[PP-F2] Inner Strength <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> (Takneil, Shizuka)

Well, here she was again. The 2nd floor. Just as mountainous and large as ever. Vayrin had been walking through the streets of the town of Urbus, looking for any form of entertainment. As much fun as grinding was, she just felt like doing something different today. Vayrin stopped for a moment to look up into the sky. The sun had been slowly switching to it's evening cycle. As the many players and NPC's wandered around the town, Vayrin decided she'd just go exploring. Much of the second floor was still a mystery to her. With that thought in mind, she swished opened her hand to reveal her menu. With a few quick taps, she opened her map. She began to scroll through it as she walked towards the edge of town.

Edited by Vayrin

Letting out a tired sigh Takneil leaned his head back against the bench, it'd been a while since he had actually visited the town. Ever since his mentor brought him up to the seventh floor he had been exploring the one below it in case he had missed anything he could use for an advantage. Feeling as if someone was nearby he tilted his head as he stood, a girl in a long coat walked past. 'She's cute' groaning he placed a hand on his forehead. "And thus the headache returned..." Maybe he should see if she was lost?. following her he cleared his throat. "Excuse me?, do you need help?" he asked offering a smile. 

Indeed, Shizuka was rarely here anymore. She had never really paid attention to this floor as it was one of those unimportant floors. Perhaps she was wrong but currently, she has been spending quite a bit of time in the fourth floor in all honesty. With a sigh, she ventured through the grass of the land, checking out the scenery as butterflies and birds stare at her from above... almost as if they were admiring Shizuka's intense beauty. With a smile, she push out her hand, allowing a butterfly to land there perfectly in order to rest. With a smile, she leaned over her other hand and petted the wings of the butterfly before throwing it out again, allowing it to fly away and find its own path. Reminds me... I have to find my own path... My meaning in life. Shizuka thought before venturing forward in the floor with randomness and no purpose at all.

Soon, Shizuka came to a stop. Indeed, she had arrived at the outskirts of the safe zone. Indeed, she had actually not been in the safe zone and instead, had been material gathering for a while before coming over to the main town in order to get some rest before continuing. Still, she didn't remember to check her friendlist as she would've been able to tell that Vayrin was right there. As she looked around, she saw the violet haired girl talking to another guy and this perked Shizuka's interest. She had to admit, Vayrin was a pretty girl... Not someone beautiful but pretty to the point that many low-leveled boys would attempt their luck. I wouldn't be surprised if Vayrin rejects most of them. Shiuzka thought with the roll of her eyes before walking over to the two.  "Hey Vayrin... I just happen to be passing through. What's up?" Shizuka asked in a chilled tone.

As Vayrin wandered through the streets towards the edge of town she kept her eyes on her map. Not taking notice to the players who had to sidestep out of her way as she walked passed them. She had been scrolling through the southern part of the floor on her map. A place she had rarely for no particular reason. All her grinding needs were served on this side of the mountain range. Although she doubted she'd find anything different on that side, she still wanted to go see. Her deep thoughts were suddenly broken when she heard the voice of an unfamiliar player behind her. "Huh?" Vayrin said as she turned her head, her hand still on her map. It took her a moment to remember what he said as she looked at the player who had spoken to her. He was a little taller then her, but he had a rather peculier look to on him. He had white and black messy hair along with an eye patch. In her time inside SAO, she had never seen an eye patch. The girl quickly shook the thought to think up a response to his question. "Do I need help?" Vayrin said, thinking about the answer for a moment. Not in particular, no. Although it couldn't hurt to ask what she had been curious about before. "Well, I mostly stick to this side of the floor. Do you know if there is anything different on the southern half?" She said.

Vayrin turned her head again when she sensed someone else had entered the conversation. She saw a familiar face. Of course, how could she forget with her pink hair. It was Shizuka. The girl that had been on her short friends list, but she rarely saw her anymore with her recent spike in levels. Vayrin couldn't deny that she had felt a little jealous of Shizuka at first, seeing the amount of good fortune she had gotten compared to Vayrin's. She had gotten over her past feelings now though. Vayrin simply assumed she had been getting a lot of help from the higher levels in her guild. Something Vayrin tried to avoid. "Oh, hi Shizuka...You alright?" Vayrin replied slightly concerned due to the tone Shizuka used. Sounded like she was upset.

Something different?, what did she mean by that?. The boy had explored many areas on the second floor and had even discovered a small dungeon, by accident but it was still relatively normal looking. swiping a hand through his hair he scratched at the back of it in thought. "I'm not sure, there might be something..." in mid thought it seemed another had appeared. Being polite he offered a smile.

