[PP-F2] Small World (Greg Baxen) [COMPLETE]

The dust in the mountain path cleared as the furious Ox rushed passed the violet haired girl. Vayrin did a backwards cartwheel, missing the Ox's horns. The creature ran towards the giant mountain wall before it stopped itself right before impact. The girl got her blade ready for a counter move. She held it out her sword as it glowed. As soon as the animal turned in her direction she sprinted towards it, her eyes flashing with fury. The Ox charged towards her, but Vayrin kicked the ground and leaped to it's side dragging her blade across it's body as she ran passed it. (Feel free to enter the battle)

ID# 40388

BD: 9 [Critical Hit!]

MD: 1 [Miss!]

Vayrin's DMG: 4+1(Crit/9=+1)=5

Ox's DMG: 0

Vayrin's HP: 32/32

Ox's HP: 11/16

Vayrin's Energy: 7/8

Edited by Vayrin

Greg was exploring Floor 2 in an attempt to gather more materials to get more crafting for his profession as a Blacksmith when he came across another player being attacked by an Ox. The player he saw was a violet-haired girl, wielding a blade somewhat like his own. While the violet-haired girl seemed to hold the advantage, Greg decided to get involved himself, not wanting to risk seeing another player die, which could possibly happen seeing as she didn't seem to be wearing any notable armor. Approaching from behind while unsheathing his <Anneal Blade>, Greg stabbed at the Ox using <Sonic Leap>! He charged forwards, his blade glowing yellow as he thrust it in the Ox's direction.

ID: 40389

BD 6+1=7: Hit! (3x1x4=12 damage.).

LD 12: No Mats.

As Greg's blade penetrated the Ox's skin, it roared out in pain before dissolving into pixels. Smiling at a job well done, Greg sheathed his <Anneal Blade>, before turning to the girl. "You okay?" he asked.

Greg: 56/56 HP, 11/14 EN.

Vayrin: 32/32 HP, 7/8 EN.

Ox: DEAD.

Vayrin got her blade ready and shifted into her defensive stance, ready for the Ox's retaliation. Although it didint come. She stood there as the Ox suddenly roared out in pain, then it exploded into an array of blue shards. Vayrin stood there for a moment confused as to what had just happened with her eyes widened. After the shards faded away it revealed another swordsman. He had been wearing blue clothing, and had blonde hair. At first Vayrin thought this had been someone else, but a longer look revealed that he was not the person she was thinking of. She had never seen this boy before.

"Yeah. I'm fine." She said in a serious tone. She had to admit she was a little annoyed that someone else had stolen that kill when she was perfectly capable of finishing it herself. Vayrin sheathed her blade and looked up at the boy. "Just looking for Mats."

"Good to hear." Greg said as the girl affirmed she was fine. She then explained she was looking for Materials. "I see. You might want to get some mitigation or evasion if you're going to fight mobs a lot, though. I mean, taking a closer look, you don't seem to be wearing any armor in particular." He explained. "While I have no doubts you had it under control, I didn't want to risk something going wrong (like having insanely bad luck- believe me, it's happened to me more than once) and you getting killed. I refuse to see another player die in front of me if I can help it." Greg said, resolve evident in his eyes.

Vayrin stared at the boy as he continued to speak to her. It seemed he was worried about her safety, and suggested she get some armor. It was true, she was not wearing any form of protection, but the way she saw it she didn't need any with her current strategy. Her HP was high enough to tank out any mob on this floor.

"Well, thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to get some." She replied, not knowing if she would hold true to her word or not. Vayrin gave a quick nod to the boy,  her way of thanking people, and continued walking down the mountain path. Rethinking her battle plan for the next Mob she encountered.

Greg still wasn't sure if it was safe for the violet-haired Girl to be out hunting here alone without any armor, so he would opt to follow her just outside of her field of vision, knowing that his presence was unwanted. In that sense, he could still keep an eye on the girl, who he figured, based on her choice of hunting location, was about level 8, giving her enough HP to take five hits from the mobs around here without dying. He would, however, leave her to her own devices unless she needed help, though. In the meantime, Greg hunted for Materials of his own accord. 

ID: 40390

LD 4: Nothing.

There was nothing of note around him, so Greg muttered under his breath, trying not to let the girl hear him. 

Stealth Rating: 10. 

As Vayrin continued to walk down the path she had taken note of the recent lack of mobs around her. Today was going very slow. As the sun had shifted into it's late afternoons stance, her eyes were fixed on her surroundings. She stopped for a moment, then looked behind her. Nothing. Vayrin had gotten the uneasy feeling she was being followed but she didn't know if that was actually what was going on. The boy she had met a couple minutes earlier had been gone, so she thought she was alone. Suddenly, in her distracted state, Vayrin heard a soft growl behind her. She spun around while unsheathing her weapon to see three hungry looking wolves staring at her from a nearby cave.

