dreams though had chosen not to wear it due to it not having any real benefit. Nodding to himself for some form of mental encouragement he entered the shop, once again he was stunned by the inner decor's beauty. Most of the shops he visited had a more 'gruff' appearance to them, yet the Rose Couture caught his eye and was welcoming. "Umm, excuse me? I'm here to check on my order." he called out hoping to catch the attention of the shopkeeper. 

A pair of eyes scan a painting before them attentively. An expression of respect, amusement, wonder, and intellect spreads across the young woman's face. In her hands is a book full of various poems that she's come to love as a child. Now, much older, she enjoys the pleasant stories as she once had before. Fingers idly tapping the surfaces of virtual paper; her pink eyes soon fall from the masterpiece and onto an arrival that's now in her shop. The lights are dim with only a few butterscotch scented candles lit around the interior. A hand is lifted to move curly strands of hair behind the owner's ears as the rest cascades down her back. With her train of thoughts derailed and serene moment disrupted, Audacity turns her head to greet the returning customer.

"Ah, Takneil." The name comes to her Eidetic memory rather easily, especially since he'd been the only customer to sit on one of the available sofas. "Didn't I inform you of my sending you a message upon order completion?" A skeptical look is made by the young woman simply for kicks before her serious expression is retained. Pausing for a second she locks eyes with the newcomer before scanning the rest of his appearance whilst her mind determines something. Then, she speaks again. "Nevermind that. Would you mind coming over here for a mere second to assist in a evaluation of mine?" She lifts a hand and gestures for Takneil to stand beside her curvaceous figure. 

Noticing something odd with the scent of the shop he sniffed at the air curiously, what was that smell?. letting his eye wander to explore more of the shop he did his best to identify the aroma. Takneil had never attempted to open a shop before though the thought had crossed his mind many times, despite the fact it was a game he was positive that owning a shop and evening decorating it must have been strenuous. Spotting a candle he read the words printed across it and chuckled softly as not to disturb the seemingly tranquil aura around the Rose Couture. Ears perking up he turned to face the owner, offering a smile...

Shrinking inside as the girl quickly brought up how she would have messaged him, he must have looked like a desperate fool even within the first moments of socializing. 'you moron! why would you ask something so stupid?' he mentally chastised himself, meeting her pink eyes with his own hazel he spoke "Sorry about that..." he managed to say, if only but a mere squeak under his embarrassment. Catching the skepticism in Audacity's expression the boy gulped nervously a maintained eye contact with her, no matter what he had to be respectful especially since she had caught him. 

'Wha-WHAT?!' panicking internally the boy froze externally with a mouth that could catch house flies, why would she want him to help her with an evaluation? obviously there was nobody else in the room for her to pick from but couldn't she do it herself?. remembering air was precious he exhaled and quickly took a breath, alright calm down it's fine right?. Forcing his locked knees to move he nodded. "No problem" moving forward he felt something warm press on his cheeks, was he blushing? no it must be the temperature of the room. 

"Al-alright, what do you need help with?" he asked trying to relax his body as he stood beside the girl, he could tell she was older than him but not by much though the fact she matched his height got on his nerves a bit. running a hand through his white and black mismatched hair he rubbed the back of it nervously, mustering his voice back he looked at Audacity. "I guess I wanted an excuse to come see you" he said ignorant of what implications could be assessed from the statement.

Edited by Takneil

She lifted a hand into the air and waved it: a signal that she could care less about his sudden appearance in her shop. "No need to apologize." The pinkette mumbled, stepping off to the side so Takneil could stand in the spot she'd once been in. "We haven't all day." Attentive eyes catch the slight pause - hesitation, perhaps? - in the movement of her customer. Her focus is eventually moved from the painting she's been staring at for quite a while to the male before her. She shuts the book in her hands and places it back into the inventory of a nearby bookshelf. With a hand on one hip, the other stroking her jaw - a movement she'd picked up, performed whilst thinking - Audacity contemplates the way she'll piece together her words before speaking up.

"Does that painting look straight to you?" An extremely simple question, yes, but one she'd been debating on for hours. "It seems parallel with the others'," She refers to the multiple pieces of artwork in a row on the same dark red wall. "but I'm not quite sure." Pausing, an eyebrow is raised in reaction towards Takneil's next words. Someone wanted to see her enough to barge in and make an excuse just to avoid telling the truth? Her heart must have stopped before continuing its regular beat but the thoughts in Audacity's head became... jumbled. Mixed. Perplexed. "That's a first." She remains calm despite the rapid pace of her mind flowing within. Clearing her throat, she licks her lips as they'd suddenly dried up before awkwardly opening them only to create a sound she hates. "So what do you think? Do I need to fix the alignment?" Audacity speaks to fill the silence and avoid any questions concerning the noise her throat had decided to emit only a second ago. Her thoughts, however, remained fixated on that one comment from the younger male. Why did he... How could he say such a thing without any outside reaction like she'd provided? This question ravaged her very being. She was calm as always but for once rather puzzled.