Hearing the girl's tone a shiver was sent down his spine, what was with that? looking between the two girls he gulped nervously. 'what is it with you in finding moody chicks?' a voice echoed from the back of his mind. 'Not now' he hissed back at the voice. Taking a small step back he kept the smile, it would be best if he kept out of the two girl's business until they were finished.

Deciding to further what the girl-...Vayrin meant by different, for SAO there was many strange things. 'wait a minute...didn't Ariel say something about a quest?' she said she had just returned from attempting to break a boulder but had failed, is that what this girl was looking for?. turning towards the duo he patiently waited for his turn to speak. 

Shizuka was always someone that liked to inspect new people as they came along and well, this guy in front of her sure was new to her. He had on quite a strange outfit if she didn't say so herself and his hair was rather awkward... probably rarer than her own, personal pink hair. Indeed, this boy in front of her was probably 16-18, looking more 16 as he had a playful eye-patch, something that she found very rare as she hadn't even seen an NPC with that item before. Nevertheless, Shizuka sighed as she continued to observe the boy. His black and white hair glowed during the day, very attention attracting and several NPC players were taking a peek as they walked around. Of course, Shizuka sure didn't mind as her pink hair and general looks were indeed quite attracting as well for some male NPCs but she ignores them completely as they are just programs.

Then, she realized that Vayrin had asked her a question, "Upset? Well, ya see, I had recently finished off a quest called <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> and I found that the cave behind it was a good material gathering spot for easy materials and well, this morning, the rock had respawned and my location was cut off. The cave is full of materials as not many people would venture into it, but I do, and it's upsetting that I can't use it anymore as the rock takes quite a while... Say, if you guys are bored, maybe we can go and try to break it... It might be long, but it will be quicker with all three of us." It was a long passage of speech, something that rarely comes out from Shizuka's mouth. As she waited for a reply, Shizuka looked at the man. Trust, or not to trust. 

Vayrin listened as Shizuka responded to her original question. Then suddenly it hit her. There WAS something on that side of the floor. She remembered. Without saying anything, Vayrin quickly closed her map and began scrolling through her menu again, giving a few more taps. She came to her quest log and scrolled to the quest <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>. She had accepted this quest some time ago, just like many others. Even though she couldn't complete it at the time, she still accepted it so she wouldn't have to make that annoying trip back to the quest board. "Right, now I remember there was a quest." She said, staring at the info. Vayrin looked up at Shizuka and the boy who had been standing on either side of her after Shizuka suggested they go. Vayrin couldn't think of a reason to deny it. The quest had no danger aside from running into the usual mobs along the mountain paths. She then looked back at her menu, her violet eyes reflecting it's glow. "I don't have any problems with that. Beside I could probably use the materials inside that cave as well. Same with this extra skill." Vayrin said in her natural serious tone. She then looked back at the boy. She had forgotten that she didn't even know him. "So, you in or out Mister...?"

Realizing he had mistook the situation for a much more serious one he sighed in relief, he definitely wouldn't want to get caught in a middle of a fight and he had a sneaking suspicion  these girls were vicious. Feeling eyes on him Takneil gulped nervously as he did his best to keep his eye away from this gir-Shizuka's own, he felt as though he was being penalized for just existing. shuddering he thanked whatever god there was as he was released from the girl's gaze, he was sure he was taking it the wrong way but it was better to be safe than sorry...Hearing the girl speak up he turned to listen in, eavesdropping wasn't in his forte but if he was going to offer his assistance he needed to know what was happening.'Breaking the Unbreakable?, right! it was that quest she had gone after' retaining to his quiet self he listened in silence as the two talked.

'Mister?, I'm only 18...' 'Sorry to break the news to ya Takkun, but it's your stupid hair. Chicks don't dig guys with white hair even if it partial' 'oh will you shut it!' nodding to the Vayrin's question he spoke. "As long as you don't mind, and Takneil...my name's Takneil." he saw no reason to reject, granted Shizuka seemed off to him it wasn't something he felt he needed to be worried about.