Greg noted that the girl had been ambushed by some wolves. He waited for a second to gauge how powerful the wolves were, and if the girl needed his help. She was outnumbered, that was for certain, but were the wolves powerful enough to kill her? He most certainly hoped not, but it was unlikely they weren't. He unsheated his <Anneal Blade> and prepared to jump out and save the girl from certain death if the situation called for it. His gut feeling that something was off turned out to be right after all.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Vayrin slowly stepped backwards as the Wolves started to close in on her. She got her sword ready as the three had been slowly making her back up to the edge of the path. Vayrin looked behind her to see that it was a sheer drop into the forests far below. Knowing she couldn't run, she held out her blade. As it began to glow, the first wolf jumped at her. She ducked and rolled, missing it's attack. the second Wolf did the same and she quickly sidestepped it's jump, spinning around and leaping backwards, missing the third wolf's bite. She panted as she had turned the odds in her favor. During her evasive mineuvers she had switched positions with the wolves. hey were now on the cliff edge. Using their limited space to her advantage, Vayrin charged up a sword art then leapt up in the air above the three beasts. With a furious yell, the arch her sword created punished all three of the creatures as the impact launched them off the cliff. As they fell, all three of them exploded into an array of shards before the even hit the ground far below.

Vayrin panted, as she leaned on her weapon to recover. She turned around, only to see a much larger wolf with improved stats. So this was an Alpha...

ID# 40392

BD: 10(No Accuracy Bonus) [Critical Hit!]

MD: 5-1(+1 Evasion)=4 [Miss!]

Vayrin's DMG: Rage Spike - 1x2 - AoE - (4 Energy) - A basic, weak skill that leaps at the enemy and follows with an upward strike. 4+2(Crit/10=+2)+1(ragespike)x2(hitcount)= 17 Dmg

Wolf 1 DMG: 0

Wolf 2 DMG: 0

Wolf 3 DMG: 0

Wolf 1 HP: 0/14

Wolf 2 HP: 0/14

Wolf 3 HP: 0/14

Vayrin's Energy: 4/8

Enemies Defeated

Greg merely watched in silence as the girl effortlessly cleaved through the three wolves, but she wasn't out of trouble yet- he noticed that an Alpha Wolf had appeared. He was still in a stance primed for combat in case she needed the help. He would continue to observe until he was absolutely certain she needed help. In the meantime, he searched for mats with half of his focus (the other being on the battle.)

ID: 40455

LD 1: Failure.

Greg didn't find anything, and returned to his hiding spot to observe the battle.

Knowing all to well what was about to happen next, Vayrin got into her defensive stance, slowly panting. The large wolf charged forward at her. The large beast landed on top of her before she managed to dodge it's attack. Although, it's teeth were inches from her face as she lied on the ground holding it back with only her blade. Using a little of her remaining strength she managed to elbow the creature in the face, temporarily lifting a bit of the weight it had been putting on her. Using this to her advantage, she pushed upwards, moving the wolf off of her. She then kicked the beast in the gut, then slashed with her sword as it whimpered. The monster rolled back, but go to it's feet within an instant. Vayrin noticed it's health Gauge. It has more health then me? She thought as the creature growled at her. Vayrin panted, as she backed up. She had used a lot of energy dealing with those other three wolves, so she was worried this battle may not end in her favor.

ID# 40488

BD: 9 [Critical Hit!]

MD: 2 [Miss!]

Vayrin's DMG: 4+1(Crit/9=+1)=5

Alpha Wolf's DMG: 0

Alpha Wolf's HP: 35/40

Vayrin's Energy 3/8

Greg noted that the girl was outmatched and out of energy. The Alpha Wolf would kill her at this rate. grimacing, Greg decided that he'd seen enough, and jumped into the fray himself. Coming up behind the Alpha Wolf, he readied his strongest known Sword Art, <Vertical Arc>. He brought his sword down at an angle, preparing to tear into the wolf.

ID: 40490

BD 6+1=7: Hit! (2x2x4=16 damage).

The wolf, despite not expecting the blow, didn't seem to take too much damage from the attack. It did lose about 1/3 of its HP, but It growled at Greg for attacking it in the back, interrupting its hunt. Greg turned his attention to the girl. "And this is what I was talking about earlier." he quipped. "And before you ask, no, I wasn't following you." he lied. "I was gathering materials around here, heard, then subsequently saw this thing trying to murder you and jumped into the fray myself, because I refuse to see another player die unjustly if I can help it." Greg said. The first part was a lie (he was following her, not that he'd let her know that) but the latter part was true.

Greg: 56/56 HP, 10/14 EN.

Vayrin: 32/32 HP, 3/8 EN.

Alpha Wolf: 19/40 HP.

As Vayrin prepared for the Wolf's next move, the best froze, then yelped as it was struck from behind. Vayrin noticed the same boy she had run into earlier coming to her aid. She was relieved to see that the beast's health had lowered significantly with his hit. Although it didn't kill it. He then began to explain how this was the kind of situation she needed armor for. He wasn't wrong. Vayrin had been a little overconfident in her current abilities and had underestimated the mobs on this floor. Then he explained himself, saying he wasn't following her but she was not concerned about that right now. She was just glad that he had seen her in trouble and came to her aid. "Just help me kill this wolf!" She replied. The wolf turned back to her, almost sensing what she had said. It's focus was still on her, despite Greg's entrance. It ran back to her. Vayrin charged her sword and slashed at the monster. It was a hit, but the creature ignored her blade, taking the damage just to hit her in the stomach. Vayrin rolled backwards, inches from the cliff edge. She lifted her upper body off the ground while she lied there, wincing from the energy loss. Hoping Greg could finish this.