Edited by Audacity

The Painting?. Raising an arched brow he looked at the painting, carefully looking over the edges and where they aligned with one another he tilted his head. Did she mean how the pictures sat on the wall? or something else. Taking a breath the butterscotch aroma soon claimed his sense of smell once more, it truly was a great scent though it was one that made him hungry. It would be great if he could grab a meal, maybe one with her?. Slightly shaking his head he focused back to the question, pushing away all irrelevant thoughts aside. 

Biting his lower lip, an action often used when he was unsure of something or nervous. Within his current situation it was both. giving all the paintings another look he straightened his head. "What do you mean by straight?" he asked placing a hand over his mouth he thought about it more. "from where they rest on the wall it seems to me they're fine, but if you wanted to know if the art itself matched with the others, the wall, the lighting, or the overall feeling of the shop..." letting his hand slide down to it's original position at his side he sighed, he may have given the question too much attention but his answer was honest. In his eye the Painting was perfectly aligned with it's brethren, anything more he wouldn't be able to aid with as far as he knew. 

"I'm sorry, but it looks fine to me" he stated apologetically. Takneil was stumped, why had Audacity asked him that question?. And what with that comment she had made earlier?, what was a first?. turning to face her again his face formed more of a confused expression. "Why did you want my opinion?" he asked.

"That's all I needed." The answer provided felt as if it'd lifted a huge weight from her shoulders. She wouldn't go as far to say she had an OCD with the organization of items; but when something bothers Audacity her mind simply won't forget until that problem is fixed. With a shrug she smirked slightly, flipping her pink curls to the side so she could twirl the locks with a finger. "You're the only person I've seen all day. I had to get an answer from somebody. Haven't you ever had that one peculiar thing nagging at the back of your mind until taken care of?" The question was an easy one to answer, no doubt, but she felt as if he were dubbing her odd ways as an anti-social personality issue of sorts. "I believe it's my turn to ask you something of my interest..." She trailed her words purposely, rubbing a sharp jawline in the process, pink eyes locked on Takneil. "Why did you lie about the reason you came into my shop today?"

so he had over complicated the question? great, another bad mark to put on the board. The boy had always had problems with socializing with others, whether it was initiating conversation or maintaining it somehow he never fails to screw up. listening to her words he couldn't help but wince at the irony in her question, though he had managed to avoid the issue so far he knew it was stirring awake. Sighing he shook his head. "You have no idea..." it was something that had always nagged him but he would never be able to end it. 

Nodding he waited for her question. In the end it seemed as though he had managed to at least start a conversation with the girl. Feeling his heart pick up in pace Takneil met her eyes, why did he lie? it was an excuse to see her but he could have literally chose anything else. "I guess I felt if I didn't have a legitimate reason to come here it would have been..." taking a moment to search for a more suitable word he shrugged. "Weird?" knowing his luck all he had proven to do is make the situation worse.

"I do." She disagreed with a shake of the head. But his next answer turned her smirk into a soft smile. "You know if you truly wanted to see me that bad than a simple message would've done wonders. I could have arranged plans. I suppose you're into awkward situations, though, not that they're always so bad." She shuffled past Takneil, shooting him a brief look in his way before continuing on towards a window in the front of the shop. Her hands lifted to pull the dark, thick drapes aside. The sky happened to be darkened at this hour but not so much that it could be considered nighttime in Aincrad. "For example I'm having a splendid time evaluating your personality." With a swift movement she shut the soft curtains and turned towards her customer once more with a cross of the arms. "How about we take a walk? Spend the time together and chat a bit?" Takneil obviously - from what she remembered he'd muttered earlier - wanted to get to know Audacity and in return she somewhat desired to same though most likely to a lesser extent... and different reason. Her aspiration at the moment was to gain knowledge.

Chuckling nervously he rubbed the back of his head "Yeah I guess I do tend to find myself in awkward situations" he agreed. He would have preferred if those situations wouldn't be so often, oh if only. Watching the girl approach the window he found himself gazing at her pink hair, it was the first time he had really noticed that shade in Aincrad. In his mind the color was awkward, but he really couldn't say much about his hair either. Raising an arched brow he formed a confused look. She was evaluating him?, what for?. Somewhat curious of the girl's words he couldn't help but blurt out the question. "Why?" feeling a brief sense of panic he took a shaky breath to collect his thoughts. "I mean..., why are you... never mind." it honestly didn't matter, when people meet for the first time they usually make some judgement about the other person. 

Nodding he offered a smile. "yeah that sounds fun" making his way to the door he couldn't help but feel happy, it seemed he may have made a new friend? or at least an acquaintance. opening the door he held it open for Audacity he performed a mock bow. "Mi'lady