Shizuka shrugged as the boy gave the answer that she had expected. She had actually been looking sideways at the boy, but she was sure the man hadn't noticed. With a cheerful smile, Shizuka jumped up, "Alright then, let's get started shall we?" Shizuka asked.  "Don't wanna be spending too much time on this rock... I've got quite a bit of material gathering to complete." Shizuka finished before starting to walk and lead the way towards the rock area. Things have really changed since Shizuka had been a low leveled player. Back then, she would walk with weakness, feeling her uselessness to the front lines and her weak arms would sway by her side with no control. Her back would be slanted and her eyes were filled with a tired void. However, now was different. No longer was she as depressed as she was back then... No depressed was not the word for it... Indeed, a better word would be "Time period in which she had been struck by sadness" and trust her, she would do anything to avoid going back there again. Now, she was level 31, a good, decent level. A player of the powerful Azure Brigade and she will get only better at her class. With a smirk, Shizuka lifted her head high, walked as tall as she could allowing her pink hair to sway under the sunlight... Leaves dropped around her, emphasizing her non-existent powers even more. No, she meant not to be cocky or arrogant... She did not want to be like the other members of her guild, however, one must show the difference when they are part of the greatest guild in the game.

Soon, after rapidly walking through the land of the second floor, Shizuka approached the gigantic boulder. "Alright, Mister Taknail and Mistress Vayrin. This boulder has 50 health and we cannot use our weapons so unless any of you have martial arts, we're going to have to take a while in order to finish this quest." Shizuka said with a smile that held confidence... another thing that she lacks during the start of the game. "Hey, look, it's the guy that paints our faces with whiskers." Shizuka said as she watched the short, old white-haired man come over with a brush in one hand and an ink bottle in the other. Soon, all three players were going to be stuck with having whiskers until the end of the quest. 

Edited by Shizuka

Vayrin nodded at the boy as he told her name. But then her attention was redirected back to Shizuka jumped up. "Uhh, yeah sure." Vayrin replied to Shizuka's comment. Vayrin then looked back at her map and began walking. "It'll be evening soon. We should get this over with quickly if we don't want to be fighting the late night mobs." She yelled back at them, not taking her eyes off the floating window hovering in front of her. A couple minutes into their walk up to the summits of the mountains, Vayrin had closed her menu, relying on Shizuka to be their guide. Vayrin had her normal serious look on her face. Something that made her either look pissed off, or just really bored. Something she seemed unaware of. It was that rare occasion she was in the mountains with other people. In fact it was a rare occasion that she was with other people in general. It was rare to find Vayrin in the towns during the middle of the day. She was almost always outside of the safe zone grinding, looking for mat, or just exploring. Unlike Shizuka who had gotten herself involved in a guild and was probably grazing at the higher unlocked floors these days.

As the three convened on the summit of the mountain which the quest was supposed to take place, Shizuka spoke back to them. Vayrin rolled her eyes as she reexplained the information about the quest. "Don't worry, we can do this." Vayrin said, walking past her towards the rock. Vayrin then stopped as the old man came up to her. "Now what do you think you're do-Woha, Hey!" Vayrin yelled as the man started to touch her face. Her hand went for her blade on her back but she did not pull it from it's sheath. she soon realized what was going on. With an extremely annoyed sigh, Vayrin lowered her arm from her back. The man was soon finished, and now Vayrin looked really pissed as the cat whiskers dried on her cheeks. "Lets just get this over with..." She said in a darker tone.

"alright" he responded taking up similar pace behind his fellow players. The day ahead of him shouldn't be too strenuous compared to the previous week, after all he had dealt with a monster with a hundred health...how much more tedious could a rock be? and with two other players as well. Taking note of a few spots that might prove fruitful for grinding the boy felt awkward in the silence on the trek, usually his friends would be chatting up a storm while he listened only interjecting when needed. Sighing he swiped open his menu, unequiping the Stinger Blade a sword that had been a boss drop of a quest he had participated in. frowning as the sword phased off of his side he closed his menu, he never felt safe without the weapon. it had got him out of many situations where he would have failed,but the quest called for it.

'That thing is huge!' looking down at his hands Takneil tightened them into a fist, no matter how he did it he would be sore for a long time. Groaning at the mispronunciation of his name he moved past it and let the girl finish. "50hp? that will be annoying...Whiskers?" looking to the old man he chuckled. 'yeah right' the NPC was most likely going to paint a target or something on the-...he's painting Vayrin.

"Oh my god, he actually painted whiskers on us." he stated trying to rub off the foolish markings, finding the effort pointless he glared at the rock. "Can we hit it now?, I really need to hit it now..."  he said clenching his fists till the whites on his knuckles were showing.

ID: 40529
Battle Dice: 1

[Shorts Posts from now on because we're just going to be punching rocks xD]

Shizuka prepared to strike first. Indeed, it was her first turn and she was determined to land this shot. Even though she was a support, she had thought that she would be able to strike the still rock but just like last time in which she had attempted this quest, she had failed on the first action. With a sad sigh, Shizuka decided to go retreat. "Sorry. Support here, don't have much accuracy... Actually, my accuracy is probably relevant to a blind person." Shizuka said with a humorous smile.