ID# 40493

BD: 7+1(Accuracy)=8 [Hit!]

MD: 7-1(+1 Evasion)=6 [Hit!]

Vayrin's DMG: 4

Alpha Wolf's DMG: 8

Vayrin's HP: 24/32

Alpha Wolf's HP: 15/40

Greg Baxen's HP: 56/56

Vayrin's Energy: 2/8

Greg readied another <Vertical Arc>, knowing that it would kill said Wolf. He had to finish this quickly or there would likely be blood spilt. He rushed towards the Wolf, before once again bringing his blade down.

ID: 40591

BD 10: Super Critical! +2 Damage! (2*2*6=24 damage)

To say Greg's blade tore through the wolf like a hot knife through butter would be an understatement. It went clean through without slowing down at all, before Greg shifted his grip and slashed again, creating the shape of a V in the air, sending the Wolf flying before it disappeared into pixels. Greg knew the Wolf was rather strong, so he checked if any loot was dropped.

LD 19: Uncommon Item!

Greg noted that the Wolf had dropped an uncommon piece of equipment. He looked at it- it was a piece of light armor. Much to Greg's dismay, it was much inferior to his own armor. He sheathed his sword, smiling at a job well done, though.

Greg: 56/56 HP, 6/14 EN.

Vayrin: 24/32 HP, 2/8 EN.

Alpha Wolf: DEAD.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Vayrin slowly got to her feet as the boy cleanly finished off the Wolf. She leaned down to pick up her weapon and to sheath it. she gave a Greg a quick smile and began walking towards him. "Thanks. Y'know. For saving me." It sounded almost like she had trouble spilling the words. It was true, Vayrin usually didn't like to admit that she was inferior to others even if it was obviously true. Especially if her life was in their hands. But she couldn't say nothing. This kid may have well just rescued her, so she summed up the courage to thank him. "I apologize for acting rude earlier. I'm Vayrin." She said. By now Vayrin's hair had been in a little mess, and her face and clothes had been covered in dust from all the rolling she had done. She only hoped the boy would take her thanks into consideration.

Greg turned to the Violet-haired girl. "It's no problem. I said earlier, didn't I? I absolutely refuse to see another player die needlessly if I can help it." Greg repeated. The girl then introduced herself to Greg. "Nice to meet you, Vayrin. My name's Greg." he said, offering a handshake. He thought for a second. "The Alpha Wolf actually dropped some Armor. Do you want it? I don't really have a use for it as my armor is much better, but I'm pretty sure you could make usage of it." Greg said, while sending a trade offer to Vayrin.

Vayrin tilted her head when the boy explained how he wouldn't stand by and watch other people die. She'd probably do the same, and with stats like his, she wasn't surprised that he had done so. He had extended his hand for a handshake. Vayrin looked at it for a moment, and hesitated. She then summed up the courage to shake it and did so. He told her his name was Greg. The girl raised an eyebrow when she heard the monster had dropped a piece of armor. Greg apparently didn't need it as it's stats were too low for his liking, but Vayrin on the other hand would probably find some use for it. Also, seeing as he had suggested she get some armor before hand, and she almost got killed by another monster because she didn't have any protection, it would be considered rude not to accept it. "Uh, sure. I guess I could use some armor after that last battle." She said, accepting the trade request.

Greg places the Pelt Armor of the Alpha Wolf into the trade menu, then hits accept straight away. "The armor has similar stats to my <Coat of the Azure Wind> which I'm wearing right now," he says, pointing to the blue coat he was wearing. "But the stats are lower. In essence, it'll increase your evasion, making foes less likely to hurt you. In turn, though, you won't get any mitigation from it unless you invest in the Light Armor skill." He explains. 

Vayrin nodded as Greg explained to her the stats of the armor she had just accepted from him. She liked the evasion part. With her skill, it had become very useful at times. That was the skill she liked to focus on was evasion. She accepted the armor from Greg's trade request, and it had dropped into her inventory. She looked back up at Greg, not really knowing what else to say. Then she had an idea. "Well, you've proved to be helpful. I want to continue hunting for materials, so you can join me if you wish." She said giving off a small smile. It was nice to have company every once in a while, especially if she could rely on her companions to get her out of sticky situations. Only if they wanted though.

"Yeah, sure. I was out trying to gather materials too, as I stated earlier. And it's dangerous to go alone, so I'll team up with you." Greg stated, sending a party invite to Vayrin. "Oh, and uh, I don't mean to sound rude when I say this, but don't go getting any funny ideas, okay? I do have a girlfriend and I don't want to mess up my relationship with her. Her name is Shizuka, before you ask." Greg stated. He didn't want to end up finding himself in a love triangle after all. He'd much rather stay loyal to Shizuka. His thoughts drifted to the moment they shared on floor 4, and it brought a smile to his face.