[PP-F3] "Do Our Work for Us" <<Worn Out Welcome>> (Vayrin)

Floor Three, despite all the bad things I had to say about floor two, was actually my least visited floor by far. I couldn't remember the last time I had bee here. The village towns and wide prairies didn't really jump out at me. The lack of verticality made the place seem pretty plain. Pretty ironic considering the whole game was about going up. I had made my way into the town and was currently dangling my feet off of someone's roof. I was sure they wouldn't mind. I looked into the distance as I let the wind blow into my hair. That was the one thing that was great about SAO no matter the floor. For some reason I loved the feeling of the wind on my face. Maybe it helped remind me that I was really alive. I let my mind drift and eventually I considered how boring my day would end up being. There wasn't really much to do on floor 3 so unless something jumped up in front of me I doubted I'd be doing much. 

"HAAH!" Vayrin yelled furiously as she slashed at the air in front of her. Her sword glowing as it ripped through the air. She had been standing in the middle of the wide prairie, doing various moves and flips. Practicing her abilities. She had been pushing herself furiously as she continued to slash at the air in front of her. Left slash, backflip, stab, uppercut, side leap. Her eyes flashed with fury as the air around her exploded with color from the sword arts she had been using. The grass was blown in multiple directions with each slash. She had grown very fond of her most recent skill. The one that let her do feats that she couldn't do in the real world. She finished off with a stab. She froze for a moment, leaving her body in the stabbing position as she panted. She then gave her weapon a playful spin and sheathed in her back. she looked over at the sun. It had been setting, leaving a warm, yellowish glow over the vast fields.

As the sun began to set I had made my way out into the prairies. The flat landscape was filled with nothing. Yeah that's right, nothing. I didn't even see any players walking around. Was I the only one there? That's what I was thinking until I heard the sound of shouting carrier by the wind. It sounded like the voice of a girl, a girl around my age. I tried to find the source of the voice and I found what I was looking for way off in the distance. The figure that I was was practicing moves on the air, no doubt testing out some new skills. The person I was looking at look vaguely familiar so I decided I'd go take a closer look. When I got closer I knew immediately who I was looking at. If recognize that purple anywhere, it was Vayrin. It dawned on me that after our last encounter she might not be all that happy to see me but I felt like I was already past the point of no return so I continued forward. I'd try to be lighthearted when I spoke to her so she'd know I had no hard feelings. She hadn't seen me walk towards her, her back was to me the whole time, so I had the element of surprise. I wasn't exactly on top of her, probably still about 40 feet away. She might not recognize me at first. Oh well, I'd call out anyway. "Hey, what did that air ever do to you?" I yelled with a smile. 

Vayrin sighed heavily as she put her blade inside her sheath. She closed her eyes for a moment, letting the wind blow her hair while feeling the glow of the artificial sun on her face. She then opened them again when she heard a voice call out in the distance. Vayrin turned her head with a curious expression to find the source of the sound. She squinted in the distance to see a figure of a boy calling out to her. Vayrin couldn't tell who this was from this distance. With that thought in mind, Vayrin began walking towards the town. She would need to pass the figure on the way back so she could see them more clearly. As Vayrin began walking closer, the boy started the bear striking resemblances to someone she knew. That's when she figured out who it was. Her eyes widened a bit when she saw Koumori calling out to her. It had been a while since the last time she saw him on floor 4. But she remembered their conversation. She wondered if she had hurt Koumori in the words she had spoken, but then decided to not bring it up. "Hey, what are you doing on this floor?" She said once the two came into speaking distance. A small smile on her face.

Vayrin put her sword away and started walking towards me. I could tell the exact moment that she recognized me as her expression changed pretty noticeably. She came right up to me with a smile and asked what I was doing there. A smile huh? I guess she wasn't angry about what had happened earlier. It didn't seem like a fake smile so she must've been happy to see me. However, it would probably be wise to not bring up the conversation in question. I smiled back at her before I answered. "Nothing really, just thought I'd check it out. What about you? Looked like you were having a heck of a time just now." I laughed a little bit as I scratched my head. I had a habit of doing that with people I knew. I was glad to have run in to her. Not only because it would give me a chance to make up for what happened last time but because she would rescue me from my boredom. I smiled a little at the third reason I was happy to see her. "Glad it was you who I ran into actually. That means I don't have to deal with someone else thinking I'm a girl. Haha, long story..."

As she got closer, Vayrin could tell that Koumori was also smiling. Good, he wasn't thinking about their conversation. She at least hoped. He soon replied to her comment. "Me? Well, I'm still a low level. I can't really venture out of the safe zones outside of any floors higher then this." She replied slightly depressed with the truth. She had been a low level for a while now. The longer she spent on these floors, the more she desired to become a front liner. Vayrin quickly shook the thought to Koumori's next comment. Vayrin slightly tilted her head when Koumori explained to her that he had run into people who thought he was a girl. She looked slightly confused for a moment. "Well, good thing I know you're a guy." She replied, smiling a tiny bit.

