[PP-F2] Small World (Greg Baxen) [COMPLETE]

Vayrin nodded at Greg as he agreed to go with her. At that thought she began walking down the trail, assuming he was following her. As she continued to walk, she stopped suddenly as Greg began to speak to her again. The hell does he think I'm going to do? Vayrin thought as she stayed silent. Funny ideas? What would Vayrin possibly do? Did he seriously think she was gonna hit on him? Sure he may have saved her life, but she wasn't just gonna go ahead and get that close to him. Not Vayrin at least. Any other girl may have had those kind of feelings, but she had been solo this entire game, so even him stating that offended her. Her thoughts paused though when she had heard Shizuka's name. The one girl who seemed to be on her friends list. Small world aint it? She turned back about half way so Greg could see the serious tone on her face and eyes. "Listen kid. I don't know what you'd think I'd do, so before you go getting those funny ideas let me explain to you that I have no intention on getting that close to you. I thank you for saving me, but I'm not gonna just suck up to you like that." It was true. Vayrin had no interest in loving anyone at the moment. It had not even grazed her mind until now. Sure she had been hit on multiple times, but she never took any of it seriously. "And good luck with Shizuka. I've had my fair share of adventures with her, so I know what she's like." With that, Vayrin's expression became annoyed as she turned and continued walking down the path. She was annoyed that people had thought of her like that. It would take a lot more then material gathering for Vayrin to have those kind of feelings for anyone...

"Sorry if that was weird. It's just I couldn't help but make sure." Greg apologized, scratching his head. "As I said, I don't want to totally blow it. Not after I confirmed that she returned my feelings. So I thought it made sense to take precautions so nobody got the wrong idea." Greg said, once again referring to the moment he and Shizuka shared on floor 4. "Anyways, I'm getting off topic." Greg stated, before switching to a much more relevant topic. "What profession are you, anyway?" Greg asked. He was curious.

Vayrin continued to roll her eyes as Greg went on to explain how he didn't want to lose his girlfriend. From how much he was talking about her it almost sounded like he was nervous that he would. Most people wouldn't even mention their spouse after a new encounter with someone, but if he felt the need to, then he must be afraid of something. Vayrin gave a quick sigh when Greg asked her what profession she had. "Yeah, I'm a tailor. I own a small shop here on floor 2 in Urbus." She replied, not knowing his reaction. "Just did the quest recently. It may have been tougher for me then others..." She said looking down. It was indeed annoying that she had to hunt down those three flowers, then defeat a rare mob. Most people would have better luck then her. It was a challenge at the time, the Boar was huge compared to her...

"A tailor, huh?" Greg says. Shrugging for a moment, he opts to disclose his own profession. "As for me, I'm a Blacksmith." Greg stated. "Although I've not made anything of the 'perfect' quality yet..." he mutters after that. "Personally I'm more of a fighter than a crafter, but I do need to improve at my profession, so I can help people in more ways than one." Greg says, resolve evident in his eyes. Closing his eyes for a second, Greg opens them again. "I have to ask you something- what actually drives you here, in Aincrad? What keeps you going?" He asks.

Vayrin gave her attention to Greg as he explained that he had become a blacksmith. No surprise there, most guys she had met in the game had become blacksmiths. She guessed they considered it the most useful skill, seeing as weapons do damage. Although, her reason for becoming a tailor was similar to his reason to be a balanced fighter and smith. She wanted to become a balanced fighter and tailor herself. She'd be able to make herself the required stuff that she felt like she needed as well. Sensing that Greg had finished what he had to say, she turned again and started walking down the path when he spoke up again. She froze in her step when she heard what he had said. A question she rarely heard, and no one had asked her before. Mostly because the answer was the same for everyone. Friends, Family, life outside the virtual world. Or that was at least the surface of it. She did have a deeper reason for why she fights. Nothing she had told anyone before, mostly because she spent most of her time alone. "Would my answer be any different from yours?" She replied back, not turning around.

"People can have multiple answers to what drives them in Aincrad. Not just getting out of the game." Greg responded. "I don't mean what drives you to get out of the game- I mean what drives you to continue fighting onwards in Aincrad, even though there are other players who will likely do it ahead of you. For me, the drive comes from not wanting other players to needlessly suffer, for starters, and then there's my love for Shizuka- obviously." Greg continued.

Vayrin thought for a moment before she responded. She had never been asked this question before, so she was completely caught off guard. She came up with a simple reply to give to the boy. "All those people. Down in the towns. Those who chose not to fight. They need us." Vayrin said in a hush whisper. She looked down as she said it, her eyes deep with thought. That was all she could say, or wanted to at least. "Trust me when I say we can't let them down." She said once again. Hoping that would satisfy Greg's curiosity on the matter. She did not like thinking about the real world. Not since what had happened to her on the 4th floor. No. She wasn't going to remind herself of the past events. Vayrin lifted her head and turned back to Greg. "I hope it works out for you."

Greg thought for a moment. 'There's something she's not telling me...' Greg thought, based on the look on her face. 'It seems personal, though, so I won't pry. That would be rude and probably insensitive too.' Greg turned. "That's a noble goal. Wanting to help people always is, unless the people who you want to help don't have good intentions." Greg responded, before dismissing the question. "You mean with my relationship with Shizuka?" he asked as she said she hoped it would work out for him. "Or just my overall goal? Either way, thanks. Anyways, you seem like a nice enough person..." Greg said, smiling, as he sent a friend request to Vayrin.

Vayrin gave a slight nod when he thanked her for her "good luck" She was primarily meaning towards his goal. It seemed reason enough, unlike lots of people who mostly thought about their own lives. Vayrin did have a very good reason to get back, not just the normal. Although she never thought about it. The more she did, the more worried she was gonna get about failing. Her thoughts were interrupted though when she received a notification. Vayrin's eyes widened a bit when she saw it was a friend request from Greg. She stared at it a moment, almost nervous to press anything. She had rarely gotten these before, in fact she only had two friends on her list. Vayrin lifted one hand, she hesitated for a moment, and then pressed the circle icon, accepting Greg's request. She gave a quick sigh, seeming it had been a difficult action for her to carry out.

Greg smiled as she accepted. Looking at the time, it seemed to be getting late. "It seems to be getting late. I wouldn't suggest staying out too late, or something nasty might come and kill you, be it a mob or a PKer. I'm off anyway. Gotta get back to my shop, after all." Greg said as he started to walk off. Turning back, he waved to his new friend and spoke again. "If you need help with anything, just send me a PM and I'll be there if possible." He said, before leaving the area.

Edited by Greg Baxen

"Yeah. I guess it has." Vayrin said as she looked over the cliff edge, staring at the sunset in the distance.  She should probably get back too, even though she liked the night on this floor, recent events taught her not to go alone without protection. She sighed again, and waved back to Greg as he began leaving. Maybe scould stay out a little longer. Just to admire the view. With that Vayrin sat down on the cliff edge and let her legs dangle off of it, gazing at the vast mountain range shadowed by the orange sun.

THREAD COMPLETE

Rewards: Vayrin -  200 Col. Alpha's Plate, 1 SP

Greg Baxen - 200 Col. 1 SP