HP List
Shizuka: 124/124
   Energy: 29/31 (-2)
Vayrin: 56/56
   Energy: 14/14
Takneil: 56/56
   Energy: 14/14 

Enemies:
Boulder: 
50/50

Edited by Shizuka

ID# 41071

BD: 1 [No Effect.]

Walking up to the boulder, Vayrin gave her hands a quick shake, got into a makeshift boxing stance, and slugged one arm at the boulder. The boulder seemingly had no effect to her punch. Vayrin gave a quick sigh and nodded at Takneil for his turn. Perhaps a guy would have better luck punching things then she would. "This is gonna be my whole day isn't it..." Vayrin mumbled under her breath.

ID# 41076 results: Battle: 1(Failure!) Craft: 8 Loot: 20 MOB: 1

Punching his fist into an open hand Takneil smirked confidently as he approached the towering rock, it had seemed the girls had failed in their attempts to damage the target but this was gonna be different. He would damage it. Pulling back his arm he took in a deep breath, punching rocks wasn't exactly his thing but he could just count this as part of his training...maybe for a future attempt?. Taking a step he leaned into the attack as he threw his fist forward, connecting with the rock he felt his arm shudder in pain. Biting down on his tongue he held back a cry as he backed away shaking his hand. "Okay...ow"

Boulder: 50/50

Edited by Takneil

ID: 41176
Battle Dice: 4

Shizuka frowned as she saw that the other two had managed to miss as well. She didn't know what the boy's build was but she was certain that he wasn't a support and well, she didn't blame the other two for missing as she too had missed despite her experience. Even though she was high leveled, she had almost no power in attacking and accuracy as she was a support. So when she had struck once again, this time, she had missed as well to her disapproval.

HP List
   Energy: 28/31 (-2) (+1)
   Energy: 12/14

Enemies:
Boulder: 
50/50

Edited by Shizuka

ID# 41313

BD: 3 [No Effect]

Vayrin tried again, she quickly jabbed her hand at the boulder, but the result had been the exact same as last time. She did not punch hard enough. The rock stood still, it's HP gauge unchanging. She gave another frustrated sigh, and stepped back, letting Takneail take another go at it. Not having her weapon handy was annoying. She could have easily cut through the stone with a few sword arts.

ID# 41417 results: Battle: 8(Success!) Craft: 5 Loot: 15 MOB: 5

Rolling his shoulder Takneil waited his turn as the girl's made attacks of their own, with each strike proving futile he watched the HP gauge. it hadn't budged yet, not even a hair. Truly it looked as though the rock was indestructible, but the quest wasn't impossible. Moving in as Vayrin stepped away he threw his fist at the target once more, looking up at the bar he smirked. He had made the first bit of damage. backing out of the way he nodded to the other Players. 

Boulder: 49/50 (-1)

Edited by Takneil

ID: 41418
Battle Dice: 5

This was going to get extremely annoying if things were not going to change. Indeed, the first five or so attacks had missed and well, the first landed hit was actually from the boy that she wasn't sure of his ability in the beginning of the quest. However, her thought of him improved as he was actually able to make contact with the rock while Vayrin and she could not. However, she was always going to try in order to help out and with an undetermined smile, Shizuka charged up only to miss the rock entirely. Argh... This is going to be annoying. Shizuka thought as she walked back. I don't remember it being this painstaking the last time I had done this. 

HP List
   Energy: 27/31 (-2) (+1)
   Energy: 11/14

Enemies:
Boulder: 
49/50

Edited by Shizuka
Rolling Battle Dice

Vayrin cocked her arm back, and attempted to give the rock another hit. Just like her previous one's though. Nothing happened. Vayrin's expression had turned very annoyed as the painted whiskers on her face only continued to get harder. She couldn't even damage the rock at all. At this point, Vayrin had began to ignore the other two around her, only focusing on the boulder. Hoping something would happen.

ID# 41442

BD: 2 [No Effect]

ID# 41443 results: Battle: 7(Success!) Craft: 7 Loot: 10 MOB: 5

Not wanting to back down from the challenge, despite the rather bland outcome Takneil hurled another fist at the towering rock. He would make sure that this quest would be completed, not only for himself but the two girls at his side. He wouldn't allow them to be forever cursed to having poorly painted whiskers on their face. Feeling a twinge of anger he followed through with the attack, Finding that his fist had connected once more with the target he looked up at the HP and smirked. He was getting the hang of it.

Boulder: 48/50(-1)

Edited by Takneil