"Really? Well let's change that then." I said to her with a wink. I liked helping people level up plus I had fallen behind myself it seemed like all my friends were blowing past me. She titled her head and looked at me quizzically at what I said next. She looked at me a little bit and started grinning before she answered. I returned her grin with one of my own and comically pointed at her. "Hey don't get any funny ideas, I see you smiling. You think I'm joking?"

(sorry, tree work again)

"You want to help me with a quest?" She said thoughtfully, not knowing why. It was true that Vayrin had done very few quests in her time. Only a few, but none of them really had become really rewarding. She thought for a moment about the one's available on the 3rd Floor. She then remembered hearing about a quest called <<Worn Out Welcome>> Her thoughts went back to Koumori as he jokingly replied to her last comment. "Don't worry, I'm sure your a very pretty girl in most people's eyes." She replied jokingly back. "I think there is one quest we could do if you're up for it."

My eyebrow raised at the mention of doing a quest. Well for her to offer that she definitely wasn't mad at me at all. Good to know. Plus that was just what I needed. "Sure, have anything in mind?" I grimaced at what she said in reply to my earlier comment. I considered for a second what to say before I thought that maybe I should give her a show to make up for before, even if she wasn't mad about it. I kicked one of my feet in the air and brought my finger to my lip in one of the girl poses I often used on Sousuke and Manta. Over the top sure but it did the trick. I answered her back in a pouty voice. "You really think so? Well, I have been told that before." I smiled at her briefly before returning to normal and shaking my head. "So yeah that's been my life. Good thing you can tell the difference between a boy and a girl. Anyway, yeah this quest. Let's get on that shall we?"

As Koumori went into his "pretending to be a girl" act, Vayrin just smiled and opened her menu, scrolling through it looking for the quest info. She had accepted the quest a while ago, along with almost every other one on the lower floors. She began reading the information. "Well, looks like we need to meet up with some NPC's first in the town." She said, closing her menu looking back up at Koumori. "It's the <<Worn Out Welcome>> Quest in case you hadn't figured that out yet." She replied. She then began to walk past Koumori towards the town. "Best not waste time. We may have trouble fighting a dark elf at night."

Vayrin smiled and brought up her menu as I went through my routine. I guess she was pulling up quests and that was confirmed when told me the first step of whatever one she had chosen. According to her we had to go back to the town. She put the menu away and looked up at my confused face before revealing the name of the quest. Never heard of it. "Oh never heard of it. The more you know right?" I said to her as she started walking ahead of me. She added that we needed to fight a boss and I smiled. Fighting was always fun. I hurried to catch up to her and gave her a light slap on the shoulder as I passed her. "Alright then let's hurry!" I said as I hurried on ahead. I felt like an idiot when I literally stopped in my tracks and turned my head back to her. "Yeah I literally have no idea where I'm going so you're gonna have to take the lead on this one." I said as I remained frozen in a half step pose. 

"Yeah, we're heading back to town so you can accept the quest dummy." Vayrin said smiling as she continued to walk towards the town. Seeing as Koumori hadn't already done so, then needed to get back to the town so the quest NPC's could go through their routine and let Koumori accept the quest as well. "I hope your fighting skills are good, I may not be able to take this guy out on my own." She said as she passed by Koumori in his half step position, giving a small nudge to put him off balance.

"Right right sorry. Lead the way Violet Phantom" I said with a wink. Vayrin continued to walk past me as she gave me a light nudge in an attempt to knock me off balance. It kinda worked, I stumbled to the side and had to bring my other foot down in order to stay standing. I laughed a little as she forged ahead. "Oh don't worry, I'm sure I can handle him. Monsters cower in fear at my might! My name is known throughout...ahh who am I kidding? I can beat it though." I followed Vayrin through the town as she led us to our destination. It seemed to be a small shop by the looks of it and my suspsions were confirmed when we walked inside. Behind the counter stood a couple who seemed like they were waiting for us to arrive. I turned to Vayrin, "this it?"

(did I get that right? I read the summary the other day. Go ahead and have them describe the thread and we can get to it)

Vayrin rolled her eyes as Koumori called her by the name of her shop. She doubted that she was worthy to have a title like that anyways. 10 minutes later the two had arrived at the shop where the quest was handed out. She looked over to Koumori and nodded when he asked if this was the right place. Before Vayrin could say anything, a rather large NPC stepped in front of her, staring at Koumori. "Welcome young swordsmen! You are here for the oppertunity to get yourself some fine armor right?" The Npc looked to be a blacksmith. He had a large red beard, and was wearing a forge apron around his chest. He leaned forward and put a hand on Koumori's shoulder. "Well, you may be out of luck my friend." He replied with a sad expression on his face. "I seem to be fresh out of materials to forge you said armor. But. I know where you can get them. Not too far from here is a Dark Elf. he may have what you are looking for! Kill him and gather the materials, then I can make you a fine pair of spaulders!" He said again. The quest window appered in front of Koumori as Vayrin stood there waiting for his reaction with her arms crossed.

The large man behind the counter approached me and said he could make me some gear if I killed a monster and brought back the materials. Oh nice, another errand quest. I smirked as the accept/deny prompt appeared before me. "So basically you're saying "do our work for us?" All right then." I said as I hit the accept button. "Well be back soon." I said to the man as I turned back to Vayrin. Now that I had the quest too, I knew where to go. "Let's go!" I walked ahead of her and held the door for her to exit before continuing on. It didn't take much for us to get back out to the fields and looking for the beast. He was bound to be in the forest somewhere so we started off looking. Well the quest must've just activated when you went a certain distance in because in no time I heard footsteps behind me. I spun around to see the Dark Elf facing us with a menacing look. I pulled my sword and turned to Vayrin. "Why don't you take first crack?"

Vayrin pulled out her blade once their foe had been spotted. She nodded at Koumori when he suggested she went for the first blow. With ease, Vayrin sprinted towards the Dark Elf with her blade glowing. Her first attempt to strike proved unlucky though, as the agile creature leaped just out of the reach of her sword. It followed through with it's own strike after she missed. Vayrin managed to spot the dagger flying at her from the side. She quickly twisted her body to miss it, then she did a quick back flip to gain some distance from her foe. Her expression had turned fierce, even though this foe was weaker then most she had fought.

ID# 40772

BD: 2+1(Accuracy)=3 [Miss!]

MD: 6-1(+1 Evasion)= 5 [Miss!]

Vayrin's HP: 32/32

Dark Elf's HP: 12/12

Vayrin's Energy: 7/8

Vayrin quickly jumped into action and lunged forward toward the Elf. Her speed surprised me but it wasn't enough to catch the creature off guard as he easily dodged her blow. Fortunately, Vayrin was able to do the same and twist out of the way of the elf's counter attack. When she landed I wasted no time. I charged forward at the monster and swung my sword ferociously through the air. Maybe I had been underestimating the creature because he had no difficulty dodging my attacks either. I landed on the ground at its side and quickly leaped out of his reach to save ground. "This guy is gonna be one of those then..." 

(Suffice to say my roll was a miss)

Koumori 74/74

Vayrin 32/32

Dark Elf 12/12

Energy -2

After seeing Koumori roll on the ground after the Dark Elf dodged his attack, Vayrin seemed to take no notice. She charged up her weapon and sprinted back towards the creature. It did the same, it's dagger glowing. As soon as the two came into striking distance, It tried to slash at her first. Vayrin spun out of the dagger's path, and then brought her weapon around to stab the creature. The impact of the blade to it's side made it stumble and roll backwards on the ground till it's back hit a tree. Vayrin stood still, holding her blade out, staring at the creature with fury in her eyes, waiting for the next move.

ID# 40851

BD: 6+1(Accuracy)=7 [Hit!]

MD: 4-1(Evasion)=3 [Miss!]

Vayrin's DMG: 4

Vayrin's HP: 32/32

Koumori's HP: 74/74

Dark Elf's HP: 8/12

Vayrin's Energy: 6/8

Vayrin quickly zoomed past me and went in for her second attack. She narrowly dodged a strike from the Elf's dagger and got in a solid shot of her own. The impact from her sword sent it backward and slamming into a tree, leaving a perfect opening. "Awesome set up!" I yelled as I leaped into the air. I brought my sword up and activated <Vertical Arc>, one of my old skills that did less damage, no need t go over board. I contacted with the beasts chest and carved a red V into its elfen torso. I brought up my feet and kicked off of him as he burst out of existence. I dusted myself off and slide my sword back in its home. "I've seen mobs that are harder than that guy. Well, at least it didn't take too long." I said as I collected the materials the blacksmith requested. "Shall we return?"

ID: 40853

BD: 7 (1base+4skill+2bonusXswordart=yeah I got him)

ENEMY WOULDN'T EVEN BE ABLE TO EAT OUT OF A TUBE. HE DEAD

"Well. That was faster then anticipated." Vayrin said as she slid her weapon back into her sheath hanging on her back. "Guess you redeemed yourself after that clumsy roll." She said giving Koumori a quick smile. Now that they had gotten the required materials, they could probably start heading back. Ten minutes into their walk though, Vayrin had heard something behind them. She turned her head to see 4 angry looking elves, dressed in bandit attire. Vayrin tapped Koumori on the shoulder with one hand as she started to pull out her blade in the other. "I think we may have upset some friends..."